Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 3 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 April
- Which among the following key provision is included in the Finance Bill, 2017?
A.Limiting cash transactions to Rs. 2 lakh
B.Aadhaar has been made mandatory for filing income tax returns, effective from 1st July 2017
C.Corporate donations to electoral trust, to be made only by means of cheque, demand draft and electronic transfers
D.All of the aboveAnswer –D.All of the above
On 31st March 2017, President Pranab Mukherjee gave his assent to the Finance Bill 2017. Thus, all financial and taxation related provisions as announced in Budget 2017 have now attained a legal status.
- On 2nd April 2017, President Pranab Mukherjee laid foundation stone of Rabindra Bhawan and Haj House in which capital city?
C.Kolkata, West Bengal
D.Patna, BiharAnswer –A.Ranchi, Jharkhand
President of India Mr. Pranab Mukherjee was on an official visit to West Bengal, Jharkhand and Bihar from 1st – 3rd April 2017. On completion, Rabindra Bhawan is expected to promote art and culture, whereas Haj House will facilitate Haj pilgrimage for Muslim community in the state.
- Union Ministry of Tourism has sanctioned Rs 98.35 crore for tourism development in which state?
D.SikkimAnswer – C.Assam
The amount sanctioned will be used under the scheme of Swadesh Darshan. The cities to be developed are Tezpur, Majuli and Sivasagar. The first installment of Rs. 19.67 crore against the sanctioned amount was released by the Central government on March 31, 2017.
- First bio-gas bus with flat fare of Re 1 will be flagged off on April 7, 2017 in which Indian city?
C.Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
D.Kolkata, West BengalAnswer –D.Kolkata, West Bengal
Phoenix India Research and Development Group in Kolkata have designed a bus that will run on biogas produced from cow dung. The company has tied-up with Ashok Leyland to manufacture the 54-seater bus at a cost of Rs 13 lakh approximately.
- 19th Commonwealth Forestry Conference (CFC), 2017 has begun at Forest Research Institute (FRI)on April 3, 2017. FRI is located in:
D.Rishikesh, UttarakhandAnswer – A.Dehradun, Uttarkhand
The conference was inaugurated by Uttarakhand Governor Dr. K.K. Paul at Dehradun. The 5 day conference is conducted on a theme ‘Forests for Prosperity and Posterity’. The members from 49 Commonwealth countries will be present at the conference.
- The 136thMega-Conference of World Parliamentarians is being hosted by which Asian country from 1st – 5th April 2017?
D.BhutanAnswer – B.Bangladesh
The 136th Mega-Conference of World Parliamentarians has begun in Dhaka on April 1, 2017.The conference was inaugurated by Prime Minister of Bangladesh, Sheikh Hasina. This mega-conference has been organized by the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) and Bangladesh Jatiya Sangsad. The main focus of this conference was to provide ways and means to end political and economic inequality for upholding democracy and human rights.
- The Central government has decided to make tax evasion of over Rs. ____under the proposed Goods and Services Tax (GST) regime as a non-bailable offence.
A.Rs. 1 crore
B.Rs. 2.5 crore
C.Rs. 5 crore
D.Rs. 7.5 croreAnswer –C.Rs. 5 crore
This provision was mentioned in the Central GST (CGST) Bill as, “if the offences relating to taxable goods and/or services where the amount of tax evaded exceeds Rs 5 crore, it shall be treated as cognizable and non-bailable”.
- Who among the following has been chosen for the UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize 2017 dedicated to promoting press freedom?
D.Dawit IsaakAnswer – D.Dawit Isaak
Dawit Isaak, an imprisoned Eritrean-Swedish journalist has been chosen for the UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize 2017 dedicated to promoting press freedom. The award is to be presented on May 3, 2017.
- Who among the following has been re-appointed as MD and CEO for Bajaj Allianz General Insurance for five years?
D.Nandan IyerAnswer – A.Tapan Singhel
Tapan Singhel has been re-appointed as MD and CEO for Bajaj Allianz General Insurance for a period of five years from April 1, 2017 to April 1, 2022. Besides, Tarun Chugh has been appointed as MD and CEO of Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance.
- Who among the following diplomats has taken charge as the New Consul General of Dubai?
Diplomat Vipul, a 1998 batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer succeeded Anurag Bhushan and took charge as the new Consul General of Dubai on April 2, 2017. Before joining the Consulate at Dubai, he was working at the office of External Affairs Minister of India, Sushma Swaraj.
- Lenin Moreno will be sworn in as the President of which South American country?
D.PeruAnswer – C.Ecuador
Ruling Party of Ecuador, Alianza PAIS candidate Lenin Moreno won the Ecuador’s presidential election held on April 3, 2017. He defeated conservative former banker Guillermo Lasso who demands a recount after three exit polls.
- Indira Banerjee has been appointed as the Chief Justice of:
A.Delhi High Court
B.Allahabad High Court
C.Patna High Court
D.Madras High CourtAnswer –D.Madras High Court
Indira Banerjee, former judge of the Delhi High Court has been appointed as the Chief Justice of Madras High Court. The appointment was made by the President of India Shri. Pranab Mukherjee. She will be sworn in as Chief Justice on April 5, 2017 after taking oath of office from Tamil Nadu governor (in charge) Vidyasagar Rao.
- Who among the following has won 33rdedition of 2017 Miami Open tournament in Men’s Single Category?
D.Novak DjokovicAnswer –A. Roger Federer
The 33rd edition of 2017 Miami Open presented by Itaú was a professional men and women’s tennis tournament being played on outdoor hard courts which took place from March 20, 2017 to April 2, 2017.
- Who among the following has emerged as women’s singles champion of India Super Series tournament on April 2, 2017?
A.Carolina Marin, Spain
B.PV Sindhu, India
C.Li Xuerui, China
D.Nozomi Okuhara, JapanAnswer –B.PV Sindhu, India
PV Sindhu defeated the Olympic champion Carolina Marin from Spain in straight sets 21-19, 21-16. The game took place at Siri Fort Indoor Stadium, New Delhi. This was Sindhu’s 2nd Super-series title win.
- Scientists from India have discovered indications of a massive planet orbiting a low mass X-ray binary star system. This X-ray binary star system is named as:
D.MXB 4658-298Answer – C.MXB 1658-298
The Exo-planet was discovered by scientists from Raman Research Institute, Bangalore and University of Delhi. The results of the discovery have been published in Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society. The X-ray binary star system is named as MXB 1658-298. These scientists used a technique called X-ray observations which is a new way of detecting extra-solar planet (Exo-planet).
- Which department ha been formed by RBI to deal with the penalties imposed on banks for violation of norms. ?
D.Penalty DepartmentAnswer – B.Enforcement Department
Minister of State in the Ministry of Finance, Mr. Santosh Kumar Gangwar informed Lok Sabha that Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is planning to set up a separate in-house Enforcement Department which will be operational from 3rd April 2017.