AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 9 March 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which organisation signed (in Mar’21) an MoU with the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare for implementing Agroforestry under the Sub-Mission on Agroforestry (SMAF) Scheme?
1) Cotton Corporation of India
2) Handicrafts & Handlooms Exports Corporation of India
3) National Cooperative Development Corporation
4) Central Silk Board
5) Food Corporation of IndiaAnswer-4) Central Silk Board
On March 7, 2021, an MoU was signed between the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare (MoA&FW) and Central Silk Board under the Ministry of Textiles during ‘National level programme on convergence of Agro-Sericulture and eradication of Thigh reeling’. As a part of MoU, there will be implementation of Agroforestry in the silk sector under the ongoing Sub-Mission on Agroforestry (SMAF) Scheme.
- Recently (in Mar’21), the Ministry of Women & Child Development has brought all its major schemes under 3 Umbrella Schemes. Identify the correct pair of Umbrella scheme & integrated sub-scheme:
S.No Umbrella Scheme Integrated Sub-Scheme I POSHAN 2.0 Beti Bachao Beti Padhao II Mission Vatsalya Child Protection Services and Child Welfare Services III Mission Shakti Anganwadi Services
1) Only I is Correctly Matched
2) Only I & III are Correctly Matched
3) Only II is Correctly Matched
4) All I, II & III are Correctly Matched
5) None Matched CorrectlyAnswer-3) Only II is Correctly Matched
The Ministry of Women & Child Development (WCD) stated that it has classified all its major programmes under 3 umbrella schemes namely – Mission Poshan 2.0 (Prime Minister’s Overarching Scheme for Holistic Nutrition), Mission Vatsalya & Mission Shakti for the sake of better Implementation of the schemes & programmes.
Umbrella Scheme Schemes Included Saksham Anganwadi & POSHAN 2.0 Anganwadi Services Mission Vatsalya Child Protection Services and Child Welfare Services Mission Shakti Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
- Where is India’s 1st Forest Healing Centre located, that was inspired from the Japanese technique of forest bathing for stress relief & mood rejuvenation?
4) Himachal Pradesh
5) Madhya PradeshAnswer-2) Uttarakhand
India’s 1st Forest Healing centre was inaugurated by noted environmentalist Joginder Bisht in the pine dominated forest located at Ranikhet in Kalika Uttarakhand. It was developed by the Research Wing of Uttarakhand Forest Department in an area of around 13 acres. The forest is inspired from the Japanese technique of forest bathing (shinrin-yoku) and ancient Indian traditions. It is themed on ‘be silent, go slow, think less and feel more’.
- Which application recently (in Mar’21) collaborated with the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC)’s eSkill India portal to promote nano-entrepreneurship amongst the financial service sector?
1) imobile pay
2) E-Gyan Mitra
5) UMANG AppAnswer-3) SahiPay
The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) collaborated with SahiPay, an Android-based integrated platform developed by Manipal Business Solutions (MBS) to promote nano-entrepreneurship amongst youth in the financial services sector. As a part of collaboration, candidates will be provided access to free digital skilling on ‘Online Entrepreneurship Program’ through NSDC’s eSkill India portal.
- Across which river was the 200 feet “The Bridge of Compassion”, was built by Border Road Organisation in a record 26 days?
1) Beas River
2) Yamuna River
3) Ghaghara River
4) Alakananda River
5) Rishiganga RiverAnswer-5) Rishiganga River
The Border Road Organisation (BRO) has built a 200 feet bridge across Rishiganga river, connecting 13 villages in Uttarakhand. The bridge was built by BRO in a record 26 days, as a replacement to the 90-metre Reinforced Cement Concrete (RCC) bridge that was washed away in the February 7 flash floods in Rishiganga river. As a tribute to the sacrifice of the Power plant workers, the bridge was named as “The Bridge of Compassion”.
- What is India’s Rank in the “UNCTAD B2C E-COMMERCE INDEX 2020”, that measures economic preparedness of the countries to support online shopping?
5) 21stAnswer-3) 71st
In accordance with the ‘UNCTAD B2C E-COMMERCE INDEX 2020- Spotlight on Latin America and the Caribbean’, India ranked 71 out of 152 countries as compared to 75th position in 2019. The index measures an economy’s preparedness to support online shopping where B2C stands for Business to Consumer. UNCTAD is an acronym for United Nations Conference on Trade and Development. The index has been topped by Switzerland.
- The ‘COVID-19: A threat to progress against Child Marriage’ report by UNICEF stated on additional 10 million child marriages by 2030. What is the target year to end Child Marriage under UN’s Sustainable Development Goals?
5) 2045Answer-4) 2030
According to the ‘COVID-19: A threat to progress against Child Marriage’ report compiled by UNICEF (United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund) COVID-19 impact could result in additional 10 Million Child Marriages in the next decade (2020-30). The report states that around 650 Million Girls & Women who are alive today were married in childhood.
The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals has set a target to end Child Marriage by 2030.
- Which bank recently (in Mar’21) enabled its customers to access information on various banking services through “WhatsApp”?
1) ICICI Bank
2) State Bank of India
3) UCO Bank
4) Axis Bank
5) HDFC BankAnswer-4) Axis Bank
On 3rd March 2021, Axis Bank launched the banking services on WhatsApp, this will enable the customers to get information on their balance, transactions, credit card payments, and deposit details. This is in line to the Dil se open philosophy of Axis Bank.
- Who won the Women’s Singles Title in the 2021 Swiss Open Super 300 by defeating Indian Shuttler PV Sindhu in the finals?
1) Nozomi Okuhara
2) Tai Tzu-ying
3) Saina Nehwal
4) Michelle Li
5) Carolina MarinAnswer-5) Carolina Marin
Indian Shuttler PV Sindhu clinched the Silver Medal in the 2021 Swiss Open Super 300 (Officially known as Yonex Swiss Open 2021) after she was defeated in the final by Spain’s Carolina Marin. In the Men’s Singles – Viktor Axelsen (Denmark) defeated Kunlavut Vitidsarn (Thailand) to win the Singles Title at the 2021 Swiss Open.
- Which country is planning (as of Mar’21) to establish a Center of Excellence for the dairy sector in Rajasthan?
5) BelgiumAnswer-3) Denmark
On March 06,2021, Denmark Ambassador Freddy Svane had a meeting with Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot and Governor Kalraj Mishra to set up a Center of Excellence for the dairy sector in Rajasthan. Rajasthan is the second highest milk producing state in India contributing around 11% to the total milk production.