Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 15 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 April
- On April 14, 2017, PM Narendra Modi launched a less cash township model, developed by _____________, across 81 townships in 12 States
A.Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited
B.Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers and Chemicals Ltd (GNFC)
C.Larsen & Toubro Limited
D.Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
Answer – B.Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers and Chemicals Ltd (GNFC)
The less-cash model across the States has been facilitated by GNFC under the auspices of NITI Aayog. It is to be noted that GNFC’s township at Bharuch in Gujarat became India’s first 100 per cent cashless township. 56 out of 81 selected townships are in Gujarat, whereas 25 townships are located in other 11 states including Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Delhi, Chhattisgarh, and Bihar.
- Which state celebrated its 70th Foundation Day on April 15, 2017?
Answer – A. Himachal Pradesh
On April 15, 2017, Himachal Pradesh celebrated its 70th Foundation Day. It came into existence in year 1948 post merger of 30 odd princely states.
- Under ‘Unemployment Allowance Scheme’, Himachal Pradesh State Government will provide unemployment allowance of Rs _____ per month to youth having intermediate or above qualification
A.Rs. 3000 per month
B.Rs. 4000 per month
C.Rs. 1000 per month
D.Rs. 2000 per month
Answer – C. Rs. 1000 per month
On the occasion of 70th foundation day of Himachal Pradesh, Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh launched an ‘Unemployment Allowance Scheme’ at a state level function in Chamba. Under this scheme, Himachal Pradesh State Government will provide unemployment allowance of Rs 1,000 per month to youth having intermediate or above qualification, whereas the unemployed youth with disability would be provided allowance of Rs 1,500 per month.
- On April 14, 2017, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu laid the foundation-stone for Dr B R Ambedkar Smriti Vanam (memorial park) in state’s de facto capital Amaravati. Andhra Pradesh Govt. has allocated nearly Rs. _______ for this project
A.Rs. 25 crore
B.Rs. 50 crore
C.Rs. 75 crore
D.Rs. 100 crore
Answer – D. Rs. 100 crore
This memorial park will have a multi-purpose convention Hall with a seating capacity of 3,000 persons, a Buddhist Dhyana Kendram (Meditation Hall), an open air theatre with a seating capacity of 2,000 people with facilities for conducting multi-media shows and Dr B R Ambedkar Memorial Library with his collected works and thoughts
- Which State Govt. has signed MoU with Central Govt. for “Power for All” scheme in the state?
Answer – A. Uttar Pradesh
The main purpose of this scheme is to provide 24-hour quality power supply in the state by October 2018. The cost of the project will be 40 thousand crore and 20 thousand crore will be spent till 2018.
- The Supreme Court has asked Center to include which language in NEET from 2018-2019?
Answer – B. Urdu
The Supreme Court has directed the Centre to include Urdu in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) from session 2018-19. The Students Islamic Organisation (SIO) had filed a plea requesting the court for inclusion of Urdu as a medium in which students can attempt NEET 2017.
- Which State Govt. has decided to ban plastic/polythene carry bags across the state from May 1, 2017?
Answer – C. Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh government has decided to ban plastic/polythene carry bags across the state from May 1, 2017 saying that its consumption results in large number of cow deaths. The cows eat polythene/plastic bags, which leads to their death. Banning of polythene use will protect their lives.
- Which State Govt. has set up a special court to try prohibition cases?
Answer – D. Bihar
Bihar has set up its first special court for speedy trial in cases relating to violations of the new prohibition law that seeks a total ban on liquor in the state. This court will hear prohibition cases only of Patna district.
- According to the UN-Water Global Analysis and Assessment of Sanitation and Drinking-Water (GLAAS) 2017 report published by World Health Organisation (WHO), how many people in the world are using contaminated source of drinking-water?
A.1 billion people
B.2 billion people
C.3 billion people
D.4 billion people
Answer – B. 2 billion people
The report stresses that countries will not meet global aspirations of universal access to safe drinking-water and sanitation unless steps are taken to use financial resources more efficiently and increase efforts to identify new sources of funding.
- India and Nepal have agreed to resolve border disputes along which district of Uttar Pradesh?
Answer – B. Kheri District
Officials of Kheri district in India and Kanchanpur in Nepal have agreed to a joint survey of their boundaries to resolve border dispute. The pact envisages carrying out of a survey of the entire border between Kheri in Uttar Pradesh and adjoining areas of Nepal by a joint survey team.
- To ease bad debt, RBI has come out with a revised PCA framework for banks which will be effective from April 1, 2017. What does abbreviation PCA stand for?
A.Punitive Corrective Action
B.Prompt Consolidation Action
C.Prompt Corrective Action
D.Punitive Consolidation Action
Answer -C.Prompt Corrective Action
The PCA framework is based on certain risk thresholds, the breach of which could result into serious consequences such as merger with another bank or even closure of the bank. Financial reports of banks as on March 31, 2017 will be considered as reference to evaluate banks’ condition vis-a-vis the thresholds.
- Which online portal has been launched by Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) that allows insurance companies to register and sell policies through online mode?
Answer – A.isnp.irda.gov.in
Announcing the launch of registration portal for Insurance Self Networking Platform (ISNP), IRDA said insurance companies, brokers and corporate agents can sell insurance policies through this platform. Insurers and intermediaries can create a login credentials for registration and submit Insurance Self Networking Platform (ISNP) application on the portal.
- Which entity has developed a Governance, Reward and Accountability Framework (GRAF) for public sector banks?
A.Reserve Bank of India
B.Union Finance Ministry
D.Bank Boards Bureau (BBB)
Answer – D.Bank Boards Bureau (BBB)
To help public sector banks (PSBs) compete against private sector rivals and also prepare them for possible mergers in the future, the Bank Boards Bureau (BBB) has drawn up an elaborate Governance, Reward and Accountability Framework (GRAF).
- Which firm has got RBI’s approval to raise the foreign shareholding to 49 per cent from the existing limit of 30 per cent?
Answer – C. Grasim Industries
RBI has notified that foreign institutional Investors/foreign portfolio investors can now invest from 30 per cent to 49 per cent of the paid-up capital of Grasim Industries Ltd under the portfolio investment scheme (PIS).
- Subsidiary of which company has launched India’s first industrial-articulated robot, the TAL Brabo?
D.Mahindra & Mahindra
Answer – C. Tata Motors
TAL Manufacturing Solutions, a subsidiary of Tata Motors Ltd. has launched its much-awaited TAL Brabo Robot. Indigenously developed, the TAL Brabo is a ‘Made in India’ solution, developed to cater to micro, small and medium enterprises, as well as for large scale manufacturers who require cost competitive automated solutions in manufacturing.
- Which among the following companies is among the 11 Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) that have been approved by Govt. for listing on stock exchanges?
A.Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL)
B.Indian Railway Finance Corporation (IRFC) Ltd.
C.IRCON International Limited
D.All of the above
Answer – D. All of the above.
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by the PM Narendra Modi has given its approval for listing of the 11 Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) on stock exchanges. These companies are Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL), Indian Railway Finance Corporation (IRFC) Ltd., IRCON International Limited, Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) Ltd., RITES Ltd., Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL), Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers (GRSE) Ltd., Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDSL), North Eastern Electric Power Corporation (NEEPCO) Ltd., MSTC Ltd. and Mishra Dhatu Nigam Ltd. (MIDHANI)
- Who among the following has been awarded ‘World’s Outstanding Aerospace Engineer Leadership Award’ by American Helicopter Society (AHS) International?
A.Dr. Naveen Singh
B.Dr. Praveen Dubey
C.Dr. Arvind Sinha
D.Dr. Maqsood Sheikh
Answer – C.Dr. Arvind Sinha
Dr. Arvind Sinha is an India-born aeronautics engineer, currently based in Australia. This award is a prestigious honour for leadership excellence in the field of vertical flight technology. Dr. Sinha has expertise in Tactical Aerospace Systems for unmanned aircrafts and helicopters.
- Who among the following has been named by UN Secretary-General to a high-level independent panel for human settlements and sustainable urban development?
Answer – B. Sheela Patel
Sheela Patel, a Padmashree awardee, is Founder and Director of the Society for Promotion of Area Resource Centres (SPARC) and a global expert on urban poverty alleviation and advocacy for slum dwellers.
- Which mobile app has been launched by Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu for receiving feedback from the public directly on any given issue?
B.Talk to CM
Answer – C. CM Connect
On April 14, 2017, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu launched a new mobile app CM Connect, at Secretariat at Velagapudi near Vijaywada. This mobile app runs on Microsoft’s Kaizala platform and will be useful in receiving feedback from the public directly on any given issue.
- Researchers at the Dona Paula based CSIR-National Institute of Oceanography (NIO) have developed a robotic platform that can be stationed at any depth from _________ metres to track the oceanic processes.
A.0 to 500 metres
B.0 to 400 metres
C.0 to 300 metres
D.0 to 200 metres
Answer – D.0 to 200 metres
Scientists at Marine Instrumentation Group of CSIRNational Institute of Oceanography (CSIR-NIO) have developed a robotic platform, Seabed Resident Event Profiler (SREP) that can be stationed at any water depth down to 200 meters along the Indian coast.
- Which web application has been launched by Manipur Chief Minister Nongthombam Biren Singh, to monitor all government funded projects and ensure transparency and accountability?
Answer – B. DARPAN
Digital Application for Review by Public And Nation (DARPAN) is a web application that would upload details of projects right from the initial stage till sanction of fund and photos of work-in-progress from sites. As per CM Biren Singh, it will stop the corrupt culture of non-completion of developmental projects after release of funds.
- Who among the following has won Asian Billiards Championship title?
Answer – A. Pankaj Advani
Sixteen-time world champion Pankaj Advani won his seventh Asian title by defeating Sourav Kothari 6-3 in an entertaining final of the Asian Billiards Championship. Pankaj Advani will now compete in the Asian Snooker Championship in Doha which begins on the April 22, 2017.
- Mark Wainberg, who passed away on April 11, 2017, was a pioneer in:
C.Developing Super Computers
D.Developing Smart Phones
Answer – A. HIV Research
Canadian researcher Mark Wainberg was a trailblazer in HIV/AIDS research.Wainberg was internationally recognized for his role in the discovery in 1989 of 3TC or Lamivudine, an anti-viral drug which is used in combination with other medications to treat infections caused by HIV.
- Former Governor of __________________, Girish Chandra Saxena, passed away on April 14, 2017.
D.Jammu & Kashmir
Answer – D. Jammu & Kashmir
Former Governor of Jammu and Kashmir, Girish Chandra Saxena, lovingly called Gary, passed away on April 14, 2017 after a brief illness. He was An IPS officer of the 1950-batch of the Uttar Pradesh cadre.