AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 9 September 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which Organization recently (in Sept 21) set up 3 Boards for Advance Rulings (BAR) to help with tax matters?
1) Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs
2) Central Board of Direct Taxes
3) Securities and Exchange Board of India
4) Directorate of Revenue Intelligence
5) All the AboveAnswer- 2) Central Board of Direct Taxes
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) set up three Boards for Advance Rulings (BAR) which will offer help on tax implications of transactions, which in turn will help avoid income tax disputes. It was taken to fast-track disposal of cases.
i. This will replace the Authority for Advance Rulings (AAR), which was set up in 1993.
- Which is the World’s 1st Country to adopt ‘Bitcoin’ as its National Currency?
1) Costa Rica
2) El Salvador
5) HaitiAnswer-2) El Salvador
A Central American country El Salvador became the first country to adopt Bitcoin as a National currency.
i. The country launched the digital wallet called “Chivo” or “Cool” which offered $30 of free Bitcoin for the adaption.
- Which Payment Bank recently (in Sept’ 21) signed an MoU with LIC Housing Finance Ltd to provide home loans?
1) Paytm Payments Bank
2) Fino Payments Bank
3) India Post Payments Bank
4) Airtel Payments Bank
5) Jio Payments BankAnswer-3) India Post Payments Bank
India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) signed an MoU and LIC Housing Finance Ltd (Life Insurance Corporation of India-HFL) to provide home loans to over 4.5 crore customers of the former.
About India Post Payments Bank (IPPB):
It was set up under the Department of Post, Ministry of Communication.
MD & CEO– Venkatram Jayanthy
- As per the ‘Hurun India Future `Unicorn List 2021’ India became _________ largest Unicorn ecosystem in the world; while _________made it to the top.
1) 4th; China
2) 3rd; China
3) 3rd; USA
4) 2nd; China
5) 2nd; USAAnswer-3) 3rd; USA
As per the first ‘Hurun India Future Unicorn List 2021′ released by Hurun Research Institute, India became the 3rd largest Unicorn ecosystem in the world. India has 51 Unicorns worth $168 billion, and 32 Gazelles and 54 Cheetahs.
i. Number of Unicorns in the US are 396 making it to the top in the list,
- Who had recently (in Sept’ 21) signed multi-year brand partnership to Tata AIA Life Insurance for promoting health and wellness among policyholders?
1) P. V. Sindhu
2) Avani Lekhara
3) Mirabai Chanu
4) Neeraj Chopra
5) Ravi DhaiyaAnswer-4) Neeraj Chopra
Tata AIA Life Insurance signed a multi-year brand partnership with Subedar Neeraj Chopra, an Indian athlete and Olympic gold medallist as its brand ambassador.
i. Indian Army named a stadium after Subedar Neeraj Chopra at the Army Sports Institute, Pune Cantt. to honour his victory at 2020 Tokyo Games.
- Who was appointed (in Sept’ 21) as the Managing Director of Export-Import Bank of India?
1) J. Packirisamy
2) Lingam Venkat Prabhakar
3) Harsha Bhupendra Bangari
4) David Rasquinha
5) Mukesh Kumar JainAnswer-3) Harsha Bhupendra Bangari
The government of India had appointed Harsha Bhupendra Bangari as the Managing Director(MD) of Export-Import Bank of India (India EXIM Bank). She succeeded David Rasquinha.
- In September 2021, V. Vaidyanathan was re-appointed by RBI as MD & CEO of which Bank?
3) Bank of India
4) IndusInd Bank
5) IDFC FIRST BankAnswer-5) IDFC FIRST Bank
RBI approved the re-appointment of V. Vaidyanathan, as the Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of IDFC FIRST Bank for a period of 3-years.
About IDFC FIRST Bank:
Established – 2015
Headquarter – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Who was recently (in Sept’ 21) appointed as the new Chairman and Managing Director of National Fertilizer Limited?
1) Anandi Ramalingam
2) Pramod Agarwal
3) Kandikuppa Sreekant
4) Nirlep Singh Rai
5) Virendra Nath DattAnswer-4) Nirlep Singh Rai
Nirlep Singh Rai was appointed as the new Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of National Fertilizer Limited (NFL). The NFL is a Miniratna Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) under the Department of Fertilizer.
About National Fertilizer Limited (NFL):
Headquarters– Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- In September 2021, Byju’s acquired online preparation platform – ‘Gradeup’ and rebranded it as __________.
1) Byju’s Topper
3) Byju’s Point
4) Byju’s Exam Prep
5) Gradeup SuperAnswer-4) Byju’s Exam Prep
Ed-Tech Unicorn Byju’s had acquired the online exam preparation platform Gradeup to boost the ed tech’s presence in the online competitive exam preparation category. Following the acquisition of Gradeup, it has been rebranded as Byju’s Exam Prep.
- Who authored the book titled “Gita Govinda: Jayadeva’s Divine Odyssey”?
1) Utpal K. Banerjee
2) S. Ramakrishnan
3) Arundhati Roy
4) Arun Shourie
5) Amitav GhoshAnswer-1) Utpal K. Banerjee
The Union Minister of Culture, Gangapuram Kishan launched the book titled “Gita Govinda: Jayadeva’s Divine Odyssey” written by Padma Shri awardee Dr Utpal K. Banerjee.
i. Gangapuram Kishan also launched an exhibition on “Gita Govinda” and a program ‘BujurgonkiBaat-DeshKeSaath’ in New Delhi.