Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 25 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 April
- On April 25, 2017, Minister of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation Mr. M.Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the 47th Foundation Day of Housing and Urban Development Corporation Ltd. (HUDCO). Headquarters of HUDCO is located in:
Answer – 2.New Delhi
In the last 47 years, HUDCO had constructed 16 million residential units across the country and over 92 per cent of these dwelling units have benefited the economically weaker sections and low income groups. HUDCO has also assisted in the construction of about 67 lakh, viable & low cost sanitation units.
- Mumbai Port Trusthas announced plans to construct India’s first sea ropeway to connect Mumbai mainland with
Answer – 1.Elephanta Island
The 8-km long ropeway connecting Elephanta Island with Mumbai will begin from Sewri (Eastern Edge of South Mumbai). As of now, Elephanta Island is accessible only by ferries which take around 60 minutes to cover the distance of 10 km starting from Gateway of India. One-way ride through ropeway will take about 40 minutes.
- Which photo exhibition was inaugurated by Union Minister for Social Justice & Empowerment, Mr. Thaawarchand Gehlot on April 24, 2017 in New Delhi?
2.’The Rough Road’
3.’The Paths We Walk’
5.’Road Less Travelled’
Answer – 3.’The Paths We Walk’
This exhibition was organised by The National Trust under Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment in collaboration with Society for Child Development, New Delhi.
It is intended to tackle negative myths of disability and employment of persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Intellectual Disability and Multiple Disabilities.
- Central Govt. has submitted an expert panel report in the Supreme Court which suggests tagging of _______ with Aadhar-like unique identification (UID)number in order to ensure better protection.
Answer – 4.Cows
The proposed UID number for cattle will record important information such as age, breed, sex, lactation, height, body, colour, horn type, tail switch and special marks details of the animal. The report was submitted before a bench comprising Chief Justice of India JS Khehar and Justice DY Chandrachud. It was prepared by a committee headed by the joint secretary of the home ministry.
- Government will set up a Central university for Divyangs inwhich state?
Answer –1.Uttar Pradesh
Union Human Resource Development minister Mr. Prakash Javadekar said that the Govt. will try to establish one central university that will not only cater quality higher education but will also facilitate divyang students to get jobs so that they may contribute to the mainstream society.
- Which State Govt. has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Railways, to plant trees on land near railway tracks?
Answer – 2.Maharashtra
In a bid to expand the green cover, the Maharashtra government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Railways, under which trees will be planted on the land adjacent to the railway tracks in the state.
- A freight train connecting______with China arrived in Jiangxi province on April 23, 2017
Answer – 4.Russia
A freight train connecting Russia with China arrived in an inland city bringing goods from Moscow to the former revolutionary heartland of the Communist Party. The train was expected to bring resources from Europe and boost local development.
- ‘Varuna’, which began on April 24, 2017, is a bilateral naval exercise between India and:
Answer – 4.France
India and France began their week-long bilateral naval exercise Varuna in France’s Toulon port. The Indian contingent comprises Indian Naval Ships Mumbai, Trishul and Aditya, part of Indian Navy’s Overseas Deployment to the Mediterranean Sea and the west coast of Africa, and part of an anti-piracy operation in the Gulf of Aden.
- Which among the following has been named“World Book Capital”for 2018 by UNESCO?
Answer – 1.Athens, Greece
Athens, Greece, has been named “World Book Capital” for 2018 on the recommendation of the programme’s Advisory Committee, Irina Bokova, the Director-General of UNESCO. The city of Athens was chosen for the quality of its activities, supported by the entire book industry.
- Iran has signed first agreement on reconstruction of ‘Arak Reactor’ with which country?
Answer – 3.China
The deal was concluded between the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) and a Chinese company. In 2016, the AEOI deputy atomic chief Ali Asghar Zarean said China would help to modify the design of Iran’s IR-40 heavy-water reactor, which is under construction at the Arak nuclear facility.
- 24th Arabian Travel Market has begun on April 24, 2017 in:
1.Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Answer – 3.Dubai, UAE
Running until Thursday, April 27th, Arab Travel Market 2017 will look into the latest industry trend of experiential travel as its main theme and feature four days of business networking opportunities, insightful seminars and ministerial meetings, at Dubai World Trade Centre.
- Which among the following has become the first re-insurer company to open an office at India’s first International Financial Services Centre (IFSC) at Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City)?
1.Reinsurance Group of America (RGA)
Answer – 4.GIC Re
Wholly-owned by the Government of India, GIC Re, which supported the growth of general insurance business in the country through its four wholly-owned subsidiaries for about 30 years, was designated as the national reinsurer in 2001. It provides reinsurance support to life and non-life insurers in India and abroad.
- Which Indian entity has signed MoU with a French waste management company and a Geneva-based innovation foundation to strengthen India’s waste management capabilities?
2.The Energy and Resources Institute
3.IIT – Kharagpur
4.IIM – Ahmedabad
Answer – 2.The Energy and Resources Institute
Coinciding with the Earth Day, the Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), the Innovative Finance Foundation (IFF) and 3WAYSTE Company signed a MoU to collaborate on the rollout of a breakthrough technology for municipal solid waste management in India.
- Who will be conferred the Dadasaheb Phalke Award on May 3, 2017?
2.S S Rajamouli
3.Sanjay Leela Bhansali
5.A R Murugadoss
Answer – 1.Kasinathuni Viswanath
Renowned film director and actor Kasinathuni Viswanath will be conferred the Dadasaheb Phalke Award – India’s highest award in cinema. The Dadasaheb Phalke Award committee had recommended Kasinathuni Viswanath’s name, which was approved by M. Venkaiah Naidu – Union Information and Broadcasting Minister.
- Northeast India’s largest Information Technology (IT) hub has been inaugurated in which city?
5.Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
Answer – 3.Agartala, Tripura
Northeast India’s largest Information Technology (IT) hub has been inaugurated in Tripura’s capital city Agartala on April 24, 2017. It is the sixth IT hub in the Northeast region. This IT hub has been set up at a cost of Rs. 50 crore and with the help of technical knowledge shared by STPI, under the union Ministry of Electronic and Information Technology.
- Which fighter aircraft was inducted by Indian Air Force into 221 Squadron, ‘Valiants’, on April 24, 2017?
2.MiG – 29
3.MiG – 21
Answer – 4.Su-30MKI
The Indian Air Force has inducted its frontline Su-30 MKI fighter aircraft into the 221 Squadron, ‘Valiants’, at its base in Punjab, enhancing the IAF’s capabilities. Su-30 MKI is a state-of-the-art all-weather multi-role fighter jet capable of undertaking varied air combat and ground attack missions.
- On April 25, 2017, NASA successfully launched its heavy-lift super pressure balloon (SPB) from:
Answer – 3.New Zealand
NASA successfully launched its football-stadium-sized, heavy-lift super pressure balloon (SPB) from Wanaka, New Zealand on Tuesday, April 25, 2017. The objective is to detect ultra-high energy cosmic rays from beyond our galaxy as they penetrate the Earth’s atmosphere. As these high-energy particles enter the atmosphere, they interact with nitrogen molecules in the air and create a UV fluorescence light.
- 101-year-old athlete ________has won Gold Medal for 100 metres sprintat the World Masters Games in Auckland on April 24, 2017
Answer – 2.Man Kaur
Man Kaur took up athletics eight years ago, at the age of 93. She had no prior sporting experience. Her son Gurdev Singh suggested that she should join him in competing on the international masters games circuit. After a medical check-up, she was declared fit for athletics.
- Who has been offered honourary life membership of ‘Marylebone Cricket Club’ (MCC) in recognition of distinguished service to the game of Cricket?
Answer – 2.Sandhya AgarwalExplanation :
Sandhya Agarwal, former captain of the Indian women’s Test Cricket team has been offered honourary life membership of ‘Marylebone Cricket Club’ (MCC) in recognition of her distinguished service to the game. She has played 13 Tests and 21 ODIs from 1984 to 1995. After her retirement, she has been associated with cricket as a selector and a coach, besides being a member of the BCCI’s women’s committee.
- Which Indian shot putter has clinched gold in the Asian Grand Prix Athletics Meet, held in Jinhua, China?
Answer – 4.Manpreet Kaur
Indian shot putter Manpreet Kaur has clinched a gold in the first leg of the Asian Grand Prix Athletics Meet. Manpreet’s gold medal winning performance of 18.86m turned out to be a world leading throw. She pushed Olympic champion Michelle Carter of USA to second spot, whose best throw this season was 18.54m recorded on April 15, in Austin.
- What was the 2017 theme of ’World Malaria Day’, observed on April 25, 2017?
1.“End Malaria for Good”
2.”Sustain Gains, Save Lives: Invest in Malaria”
3.”Malaria prevention works: Let’s close the gap”
4.“Malaria: a disease without borders”
5.“Counting Malaria Out”
Answer – 1.“End Malaria for Good”
World Malaria Day (WMD) is an international observance commemorated every year on 25 April and recognizes global efforts to control malaria. Globally, 3.3 billion people in 106 countries are at risk of malaria. World Malaria Day is one of eight official global public health campaigns currently marked by the World Health Organization (WHO)