AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 9 January 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- Where will the 1st Centre of Excellence (CoE) of Flipkart be setup in partnership with Logistics Skill Sector Council (LSC)?
5) New Delhi
Answer-4) Bengaluru,, Karnataka
On January 7, 2021, Flipkart signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Logistics Skill Sector Council (LSC). It is LSC’s first-of-its-kind industry partnership with Flipkart to set up the industry-first Centre of Excellence (CoE) in Bengaluru, Karnataka. It is set up to build a skilled and trained workforce for the fast-growing e-commerce industry in India. Flipkart has further strengthened its vernacular language by introducing Marathi, the third most widely spoken language in India, on its platform.
- Which state recently got approval from Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) for Rs. 5,801 Cr National Highway Infrastructure Project, in January 2021?
On January 7, 2021, Union Minister Nitin Jairam Gadkari, Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) informed that the Central Government has approved Rs. 5,801 Cr for new 1035 km National highway (NH) between Surat (Gujarat) and Bengaluru (Karnataka) to curb the vehicular pollution in Maharashtra’s Mumbai and Pune. It is approved under the annual plan of MoRTH.
- In January, 2021, Home Minister Amit Shah released the inaugural issue of “National Police K-9 Journal”. What does K-9 represent?
1) Assault Riffle
2) Human Resource Training Program
3) Police Service Dogs
4) Anti-Terrorist Squad
5) Women Rights Cell
Answer- 3) Police Service Dogs
Home Minister Amit Shah released the inaugural issue of “National Police K-9 Journal”. The publication of the Police K9 Journal is another step in creating an ecosystem in the country to train and learn on augmenting this vital resource. This is a unique initiative which will further enrich the subjects related to Police Service Canine (K-9) (PSK) teams in the country. The police dog squad can act as a force multiplier to ensure the safety of society.
- Which bank recently partnered with IIT Kanpur and Foundation for Innovation & Research in Science & Technology (FIRST) to jointly set up ‘Fintech Innovation Centre (FIC)’, in January, 2021?
1) State Bank of India
2) Canara Bank
3) Punjab National Bank
4) Kotak Mahindra Bank
5) Union Bank of India
Answer-3) Punjab National Bank
On January 7, 2021 Punjab National Bank (PNB) partnered with Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur and Foundation for Innovation & Research in Science & Technology (FIRST) to jointly set up ‘Fintech Innovation Centre (FIC)’, the Punjab National Bank – IIT Kanpur Innovation Centre at the IIT Kanpur campus. PNB will provide problem statements and also guidance regarding banking regulations.
- What was the GDP growth of India for FY 2020-21 estimated by the National Statistical Office (NSO)?
1) – 7.2%
2) – 6.6%
3) – 8.2%
4) – 7.7%
5) – 8.9%
Answer-4) – 7.7%
On January 7, 2021, the National Statistical Office (NSO), Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) released the First Advance Estimates of National Income at both Constant (2011-12) and Current Prices, for FY 2020-21. The growth in real GDP during 2020-21 is estimated at -7.7% as compared to the growth rate of 4.2% in 2019-20.
- Which state government recently signed an MoU with Cambridge University to improve the English proficiency of teachers & students through training programs, in January, 2021?
2) Tamil Nadu
3) Andhra Pradesh
Answer-3) Andhra Pradesh
On January 8, 2021 The Municipal Administration and Urban Development (MAUD) Department, Govt of Andhra Pradesh(AP) signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with University of Cambridge. As part of the MoU, the university will offer training to teachers and students of state municipal schools to improve their proficiency in the English language.
- Which organisation received DRDO’s prestigious Defence Technology Absorption Award in January, 2021?
1) Kirloskar Electric Co. Ltd
2) Centum Electronics Ltd
3) Bharat Electronics
4) Sterlite Technologies
5) Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd
Answer-2) Centum Electronics Ltd
Bangalore-based Centum Electronics Limited, the leading Electronics Company, was awarded the prestigious Defence Technology Absorption Award by DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organization). They received the award for their contribution towards the absorption of critical technology in defence space systems and pioneering the development of Space Grade Hardware of onboard Satellite based Electronic Warfare Payload for the Satellite Mission Kautilya.
- When will India’s 1st Solar Mission expected to be launched as per ISRO’s Plan for the Decade 2021-30?
Sivan, Secretary of Department of Space (DoS) & Chairman of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has chalked out the plan for the Decade 2021-30. It has listed both Short-term vision & Long-term visions.
Important Short-term vision:
Third Lunar Mission of ISRO Chandrayaan-3 is expected to be launched by late 2021 or early 2022.
First Solar Mission of ISRO, Aditya-L1, is expected to be launched in 2022.
Launching of the First Indian Data Relay Satellite System (IDRSS) by early 2021.
The Gaganyaan Programme India’s First unmanned flight is set to be launched in 2022.
- When was Marathi Journalist day observed annually?
1) 6th January
2) 1th January
3) 11th January
4) 15th January
5) 4th January
Answer-1) 6th January
Marathi Journalist day is celebrated every year on January 6 across Maharashtra in the memory of Late Balshastri Jambhekar, who is known as the ‘Father of Marathi journalism’. The first issue of the first newspaper in Marathi, ‘Darpan’, founded by Balshastri Jambhekar was issued on January 6, 1832.
- Which organisation(s) collaborated alongside Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) to develop the Mobile app ‘NCD PHC’ to manage Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) at Government Primary Health Centres (PHCs)?
1) Tata Trusts
2) HCL Technologies
3) Dell Technologies
4) Only 1 & 2
5) Only 1 & 3
Answer-5) Only 1 & 3
Dell Technologies, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) & Tata Trusts have collaborated to develop a mobile application ‘NCD PHC’ for the management of Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) at Government Primary Health Centres (PHCs) across India. The app was formally launched by, Dr Harsh Vardhan on Universal Health Coverage Day (On December 12, 2020). World Health Organization’s (WHO) 2019 Global Health Report Estimates, NCD constitute 7 of the World’s Top 10 causes of death.