Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 22 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 April
- Union Ministry of Rural Development has achieved a milestone by successfully geo-tagging how many assets created under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA)?
1.25 lakh assets
2.50 lakh assets
3.75 lakh assets
4.1 crore assets
5.2 crore assets
Answer – 4.1 crore assets
Each year, a huge number of rural assets are created under MGNREGA. Since it started in 2006-07, more than 2.8 crore assets have been reportedly created. Ministry of Rural development has tied up with National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC), ISRO and National Informatics Centre to geo tag MGNREGA assets. An MoU was signed on June 24, 2016 for geo tagging of assets under each village panchayats.
- Who among the following foreign dignitary was on an official visit to India from 17th to 21st April, 2017?
1.Bidya Devi Bhandari, President of Nepal
2.Sheikh Hasina, Prime Minister of Bangladesh
3.Theresa May, Prime Minister of UK
4.Vladimir Putin, President of Russia
5.Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada
Answer – 1.Bidya Devi Bhandari, President of Nepal
Bidya Devi Bhandari, the first female President of Nepal, was on an official visit to India from 17th to 21st April, 2017. During Ms. Bhandari’s visit, both sides assessed the implementation of ongoing cross-border connectivity projects including development of Terai roads, cross-border railway lines, integrated border check posts, and cross-border pipeline for carrying petroleum products which is first of its kind in South Asia.
- In which state First India Indonesia Energy Forum was held on April 20, 2017
1.New Delhi, India
Answer – 4.Jakarta, Indonesia
Mr. Piyush Goyal – Union Minister of State (IC) for Power, Coal, New & Renewable Energy and Mines and Mr. Ignasius Jonan – Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources of Indonesia took part in this forum.
- Gwadar Port is situated in which Asian country?
Answer – 3.Pakistan
A state-run Chinese company will handle the operations of Pakistan’s strategic Gwadar port for a period of 40 years. Gwadar forms the southern Pakistan hub of the USD 57 billion China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) infrastructure and energy project that China announced in 2014.
- On April 21, 2017, European Union High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, Federica Mogherini has agreed to strengthen cooperation with India in which area?
2.civil nuclear energy programme
3.research and development in pharmaceutical sector
4.peaceful use of outer space
Answer – 1.counter-terrorism
In a meeting, India and EU discussed regional and global developments of mutual interest and agreed on the need to strengthen the security cooperation, particularly on the issue of counter-terrorism.
- Which among the following has regained its status as India’s most valued firm in terms of market capitalization?
2.State Bank of India
Answer – 1.Reliance Industries
On April 21, 2017, Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries regained its status as India’s most valued firm in terms of market capitalisation by overtaking Tata Group’s crown jewel TCS. Shares of RIL were trading 3.43 per cent higher at Rs 1,416.40 on BSE , giving the company a market capitalisation (m-cap) of Rs 4,60,291.20 crore — the highest for any listed firm in the country.
- ASEAN-India Business Forum (AIBF) was held on April 21, 2017 in_______
Answer – 3.Singapore
International Enterprise (IE) Singapore, a statutory board under Singapore Govt.’s Ministry of Trade and Industry organised the ASEAN-India Business Forum (AIBF) on April 21, 2017. The AIBF will bring together Government and Business Leaders from ASEAN and India to discuss the outlook and opportunities of these markets.
- Which entity has signed agreements with three Singapore universities to provide training opportunities to students?
3.Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
4.Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)
5.National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM)
Answer – 3.Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
The memorandum of understandings (MoU)s will allow the universities and International Enterprise (IE) Singapore, to tap into CII’s network of over 8,000 members to create overseas attachment opportunities for enrolled students.
- The government has raised over Rs 1,200 crore through the sale of 9.2 per cent stake in which public sector enterprise?
1.National Aluminium Company Limited (NALCO)
2.Bharat Dynamics (BDL)
3.Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers (GRSE)
4.Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders (MDSL)
5.North Eastern Electric Power Corporation (NEEPCO)
Answer – 1.National Aluminium Company Limited (NALCO)
This was the first PSU disinvestment of the current fiscal. Government also exercised the option to retain excess subscription, called greenshoe option. In 2016-17, the government had raised over Rs 46,247 crore from disinvestment.
- _____________, the first woman doctor from Indore has received the Padma Shri Award at her home
1.Dr. Vibha Sharma
2.Dr Bhakti Yadav
3.Dr. Sheela Jain
4.Dr. Nisha Bhatnagar
5.Dr. Parul Pateriya
Answer – 2.Dr Bhakti Yadav
91 year old gynaecologist Dr Bhakti Yadav, the first woman doctor from Indore has received the Padma Shri Award at her home. The award was handed over to her by district collector P Narahari in presence of Madhya Pradesh Cabinet Minister Jayant Malaiyya and Mayor Malini Gaud. Dr. Yadav could not attend the award ceremony in New Delhi on April 13, 2017 due to health issues.
- Who among the following has bagged Outstanding Achievement Award at second Golf Industry Association (GIA) Awards?
Answer – 3.Aditi Ashok
Aditi, who finished second in the Ladies European Tour (LET) order of merit last year with the help of two victories, expectedly bagged Outstanding Achievement as a Player award. SSP Chawrasia, who successfully defended his Indian Open title earlier this year and had two victories on tour last year, bagged the Award for the Men’s Player of the Year. Ali Sher has been awarded for an Outstanding Playing Career.
- Which among the following has been presented with 2017 Travelers’ Choice Awardsby American travel website company TripAdvisor?
Answer – 3.Indonesia
The 2017 TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards were determined using an algorithm that took into account the quantity and quality of reviews and ratings for hotels, restaurants and attractions in destinations worldwide, gathered over a 12-month period, as well as traveler booking interest on TripAdvisor.
- Which veteran actress has received the lifetime achievement award at the 80th Bengal Film Journalists’ Association (BFJA) awards?
5.Moon Moon Sen
Answer – 3.Moushumi Chatterjee
Veteran actress Moushumi Chatterjee has received the lifetime achievement award, while actor Ashish Vidyarthi was honoured for his contribution to Indian Cinema at the 80th Bengal Film Journalists’ Association (BFJA) awards.
- Which All India Radio (AIR) station has been honoured with the prestigious ‘Lelte Award’?
Answer – 2.AIR Aizawl
All India Radio (AIR) Aizawl has been honoured with the prestigious “Lelte Award”. Lelte is a popular Weekly Magazine in Mizoram which hit the stand since 1983. “Lelte Awards” were instituted to recognize talents and skills of the young and budding Mizo artists.
- Which State Govt. has launched a mobile-based application ‘Kilkari’ to create awareness among pregnant women?
Answer – 3.Haryana
The National Health Mission (NHM) in Haryana has launched a mobile-based application, ‘Kilkari’ to create awareness among pregnant women, parents and health workers on the importance of ante and post natal care, institutional delivery and immunisation.
- The Indian Navy conducted its first test-firing of the sea-to-land attack version of its advanced supersonic cruise missile Brahmos. This missile has been developed through collaboration with which country?
Answer – 4.Russia
Land-attack version of Brahmos supersonic cruise missile has a strike range of at least 290 km and can hit targets with pin-point accuracy while cruising at supersonic speeds. The Navy conducted the test off the shore of Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Which among the following sport has been removed from the 2018 Asian Games to be held in Jakarta and Palembang in Indonesia?
Answer – 3.Cricket
Cricket, Skateboarding, Sambo and Surfing are among the sports which have been removed from the 2018 Asian Games to be held in Jakarta and Palembang in Indonesia. The decision has been taken to reduce the organisational burden on Indonesian authorities.
- Germaine Mason, who died in motorcycle crash on April 20, 2017, was associated with which sport event?
Answer – 4.High Jump
Germaine Mason, the British athlete who won a high jump silver medal at the 2008 Olympics, has died in a motorcycle accident in Jamaica. Born in Kingston, Mason emigrated to the UK and was eligible to represent Great Britain because his father was born in London.
- ’Earth Day’ is celebrated on which date every year?
Answer – 4.22nd April
Earth Day was first celebrated in 1970. It is celebrated to build support for environmental protection around the world. The theme for 2017 Earth Day is “Environmental & Climate Literacy”.