Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 16 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 April
- On April 16, 2017, Prime Minister Narendra Modi felicitated the family members of 16 freedom fighters who were martyred during the ______ Rebellion in 1817
Answer – B.Paika Rebellion
On April 16, 2017, Prime Minister Narendra Modi was in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. He felicitated the family members of 16 freedom fighters who were martyred during the Paika Rebellion. Paika Rebellion was an armed rebellion against British East India Company which took place in the year 1817 across Odisha.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced to set up virtual museums at how many places in the country to display the valour and remember the contributions of tribal communities?
A.50 places in the country
B.75 places in the country
C.100 places in the country
D.125 places in the country
Answer – A.50 places in the country
On April 16, 2017, while felicitating the family members of freedom fighters in Bhubaneswar, PM Modi highlighted the vital role of tribal communities during India’s struggle for independence. He announced that Government will set up virtual museums at 50 places in the country to display the valour and remember the contributions of tribal communities. These museums will help in spreading the knowledge of India’s rich history and will provide information about several people who laid sacrifices in realising the dream of Independent India.
- ’Rongali Bihu’ festival is celebrated in which state of India?
Answer – C.Assam
On April 14, 2017, people of Assam ushered in celebrations for Rongali Bihu, the state’s most colourful festival. Rongali or the Bohag (spring) Bihu starts on the last day of the Assamese calendar month of Chot
- Which State Govt. has prohibited the inscription of names of government functionaries on foundation stones and inaugural plaques?
Answer – D.Punjab
In a bid to oppose ‘VIP culture’, the Punjab government headed by Captain Amarinder Singh has prohibited the inscription of names of government functionaries – including ministers and MLAs – on foundation stones and inaugural plaques.
- Which among the following rule is NOT included in Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI)’s guidelines for celebrity endorsements?
A.Celebrities will be held responsible for the claims made in ads in which they appear
B.Celebrities should not endorse insurance and financial services
C.Advertiser and the advertising agency should ensure that celebrity brand endorsers are aware of ASCI guidelines
D.Products that claim to cure baldness and change skin colour should not be promoted
Answer – B.Celebrities should not endorse insurance and financial services
Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) released a set of guidelines to protect consumers’ interest, while encouraging celebrities and advertisers to refrain from endorsing misleading advertisements. The guidelines will help in ensuring that claims made in advertising are not misleading, false or go unsubstantiated.
- Which railway station in Bhopal has become India’s first privately-run railway station?
A.Raniganj Railway Station
B.Habibganj Railway Station
C.Kunwarganj Railway Station
D.Sahibganj Railway Station
Answer – B.Habibganj Railway Station
Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has said that for the first time in Indian Railways’ history, operations of Habibganj station in Bhopal has been handed over to a private firm. The station building will be developed in line with airport terminals.
- On 11th and 12th April 2017, BRICS special envoys on Middle-East meet was held in:
D.Durban, South Africa
Answer – C.Visakhapatnam, India
A two-day meeting of BRICS special envoys on Middle-East was held in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh on 11th and 12th April 2017. This was the second such meeting of BRICS envoys on Middle-East. Discussions revolved around military-political situation in Syria, Iraq, Yemen and Libya and prospects for a Palestinian-Israeli settlement.
- Which among the following has become the first state to launch a special awareness drive to ensure that transgenders in the state register as voters in larger numbers?
Answer – D.Maharashtra
On April 15, 2017, the Maharashtra branch of the Election Commission of India (ECI) launched a special drive for this purpose. The ECI has prepared a two-and-a-half-minute film, slated to run in 400 theatres four times a day over the next week. The commission has also put up posters on two 12-rake locals asking transgenders to register as voters.
- A MoU has been signed between _______ and _______to help Scheduled Caste weavers and their families by promoting production and marketing of high value quality Handlooms products?
A.National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation (NSFDC) and Development Commissioner (Handlooms)
B.National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation (NSFDC) and SIDBI
C.Development Commissioner (Handlooms) and SIDBI
D.Development Commissioner (Handlooms) and NITI Aayog
Answer – A.National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation (NSFDC) and Development Commissioner (Handlooms)
The CMD, National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation (NSFDC) under Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and Development Commissioner (Handlooms) under Ministry of Textiles signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to help Scheduled Caste weavers and their families by promoting production and marketing of high value quality Handlooms products at Block level Cluster in various States like Gujarat, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Odisha etc.
- Which Indian entity has signed MoU with University of New South Wales (UNSW) to set up a Centre for Advanced Transportation Technology and Systems (CATTS)?
A.National Highways Authority of India
B.Indian Academy of Highway Engineers
C.Airports Authority of India
D.Inland Waterways Authority of India
Answer – B.Indian Academy of Highway Engineers
In line with the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways vision to influence and adopt global innovation into the transportation sector, a Memorandum of Understanding was signed between the Ministry through the Indian Academy of Highway Engineers and University of New South Wales (UNSW) to set up a Centre for Advanced Transportation Technology and Systems (CATTS).
- Who among the following has won ‘Cartier Women’s Initiative Award’?
Answer – C.Tirupati Jani
Tirupati Jain is an environmental engineer. She has been given this award for providing innovative solutions of water management to the women working on farms and small farmers against drought and flash floods.
- Who among the following has received the 6th edition of M.S. Swaminathan Award?
Answer – D.Dr. Hanchinal
The 6th edition of M.S. Swaminathan Award for honouring outstanding contribution in the field of agriculture has been given to Rayappa Ramappa Hanchinal – Chairperson of Protection of Plant Varieties and Farmers Rights Authority. This award has been given to Dr. Hanchinal for his contributions and continuous efforts in areas of seed production technology, crop improvement for hot and very hot dry environments and intellectual protection rights in plant varieties.
- On April 14, 2017, which Bollywood actor was honoured with a tribute at the 60th San Francisco International Film Festival (SFIFF) in USA?
C.Shah Rukh Khan
Answer – C.Shah Rukh Khan
The SFIFF is organized every year for two weeks where about 200 films from over 50 countries are screened. It is organised by San Francisco Film Society. Shah Rukh Khan’s film ‘My Name Is Khan’ was also screened at the festival.
- Which country has conducted a successful field test of new B61-12 nuclear bomb?
Answer – B.United States
The United States has successfully tested the latest upgrade to its B61, sending General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon multirole fighter to drop the intermediate yield strategic and tactical thermonuclear bomb over a military training area in Nevada. The U.S. National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) said that the test was the first in a series of similar events necessary to qualify the upgrade for service.
- NASA has found evidence of Hydrothermal Vents on _______ moon Enceladus
Answer – D.Saturn’s moon
Nasa’s Cassini spacecraft has picked up the first evidence that chemical reactions are happening deep below the ice on Saturn’s moon Enceladus which could be creating an environment capable of supporting microbes.
- Which food delivery and home services App has been launched by Google for Indian market?
Answer – C.‘Areo’
Google has launched the Areo app—currently operational in Mumbai and Bengaluru—that aggregates food delivery and home services start-ups in India. Google has partnered with companies such as Box8, Freshmenu and Faasos for food delivery and UrbanClap and Zimmber for home services.
- Who among the following has won the Men’s Singles title at Singapore Open Badminton championship?
Answer – C.Sai Praneeth
Promising Indian shuttler, Sai Praneeth clinched his maiden Super Series title at the Singapore Open after defeating compatriot K Srikanth. World No.30 Praneeth had won the Canada Open Grand Prix last year and reached the Syed Modi Grand Prix Gold final this year.
- Robert W. Taylor, who passed away on April 13, 2017, was a renowned:
B.American Computer Scientist
Answer – B.American Computer Scientist
Robert W. Taylor passed away on April 13, 2017 in California, US. He was 85 and was suffering from Parkinson’s disease. In 1961, Robert Taylor was a project manager for National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). At this time he directed funding to Douglas Engelbart at the Stanford Research Institute, who is credited with the development of the modern computer mouse.
- _________ from Italy, the last known survivor of 19thCentury, passed away on April 15, 2017
Answer – A.Emma Morano
Emma Morano, an Italian woman and the last survivor of the 19th Century died at the age of 117. Emma was born on 29th November, 1899 in northern Italy. According to Gerontology Research Group (GRG) the oldest person after Morano is Violet Brown, a Jamaican woman who turned 117 on March 10, 2017.
- Former Bihar Minister ____________,passed away in Patnaafter prolonged illness
B.Lokesh Das Gupta
Answer – D.Narsingh Baitha
Former Bihar Minister Narsingh Baitha died in Patna after prolonged illness. He was 100 years old and is survived by a son and five daughters. Baitha was elected MLA for three times from Bagha reserved seat since 1962. Later, he represented Sikarpur reserved seat in West Champaran in the state Legislative Assembly in 1985. He was minister in Congress government headed by Daroga Prasad Rai and Jagannath Mishra.
- Who is the author of the book ‘Punjab:Building the land of five rivers’?
Answer – C.Arjun Gaind
Author Arjun Gaind launched his latest book, Punjab: Building the Land Of Five Rivers, in Mumbai. A panel discussion was organised on the occasion at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya in which Punjab’s history, heritage, culture and growth were discussed.