Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 20 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 April
- “India Steel 2017”, the 3rd edition of International Conference and Exhibition on Steel Industry was held from 19th-21st April, 2017 in which city?
Answer – 2.Mumbai
This exhibition-cum-conference was organised by Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) along with Union Ministry of Steel. It was inaugurated by Union Steel Minister Chaudhary Birender Singh.
- Which State Govt. has decided to provide accidental insurance cover to all residents of the state in the age group of 18 to 70 years?
Answer – 1.Haryana
This decision was taken at the Cabinet meeting held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar. The insurance would be provided under the ‘Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana’ (PMSBY) scheme for which the premium would be reimbursed by the state government.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate ‘Textiles India’ – a mega event showcasing the country as a global sourcing hub – in which city on June 30, 2017?
Answer – 4.Gandhinagar, Gujarat
The three-day conference will be attended by several Union Ministers including Finance Minister Arun Jaitley and Textiles Minister Smriti Irani and will provide a platform to connect and collaborate with global manufacturers, investors and buyers in the textiles sector.
- Indian Govt. has extended the ceasefire with which faction of National Socialist Council of Nagaland (NSCN) for one year till April 27, 2018?
Answer – 5.NSCN-Reformation
This decision was taken during a meeting between Ceasefire Supervisory Board of the NSCN-R and Union Home Ministry officials held in New Delhi. The Union Home Ministry team was headed by Satyendra Garg – Joint Secretary (North East), while the NSCN-R was led by Imlongnuski Chang – Supervisor of the Ceasefire Supervisory Board.
- China has unilaterally renamed six places in which Indian State by describing it as legitimate action in line with Chinese law which supports Beijing’s territorial claim?
2.Jammu & Kashmir
Answer – 1.Arunachal Pradesh
China’s move of renaming of places in Arunachal Pradesh came days after Beijing lodged strong protests with India over Dalai Lama’s Arunachal visit. India has slammed China for ‘renaming’ six places in Arunachal Pradesh, saying it changes nothing on the ground.
- Which Asian country will host this year’s ‘UN Day of Vesak’ celebrations on May 12, 2017?
Answer – 2.Sri Lanka
This year, the UN Day of Vesak celebration would be held in Sri Lanka for the first time after 13 years since the first UN Day of Vesak was held in Thailand in 2004. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 14th United Nations Day of Vesak celebration in Sri Lanka on May 12, 2017 under the theme ‘Buddha’s Teachings, Social Justice and Sustainable World Peace’.
- A set of four rare stamps, featuring the portrait of Mahatma Gandhi has been auctioned in UK at highest price ever paid for Indian stamps. These stamps have been sold at what price?
1.One lakh pounds
2.Three lakh pounds
3.Five lakh pounds
4.Seven lakh pounds
5.Nine lakh pounds
Answer – 3.Five lakh pounds
A set of four rare stamps, featuring the portrait of Mahatma Gandhi has fetched 5 lakh pounds at an auction, which is so far, the highest price ever paid for Indian stamps. The auction was held in United Kingdom. The purchaser is a private Australian collector.
- Which entity will issue special stamps commemorating the International Yoga Day on June 21 this year?
2.South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC)
4.Royal Mail UK’s postal service company
Answer – 5.United Nations
The UN postal agency, UN Postal Administration (UNPA) will issue the new special event sheet to commemorate Yoga Day that has been marked annually since 2015. The special sheet consists of stamps with images of the sacred Indian sound “Om” and various yogic asanas.
- How much contribution has been made by India to the UN programme for helping countries to hold elections and develop their electoral systems?
Answer – 1.$250000
This is the second Indian contribution of $250,000 to the programmes for electoral assistance and capacity building. The first was made in 2012. Through the Election Assistance Division set up in 1991, the UN has helped over 100 countries with their elections.
- Bollywood stars ___________ and ___________ have been named by Maharashtra State Govt. for this year’s Raj Kapoor Lifetime Achievement Award and Raj Kapoor Special Contribution award respectively
1.Saira Banu and Anil Kapoor
2.Saira Banu and Jackie Shroff
3.Aasha Parekh and Rishi Kapoor
4.Aasha Parekh and Akshay Kumar
5.Sharmila Tagore and Akshay Kumar
Answer – 2.Saira Banu and Jackie Shroff
The announcement was made by Maharashtra Cultural Affairs Minister Vinod Tawde. Renowned Marathi actors, Vikram Gokhale and Arun Nalawade have been named for this year’s V. Shantaram Lifetime Achievement Award and V.Shantaram Special Contribution Award.
- UNESCO has awarded Peace Prize to Giuseppina (Giusi) Nicolini, the mayor of the __________ island of Lampedusa
Answer – 3.Italian
Giuseppina (Giusi) Nicolini has been awarded the Peace Prize for her effort that saved thousands who fled across the Mediterranean often on unseaworthy boats to find a better and peaceful life.
- Who among the following British Pop singer turned fashion designer has been made an Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire?
Answer – 5.Victoria Beckham
This award was presented to Victoria Beckham by Prince William at Buckingham Palace in United Kingdom on April 19, 2017. Victoria’s husband, former football star David Beckham and her parents accompanied her for the investiture ceremony.
- Who among the following has been appointed as the new managing director and chief executive director of LIC Housing Finance?
Answer –3.Vinay Shah
Vinay Shah replaces Sunita Sharma, who has been elevated to the position of managing director of LIC. Vinay Shah has been with LIC since 1983. Prior to this assignment, he was executive director marketing.
- On April 19, 2017, which Asian country launched its first satellite in partnership with Asia Broadcast Satellite (ABS)?
Answer – 5.Mongolia
Mongolia has launched its first satellite as part of its efforts to make use of new technology to diversify its resource-dependent economy. The 1,227-megahertz satellite, called Mongol Sat-1, will help landlocked Mongolia expand its television, telecoms and broadband services.
- Which report published by the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) has highlighted that nearly 30% of World Heritage Sites are plagued by poaching, illegal logging and fishing?
1.’Save The Heritage’
3.’Not For Sale’
Answer – 3.’Not For Sale’
The report has listed seven sites in India where illegal activities are carried out. These seven sites are: Great Himalayan National Park, Nanda Devi National Park, Keoladeo National Park, Manas Wildlife Sanctuary, Kaziranga National Park, Western Ghats and the recently added Khangchendzonga National Park.
- Which among the following is a recently discovered exoplanet, located at a distance of nearly 39 light years from Earth?
Answer – 4.LHS 1140b
An international team of astronomers used the European Southern Observatory’s High Accuracy Radial velocity Planet Searcher (HARPS) in La Silla, Chile and other telescopes around the world to discover the so-called “super Earth” LHS 1140b, which orbits the faint star LHS 1140. Scientists are excited by the prospects for life on LHS 1140b.
- Who among the following Indian Badminton players have been upgraded in the latest BWF rankings released on April 20, 2017?
1.P V Sindhu
4.Sai Praneeth and Kidambi Srikanth
5.All of the above
Answer – 5.All of the above
PV Sindhu has moved to number 3 position. Last week she was at number 5 position. Saina Nehwal ranked at number 8 position. Last week she was at number 9 position. Ajay Jayaram has moved to 13th position. Kidambi Srikanth has moved to 21st position. Earlier he was at 29th position. Sai Praneeth has moved to 22nd position. Earlier he was at 30th position.
- Which among the following will be featured as a full sport at the 2022 Asian Games?
1.Rubik’s Cube Game
Answer – 3.Video Gaming
Video gaming will be featured as a full sport at the 2022 Asian Games, with competitors in electronic sports set to receive medals for their digital prowess. The Olympic Council of Asia says it will introduce e-sports to the official program of the Asian Games at Hangzhou, China. It will also be a demonstration sport at the 2018 Asian Games in Palembang, Indonesia.
- Which among the following international airports in India has received the carbon neutrality status by Airports Council International?
1.Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport, Ahmedabad
2.Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad
3.Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport, Kolkata
4.Dr. Babasahed Ambedkar International Airport, Nagpur
5.Biju Patnaik International Airport, Bhubaneswar
Answer – 2.Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad
GMR Hyderabad International Airport Ltd (GHIAL), a GMR Group-led consortium which operates the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad, announced that it was conferred with the carbon neutrality (level 3: neutrality) certificate at a glittering ceremony organised at Doha, Qatar.