AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 9 April 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Identify the statements which are correct with respect to Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana- Gramin (PMAY-G) scheme:
A) PMAY-G was launched in 2014 to provide ‘Housing for All’ by 2022
B) Minimum size of the house under this scheme is 20 Sq. mts
C) PMAY-G scheme is being monitored through MIS-AwaasSoft & Awaas App
1) Only A & C
2) Only A & B
3) Only A
4) Only B & C
5) Only C
Answer-5) Only C
i.Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana- Gramin (PMAY-G) was launched in April 2016 to provide ‘Housing for All’ by the year 2022.
ii.The minimum size of a house under the scheme is 25 Square metre (increased from 20 Sq. Mt).
iii.PMAY-G scheme is being monitored through MIS-AwaasSoft & Awaas App.
iv.The cost is shared between Central & State Govt. in the ratio 60:40 in plain areas and 90:10 for North Eastern & Himalayan States.
- Recently (in Apr’21), the Union Cabinet approved the inclusion of Solar Manufacturing & White goods into the Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme. What are the goods classified as “White Goods”?
1) Textile Products
2) Electric Vehicles & Renewable Energy
3) Air Conditioners & LEDs Lights
4) Pharmaceutical Drugs
5) Food Products
Answer-3) Air Conditioners & LEDs Lights
The Union Cabinet approved the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy’s proposal for the implementation of INR 4, 500 Crore PLI Scheme for Solar Manufacturing through, ‘National Programme on High-Efficiency Solar PV (Photovoltaic) Modules’.
· It also approved the Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme for White Goods (Air Conditioners & LED Lights) with a budgetary outlay of INR 6, 238 Crore.
· An incentive of 4% – 6% for a period of 5 years will be provided on incremental sales of White goods manufactured in India.
- Which Ministry collaborated with Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to set-up Health Cells under its “Anamaya” initiative to provide health & nutrition support to the tribal population?
1) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
2) Ministry of Rural Development
3) Ministry of AYUSH
4) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
5) Ministry of Women and Child Development
Answer-4) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare along with Arjun Munda, Union Minister of Tribal Affairs virtually launched ‘Anamaya’, the Tribal Health Collaborative. It is a multi-stake holder initiative of the Tribal Affairs Ministry, to provide health & nutrition support to tribal populations.
· Supporting Partners – Piramal Foundation & Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF).
· Establish a Health Cell to monitor healthcare delivery in tribal areas, under the Tribal Health Action Plan.
- Indian Navy along with its Quad partners participated in the French Joint-Naval Exercise, ‘La Perouse’ in April 2021.
Identify the Wrongly matched bilateral exercise between India & France.
1) Varuna – Naval Exercise
2) Shakti – Army Exercise
3) Desert-Knight 21 – Air Exercise
4) Garuda Shakti – Army Exercise
5) Garuda – Air Exercise
Answer-4) Garuda Shakti – Army Exercise
Navies of India & Three other QUAD (Quadrilateral Security Dialogue) Countries namely US, Japan and Australia participated in the Multilateral French Maritime Exercise ‘La Perouse’. Naval forces of France, USA, Australia & Japan participated in the exercise.
List of Indo-French Exercises:
• Varuna – Naval Exercise
• Desert-Knight 21 & Garuda – Air Exercise
• Shakti – Army Exercise
Note – Garuda Shakti is a bilateral Military exercise between India & Indonesia
- Which country virtually hosted 2021’s 1st Meeting of BRICS Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors?
5) South Africa
On April 6, 2021, India hosted a 2021’s 1st Meeting of BRICS Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors virtually from New Delhi. Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs, Nirmala Sitharaman & Governor of RBI, Shaktikanta Das Chaired the meeting.
· India held the Chairmanship of BRICS for 2021 & will host the 13th BRICS Summit 2021.
- Which Small Finance Bank (SFB) recently (in Apr’21) partnered with Axis Securities to offer banking and investment services to its customers through a 3-in-1 account?
1) Jana SFB
2) Ujjivan SFB
3) Equitas SFB
4) Utkarsh SFB
5) Suryoday SFB
Answer- 1) Jana SFB
Jana Small Finance Bank (SFB) made a tie-up with Axis Securities, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Axis Bank, to offer banking and investment services to its customers through a 3-in-1 account.
· The 3-in-1 account integrates the Savings Bank Account maintained by Jana Small Finance Bank & Demat and Trading Accounts maintained by Axis Securities
- Who was appointed (in Apr’21) as the brand ambassador of VIVO?
1) Alia Bhatt
2) Virat Kohli
3) Shahrukh Khan
4) Deepika Padukone
5) Rohit Sharma
Answer-2) Virat Kohli
On 7th April 2021, Vivo Communication Technology Co. Ltd. appointed Indian Men’s Cricket Team captain Virat Kohli as its brand ambassador.
Other Indian Ambassadors of Vivo: Amir Khan Sara Ali Khan
- In April 2021, Agriculture Minister, Narendra Singh Tomar launched the Madhukranti Portal that acts as a database for ________ Producers, with technical and banking partnership from ___________.
1) Milk, State Bank of India
2) Honey, Indian Bank
3) Milk, Indian Bank
4) Honey, State Bank of India
5) Honey, Canara Bank
Answer-2) Honey, Indian Bank
On 7th April 2021, Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Minister, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare (MoA&FW), launched the Madhukranti Portal and Honey Corners of the National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation (NAFED) in New Delhi.
· The Madhukranti portal is an initiative of the National Bee Board(NBB) under the National Beekeeping and Honey Mission (NBHM), that acts as a database of all stakeholders involved in honey.
· Indian Bank is the technical and banking partner of the digital platform.
- Which State/UT recently (in Apr’21) launched 2 Mobile Apps – “Hamari Sadak”, “Tameer Taraqqi” to strengthen the e-Governance structure & enhancing transparency in its Public Works System?
2) Himachal Pradesh
5) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer-5) Jammu & Kashmir
On 6th April 2021, Manoj Sinha, the Lieutenant Governor of Jammu & Kashmir(J&K) launched 2 mobile applications, “Hamari Sadak”, “Tameer Taraqqi” and JK Public Works- Online Management, Monitoring and Accounting System (JKPW-OMMAS) to strengthening the e-Governance structure and to bring transparency in the system.
- Which is India’s 1st Payment Bank to get licensed by Reserve Bank of India?
1) Airtel Payments Bank
2) NSDL Payments Bank
3) Paytm Payments Bank
4) Fino Payments Bank
5) India Post Payments Bank
Answer-1) Airtel Payments Bank
On April 11, 2016, Airtel Payments Bank became the first entity in India to receive a payments bank license from RBI.