AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 9 & 10 May 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which Ministry mandated the issuing of certificates of disability only through online mode using Unique Disability ID Portal (UDID Portal)?
1) Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
2) Ministry of Minority Affairs
3) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
4) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
5) Ministry of Women and Child DevelopmentAnswer-4) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
The Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD), Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment (MoSJE) has issued a notification mandating all State/UT Governments to issue a certificate of disability through online mode only using Unique Disability ID Portal (UDID Portal) – (www.swavlambancard.gov.in) from June 1, 2021.
- Name the anti-COVID-19 Operation that was launched by Indian Armed Forces in May 2021.
4) SAMUDRA SETU
5) CO-SETUAnswer-2) CO-JEET
The Indian Armed Forces has launched operation “CO-JEET” to support anti-COVID-19 efforts of the country.
Lieutenant General Dr. Madhuri Kanitkar is monitoring the steps & working on strategies to provide relief to Covid-19 Patients.
- Despite COVID-19 India became the top exporter of Automobiles to ____________ in 2020 as per the ‘Automotive Export Manual 2021-South Africa’ report released by ____________.
1) Malaysia, Automotive Component Manufacturers Association
2) Saudi Arabia, Automotive Industry Export Council
3) Saudi Arabia, Automotive Component Manufacturers Association
4) Malaysia, Automotive Industry Export Council
5) South Africa, Automotive Industry Export CouncilAnswer-5) South Africa, Automotive Industry Export Council
According to the ‘Automotive Export Manual 2021-South Africa’ report released by Automotive Industry Export Council (AIEC), India was the top country of origin in Volume terms for passenger cars & Light Commercial Vehicles (LCVs) imports into South Africa in 2020, despite COVID-19 lockdowns.
i.Automotive Industry Export Council (AIEC) was established in 1999 as the promotion body for the automotive industry in South Africa.
- In May 2021, the Labour Ministry notified changes in the investment pattern of the Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO).
Which of the following points are correct with respect to the changes made?
A) EPFO can invest up to 5% of surplus in Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs)
B) Investments can be made only in AIFs with a corpus equal to or more than Rs 100 crore
C) Investment can be made in AIFs in India & Overseas
1) Only A & C
2) Only B & C
3) Only C
4) All A, B & C
5) Only A & BAnswer-5) Only A & B
The Labour Ministry has notified the changes in the investment pattern of the Employees Provident Fund Organisation(EPFO), which allowed it to make an investment of up to 5% of its investible surplus in Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs).
i.Investments can be made only in AIFs with a corpus equal to or more than Rs 100 crore.
ii.Directly or indirect investments in securities of the companies or funds which are incorporated and/or operated outside India is not allowed.
- _____________ & _____________ won the Laureus World Sportsman & Sportswomen of the Year for 2021 during the digital award ceremony from Spain.
1) Lewis Hamilton, Ellyse Perry
2) Virat Kohli, Naomi Osaka
3) Cristiano Ronaldo, Ellyse Perry
4) Rafael Nadal, Naomi Osaka
5) Lewis Hamilton, Ashleigh BartyAnswer-4) Rafael Nadal, Naomi Osaka
The 22nd Laureus World Sports Awards 2021 were unveiled at a Digital Awards Ceremony from Sevilla, Spain.
Award Recipient Laureus World Sportsman of the Year Rafael Nadal
Country – Spain, Sports – Tennis
Laureus World Sportswoman of the Year Naomi Osaka
Country – Japan, Sports – Tennis
Laureus Athlete Advocate of the Year Award
Country – UK, Sport – Formula One
Laureus Sporting Moment of the Year Award Chris Nikic – American Triathlete
In 2020, he became the 1st person with Down Syndrome to finish an Ironman triathlon
- Identify the organisation that launched ‘ID-Art’ Mobile App to help identify the stolen artefacts?
1) Archaeological Survey of India
3) Intelligence Bureau
4) Directorate of Revenue Intelligence
5) INTERPOLAnswer-5) INTERPOL
International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL) has launched a Mobile Application (app) – ‘ID-Art’ which will help to identify the stolen cultural property, reduce smuggling and increase the possibility of recovering stolen works and artefacts.
i.INTERPOL is headquartered at Lyon, France.
- Indian Olympic medalist Ravinder Pal Singh passed away in May 2021. In which sport did he represent India?
2) High Jump
5) BoxingAnswer-1) Hockey
Former India hockey player and a member of the 1980 Moscow Olympics-winning side, Ravinder Pal Singh passed away in Lucknow due to COVID-19.
i.Ravinder Pal Singh was the member of the Indian Hockey team that won the gold medal in 1980 Olympics held in Moscow, Russia.
- What is the theme of 2021’s World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day that is annually celebrated on 8th May?
1) Memorable smiles from around the world
2) Together we are #unstoppable!
3) Together for #love!
4) Together for Humanity
5) Everywhere for EveryoneAnswer-2) Together we are #unstoppable!
The World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day is annually observed across the globe on 8th May to celebrate and acknowledge the volunteers, members and staff who support the people in need. The day also commemorates the birth anniversary of Henry Dunant, the founder of the International Committee of the Red Cross(ICRC).
The theme of the World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day 2021 is ‘Together we are #unstoppable!’.
- World Thalassemia Day is annually observed on __________ to create awareness about the disease that affects ____________.
1) May 7, Brain
2) May 6, Brain
3) May 8, Brain
4) May 7, Blood
5) May 8, BloodAnswer-5) May 8, Blood
Every year the World Thalassemia Day is celebrated on May 8. The day is celebrated to encourage the patients suffering from Thalassemia, to raise awareness amongst the general public and decision-makers about thalassaemia.
Theme :“Addressing Health Inequalities Across the Global Thalassemia Community”
Thalassaemia is a disease that significantly reduces the haemoglobin count in the body and affects the production of red blood cells.
- RBI announced G-SAP 1.0 in April 2021. What does ‘S’ stand for in G-SAP?
5) SecurityAnswer-5) Security
The RBI, for the year 2021-22, has announced a purchase of Rs. 25,000 crores for Government Security (G-sec) Acquisition Programme or G-SAP 1.0 as a part of RBIs Open Market Operations.