AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 9 & 10 January 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- In January 2022, Union Defence Minister, Rajnath Singh flagged-in the ‘1st multi-dimensional adventure sports expedition of India’ in which country?
5) SpainAnswer-4) France
The Union Defence Minister, Rajnath Singh flagged-in the first multi-dimensional adventure sports expedition of India, which was conducted by the National Institute of Mountaineering and Allied Sports (NIMAS) in France.
i. The expedition was led by the Director of NIMAS Colonel Sarfaraz Singh along with 12 others which include 8 Army personnel and 4 youths of Arunachal Pradesh.
ii. The expedition team carried out over 250 Km of winter trekking in the Alps Mountain Ranges in France.
- Which city of Haryana to get India’s 1st Heli Hub by the Ministry of Civil Aviation in January 2022?
5) GurugramAnswer-5) Gurugram
The government of Haryana in collaboration with the Ministry of Civil Aviation is set to establish India’s first-ever Heli Hub in Gurugram. The first of its kind heli-hub in Gurugram is designed to have all the facilities in one place for Helicopters.
i. The hub will have several aviation facilities like Heliport, Hangars, repairs and other related services.
ii. The hub will be developed in 10-20 acres of land well connected with Dwarka Expressway and National Highway (NH)8.
- Recently (in Jan’22) a Joint Statement to Prevent Spread of Nuclear Weapons was signed between Nuclear Power Countries. Which of the following countries is ‘NOT’ one of the signatory?
5) USAAnswer-4) India
The 5 most powerful nations of the world, viz China, France, Russia, the UK & the US have agreed & signed a joint statement to prevent atomic weapons from spreading and to ensure a nuclear war is never fought.
i. The 5 nuclear weapons states recognized by the 1968 Treaty of the Non-proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT) and they were also the 5 permanent members of the United Nations Security Council. They are known as the P5 or the N5.
ii. The joint statement represents a renewed commitment to prevent any confrontation from turning into a nuclear war.
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the NPCI’s standardized limits for cash withdrawals & mini statements on Aadhaar enabled Payment System (AePS) transactions that was released in January 2022?
A) NPCI has introduced limits for cash withdrawals & mini statements which will be implemented by the acquiring banks by January 15, 2022.
B) The maximum limit of 5 approved cash withdrawal transactions per customer per terminal per day will be implemented in acquiring banks.
C) Cash withdrawal from micro ATMs of AePS has a limit of Rs 10,000 per transaction.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Both B & C
5) All A, B & CAnswer-5) All A, B & C
NPCI has introduced limits for cash withdrawals & mini statements which will be implemented by the acquiring banks by January 15, 2022.
i. The maximum limit of 5 approved cash withdrawal transactions per customer per terminal per day will be implemented in acquiring banks.
ii. Cash withdrawal from micro ATMs of AePS has a limit of Rs 10,000 per transaction.
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the First Advance Estimates (FAE) of National Income for FY22 that was released in January 2022?
A) The Ministry of Finance released the FAE of National Income at both Constant & Current Prices for FY22.
B) The growth in real Gross Domestic Product (GDP) or GDP at Constant Prices stood at 9.2% in FY22.
C) Per capita net national income in real terms is estimated to be Rs 1,07,589 crore in FY22, higher than Rs 1,06,975 crore in FY20.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Both A & B
5) Both B & CAnswer-2) Only B
The National Statistical Office (NSO), Ministry of statistics and planning implementation (MOSPI) released the FAE of National Income at both Constant (2011-12) and Current Prices for FY22.
i. The growth in real Gross Domestic Product (GDP) or GDP at Constant Prices stood at 9.2% in FY22.
ii. Per capita net national income in real terms is estimated to be Rs 1,06,975 crore in FY22, lower than Rs 1,07,589 crore in FY20.
- As per IHS Markit Ltd report (in Jan’22), _________ will become Asia’s second-largest economy by 2030 by overtaking Japan.
4) Hong Kong
5) South KoreaAnswer-3) India
In accordance with IHS Markit Ltd report, India will overtake Japan as Asia’s second-largest economy by 2030. India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is also projected to surpass that of Germany and the United Kingdom (UK) to rank as world’s No.3.
i. Currently, India is the sixth-largest economy in the world, behind the United States (US), China, Japan, Germany and the UK.
ii. India’s nominal GDP measured in USD terms projected an increase from $2.7 trillion in 2021 to $8.4 trillion by 2030.
- Which state won the 1st Prize in the ‘3rd National Water Awards-2020’ under Best State category?
1) Uttar Pradesh
5) Tamil NaduAnswer-1) Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh (UP) has been awarded first prize in the Best State category in 3rd National Water Awards-2020.
i. The award was announced by Union Minister of Jal Shakti Gajendra Singh Shekhawat.
ii. Uttar Pradesh was followed by Rajasthan and Tamil Nadu (TN).
iii. Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh received the best district award in the northern zone followed by Shahid Bhagat Singh Nagar in Punjab.
- Where will All India Sports Council of the Deaf (AISCD) host the 1st World Deaf T20 Cricket Championship in January 2023?
1) Guwahati, Assam
2) Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
3) Jaipur, Rajasthan
4) Bangalore, Karnataka
5) Coimbatore, Tamil NaduAnswer- 2) Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
The International Committee of Sports for the Deaf (ICSD) gave the approval to All India Sports Council of the Deaf (AISCD) to host the 1st World Deaf T20 Cricket Championship in Kerala from January 10 to 20, 2023.
i. The World Deaf T20 cricket championship will be organized in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, where it is expected to see participants from 8 countries.
ii. This championship was planned to be conducted in 2020, moved to 2023 due to COVID outbreak.
- Which state government recently (in Jan’22) signed an MoU with National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) to set up a ‘Rs.2000 Crore Dairy Joint venture’?
4) Tamil Nadu
5) GujaratAnswer-2) Assam
The Assam Government signed an MoU with National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) for holistic dairy development to set up a Joint venture (JV) worth Rs.2000 Crore which aims at processing 10 Lakh liters of milk through 6 new milk processing units in 7 years.
i. The JV will be guided, monitored and mentored by NDDB.
Purabi Dairy expansion project is launched under World Bank-funded Assam Agribusiness & Rural Transportation Project (APART) which would increase its production capacity from 60 to 150 thousand liters per day (TLPD).
- Which state’s Forest Department recently (in Jan’22) launched its 1st Mobile app called ‘Urban Forest Parks’ to provide information about urban parks & forest areas?
1) Andhra Pradesh
5) AssamAnswer-3) Telangana
The Forest Department of Telangana launched 1st of its Kind mobile app namely ‘Urban Forest Parks’ that gives all information about theme based Urban Forest Parks and facilitates the visitors to plan their visits and journey.
i. It was launched by the state’s Forest Minister Allola Indrakaran Reddy.
ii. It is developed by PamTen Software Solutions Private Limited.