Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 21 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 April
- Which country will host 2017 BRICS Film Festival from 23-27 June 2017?
The 2017 BRICS Film Festival will be held in Chengdu, southwest China’s Sichuan Province from June 23 to 27. Thirty films from BRICS countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) will be screened during the festival.
- Which scheme has been launched by Union Law Ministry to reduce pendency of cases in lower courts, with a special focus on cases pending for more than 10 year?
Answer –3.Nyaya Mitra
On April 20, 2017, Union Law Minister, Ravi Shankar Prasad launched 3 three initiatives for providing legal aid to marginalised and vulnerable communities. These initiatives are Pro bono legal services, Tele Law and Nyaya Mitra.
- ‘Inter-Ministerial Consultation on Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) Containment’was held on April 19, 2017 in which city?
Answer –3.New Delhi
At this meeting, Union Health Minister J P Nadda announced the finalization of India’s comprehensive and multi-sectoral National Action Plan to combat Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR). ‘Delhi Declaration’ for collectively strategizing to contain AMR was signed by all the ministers present at the meeting.
- Which State Govt. has decided to set up ‘book banks’ in different schools so that needy students do not have to buy books at the start of every academic year and also to prevent “wastage of paper”?
Answer – 4.Punjab
Book bank is purely a voluntary initiative and is not binding on any student. The students would be asked to submit their old books which would be provided to needy children free of charge.
- Supreme Court has stated that ______% of ex-husband’s net salary might constitute a ‘just and proper’ amount as alimony
Setting a benchmark for maintenance paid to women by former husbands after divorce, Supreme Court has said that a woman can claim 25% of the former husband’s net salary as alimony.
- National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) conducted a first-of-its-kind State-level mock exercise on forest fire in which state?
The mock exercise, aimed at assessing the efficacy of integrating the preparedness and response mechanisms of the forest department with those of the district administration, has been conducted in collaboration with the Uttarakhand State Government.
- Two Indians who have been featured in Time’s 100 Most Influential People Of 2017 are:
1.Prime Minister Narendra Modi and CMD of Reliance Industries, Mukesh Ambani
2.Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister, Yogi Adityanath
3.Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Paytm Founder Vijay Sharma
4.CMD of Reliance Industries, Mukesh Ambani and Bollywood Actress Priyanka Chopra
5.Cricketer Virat Kohli and Bollywood Actress Priyanka Chopra
Answer –3.Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Paytm Founder Vijay Sharma
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Paytm founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma were the only two Indians to make it to an annual list of ‘100 most influential people in the world’. The list features pioneers, artists, titans, leaders and icons from around the world.
- On April 20, 2017, which country announced broad changes to its Citizenship laws for new applicants?
Announcing sweeping changes to Australia’s citizenship laws, Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has unveiled tighter requirements for new applicants, a move that follows the scrapping of the 457 visa program for foreign workers.
- On April 20, 2017, Reserve Bank of India (RBI), announced signing of an MoU on “Supervisory Cooperation and Exchange of Supervisory Information” with central bank of which South American country?
The MoU was signed by Dr Gobind N. Ganga, Governor on behalf of Bank of Guyana and Dr Urjit R. Patel, Governor on behalf of Reserve Bank of India. Earlier, RBI had signed 40 such MoUs, one Letter for Supervisory Co-operation and one Statement of Co-operation.
- Which among the following Non-Banking Finance Company(NBFC)has converted itself to Small Finance Bank?
Answer –2.Au Financiers
Au Financiers has converted itself to Small Finance Bank from a Non-Banking Finance Company (NBFC) and has changed its name to Au Small Finance Bank. Au started as a NBFC and was engaged in business of commercial and personal vehicle loans, Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) loans and SME loans serving primarily low and middle income, under-served and unreached customer segment.
- Which payments bank entity will help NABARD to digitise rural banks across 5 states?
1.Airtel Payments Bank
2.India Post Payments Bank
4.Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank
5.Paytm Payments Bank
Answer –3.Fino Paytech
Payments Technology Company and soon-to-be-launched payments bank Fino Paytech will facilitate NABARD to help the rural bank digitization drive in the states of Haryana, MP, Bihar, Gujarat and Maharashtra. Fino will provide over 5000 Aadhaar enabled micro ATMs and financial inclusion gateway services to district central cooperative (DCC) banks and Primary Agricultural Credit Societies (PACS) across these states.
- India has signed an Inter-governmental Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for Defence Industry Co-operation in Shipbuilding with which country?
4.Republic of Korea (RoK)
Answer – 4.Repulic of Korea (RoK)
The MoU will help the Make in India initiative of the Government of India. The MoU was signed by Secretary (Defence Production), Shri Ashok Kumar Gupta from the Indian side and Minister of Defence Acquisition and Programme Administration (DAPA), Mr. Chang Myoung-Jin from the RoK side.
- Who among the following will receive 75th Master Dinanath Mangeshkar Award on April 24, 2017?
1.Actor Aamir Khan and Former Cricketer Kapil Dev
2.Actor Shah Rukh Khan and Former Cricketer Sunil Gavaskar
3.Actor Salman Khan and Former Cricketer Rahul Dravid
4.Actor Ranbir Kapoor and Former Cricketer Sourav Ganguly
5.Actor Ranveer Singh and Former Cricketer Virender Sehwag
Answer –1.Actor Aamir Khan and Former Cricketer Kapil Dev
Actor Aamir Khan and cricket icon Kapil Dev will receive the 75th Master Dinanath Mangeshkar Awards, at a ceremony on April 24, 2017. Khan will be honoured with the Vishesh Puraskar for Best Film ‘Dangal’, while Kapil Dev will be honoured for his outstanding contribution to Indian Cricket.
- National Safety Council’s ‘NSCI Safety Awards’ for the year 2016 were presented to 70 organisations. These awards are given to organisations in which sectors?
1.Manufacturing, Construction and Information Technology
2.Manufacturing, Construction and MSME Sector
3.Manufacturing, Information Technology and MSME Sector
4.Manufacturing, Information Technology and Financial Services Sector
5.Manufacturing, Construction and Mining Sector
Answer – 2.Manufacturing, Construction and MSME Sector
National Safety Council’s ‘NSCI Safety Awards’ for the year 2016 were presented by Mr. Bandaru Dattatreya – Minister of State (Independent Charge), Labour & Employment on April 20, 2017 in New Delhi. 434 organisations (307 factories from manufacturing sector, 87 establishments from construction sector and 40 MSME units) were in the race for NSCI Safety Awards 2016.
- Which company has won the prestigious Golden Peacock Award in the category of Innovative Product/Service for pioneering a cashless township transformation model?
2.Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers & Chemicals Ltd (GNFC)
3.Larsen & Toubro
4.Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
5.Indian Oil Corporation
Answer –2.Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers & Chemicals Ltd (GNFC)
The innovation was conceived and implemented following the call from Prime Minister Narendra Modi to transition to a cashless society. The cashless township innovation enables corporations with integrated townships to succeed by adapting swiftly to the digital era.
- Who has been appointed as the new Financial Commissioner (FC) of Indian Railways?
Answer –4.B.N. Mohapatra
B.N. Mohapatra has been appointed as the new Financial Commissioner (FC) of Indian Railways. He took charge on April 17, 2017. Prior to this posting, B.N.Mohapatra was posted as Additional Member (Finance) November 1, 2016.
- Which company has launched its content-streaming Fire TV Stick in India?
Answer – 4.Amazon
Amazon.com Inc. has launched its content-streaming Fire TV Stick, a media player that plugs into an HDTV and lets customers access its Prime Video and Netflix content among other services on television. The Fire TV stick comes pre-loaded with apps including Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Voot, Netflix and Eros Now, among others.
- On April 20, 2017, which country successfully launched its first unmanned cargo spacecraft on a mission to dock with the country’s space station?
The Tianzhou 1 blasted off atop a latest-generation Long March 7 rocket from China’s newest spacecraft launch site, Wenchang, on the island province of Hainan. It is programmed to conduct scientific experiments after reaching the now-crewless Tiangong 2, China’s second space station.
- Which airlines has become the first to sign up to a new service that will track its airplanes anywhere in the world using orbiting satellites?
Answer – 3.Malaysia Airlines
Malaysia Airlines, which lost a wide-body jet with 239 people aboard three years ago, has become the first airline to sign an agreement for space-based flight tracking of its aircrafts. Malaysia Airlines reached a deal with Aireon LLC, SITAONAIR and FlightAware LLC to enable it to monitor the flight paths of its aircraft anywhere in the world including over the Polar Regions and the most remote oceans.
- Nora Chopra, who passed away on April 21, 2017, was a veteran:
Veteran journalist Nora Chopra passed away after a prolonged illness. She was 64, and is survived by two sons. Ms Chopra had started her career with the Pioneer in Allahabad, and later she worked for Northern India Patrika, the Asian Age and Tehelka.
- ’Civil Services Day’ is organised in India on which date every year?
Answer – 3.21st April
On this day, Civil Servants re-dedicate themselves to public service and betterment of society at large. On this date in 1947, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel addressed the first batch of probationers at the All India Administrative Service Training School at Metcalfe House in New Delhi.
- Which book was released by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at 11th Civil Services Day function in New Delhi?
4.’Journey To Excellence’
5.’Excellence in Public Administration’
Answer – 1.’New Beginning’
On April 20, 2017, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the two-day 11th Civil Services Day function in New Delhi. This function was organised by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) under Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions. PM Modi released two books at the function – “New Beginning” on Innovations and “Fostering Excellence” for initiatives under identified Priority Programmes.
- Palladium Cinema site in ________ will be converted into heritage museum
2.Kolkata, West Bengal
3.Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir
4.Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
Answer – 3.Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir
Palladium Cinema site near historic Lal Chowk will be converted into heritage museum in Srinagar. The cinema, presently occupied by security forces, is closed since early 90s after eruption of militancy in the Valley. Militants carried out two fidayeen attacks on security forces camping in the damaged cinema building, which was also gutted during the militancy.
- UN Chinese Language Day’ is observed on which date every year?
Answer – 5.20th April
The UN Chinese Language Day has been observed annually on April 20 since 2010 to celebrate the language’s overall contribution to the world and encourage more people to take it up. This year’s celebration includes a calligraphy exhibition by Pang Zhonghua, a well-known pioneer of hard nib calligraphy in China, martial art performances and a showcase of cultural customs of the Qiang ethnic group mainly living in China’s south-western province of Sichuan.