AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 9 & 10 April 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
Our Current Affairs December 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- The Ministry of Finance marked the _______ anniversary of the launch of the Pradhan Mantri MUDRA (Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency) Yojana (PMMY) on 8th April 2023.
5) 6thAnswer-4) 8th
8th April 2023, the Ministry of Finance marked the 8th anniversary of the launch of the Pradhan Mantri MUDRA (Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency) Yojana (PMMY).
• PMMY was launched on 8th April 2015 by Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi in New Delhi, Delhi.
i. Aim of PMMY: To facilitate easy collateral-free micro-credit of up to Rs 10 lakh to non-corporate, non-farm small and micro-entrepreneurs for income-generating activities.
- In April 2023, Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports, Anurag Singh Thakur announced that the Sports Authority of India (SAI) has integrated the Khelo India sports certificate with Digilocker.
Which Ministry’s flagship initiative is DigiLocker, under the Digital India Programme?
1) Ministry of Home Affairs
2) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
3) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
4) Ministry of Science and Technology
5) Ministry of Information and BroadcastingAnswer-3) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
Anurag Singh Thakur, Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports, announced that the Sports Authority of India (SAI), the apex national sports body of India, has integrated the Khelo India sports certificate with Digilocker.
i. This will allow the athletes of the Khelo India Youth Games and other stakeholders to access their certificates of merits and participation from the Khelo India Youth Games 2022 in Madhya Pradesh onwards.
ii. DigiLocker is a flagship initiative of the Ministry of Electronics & IT (MeitY) under the Digital India Programme. It is a secure cloud-based platform for storage that enables easy sharing and verification of documents & certificates.
- According to a survey published by the global magazine ‘Time Out’ in April 2023, which Indian city has ranked 19th in the list of ‘Best public transport in the world 2023‘?
1) Mumbai, Maharashtra
2) New Delhi, Delhi
3) Bengaluru, Karnataka
4) Hyderabad, Telangana
5) Chennai, Tamil NaduAnswer-1) Mumbai, Maharashtra
According to a survey published by London (United Kingdom) based global magazine ‘Time Out’, India’s Financial Capital Mumbai (Maharashtra) was ranked 19th in the list of ‘Best public transport in the world 2023‘.
• Mumbai is the only Indian city to feature in the list.
i. The list is topped by Germany’s Berlin with the best public transport system globally. It has the most reliable, safe, and comfortable public transport network, followed by Prague, Czech Republic (2nd rank) and Tokyo, Japan (3rd rank).
- In April 2023, India presented ________ to the United Nations Trust Fund in support of the African Union Transition Mission in Somalia (ATMIS).
1) USD 1 million
2) USD 3 million
3) USD 5 million
4) USD 6 million
5) USD 2 millionAnswer-5) USD 2 million
Ruchira Kamboj, India’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations (UN), presented USD 2 million to the United Nations Trust Fund in support of the African Union Transition Mission in Somalia (ATMIS).
• With this grant, the Government of India (GoI) reaffirms its dedication to promoting peace and stability in Somalia and the Horn of Africa.
i. ATMIS was founded on April 1, 2022, in accordance with Security Council decision 2628 (2022) and African Union Peace and Security Council Communique 1068 of March 8, 2022.
• Objective: To assist in the implementation of the Somali Transitional Plan in order to fully transfer security responsibilities to the Somali security forces and institutions by the end of 2024.
- Which company has recently (in April ‘23) won the contract from the United Kingdom (UK) Ministry of Defence (MOD) for the supply of spares, consumables and accessories for the Land Rover Wolf Platform?
1) Container Corporation Of India
2) Aegis Logistics Ltd
3) Blue Dart Express Ltd
4) TVS Supply Chain Solutions
5) Mahindra Logistics LtdAnswer-4) TVS Supply Chain Solutions
TVS Supply Chain Solutions (TVS SCS), a part of TVS Mobility Group, won the contract from the United Kingdom (UK) Ministry of Defence (MOD), acting through its agent, Babcock Land Defence Ltd, for the supply of spares, consumables and accessories for the Land Rover Wolf Platform.
i. Under this contract for 2 plus 1 year, TVS SCS will use its accredited inventory management, procurement and supply chain expertise to ensure the optimum availability of spares for this legacy vehicle platform.
- Name the Indian actor who has recently (in April ‘23) won the 2023 TIME100 Reader Poll.
1) Akshay Kumar
2) Shah Rukh Khan
3) Amitabh Bachchan
4) Ranbir Kapoor
5) Ranveer SinghAnswer-2) Shah Rukh Khan
India’s Bollywood Actor Shah Rukh Khan won the 2023 TIME100 Reader Poll, the 100th edition of TIME’s readers poll in which readers voted for the individuals/groups that they think deserve a spot on the Time’s annual list of the most influential people.
i. Shah Rukh Khan topped the list by receiving around 4% of the vote after more than 1.2 million votes were cast.
• At the 2nd place there are Iranian women protesting for more freedom in Iran’s Islamic regime. They garnered 3% of the vote.
• With 1.9 percent vote share, Prince Harry and his wife Meghan, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, each of whom earned about 1.9% of the vote, came third and fourth on the poll and Argentine Footballer Lionel Messi, stands 5th with 1.8% of the votes.
ii. Editors of the TIME magazine will reveal their choices for the 2023 TIME100 list on April 13, 2023.
- In April 2023, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) handed over the 100th ___________ Repair and Overhaul (ROH) aircraft to the Indian Air Force (IAF).
1) Ilyushin Il-78
2) Mikoyan MiG-29
3) Sukhoi Su-30 MKI
4) LCA Tejas Mk-1A
5) Boeing C-17 Globemaster IIIAnswer-3) Sukhoi Su-30 MKI
The Defence Secretary, Giridhar Aramane, inaugurated the third LCA (Light Combat Aircraft) production line of Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) and handed over the 100th Sukhoi Su-30 MKI Repair and Overhaul (ROH) aircraft to the Indian Air Force (IAF) at HAL’s Nashik Division in Nasik, Maharashtra.
i. The Signal Out Certificate (SOC) of the 100th ROH aircraft was handed over by Saket Chaturvedi, CEO (MiG Complex), HAL, to Air Vice Marshal Sarin in the presence of HAL CMD C.B.Ananthakrishnan and other senior officials.
ii. The new production line will enable HAL to enhance LCA MK1A ‘Tejas’ Fighter jets production capacity from 16 to 24 aircraft per year.
• HAL already operates two LCA manufacturing facilities in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- From which Indian Naval Ship (INS), the Extended Range Anti-Submarine Rocket (ER-ASR) designed by two Pune based facilities of the DRDO, were successfully test-fired for the 1st time in April 2023?
1) INS Vikrant
2) INS Chennai
3) INS Mormugao
4) INS Visakhapatnam
5) INS VikramadityaAnswer-2) INS Chennai
Extended Range Anti Submarine Rocket (ER-ASR) designed by two Pune (Maharashtra)-based facilities of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) were successfully test-fired for the 1st time from the Indian Naval Ship (INS) Chennai.
• The ER-ASR was designed and developed by The Armament Research and Development Establishment (ARDE) and the High Energy Materials Research Laboratory (HEMRL) – DRDO facilities located in Pune, Maharashtra.
i. The ER-ASR is intended to replace the existing Russian-origin Rocket Guided Bombs (RGBs) rockets already installed on ships, as well as to intercept submarines at specific depths.
• The RGB has a range of 5 kilometers, whereas the ER-ASR has a range of more than 8 kilometres.
- In April 2023, a team of 80 international astronomers from 10 countries detected 4 oldest galaxies in the known universe using _____________ (Space Telescope).
1) James Webb Space Telescope
2) Kepler space Telescope
3) Fermi Gamma-ray Space Telescope
4) Spitzer Space Telescope
5) Hubble Space TelescopeAnswer-1) James Webb Space Telescope
According to the papers published in the journal “Nature”, a team of 80 international astronomers from 10 countries have detected 4 oldest galaxies in the known universe using the James Webb Space Telescope (JWST).
i. The observations were part of the JWST Advanced Deep Extragalactic Survey (JADES), which gets just over one month of the telescope’s time spread over two years, and is designed to provide a view of the early universe unprecedented in both depth and detail.
ii. The light from the 4 galaxies took more than 13.4 billion years to reach Webb located nearly 15 lakh kilometers away from Earth.
- When was the International Romani Day 2023 observed across the globe?
1) 7th April 2023
2) 9th April 2023
3) 5th April 2023
4) 8th April 2023
5) 6th April 2023Answer-4) 8th April 2023
International Romani Day 2023 was observed across the globe on 8th April 2023 to celebrate Romani culture and create awareness about the difficulties faced by the Romani community across the globe.
i. Romani colloquially known as the Roma, are an Indo-Aryan ethnic group and traditionally nomadic itinerants.
ii. Romani are the minority group who are known as gitanos in Spain, as gitan in France, as Tsingani in Central and Eastern Europe, and by several names across Scandinavia that translate as “Travelers.”
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification