AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 9 December 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- What are the points that are correct with respect to the Launch of Innovative Solutions in Digital Payment Utsav?
A) During the Digital Payment Utsav event Axis Bank launched Rupay-on-the-Go Contactless Solution in Collaboration with NPCI.
B) Union Bank announced an android-based SOFTPOS mobile app for Point of Sales which will further cause digital payment adoption.
C) Yes Bank launches YES Prosperity Rewards Plus credit card on Payment Platform in partnership with NPCI.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5 Only B & CAnswer-5) Only B & C
During the Digital Payment Utsav event City Union Bank launched Rupay-on-the-Go Contactless Solution in Collaboration with NPCI.
• Union Bank announced an android-based SOFTPOS mobile app for Point of Sales to the cause of digital payment adoption.
• Yes Bank launches YES Prosperity Rewards Plus credit card on Payment Platform in partnership with NPCI.
- Which organization launched the ‘e-Sawaari India Electric Bus Coalition’ along with Convergence Energy Service Ltd & World Resources Institute India in December 2021 to accelerate the e- bus services in India?
1) National Small Industries Corporation
2) Central Electricity Authority
3) National Development Council
4) NITI Aayog
5) Bureau of Energy EfficiencyAnswer-4) NITI Aayog
The National Institution of Transforming India (NITI) Aayog launched the ‘e-Sawaari India Electric Bus Coalition’ in partnership with Convergence Energy Service Ltd (CESL) and World Resources Institute, India (WRI India) and with the support from Transformative Urban Mobility Initiative (TUMI).
• The Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) of NITI Aayog has launched a Digi-book titled “Innovations for You”.
• The 1st edition of the digi-book covered 45 health tech startups. These start-ups were incubated at the Atal Incubation Centers across India.
- As per the Lowy Institute ‘Asia Power Index 2021’, India Ranked as _____ most powerful country in Asia, while ______ tops the index.
1) 3rd; Japan
2) 4th; China
3) 2nd; United State
4) 3rd; China
5) 4th; United StatesAnswer-5) 4th; United States
As per the Lowy Institute Asia Power Index 2021, India Ranked 4th most powerful country out of 26 countries while the US tops the Index.
i. India finishes in 4th place in four measures such as economic capability, military capability, resilience and cultural influence.
ii. India ranks 3rd in the future resources measure, behind only the United States and China.
- Which Bank signed a MoU with Liberty General Insurance (in Dec’21) to Boost Insurance Penetration?
1) Assam Gramin Vikash Bank
2) Andhra Pragathi Grameena Bank
3) Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank
4) Madhya Pradesh Gramin Bank
5) Telangana Grameena BankAnswer-3) Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank
Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB) signed a MoU with Liberty General Insurance to sell general insurance products through the 629 branches of KVGB & it will boost insurance penetration in Karnataka.
About Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB):
Chairman – P Gopi Krishna
- Nilmani Phookan Jr won ______ Jnanpith award & __________ won the 57th Jnanpith award for their outstanding contribution to literature.
1) 58th; Damodar Mauzo
2) 54th; Akkitham Narayanan
3) 56th; Damodar Mauzo
4) 58th; Akkitham Narayanan
5) 56th; Balamani AmmaAnswer- 3) 56th; Damodar Mauzo
Assamese poet Nilmani Phookan Jr & Konkani novelist Damodar Mauzo won the 56th & 57th Jnanpith award for their outstanding contribution to literature.
i. Damodar Mauzo is the second awardee of Jnanpith Award for a Konkani writer. The first being Ravindra Kelekar in 2006.
ii. Phookan is the third Assamese writer to receive the Jnanpith. The previous awardees were Birendra Kumar Bhattacharya in 1979 and Mamoni Raisom Goswami in 2000 & he also won the Padma Shri award.
- What are the points that are correct with respect to the 18th Edition of Forbes’ list of the World’s 100 Most Powerful Women?
A) Union Minister, Smriti Zubin Irani was ranked 27th & Nykaa’s founder and CEO, Falguni Nayar was ranked 88th on the list.
B) Roshni Nadar Malhotra, Chairperson of HCL Technology was ranked 52nd & Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, executive chairperson & founder of Biocon was ranked 72nd
C) MacKenzie Scott topped the Forbes’ list of the World’s 100 Most Powerful Women followed by Kamala Harris.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) Only B & CAnswer-5) Only B & C
Finance Minister of India, Nirmala Sitharaman has ranked 37th & Nykaa’s founder and CEO, Falguni Nayar was ranked 88th on the list.
i. Roshni Nadar Malhotra, Chairperson of the HCL Technology was ranked 52nd & Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, executive chairperson and founder of Biocon was ranked 72nd
ii. MacKenzie Scott topped the Forbes’ list of the World’s 100 Most Powerful Women followed by Kamala Harris.
- Who recently (in Dec’21) joined the board of advisers for the International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance (IDEA)?
1) A K Joti
2) Sushil Chandra
3) Nasim Zaidi
4) Sunil Arora
5) Om Prakash RawatAnswer-4) Sunil Arora
The former Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Sunil Arora has joined the board of advisers for the International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance (IDEA), a Stockholm based organization.
Note- Sushil Chandra is the current & 24th Chief Election Commissioner of India, who also chairs Association of World Election Bodies (AWEB).
- Which country recently (in Dec’21) tested fire the Vertically Launched Short Range Surface to Air Missile to overcome the various aerial threats?
5) IndiaAnswer-5) India
India successfully test-fired the Vertically Launched Short Range Surface to Air Missile (VL-SRSAM) from Integrated Test Range (ITR) in Chandipur off the coast of Odisha for neutralising various aerial threats at close ranges, including sea-skimming targets.
• The VL-SRSAM is indigenously designed and developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) for the Indian Navy.
Operational range – 40 km (25 miles)
Launch Platform – Surface ship
Used by – Indian Navy.
- In which aircraft India tested the air version of the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile from the integrated test range of Chandipur, Odisha?
1) Sukhoi Su-57
2) Mikoyan MiG-29K
3) Sukhoi 30 MK-I
4) Dassault Mirage 2000
5) HAL Tejas MK-2Answer-3) Sukhoi 30 MK-I
India successfully test-fired the air version of the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile from the integrated test range of Chandipur, off the coast of Odisha.
• The air version of the missile was test-fired from supersonic fighter aircraft Sukhoi 30 MK-I.
About Defence Research and development Organisation (DRDO):
Established – 1958
Chairman – G Satheesh Reddy
Headquarters – New Delhi, Delhi
- 8th December is observed as ______ SAARC Charter Day 2021?
5) 36thAnswer-2) 37th
South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Charter Day is annually observed on December 8th to mark the signing of the SAARC Charter in 1985 that established the regional group – SAARC.
• The 8th December 2021 marks the observance of the 37th SAARC Charter Day.
About South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC):
SAARC Chairmanship– Nepal
Secretary General– H.E Mr. Esala Ruwan Weerakoon (Sri Lanka)
Secretariat– Kathmandu, Nepal