AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 9 May 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- What is the decline in car sales in India as per International Energy Agency’s (IEA) report titled” Global Energy Review 2020”?
5) 60%Answer-4) 50%
International Energy Agency (IEA) recently released a report”Global Energy Review 2020” which stated a 50% decline in car sales in India.
- What is the worth of road construction target of India for next 2 years as per Road Transport & Highways minister Nitin Gadkari?
1) 10 Lakh crores
2) 15 Lakh crores
3) 5 Lakh crores
4) 20 Lakh crores
5) 25 Lakh croresAnswer-2) 15 Lakh crores
Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) and MSMEs (Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises) Shri Nitin Gadkari held meeting via video conferencing with the members of SIAM (Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers) Institute on impact of COVID-19 on auto sector.During the meet, Nitin Gadkari has set a target of constructing roads worth Rs 15 lakh crore in the next two years.Currently, MoRTH is working overtime to clear all arbitration cases with concessionaires.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has inaugurated 80km strategically crucial road link connecting Lipulekh pass with Dharchula. Lipulekh Pass is route between India and china (Tibet) is in which state?
1) Arunachal Pradesh
5) ManipurAnswer-3) Uttarakhand
Defence Minister Shri Rajnath Singh has inaugurated 80km strategically crucial road link connecting Lipulekh pass (China Border) with Dharchula in Uttarakhand through video conferencing (VC). He also flagged off a convoy of vehicles from Pithoragarh to Gunj (Both in Uttarakhand).
- Co-operative banks comes under Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest (SARFAESI) Act recently, as per Supreme court order. When was SARFAESI act enacted?
5) 2005Answer-1) 2002
A five judge Constitution Bench of the Supreme Court passed a ruling that cooperative banks established under a State law or multi-State level societies come under the Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest (SARFAESI) Act of 2002. The judgement has been passed by a constitution bench headed by Justice Arun Mishra which also included justices Indira Banerjee, Vineet Saran, Mukesh kumar Rasikbhai Shah and Aniruddha Bose.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh approves abolition of 9,304 posts in Military Engineering Service (MES) recently. Who is the MoS of Defence?
1) Santosh Kumar Gangwar
2) Kiren Rijiju
3) Rao Inderjit Singh
4) Raj Kumar Singh
5) Shripad Yesso NaikAnswer-5) Shripad Yesso Naik
On the recommendation of the Committee of Experts (CoE), headed by Lt General DB Shekatkar, Raksha Mantri (Minister of Defence) Rajnath Singh has approved the proposal of Engineer-in-Chief of Military Engineering Services (MES), Lt Gen Sanjeev Kumar Shrivastava, for abolition of 9,304 posts in MES out of the total 13,157 vacancies of the Basic and Industrial staff.Minister of State in the Ministry of Defence – Shripad Yesso Naik.
- Which Indian state has passed ordinance to suspend most of labour laws for 3 years?
2) Uttar Pradesh
5) MaharashtraAnswer-2) Uttar Pradesh
The Uttar Pradesh(UP) government has passed an ordinance ‘Uttar Pradesh Temporary Exemption from Certain Labour Laws Ordinance, 2020’, to suspend most of the labour laws for 3 years, where all factories & manufacturing establishments will be exempt from existing labour laws except few.
- Assam has presented Rs 1,03,762 crore state Budget for FY 2020-2021 recently. Who is the chief minister of Assam?
1) Neiphiu Rio
2) Pu Zoramthanga
3) Sarbananda Sonowal
4) Conrad Kongkal Sangma
5) N. Biren SinghAnswer-3) Sarbananda Sonowal
Assam finance minister Himanta Biswa Sarma presented Budget for Assam for the financial year 2020-21.Total expenditure: For 2020-21 it is estimated to be Rs 1,03,762 crore. The CM of Assam is Sarbananda Sonowal.
- The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) has approved a loan worth $500 million for India’s ‘COVID-19 Emergency Response and Health Systems Preparedness Project’. Where is the HQ of AIIB located?
5) MoscowAnswer-1) Beijing
Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), a multilateral development bank, has approved a loan worth of $500 million for India’s ‘COVID-19 Emergency Response and Health Systems Preparedness Project’ to assist nation’s efforts to stop, detect, and respond to the risk posed by coronavirus (Covid-19). ADB Headquarters– Beijing, China.
- The NABARD has disbursed Rs 12,767 crore to State Co-operative Banks & Regional Rural Banks to extend credit to farmers. Who is the present chairman of NABARD?
1) Ajay Tyagi
2) Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
3) Yaduvendra Mathur
4) Mohammad Mustafa
5) Subhash Chandra KhuntiaAnswer-2) Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Developmen(NABARD) disburses Rs 12,767 crore to State Co-operative(Co-op) Banks & Regional Rural Banks(RRBs) across the country to increase their resources for extending credit to farmers during the lockdown due to the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic. NABARD Chairman– Harsh Kumar Bhanwala.
- Moody has revised India’s GDP growth rate for FY21 to 0%. What is India’s GDP growth for FY22 as per Moody?
5) 5.9%Answer-4) 6.6%
Moody’s slashed down India’s Gross Domestic Product(GDP) growth to zero for the current fiscal 2020-21 from its earlier forecast of 2.6%. In 2021-22 India’s GDP growth rate will bounce back to 6.6%.
- Which board under MSME ministry has signed MoU with IIT Madras for setting up a Centre of Excellence (CoE) to boost the use of their products?
1) Tobacco Board
2) Bamboo Board
3) Coir Board
4) Coffee Board
5) Tea BoardAnswer-3) Coir Board
Ministry of MSME (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) announced the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Coir Board and IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) Madras for setting up a Centre of Excellence (CoE) to boost the use of Coir applications.
- Name the person who has been appointed as the chief risk officer of YES bank for 3 years in May 2020.
3) Prasanth Kumar
4) Ravi Kumar
5) Pinaki GhoseAnswer-1) Neeraj Dhawan
The Yes Bank appointed NeerajDhawan, as Chief Risk Officer(CRO) for a period of three years with immediate effect, replacing AshishAgarwal, the current Chief Risk Officer.
- What is the percent stake of Reliance’s Jio platforms was bought by Vista Equity Partners for Rs 11,367 crore?
5) 0.86%Answer-3) 2.32%
As per the Reliance Industries Limited’s statement, the US-based private equity firm Vista Equity Partners to buy 2.32% stake in Reliance’s Jio Platforms, for Rs 11,367 crore which will make Vista the largest investor in Jio Platforms after Reliance Industries and Facebook. After this investment, Jio platforms will have an equity value of Rs 4.91 lakh crore and an enterprise value of Rs 5.16 lakh crore.
- Name the country which launched the ‘Long march 5B’ rocket to space which has the aim to operate a permanent space station and send astronauts to the moon.
5) ChinaAnswer-5) China
China has successfully launched a powerful white-large cargo rocket ‘Long March 5B’and prototype spacecraft towards the space from the Wenchang Space Launch Center on the coast of southern China’s island province of Hainan at 6 p.m. (Beijing Time).It was China’s ambitious major test to operate a permanent space station and send astronauts to the moon. The spacecraft will one day take astronauts to the space station, which China plans to complete by the year 2022 and finally on the moon.
- Researchers of which Institute has Invented economical and energy efficient wafer-scale photo detector recently.
1) S.N Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences
2) Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology
3) Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research
4) Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology
5) Institute for Advanced Studies in Science TechnologyAnswer-3) Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research
Researchers of Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research(JNCASR) under the Department of Science and Technology,for security applications, invented an economical and energy efficient wafer-scale photo detector to detect weak scattered light and indicate unwanted activity.
- When was World Red Cross Day observed annually?
1) May 8
2) March 15
3) February 28
4) September 19
5) November 12Answer-1) May 8
Globally May 8th is celebrated as the World Red Cross Day and Red Crescent Day every year this day is to celebrate and acknowledge the volunteers who help the people in need and to commemorate the birth anniversary of Henry Dunant the founder of International Committee of the Red Cross(ICRC) born on 8 May 1828. The first Red Cross Day was adopted on May 8, 1948.
- Which among the following day was observed on May 8 every year globally, since 1994?
1) World Diabetes Day
2) World Autism Day
3) World TB Day
4) World Malaria Day
5) World Thalassaemia DayAnswer-5) World Thalassaemia Day
World Thalassaemia Day (WTD) is observed every year on May 8 globally, to create awareness about the disease and help thalassaemia patients to lead a normal life despite the burden of the disease. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, World Thalassaemia Day 2020 will be celebrated through different online activities. Theme for the year 2020: “The dawning of a new era for thalassaemia: Time for a global effort to make novel therapies accessible and affordable to patients”.
- World Hand Hygiene day was observed annually on May 5. What is the theme for the day for the year 2020?
1) “Clean Hands – a recipe for health,”
2) “Clean care for all – it’s in your hands”
3) “SAVE LIVES: Clean your hands”
4) “Our Hands, Our Future!”
5) “Make handwashing a habit!”Answer-3) “SAVE LIVES: Clean your hands”
World Hand Hygiene Day is observed every year on May 5 globally. The day is organized by the World Health Organization (WHO). The main aim of the day is to make people across the globe more aware of the importance of hand hygiene in health care facilities, thus protecting health care workers and patients from infections. Theme for the year 2020: “SAVE LIVES: Clean your hands”.
- Name the mobile app which was launched by Uttar Pradesh government for migrant workers.
2) Exit App
4) Pravasi Raahat Mitra
5) COVAAnswer-4) Pravasi Raahat Mitra
Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Yogi Adityanath launched the ‘Pravasi Raahat Mitra’ mobile application developed by the state revenue department in collaboration with United Nation(UN) Development Program to provide support for the migrant workers of Uttar Pradesh in other states to access the advantages of the government schemes.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is Indian Railway Institute of Mechanical & Electrical Engineering (IRIMEE) located?
5) KharagpurAnswer-1) Jamalpur
Ministry of Railways today clarified that it has no plans to shift Indian Railways Institute for Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (IRIMEE) from Jamalpur, Bihar to Lucknow, UP.
- Pilibhit tiger reserve is located in which state?
3) Uttar Pradesh
5) RajasthanAnswer-3) Uttar Pradesh
The Pilibhit Tiger Reserve is situated in the Pilibhit district and Shahjahanpur District of Uttar Pradesh, forming part of the Terai Arc Landscape, in the upper Gangetic Plain Biogeographic Province.
- International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is located at?
5) BudapestAnswer-4) Geneva
The International Committee of the Red Cross is a humanitarian institution based in Geneva, Switzerland, and a three-time Nobel Prize Laureate.
- Who is the present MD&CEO of Yes Bank?
3) Prashant Kumar
4) Ravi Kumar
5) Pinaki GhoseAnswer-3) Prashant Kumar
The Yes Bank Limited is an Indian public bank headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The RBI later reconstructed the board and named Prashant Kumar former Chief financial officer of SBI as new MD & CEO at Yes Bank.
- Orang national park is in which state?
5) OdishaAnswer-1) Assam
Orang National Park is also known as Rajiv Gandhi National park, located in the Darrang and Sonitpur districts of the state of Assam.