Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 17 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 April
- Pana Sankranti is celebrated by Buddhists and Hindus residing in which State?
Answer – B.Odisha
Pana Sankranti is also known as Maha bisuba Sankranti. It is the traditional New Year day festival of Buddhists and Hindus in Odisha. As per the Gregorian calendar, Pana Sankranti 2017 was celebrated on April 14, 2017.
- ’World Hemophillia Day’ is observed on which date every year?
Answer – A.17th April
Hemophilia is a bleeding disorder, in which the person diagnosed has difficulty in forming blood clots. It is estimated that 400,000 people worldwide have been diagnosed with this disorder. World Hemophilia Day was first celebrated in 1989
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has flagged off the trial run of the new _________ coaches between Visakhapatnam and Araku
Answer – B.Vistadome coaches
The specially-designed Vistadome air-conditioned coach, claimed to be a first-of-its-kind on Indian Railways, has large glass windows and an observation lounge that offer passengers a panoramic view of the sites along the rail route. The coach also has a glass-domed ceiling, automatic sliding doors and a multi-tier luggage rack.
- Which State Legislature has passed a Bill enhancing the reservation for Muslims and Scheduled Tribes (ST) to 12% and 10% respectively for admission into educational institutions and for the State services?
Answer – D.Telangana
Through this Bill, the Telangana Govt. has fulfilled one of the major assurances given by Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao in the run up to the previous elections. Currently, reservation for Muslims is at 4%, while for Scheduled Tribes, it is at 6%.
- On April 15, 2017, President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the Kempegowda Festival in:
Answer – A.New Delhi
This festival is organised by the Nadaprabhu Kempegowda Foundation which was founded on April 17, 2016. The foundation is working towards popularising the legendary king Kempe Gowda and his works.
- Who among the following has won this year’s TIME magazine’s Readers’ Pollof the 100 most influential people in the world?
A.Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India
B.Donal Trump, President of US
C.Vladimir Putin, President of Russia
D.Rodrigo Duterte, President of Philippines
Answer – D.Rodrigo Duterte, President of Philippines
Duterte received 5% of total ‘YES’ votes in the Reader’s Poll. Rodrigo Duterte is the 16th President of Philippines. On assuming charge in June 2016, he started a violent and aggressive anti-drug campaign which has claimed more than 8000 lives so far.
- On April 16, 2017, which country held a referendum for changing the constitution to a presidential system with almost unbridled powers for the chief executive?
Answer – D.Turkey
President of Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdogan narrowly won a historic referendum that will tighten his grip on power. The sweeping constitutional changes approved in the vote create a presidential system that will grant Mr. Erdogan more power than any leader since modern Turkey’s founder Mustafa Kemal Ataturk and his successor Ismet Inonu.
- ‘Sagarmatha Frienship 2017’ is the first ever joint military exercise between which two Asian countries?
A.China and Bangladesh
B.Bangladesh and Nepal
C.India and Sri Lanka
D.China and Nepal
Answer – D.China and Nepal
On April 16, 2017, Nepal and China began their first-ever joint military exercise with a special focus on combating terror. The 10-day-long military drill “Sagarmatha Friendship 2017” will last till April 25, 2017. Sagarmatha is the Nepali name of Mt Everest, the world’s highest peak.
- As per World Bank report, the Indian economy is expected to grow at ____% in 2017
Answer – A.7.2%
As per the latest World Bank report, India’s economic growth is expected to pick up speed from 6.8% in 2016 to 7.2% by 2017 after a modest setback due to weaker than expected investments and effects of withdrawal of large denomination bank notes.
- EPFO (Employees Provident fund Organisation) has decided to reduce the interest rate on Provident Fund Deposits to ______% from 8.8%
Answer – A.8.65%
The Finance Ministry has permitted the Labour Ministry to go ahead with an 8.65 per cent rate of interest on employees’ provident fund (EPF) for 2016-17. According to EPFO estimates, the fund will see a surplus after providing 8.65 per cent interest rate for the last fiscal.
- According to the Japanese financial services major Nomura, India’s current account deficit (CAD) is expected to widen to ___________ per cent of GDP this year
Answer – B.1.6%
The report stated that “In 2017, we expect the CAD to widen to 1.6 per cent of GDP from 0.5 per cent in 2016 owing to higher commodity prices and an expected strong domestic recovery in the second half of 2017 “.
- BHEL has commissioned two units of 270 mega watt (MW) thermal power project in which district of Maharashtra?
Answer – D.Nashik
Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has successfully commissioned two units of 270 MW at RattanIndia Nasik Power Ltd’s 5×270 MW thermal power project, located at Sinnar in Nasik district of Maharashtra. With the commissioning of these units, BHEL has commissioned eight sets for RattanIndia in Maharashtra — 3 sets at Nasik and 5 sets at Amravati.
- On April 17, 2017, Union HRD Minister Mr. Prakash Javadekarlaunched a portal and a mobile app of RUSA in New Delhi. What does abbreviation RUSA stand for?
A.Rojgar Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan
B.Rojgar Uchchatar Shaaksharta Abhiyan
C.Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan
D.Rashtriya Uchchatar Shaaksharta Abhiyan
Answer – C.Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan
Union HRD Minister Mr. Prakash Javadekar has launched a portal and a mobile app of Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA) in New Delhi. He also released the Booklet “Digital Launch of Projects; Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA)”. Total 17 RUSA projects were launched digitally on April 17, 2017.
- Who among the following has won Formula 1 Bahrain Grand Prix?
Answer – B.Sebastian Vettel
Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari) has won Baharain Grand Prix by defeating Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes). The race was held at Baharain International circuit. Sebastian Vettel gets 7 point lead over Hamilton in the championship. It was Sebastian 3rd victory in Bahrain and the 44th of his career.
- Who among the following has won Under-15 women’s singles title and Under-15 women’s doubles title in 2017 International Junior Grand Prix in Jakarta?
Answer – C.Gayatri Gopichand
National badminton coach Pullela Gopichand’s daughter Gayatri Pullela has bagged both the singles and doubles crown at the Pembangunan Jaya Raya Junior Grand Prix in Jakarta. Gayatri eked out a hard-fought 21-11 18-21 21-16 win over her doubles partner Samiya Farooqui to win the girls U-15 singles title. Gayatri later teamed up with Samiya to clinch the U-15 doubles title with a straight game 21-17 21-15 win over Indonesian pair of Kelly Larissa and Shelandry Vyola.
- India’s first licensing show scheduled to be held in which city of India ?
Answer – A.Mumbai
India Licensing Expo (ILE), India’s first and most influential brand licensing show will take place on August 20-21 in Mumbai with participation from over 100 global and domestic companies.