Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 April
- 123rd Constitution Amendment Bill 2017, which was passed by Lok Sabha on April 10, 2017, seeks to grant constitutional status to:
A.National Commission for Women
B.National Commission for Socially and Educationally Backward Classes
C.National Commission for Scheduled Castes
D.National Commission for Scheduled TribesAnswer – B.National Commission for Socially and Educationally Backward Classes
On April 10, 2017, Lok Sabha passed 123rd Constitution Amendment Bill, 2017 with 360 members voting in favour and two members voting against it. This amendment bill seeks to grant constitutional status to National Commission for Socially and Educationally Backward Classes. The amendment bill was introduced in Lok Sabha by Union Social Justice and Empowerment Minister, Thaawarchand Gehlot on April 5, 2017.
- In April 2017, Atu Zumvu from Nagaland was in news because:
A.He has become the first police officer from Nagaland to receive Shaurya Chakra
B.He has been sworn in as new Governor of Nagaland
C.He has scaled Mt. Everest for a record 8th time
D.He has been appointed as new Director of Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI)Answer – A.He has become the first police officer from Nagaland to receive Shaurya Chakra
Atu Zumvu, who is a Sub-Divisional Police Officer with the Nagaland Police, has received the prestigious Shaurya Chakra award at a ceremony held at the Rashtrapati Bhavan. Nagaland attained statehood in 1963 and since then this is the first time a police officer from the state has been honoured with this award.
- Headquarters of Survey of India is located in:
D.KolkataAnswer – C.Dehradun
The Survey of India completed 250 years on April 10, 2017. It is the principal mapping agency of India. Origin of the Survey of India is traced back to Year 1767. It is the oldest scientific department in India and one of the oldest survey establishments in the world.
- The Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill 2016, which was passed by Lok Sabha on April 10, 2017, seeks to amend which of the following acts?
A.Motor Vehicles Act, 1958
B.Motor Vehicles Act, 1968
C.Motor Vehicles Act, 1978
D.Motor Vehicles Act, 1988Answer – D. Motor Vehicles Act, 1988
The Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill 2016 was first introduced in Lok Sabha in August 2016 which proposed 89 clauses for amendment. It was referred to Parliament Standing Committee on Transport, headed by Mukul Roy, which accepted 57 out of 89 clauses for amendment. On March 31, 2017, the Union Cabinet approved changes in the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, 2016 as per the suggestions of the Parliamentary Standing Committee.
- The Parliament has passed the Constitution (Schedule Castes) Order (Amendment) Bill 2017. This bill seeks to amend which of the following acts?
A.Constitution (Schedule Castes) order,1950
B.Constitution (Schedule Castes) order,1960
C.Constitution (Schedule Castes) order,1970
D.Constitution (Schedule Castes) order,1980Answer – A.Constitution (Schedule Castes) order, 1950
The Bill amends the Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Order, 1950 and the Constitution (Pondicherry) Scheduled Castes Order, 1964. It seeks to modify the list of Scheduled Castes (SCs) for the state of Odisha. The castes Sualgiri, Swalgiri will be introduced as synonyms to the Sabakhia caste in the list of SCs for the state. The name of the Union Territory of Pondicherry was modified to Puducherry by a central Act in 2006. The bill seeks to incorporate this change and replace Pondicherry with Puducherry in the Constitution (Pondicherry) Scheduled Castes Order, 1964.
- The Government has set up an inter-ministerial committee to monitor the regional air connectivity scheme UDAN which seeks to make flying affordable by connecting unserved and under-served airports. This committee will be chaired by
A.Chairperson of Airports Authority of India
B.Prime Minister of India
C.Civil Aviation Secretary
D.Union Minister of Civil AviationAnswer – C.Civil Aviation Secretary
This committee would be responsible for coordination among stakeholders, including state governments, for “time-bound” implementation of the scheme. Chaired by Civil Aviation Secretary, the ‘Inter- Ministerial Monitoring-cum-Coordination Committee’ would have representations from the ministries of finance, defence, home as well as petroleum and natural gas
- Ministry of Rural development has released nearly Rs. _______ to the States under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS).
A. Rs. 13,500 crore
B.Rs. 18,500 crore
C.Rs. 23,500 crore
D.Rs. 28,500 croreAnswer – C.Rs. 23,500 crore
Ministry of Rural Development has released nearly 23,500 crore rupees to the States as first tranche for this Financial Year, under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS). The amount released includes all pending liabilities as on 31st March, 2017. It is also to ensure priority work on water conservation measures.
- The government has reduced the number of centrally sponsored schemes (CSS) to ____ umbrella schemes from 66.
A.16 umbrella schemes
B.20 umbrella schemes
C.24 umbrella schemes
D.28 umbrella schemesAnswer – D.28 umbrella schemes
Based on the recommendation of the sub-group of Chief Ministers on rationalisation of centrally sponsored schemes, the government of India has rationalised centrally sponsored schemes (CSS) effective from the financial year 2016-17. The schemes of CSS have been reduced from 66 to 28 umbrella schemes.
- On April 10, 2017, Foreign Ministers from the Group of Seven (G-7) countries gathered for the annual meeting in:
D.Milan, ItalyAnswer – A.Lucca, Italy
Latest conflicts in Syria, dominated the G-7 foreign ministers’ meeting. G-7 countries have insisted that Russia should stop giving support to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. Imposing further sanctions on Russia is also being considered as an option.
- Indian national, _________________ was arrested in Pakistan last year on charges of spying and has now been awarded death sentence by a Pakistani army court.
D.Naresh ParghiAnswer – B.Kulbhushan Jadhav
Kulbhushan Jhadav was arrested in March last year in Balochistan and was accused of being a Research and Analysis Wing (R&AW) agent. Indian Foreign Secretary S Jainshankar mentioned ‘if Jhadav will be awarded capital punishment, India will consider it as a case of premeditated murder’.
- The first rail freight service from UK to China has departed on a journey of 7500 mile from Essex. This freight train will pass through how many countries before reaching China?
D.8 countriesAnswer – C.7 countries
The train will pass through seven countries which include France, Belgium, Germany, Poland, Belarus, Russia, and Kazakhstan. Thirty containers on this train are carrying British goods which include whiskey, soft drinks, vitamins pharmaceuticals and baby products. This service is a part of China’s One Belt, One Road programme of reviving the ancient Silk Route.
- Which among the following Small Finance Banks has launched a social deposit scheme called Hrudaya Deposit?
A.Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
B.Equitas Small Finance Bank
C.Capital Small Finance Bank
D.ESAF Small Finance BankAnswer – D.ESAF Small Finance Bank
The significance of the scheme is that a customer who deposit in it, becomes a part in nation building, as their deposits are used for the welfare and infrastructure development of the marginalized sections of the society.
- Bank Board Bureau (BBB) was setup in which year?
D.2016Answer – D.2016
The Bank Board Bureau (BBB) has recommended that the government bring in reforms in the compensation process in public sector banks on the lines of Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs). To attract high-quality talent for non-executive directors and chairmen, BBB has suggested a level-playing field with the private sector with respect to role, responsibility and remuneration.
- Which among the following novel written by Colson Whitehead has won the 2017 Pulitzer Prize in Fiction?
B.’The Underground Railroad’
D.’John Henry Days’Answer – B. “The Underground Railroad”
The prestigious Pulitzer Prizes for achievements in journalism, literature and musical composition were announced on April 10, 2017. This is the 101st edition of Pulitzer Prizes. A speculative history novel “The Underground Railroad” written by Colson Whitehead has won the 2017 Pulitzer Prize in Fiction.
- Which entity instituted the Hindi Sevi Samman Award in 1989?
A.Jawaharlal Nehru University
B.Banaras Hindu University
D.Union Human Resource Development MinistryAnswer – D.Union Human Resource Development Ministry
Central Hindi Institute Director N.K. Pandey has announced the names of 26 writers from different categories for the prestigious Hindi Sevi Samman Awards. The awardees will receive Rs 5 lakh each, a citation and a shawl from President Pranab Mukherjee at a ceremony at Rashtrapati Bhavan in May 2017.
- Which company has announced to buy eBay’s India business?
D.FlipkartAnswer – D.Flipkart
India’s largest online retailer Flipkart has closed a mammoth funding round of $1.4 billion from Tencent Holdings Ltd, eBay Inc. and Microsoft Corp., in the biggest-ever start-up funding round. Flipkart Ltd will also buy eBay’s India business as part of the $1.4 billion deal.
- Who among the following has become the first Muslim to captain Manchester United Football Club?
D.Admir MehmediAnswer – C. Marouane Fellaini
Marouane Fellaini is the world’s most expensive player. Marouane Fellaini is a Belgian professional football player who plays as a midfielder for Premier League Club Manchester United and the Belgium national team. He played his first international match between Belgium and Czech Republic in 2007.
- Which web portalwas launched by the Union Minister for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences, Dr. Harsh Vardhan on the occasion of 250th anniversary of Survey of India (SoI)?
D.Topography”Answer – B. Nakshe
Topographic maps or Open Series Maps (OSM) containing natural and man-made geographical features including terrain or topography are prepared by the SoI since its inception in 1767 and is in conformity with the National Map Policy-2005. These OSM maps have been made available for free download from nakshe” web portal in pdf format on 1:50,000 scale through Aaadhar enabled user authentication process, in line with Digital India programme of the Government of India.