Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 28 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 April
Click Here to Read Current Affairs April 28 2017
- On April 28, 2017, Union Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Minister, Uma Bharti launched Centre’s extensive water conservation programme for which drought prone areas?
1.Bundelkhand Region of Uttar Pradesh
2.Bundelkhand Region of Madhya Pradesh
3.Marathawada Region of Maharashtra
4.Kalahandi, Bolangir and Koraput in Odisha
5.All of the aboveAnswer – 5.All of the above
Centre’s programme aims to increase irrigation area and replenish/protect water resources in these areas. It was launched at Bandri in Sagar district of Madhya Pradesh in presence of Narottam Mishra – Irrigation Minister of Madhya Pradesh and Dharmpal Sing – Irrigation Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
- Which Central Asian country has recently opened its consulate in Chennai, Tamil Nadu?
5.KyrgyzstanAnswer – 1.Kazakhstan
India and Kazakhstan are having diplomatic relation since past 25 years. The consulate in Chennai will promote India – Kazakhstan cooperation in areas of IT, engineering, agricultural production, transport infrastructure and tourism. It will be headed by Mr. Suraj Shantakumar, the Chairman of diamond jewellery retailer Kirtilals.
- Total investments so far approved under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) has crossed Rs. _____________
1.Five lakh crore
2.Four lakh crore
3.Three lakh crore
4.Two lakh crore
5.One lakh croreAnswer – 5.One Lakh Crore
Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation has sanctioned 1,00,537 more houses for urban poor under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) with an investment of Rs.4,200 crore taking the total investment so far approved to Rs.1,00,466 cr. This is 307% more than the investment approved of Rs.32,713 cr during 2004-14 for affordable housing in urban areas.
- _________________ Government has announced free power supply to farmers for operating pump sets used for irrigation purpose
5.ChhattisgarhAnswer – 4.Puducherry
Introduction of free power supply for farmers was as per the assurance given by the Agriculture Minister during the budget session (2016-2017). It is introduced for the current fiscal (2017-2018).
- India’s first electric taxi project will be launched in __________ on May 24, 2017
5.VisakhapatnamAnswer – 1.Nagpur
Union Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari has said that India’s first electric taxi project will be launched in Nagpur on 24 May, 2017. Auto manufacturer Mahindra and Mahindra will be providing 200 taxis for the project.
- In a bid to counter the women who throw stones at security forces in Jammu and Kashmir, the Union government plans to raise an all-woman ‘IRB’ in the State. Abbreviation IRB stands for:
1.Internal Response Battalion
2.India Response Battalion
3.Internal Reserve Battalion
4.India Reserve Battalion
5.Internal Resource BattalionAnswer – 4.India Reserve Battalion
The decision comes after it was observed that girl students were throwing stones at security forces in Srinagar. The all-woman battalion will be among the five IRBs sanctioned by Centre for the State last year.
- Who among the following became the first Indian actor to deliver TED speech in Vancouver, Canada?
4.Shah Rukh Khan
5.Farhan AkhtarAnswer –4.Shah Rukh Khan
Shah Rukh Khan partnered with TED to host the Hindi version of the famous talk show. He spoke out on various issues beginning from his stardom to the changes in the world. Shah Rukh has also delivered some motivational and inspirational speeches earlier when he was conferred with honorary doctorate from the University Edinberg and Hyderabad Maulana Azad National Urdu University.
- Which Central American country became the first country in the world to ban metal mining?
5.NicaraguaAnswer – 4.El Salvador
The El Salvador legislature passed the ban with support from a broad union. The law entered into force after being signed by President Salvador Sanchez Ceren. The law bans “prospection, exploration, exploitation, extraction or processing of metallic minerals in El Salvador.”
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)has barred resident as well as non-resident Indians (NRIs) from making investments through participatory notes (P-Notes). P-Notes are also called:
1.Offshore Derivative Instruments
2.Hedge Fund Units
4.Derivative Open Interest
5.Overseas Margin MoneyAnswer – 1.Offshore Derivative Instruments
This restriction has been imposed through a new provision in the Foreign Portfolio Investment (FPI) regulations. The objective behind this decision is to prevent the misuse of P-Notes for routing domestic black money.
- ______________ has launched Digital Gold in collaboration with accredited refinery MMTC-PAMP, which allows users to buy, sell and even store gold.
5.PayUmoneyAnswer – 3.Paytm
Mobile payment and commerce platform Paytm has announced that it has collaborated with MMTC-PAMP to launch digital gold, which will enable its customers to buy gold online and store it in MMTC-PAMPs secure vaults free of charge. The customers can also request for their gold to be delivered at home in the form of minted coins or sell it back online instantly.
- Which State Govt. has entered into an agreement with Bharat Broadband Network Ltd (BBNL) for implementing the Centre’s rural internet connectivity programme, ‘BharatNet.’?
5.Andhra PradeshAnswer – 4.Tamil Nadu
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was ‘exchanged’ between Tamil Nadu state government and BBNL in the presence of Chief Minister K. Palaniswami. Late Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa had in September 2015 announced that her government would implement BharatNet in Tamil Nadu, connecting 12,524 village panchayats to provide various government services through the Internet.
- Which company has launched Artificial Intelligence platform ‘Nia’ for businesses?
2.Tata Consultancy Services
5.InfosysAnswer – 5.Infosys
Infosys ‘Nia’ is the next-generation Artificial Intelligence Platform. It will help clients to solve a wide variety of business problems. It can improve order-to-cash process by creating a real-time risk profile to customize the collection strategy.
- Which among the following has become the first Indian city to win Pierre L’Enfant Award?
5.Pune, MaharashtraAnswer – 2.Bhubaneswar, Odisha
Bhubaneswar, the capital city of Odisha has been selected for the 2017 Pierre L’Enfant International Planning Excellence Award by American Planning Association (APA). Bhubaneswar has become the first Indian city to win this award. Bhubaneswar has been selected for this award for ‘Bhubaneswar Smart City Plan’ which is based on a citizen engagement approach and envisages use of technology for improving the overall quality of life.
- ‘Y International (UK) Ltd’in Britain owned by India-origin entrepreneur ________ has won the prestigious Queen’s Enterprise Award 2017
5.Shahid A.lamAnswer – 1.Yusuffali MA
Kerala-born, UAE-based entrepreneur Yusaffali MA’s food processing plant ‘Y International (UK) Ltd’ in Britain has won the prestigious Queen’s Enterprise Award 2017 for its exceptional contribution to the UK’s trade, industry and economy. ‘Y International (UK) Ltd’ has been chosen for this award in ‘International Trade’ category.
- NASA’s Cassini spacecraft is associated with exploration of which planet?
5.UranusAnswer – 4.Saturn
NASA has confirmed that its Cassini spacecraft has dived through the gap between Saturn and its rings. The journey marks the first time an Earth-built object has navigated the space between the planet and its halo of dust and rocks, and comes as the probe (which has been circling Saturn for the last 13 years) enters its final orbit of the gas giant.
- A team of doctors from Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia was successfully able to bring eight premature lambs to full term in an artificial womb outside their mother’s body. Researchers have named this artificial womb as:
5.‘Biobag’Answer – 5.‘Biobag’
By using an “artificial womb” the extremely premature babies could be kept alive in future. After a successful study involving unborn lambs, scientists are planning to test it on humans. A plastic bag (referred to as ‘Biobag’) filled with artificial amniotic fluid – the nutrient-rich liquid that sustains a foetus in the womb, allowed foetal lambs to develop at an age equivalent to 23 weeks in humans.
- Scientists have discovered a new planet ‘OGLE-2016-BLG-1195Lb’ with the mass of Earth, orbiting its star at the same distance that Earth orbits Sun. This new planet has been referred to as:
5.’waterball’Answer – 4.’iceball’
The new planet is far too cold to be habitable for life. But the discovery adds to scientists’ understanding of the types of planetary systems that exist beyond our own.
- Jonathan Demme, who passed away on April 26, 2017, was a renowned:
2.American Basketball Player
4.American Film Director
5.American BiologistAnswer – 4.American Film Director
The Oscar-winning director of The Silence of the Lambs, Jonathan Demme passed away on April 26, 2017. He was 73. He won the Academy Award for Best Director for his film The Silence of the Lambs.
- Vinu Chakravarthy, who passed away on April 27, 2017, was a:
1.Tamil Novel Writer
3.Director of Tamil Films
4.Former Cabinet Minister of Tamil Nadu
5.Cricketer from Tamil NaduAnswer – 3.Actor-Director of Tamil Films
Vinu Chakravarthy, a renowned actor-director of Tamil Films, passed away on April 27, 2017. 71-year old Vinu was ill for past three years. Vinu debuted with Gopurangal Saivathillai in 1982. He is known for his villainous roles in the 80s and 90s, followed by character roles later.
- What was the 2017 Theme of ‘World Day for Safety and Health at Work’, observed on April 28, 2017?
1.Optimize the collection and use of Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) data.
2.Making Decent Work a Reality
3.Workplace Stress: a collective challenge
4.Safety and Health in the Use of Chemicals at Work
5.Promoting Safety and Health in a Green EconomyAnswer – 1.Optimize the collection and use of Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) data
World Day for Safety and Health at Work is annually observed on 28 April. It has been observed by the International Labour Organization (ILO) since 2003. The purpose is to create awareness and seek international attention on the magnitude of safety and health problems at work and also to highlight the benefit of creating a safety and health culture to reduce the number of work-related deaths and injuries.
- Which Bengali poet has been conferred 52nd Jnanpith Award?
5.Sudhir BoseAnswer – 4.Sankha Ghosh
The 52nd Jnanpith Award was conferred to celebrated Bengali poet and literary critic Sankha Ghosh by President Pranab Mukherjee in New Delhi on April 27, 2017. An eminent poet, Ghosh’s literary works are not only lyrical but also reflect the social milieu. His poetry comments on superficiality of the society and contemporary issues.
- United Arab Emirates (UAE’s) fist solar-powered gas station has opened in:
5.AjmanAnswer – 3.Dubai
The Dubai-owned Emirates National Oil Company said that the service station on the city’s main Sheikh Zayed Road thoroughfare is covered with solar panels that can generate up to 120 kilowatt hours. Although UAE is OPEC’s fourth biggest oil producer, it has made a push to turn itself into a hub for renewable energy.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification