Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 29 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 April
- As per 11th round of the annual corruption study, ‘CMS India Corruption Study 2017’released by Centre for Media Studies (CMS), which is the most corrupt state in India?
Answer – 2.Karnataka
According to the survey, “77% of respondents” in Karnataka said they experienced corruption in accessing public services. This is followed by Andhra Pradesh (74%), Tamil Nadu (68%), Maharashtra (57%), Jammu and Kashmir (44%) and Punjab (42%).
- On April 28th 2017, which among the following became the fifth stateto pass the Goods and Services Tax (GST) Bill?
Answer – 1.Chhattisgarh
Chhattisgarh passed Goods and Service Tax (GST) Bill on April 28th 2017 and became the fifth state in the country after Bihar, Jharkhand, Telangana and Rajasthan. The Bill was tabled in the House by Commerce and Industries Minister Amar Agarwal.
- Which racing driver became the first Indian to take pole in the FIAF3 European series, securing the top spot on the starting grid for Race 1 of the second round of the championship in Monza, Italy?
Answer – 1.Jehan Daruvala
Jehan was unable to translate this advantage into a race victory, and finished at second place, behind his Carlin Racing teammate Lando Norris of the UK. Earlier, in February 2017, Jehan Daruvala won 2017 New Zealand Grand Prix and thereby became first India to win a Grand Prix in motorsport.
- Which among the following Indian cities have ranked among the top 20 tourist destinations in Asia Pacific Region as per the ‘Mastercard Asia Pacific Destinations Index 2017’?
1.Mumbai and New Delhi
2.New Delhi and Bengaluru
3.Chennai and Mumbai
4.Chennai and New Delhi
5.Chennai and Bengaluru
Answer – 3.Chennai and Mumbai
Chennai attracted 5.2 million international overnight arrivals and ranked 14th whereas Mumbai ranked 15th with 4.9 million overnight arrivals. During 2016, international visitors to Mumbai stayed for a total 30.7 million nights whereas in Chennai visitors stayed for 29.6 million nights. International visitors spent $4.6 billion in Chennai and $4.4 billion in Mumbai.
- Global Mobile Internet Conference (GMIC) 2017 was held on April 27, 2017 in:
2.Durban, South Africa
4.Colombo, Sri Lanka
Answer – 5.Beijing, China
The Global Mobile Internet Conference (GMIC), organized by the Great Wall Association (GWC) was held from 27th April to the 29th April 2017 at the China National Convention Center (CNCC) in Beijing, China.
- The first freight train linking China directly to the United Kingdom, arrived in the eastern Chinese city of Yiwu on April 29th2017. This freight train undertook a journey of ________________ km
Answer – 2.12000 km
It started from London on April 10 and passed through France, Belgium, Germany, Poland, Belarus, Russia and Kazakhstan during its 20-day trip before arriving in Yiwu in eastern Zhejiang province, a major wholesale centre for small consumer goods.
- As per a new financial norm, all bank accounts opened between July 1, 2014 and August 31, 2015, as well as investments made during this period in mutual funds and Insurance schemes will freeze if FATCA compliance has been not filed by April 30, 2017. Abbreviation FATCA stands for:
1.Financial Account Tax Compliance Act
2.Foreign Account Transaction Compliance Act
3.Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act
4.Financial Account Transaction Compliance Act
5.Fully Authorised Tax Compliance Act
Answer – 3.Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act
Abbreviation FATCA stands for Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act. It is an agreement signed between India and United States (US), which came into effect on August 31, 2015. FATCA compliance is basically a ‘self-declaration’ to provide details about account holder’s tax residency to the financial entity.
- On April 28, 2017, Reserve Bank of India (RBI)said that all the existing asset reconstruction companies (ARCs)must have a minimum Net Owned Fund (NOF) of Rs________ crore by March 2019
Answer – 3.Rs.100 Crore
Asset Reconstruction Companies (ARCs) buy out non-performing assets (NPAs) and manages it to make it profitable. In the current scenario, Central Govt. and RBI are envisaging an important role for ARCs in dealing with stressed assets in the system.
- Which former Union Minister has been selected for this year’s Japan’s ‘Order of the Rising Sun’award for his contribution to strengthening of bilateral ties between Japan and India?
Answer – 4.Ashwani Kumar
Ashwani Kumar will be conferred Grand Cordon of the Order of the Rising Sun Award which is the highest category of decorations among the Orders of the Rising Sun. It is bestowed upon foreign nationals in recognition of their outstanding achievements. Industrialist Ratan Tata has been one the Indian recipients of this award in the past.
- Who among the following has won the jury prize gold medal at the 10th Moscow Sand art Championship?
Answer – 1.Sudarsan Pattnaik
Sudarsan Pattnaik is an internationally renowned sand artist. He won the jury prize gold medal at the 10th Moscow Sand art Championship. The competition was held between 22nd and 28th April at Kolomenskoye, Moscow in Russia. The theme for the competition was “The world around us”.
- Ilir Meta has been elected as President of which country?
Answer – 3.Albania
With the support of the center-left majority, the speaker of Albania’s parliament, former premier Ilir Meta, was elected President of Albania on April 28, 2017 amid an opposition boycott. Meta received 87 votes in favour and two against in the 140-seat assembly.
- On April 30, 2017 which country conducted first glide test of its first amphibious aircraft AG600, stated to be the largest in the world?
Answer – 4.China
Designed to be the world’s largest amphibious aircraft, the 37-meter AG600, with a wingspan of 38.8 meters, has a maximum take-off weight of 53.5 tonnes. It can collect 12 tonnes of water in 20 seconds, and transport up to 370 tonnes of water on a single tank of fuel.
- A satellite named __________________, developed by ISRO for the SAARC region will be launched on May 5, 2017
2.Asian Friends Satellite
3.South Asia Satellite
Answer – 3.South Asia Satellite
South Asia Satellite, developed by ISRO for the SAARC region, is a communications and meteorology satellite for mapping of natural resources, telemedicine and education. India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Maldives and Afghanistan seven out of eight SAARC countries are part of this project whereas eighth SAARC country Pakistan has refused to join this project.
- Scientists have unearthed five ancient dinosaur egg fossils in ______,dating back to 70 million years
Answer – 5.China
The fossils, discovered near Foshan in the southeast part China, were found at a depth of about eight metres, preserved in red sandstone. The eggs were round in shape, belonging to phytophagous dinosaurs. The fossils are now being studied at a local museum.
- Who among the following has won silver at the Asian Snooker Championship at Doha, Qatar?
Answer – 2.Pankaj Advani
On April 28, 2017, Indian professional snooker player Pankaj Advani, won silver at the Asian Snooker Championship at Doha, Qatar. He lost the finals to China’s Lv Haotian by 3-6. If Pankaj Advani would have won the finals, he would have been the first player to win both Asian titles in Billiards and Snooker in same calendar year.
- Which actress became the first Indian woman to drive a Formula E racing car?
Answer – 4.Gul Panag
Actress Gul Panag has become the first Indian woman to drive a Formula E racing car. She drove the M4Electro at the Circuit de Calafat in Catalonia,Spain. The M4Electro is a Mahindra fourth generation Formula E race car.
- Begum Yaman K. Khan who passed away on April 28, 2017 was:
1.first female foreign minister of Bangladesh
2.first female foreign minister of Pakistan
3.famous Sufi singer
Answer – 3.famous Sufi singer
Famous sufi singer and daughter of legendary Sitar Maestro (late) Ustad Vilayat Ali Khan, Begum Yaman K. Khan has passed away after multiple organ failure. Begum Yaman used to sing all forms of Indian semi-classical music and was probably the only female singer in India of Sufi style of music in its purest form.
- What was the theme of ‘World Immunization Week 2017’ observed from 24-30 April 2017?
Answer – 5.’VaccinesWork’
World Immunization Week 2017 was observed across the globe between 24 April and 30 April 2017. The theme for the 2017 World Immunization Week was ‘VaccinesWork. Its objective is to achieve the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals and raise awareness about the critical importance of full immunization throughout life.