AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs April 27 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On April 14, 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Van Dhan Scheme of Ministry of Tribal Affairs and TRIFED during the celebrations of Ambedkar Jayanti at Bijapur, Chattisgarh. Expand TRIFED?
1.Tribal Council for Marketing Development Federation of India
2.Tribal Council for Marketing and Distribution Federation of India
3.Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India
4.Tribal Consultive Marketing Development Federation of India
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India
This scheme is for socio economic development of tribals living in forests, for whom, collecting Minor Forest Produce (MFP) is a major source of livelihood. The scheme envisages making tribals competent to add value to the products they collect from the jungle. Value addition will fetch better prices and will thereby increase the income of tribals engaged in this activity.
- Where will the first “Van Dhan Vikas Kendra” be set up to provide skill upgradation and capacity building training to 300 individuals and will have a primary processing and value addition facility?
1.Bijapur District, Chhattisgarh
4.Madurai, Tamil Nadu
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Bijapur District, Chhattisgarh
This portal will help organisations involved in import-export of seeds to do away with the requirement to submit their applications in 20 copies. Besides, the portal will expedite fetching remarks from the different departments which will lead to timely disposal of the applications. Overall, the portal is geared towards making the entire trade related processing, easy and fast. While launching the portal, Mr. Singh stated that with a view to encourage export of seeds, all prohibitions imposed on the export of seeds of different varieties have been removed.
- On April 26, 2018, Union Ministry of Tourism launched a 360° Virtual Reality (VR) experience video in collaboration with which software firm on Incredible India?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Google India
Union Ministry of Tourism has launched this video in collaboration with Google India. This 360° Virtual Reality (VR) experience video on Incredible India takes through a journey across Hampi, Goa, Delhi and Amritsar. The video covers the site-specific as well as the people-aspect associated with these destinations. Tourism Ministry is planning to make more such VR videos available for low/free of cost viewing. Minister of State (IC) for Tourism, Shri K. J. Alphons is hopeful that this initiative will lead to an increase in tourist footfalls at the destinations covered in such VR videos.
- On 27th April 2018, Union Minister Manoj Sinha said that, the Telecom Commission has approved a comprehensive strategy to implement ____ in the North East region?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.BharatNet
Manoj Sinha said that, as per this Comprehensive strategy, all the uncovered gram panchayats in the North East region, mainly in Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Manipur and Tripura will be connected through broadband connectivity on satellite media by December 2018. The estimated cost for this is Rs 733 crore. 6994 towers will be set up to offer connectivity to 8621 villages and along the national highways at a cost of Rs 5336 crore. He revealed the vision document of “Ashtamangal” Phase II. Phase II of BharatNet and Ashtamangal will be finished by December 2018 or March 2019.
- Shirui Lily Festival 2018 is being held in Ukhrul district of which state from 24th to 28th April, 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Manipur
The festival commemorates the significance of Manipur’s state flower, the Shirui Lily. Lilium Mackliniae Sealy (locally known as Shirui Lily or Kashongwon) was discovered in 1946 by Frank Kingdom Ward, a botanist from United Kingdom. This flower is found only in Manipur’s Shirui Kashong Peak. Shirui Lily Festival 2018 is the second edition of this festival. It is sponsored by the Manipur State Department of Tourism to spread awareness about conservation of the endangered Shirui Lily and promote the district of Ukhrul as a tourist destination in Manipur. Traditional dances, indigenous games and sports competitions like the Shirui Lily Grand Prix and cultural performances by various cultural troupes from across the state will be the key attractions of this five-day festival.
- Name the state Government that has decided to introduce free Heli-ambulance services in order to help patients in the far flung and inaccessible areas of the State, on 26th April 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Himachal Pradesh
Decision in this regard was taken on April 26, 2018, during State Cabinet meeting presided over by Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur. The free Heli-ambulance services will be operated by Heli-mission Switzerland with the assistance of Lady Willingdon Hospital, Manali in District Kullu. Availability of Heli-ambulance will enable timely air lifting of the patients, particularly from remote and tribal regions of Himachal Pradesh.
- Name the former footballer who launched his political party named “Hamro Sikkim” at the Press Club of India, New Delhi, on 26th April 2018?
1.Amarjit Singh Kiyam
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Bhaichung Bhutia
Bhaichung Bhutia had joined Trinamool Congress in 2013, two years after retiring from professional football. He resigned from the Trinamool Congress in February 2018. He said that “Hamro Sikkim” will focus on corruption and unemployment in Sikkim. He had contested as Trinamool Congress candidate from Darjeeling in 2014 Lok Sabha elections and Siliguri assembly constituency in 2016, but did not win.
- Which state government announced the launch of ‘Startup Week 2018’ from 25th June to 29th June 2018, with an aim to promote entrepreneurial eco-system?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Maharashtra
Sambhaji Patil Nilangekar, Minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Maharashtra, said the startup week will offer new companies a platform to display their innovative products and services to the Maharashtra state government. Startups from education, skilling, healthcare, agriculture, clean energy, environment, water and waste water management, smart infrastructure, mobility, governance, financial inclusion and cyber security sectors are invited to submit their applications to the Maharashtra State Innovation Society from 25th April to 31st May 2018.
- Which state government has launched a 72-hour-long transit visa free regime for Indian citizens from 17th April 2018 to 31st December 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Kazakhstan
Kazakhstan’s Ambassador to India Bulat Sarsenbayev said that, only citizens of India are eligible for this facility who fly with Air Astana (Kazakhstan’s national carrier) or any other Kazakh airline and are transiting through international airports in Astana and/or Almaty to a third country or returning from a third country through Astana and/or Almaty. This 72-hour transit visa free regime is applicable for both individual passengers and tour groups. Discussions are being held with GMR Group that manages infrastructure-related operations at the Indira Gandhi International Airport to offer more space to Kazakh airlines.
- IISL, index services subsidiary of National Stock Exchange of India has introduced Nifty Equity Savings Index, which can serve as a benchmark for equity savings funds offered by various mutual fund houses. What does “S” represent in IISL?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Services
This index captures the performance of a portfolio having exposure to equity, equity arbitrage and debt instruments. Components and Weightage: Nifty 50 Total Return Index – 35%, Equity arbitrage (long position in Nifty 50 Total Return Index and equivalent short position in Nifty 50 Futures Index) – 30%, Nifty Short Duration Debt Index – 30%, Nifty 1D Rate Index – 5%.The base date of Nifty Equity Savings Index is April 1, 2005 and value is 1000. It will be calculated on end-of-day (EOD) basis.
- BIS has granted first licence for Liquid Chlorine on All India basis to M/s Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals Ltd. What does BIS stand for?
1.Bureau of Indian Standards
2.Board of Indian Standards
3.Bureau of Interanational Standards
4.Board of International Standards
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Bureau of Indian Standards
Liquid chlorine is primarily used in paper, pulp, textile bleaching, water sterilization and manufacture of chemicals. As the name indicates, this product is in liquid form, but is used as a gas obtained by evaporating the liquid from a metal container. License granted to Vadodara-based M/s Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals Ltd. will be operative with effect from April 12, 2018 for a period of one year. The move will facilitate industry to get a quality Liquid Chlorine with Standard Mark under BIS Certification Marks scheme.
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Research & Development (R&D) centre has signed a Letter of Intent (LoI) with ISKCON Food Relief Foundation (IFRF) in which state to bear the entire cost of Cooking gas and Delivery Vehicle’s CNG incurred under IFRF’s midday meal initiative?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Haryana
IFRF, Haryana currently serves midday meal to more than two thousand schools across Haryana. In collaboration with HUDA (Haryana Urban Development Authority) and MCF (Municipal Corporation of Faridabad), domestic waste from the households of Faridabad will be picked, segregated and converted into Biogas by a unique “Bio-Methanation Patented Plant” conceptualized by the IOCL’s R&D centre. IOC will be undertaking this noble task under its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) scheme.
- On 26th April 2018, National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) signed an agreement with which firm for road projects under the highway monetisation initiative?
1.Larsen and Toubro
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Macquarie
The agreement has been signed with Macquarie for the first set of highway projects worth USD 1.5 billion. This is one of the highest FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) in highways. Macquarie had won the first set of 9 highway projects under toll-operate-transfer (TOT) model last month. This will bring Rs 10,500 crore cash to NHAI’s account under the first tranche of monetisation initiative. NHAI’s expectations was Rs 6,258 crore and the winning bid was for Rs 9,681.5 crore. The total funds that will accumulate in government account will be Rs 10,500 crore.
- ____ has signed a MoU with the Tourism Ministry to take up Red Fort and Gandikota Fort (Andhra Pradesh) under the ‘Adopt a Heritage’ project?
1.Aditya Birla Group
2.Dalmia Bharat Limited
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Dalmia Bharat Limited
Dalmia Bharat Limited has become the first corporate to be part of the ‘Adopt a Heritage’ project. Dalmia Bharat will look after the operations and the maintenance of Red Fort and Gandikota Fort for the next five years. The MoU was signed in the presence of K J Alphons, Minster of State for Tourism (Independent Charge).
- Name the video reporter from Srinagar, who has received 2018’s ‘Martha Farrell Award for Excellence in Women’s Empowerment’, with a cash prize of Rs 1.50 lakh?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Nadia Shafi
This award is given in recognition of Nadiya Shafi’s contribution to gender equality and leading gender discussion clubs in Srinagar. The award has been instituted in the memory of Dr. Martha Farrell, an eminent activist for gender equality and women’s empowerment. She was killed in Kabul in a terrorist attack in 2015. The award is co-sponsored by Rizwan Adatia Foundation (RAF) and Participatory Research in Asia (PRIA) and supported by Martha Farrell Foundation (MFF). The ‘best organisation for gender equality’ award, was awarded to Maharashtra-based Resource and Support Centre for Development (RSCD) for promoting inclusion of women in political processes in 30 districts of Maharashtra.
- On 26th April 2018, ____ was awarded the National Intellectual Property (IP) Award 2018 in the category ‘Top R&D Institution/Organisation for Patents and Commercialisation’?
1.Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
2.Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
3.Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
4.Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL)
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
Union Commerce and Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu handed over the award to CSIR Director General Girish Sahni at an event in New Delhi. The event was organised by the Indian Intellectual Property Office and Confederation of Indian Chambers of Commerce (CII) to celebrate the World IP Day. CSIR has been ranked 9th in the world among 1,207 government institutions, with an overall global ranking of 75 in the world, covering 5,250 institutions. IAS officer couple Mayur Maheswari and Ritu Maheswari were awarded a special citation award for their patent invention to enable communication between various health stakeholders.
- On 26th April 2018, which company announced that it has won 11th edition of SAP ACE Awards 2018 in Sourcing Excellence category?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Moglix
SAP India has given this award to Moglix as a recognition to its extraordinary innovative procurement technology. SAP ACE awards recognises excellences in IT innovation in various business sectors, bringing a digital impact in India’s economy. This year, SAP ACE Awards 2018 received more than 300 project nominations in 16 award categories, with focus on large and midsize companies.
- On 27th April 2018, ____, Minister of State (Independent charge) Ministry of Labour & Employment presented the National Safety Council’s (NSCI) Safety Awards’ for 2017 at New Delhi?
3.Santosh Kumar Gangwar
4.Narendra Singh Tomar
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Santosh Kumar Gangwar
The function was presided by Satish Reddy, Chairman, National Safety Council & Chairman, Dr Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd. The NSCI Safety Awards are national level Awards in occupational safety, health and environment sector. They are given in recognition for effective Safety Management System and excellent safety & health performance by the organizations in Manufacturing, Construction and MSME Sectors.
- Name the international female shooter who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Haryana for its two health-related programmes viz. measles-rubella (MR) vaccination campaign and Rashtriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram (RBSK)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Gauri Sheoran
Under measles-rubella (MR) vaccination campaign, about 80 lakh children aged between nine months and 15 would be vaccinated. RBSK involves screening children enrolled in government and government-aided schools and anganwadi centres (AWCs) for detecting deficiencies, diseases, and development delays including disability. Post screening, children found with any of the above stated deficiencies are referred to the nearest health facility or the District Early Intervention Centre for further treatment. Accomplisments of Gauri Sheoran: won Gold medal in the 7th World University Shooting Championship held in Kuala Lumpur in March 2018, won a bronze medal at the World Championships in Suhl, Germany, clinched two gold and two silver medals in the National Championship at Thiruvananthapuram.
- Who has been sworn in as the 70th US secretary of state?
1.Julius Mada Bio
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Mike Pompeo
Mike Pompeo was elected as the US secretary of state by the Senate with votes 57-42. He is a former Army officer. As soon as he was sworn in as US secretary of state, the State Department said that, he will visit Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Israel on the weekend after attending a NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) meeting in Brussels on 27th April 2018.
- Name the person who took charge as Senior Col Commandant of the Army Medical Corps, on 26th April 2018?
1.Lt Gen Bipin Puri
2.Lt Gen Amarinder Singh
3.Lt Gen Baichan Punia
4.Lt Gen Harpal Singh
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Lt Gen Bipin Puri
Lt Gen Bipin Puri assumed the appointment of Director General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS) on 1st November 2017. Lt Gen Bipin Puri is a paediatric surgeon. He was awarded the GOC-in-C Commendation in 2010 and the COAS Commendation in 2001 and 2012. He was awarded the Vishisht Seva Medal in 2017. He was Honorary Surgeon to The President of India (PHS) from June 2016.
- Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) has developed ____, a next-generation bulletproof jacket for the Indian armed forces, which is cheaper and much lighter as compared to the ones which are used currently?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Bhabha Kavach
Named after nuclear physicist Dr. Homi J. Bhabha, the jacket has been developed at BARC’s Trombay centre, Maharashtra. Bhabha Kavach is made using extremely hard boron carbide ceramics (used for first time in India for making jackets), hot-pressed with carbon nano-tubes and composite polymer. It weighs just 6.6 kg in comparison to the 17-kg jackets in use. Each Bhabha Kavach costs Rs. 70000, which is almost half the price of jackets of similar strength available in the range of Rs. 1.5 lakh, and that too have to be imported. BARC has made these jackets on request from the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Name the large-sized brown frog, measuring 41 to 46mm that has been discovered in Goa?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Fejervarya goemchi
‘Fejervarya goemchi’, a large-sized brown frog, measuring 41 to 46mm, has been discovered in Goa. Fejervarya goemchi has been named after the state Goa, where it was discovered. It has been discovered by scientists of Zoological Survey of India (ZSI), Pune. It was discovered in Surla, Goa.
- On 26th April 2018, Ashwini Kumar Choubey, Minister of State for ¬¬¬¬-____ released a Handbook on Prevention of Accidents and Awareness of First Aid on the occasion of ‘Road Safety Week’ at an event in New Delhi?
1.Commerce and Industry
2.Health and Family Welfare
3.Human Resource Deveopment
4.Women and Child Development
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Health and Family Welfare
Ashwini Kumar Choubey stressed on the importance of giving medical trauma care to the injured during the first hour of the accident, known as the golden hour. He administered an oath to the officers and staff on road safety. A skit was played highlighting the importance of first aid training and administering of first aid.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Which state houses the Lakhota Lake?Gujarat
- Who is the Chairman of National Safety Council headquartered in Mumbai?Satish Reddy
- Where is Sultanpur National Park located?Haryana
- Name the Director General and headquarters of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)?Director General – Girish Sahni; Headquarters – New Delhi
- Who is the Chairman and MD of Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) headquartered in New Delhi?Shri Anupam Shrivastava