Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 5 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 April
- The number of people benefitting from thePradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana has crossed 2 crore mark. Objective of this scheme is:
A.To ensure education of girls in rural areas
B.To provide (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) LPG connections to Below Poverty Line (BPL) households
C.To provide LED bulbs at subsidised rates in urban slums
D.To provide scholarship to bright students for pursuing higher studiesAnswer –B. To provide (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) LPG connections to Below Poverty Line (BPL) households
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana was launched on 1st May 2016 to provide deposit-free LPG connections with monetary assistance of Rs. 1600/- to women from BPL households, thereby preventing health hazards emanating from usage of unclean cooking fuel and fossil fuel for domestic cooking purpose.
- Which State Govt. has announced to provide one-time grant of Rs 21,000 to all those families whose third girl child was born after August 24, 2015 under the currently operational ‘Aapki Beti Humari Beti’ scheme?
Earlier, under this scheme the first girl child born in the families belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC) and Below Poverty Line (BPL) category was eligible for a grant of Rs. 21000/-. Similarly, second girl child, twin or multiple girl child born on or after January 22, 2015 in any family was also eligible for a grant of Rs. 21000/- (per girl child). Now, third girl child has also been covered under the scheme.
- National Conference on Communicating India 2017 was held on April 5, 2017 in:
D.MumbaiAnswer –C. New Delhi
The conference was organized by the Vivekananda International Foundation in collaboration with the India Media Centre, University of Westminster, London, Nehru Memorial Museum and Library and the Indian Institute of Mass Communication with the association of Prasar Bharati.
- Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways and Shipping, Nitin Gadkarihas announced the first North East Express Highway project with an outlay of Rs 40,000 crore. This 1300 Km highway project will be implemented in:
Assam government, the National Highways Authority of India and the Inland Waterways of India have signed a tripartite agreement to construct this highway in Assam along the banks of Brahmaputra.
- What was the aim of 9th UK-India Economic and Financial Dialogue held in New Delhi?
A.To combat cross border tax evasion, enhance cooperation in financial services and boost investments by encouraging Indian companies to raise funds through masala bonds
B.To facilitate operations of British Hedge Funds in Indian Capital Market
C.To sign a currency swap agreement between Bank of England and Reserve Bank of India
D.To lay out plan for Britain’s exit from European UnionAnswer –A.To combat cross border tax evasion, enhance cooperation in financial services and boost investments by encouraging Indian companies to raise funds through masala bonds.
9th UK-India Economic and Financial Dialogue held in New Delhi was led by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley and UK Chancellor of the Exchequer, Philip Hammond. Finance Minister Arun Jaitley announced that India and the UK have decided to set up Green Growth Equity Fund to finance clean energy projects.
- Chief Minister of which state declared Rs 36,359 crore farm loan waivers on April 4, 2017?
D.Andhra PradeshAnswer –B. Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh chief minister, Yogi Adityanath declared Rs 36,359 crore farm loan waivers during his first cabinet meeting on 4thApril 2017. The U.P government planned to waive off crop loans of up to Rs 1 lakh of small and marginal farmers. Cabinet also decided to write off Rs 5,630 crore in non-performing assets (NPAs) of 700,000 farmers in the state.
- According to a new report released by World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC), India’s travel and tourism sector ranks ____ in the world in terms of its total contribution to the country’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
WTTC report also mentioned that 40.3 million jobs were created in travel and tourism sector of India in 2016. On account of this remarkable figure, India ranked 2nd in the world in terms of total employment generated. For the year 2016, India’s Travel and Tourism sector registered a growth of 8.5% – the fastest amongst G20 countries.
- On April 3, 2017, the Dispute Settlement Body of World Trade Organisation (WTO) agreed to set up a panel for resolving a dispute pertaining to imposition of safeguard duty on imports of Japanese _________ by India.
D.Steel productsAnswer -D.Steel Products
In March 2016, India imposed 20% provisional safeguard duty on import of hot-rolled steel coils from Japan. Japanese authorities allege that imposition of duties by India is in contravention of WTO norms.
- Which among the following is the first NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) member country to launch a “self-contained” cyber command unit to protect IT and weapons systems from growing attacks?
The military’s computers are attacked from online sources thousands of times each day. To improve defense, Germany has now launched its own cyber command. The Bundeswehr’s Cyber and Information Space (CIR) boast a status of army, navy, and air force.
- As a part of its ongoing effort to curb the spread of fake news and fabricated articles, leaders from Tech industry and academic organizations have formed a$______ consortium to create an awareness of news literacy and increase trust in social media
D.$14 millionAnswer –D. $14 million
The News Integrity Initiative will launch with $14 million from Facebook, the Ford Foundation, Mozilla and others, based at the City University of New York’s journalism school. This initiative was announced on April3, 2017.
- Which among the following has become the seventh entity to receive a final licence from Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for carrying out the business of payments bank in India?
A.Vodafone M-Pesa Ltd.
B.Fino Pay Tech Ltd
C.Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank Ltd.
D.National Securities Depository Ltd.Answer – C. Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank Ltd.
Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank Ltd. is a 51:49 joint venture (JV) between Aditya Birla Nuvo Ltd. (ABNL) and telecom operator Idea Cellular. Rajat Mukarji, Chief Corporate Affairs Officer of Idea Cellular had earlier mentioned that Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank Ltd. will be launched in the first half of year 2017.
- Which country has officially recognised Bitcoin as a method of payment from April 2017?
D.JapanAnswer –D. Japan
The currency of the Internet, Biticoin and other digital currencies have been recognised as a payment method by Japan with effect from new fiscal year. It was recognised under new banking law of Japan.
- Aliza Knox was associated with which company?
Aliza Knox decided to quit after her successful near five -year tenure with Twitter. After her dedicated four and half years at Twitter, she hand over her leadership responsibilities to Maya –Hari , Managing Director of India & Southeast Asia of Twitter.
- Who has become India’s first transgender police officer?
D.Vibha RajputAnswer – A.Prithika Yashini
Prithika was born and raised as Pradeep Kumar. The 25 year-old computer application graduate underwent sex change surgery to get the new face of Prithika. The Madras high court has directed Tamil Nadu Uniformed Services Recruitment Board (TNUSRB) to appoint a transgender as sub-inspector of police.
- Alternate investment arm of which private sector bank will invest $20 million to acquire a significant stake in Theobroma – the leading bakery chain?
D.Kotak Mahindra BankAnswer – C.ICICI Bank
ICICI Venture will invest $20 million to acquire a significant stake in Theobroma. This investment will mark the third transaction from ICICI Ventures latest fund, ‘India Alternate Fund 4.’ Theobroma was launched by Kainaz Messman Harchandrai, a former pastry chef at the Oberoi Udaivilas hotel in Udaipur, in 2004.
- Which online tax filing portal has announced that it has developed a technology platform to help businesses comply with the provisions of GST law?
ClearTax has launched a first-of-its-kind multi-GSP (GST Suvidha Provider) taxation solution and the software will be adept to handle over 1 billion invoices, which is expected to be generated after the GST rollout.
- The final stage of the world’s largest solar plant Noor Ouarzazate has been inaugurated in:
D.AlgeriaAnswer –C.MoroccoExplanation :
The final stage of the world’s largest solar plant Noor Ouarzazate has been inaugurated by Mohammed VI, King of Morocco in Ouarzazate. The plant is based on photovoltaic (PV) technology, which spanned over an area of 137 hectares (1.37 square km).The cost of this plant is nearly 75 million U.S. dollars.
- Mashrafe Mortaza is associated with which sport?
Mashrafe Mortaza(33) who led the Bangladesh international cricket team for One day and Twenty20 international matches has announced retirement from T20Is. He played his last T20I series against Sri Lanka on April 6, 2017 at R Premdasa stadium, Colombo.
- Who among the following has been named Wisden’s Leading Cricketer in the World for 2016?
C.Ab de Villiers
D.Chris GayleAnswer – A. Virat Kohli
Right handed Indian international cricketer Virat Kolhi(28) was named as the Leading Cricketer in the World for the year 2016 by Wisden India Almanack. He became the third Indian cricketer to receive this honour after Virender Sehwag and Sachin Tendulkar
- ‘National Maritime Day’ is observed in India on which date every year?
D.5th AprilAnswer –D. 5th April
54th National Maritime Day was celebrated on 5th April 2017. On this day in 1919 navigation history was created when SS Loyalty, the first ship of the Scindia Steam Navigation Company, journeyed to the United Kingdom.