AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 8 October 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- New Medical package related to treatment of ________ was included in the revised Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY) launched by the National Health Authority in October 2021.
1) Organ Transplants
2) Black Fungus
3) Fertility Treatment
4) Drug Rehabilitation
5) Cosmetic Treatments
Answer-2) Black Fungus
The National Health Authority (NHA) revised the Health Benefit Package (HBP 2.2) of Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY) under which the rate of around 400 procedures increased by 20% to 400%. This revision saw an addition of a new medical package related to black fungus management.
i. Launched in 2018, It aims to provide free and cashless healthcare services up to Rs 5 lakh per family per year.
- In October 2021, Productivity Linked Bonus (PLB) for FY 2020-21 was approved by the Government of India for the employees of which organization?
1) Life Insurance Corporation of India
2) Air India Limited
3) Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
4) Indian Railways
5) Indian Tourism Development Corporation
Answer-4) Indian Railways
Cabinet approved the Productivity Linked Bonus (PLB) for FY 2020-21. It is for all eligible non-gazetted Railway employees excluding RPF (Railway Protection Force) /RPSF (Railway Protection Special Force) personnel. The outlay of this PLB is estimated to be Rs 17,951 for 78 days with a ceiling of Rs.7000/- p.m.
- Who was recently (in Oct’ 21) appointed as the Brand Ambassador of India’s leading smart wearable brand ‘Fire-Boltt’?
1) Mirabai Chanu
2) Ranveer Singh
3) MS Dhoni
4) Kiara Advani
5) Virat Kohli
Answer-5) Virat Kohli
Fire-Boltt, India’s leading smart wearable brand, appointed Indian cricketer Virat Kohli as its brand ambassador. National award winning Bollywood Actor, Vicky Kaushal, was appointed as the first ever brand ambassador of Fire-Boltt.
- Which Organization recently (in oct’ 21) signed an MoU with a French energy company, ‘Électricité de France’ (EDF) for Cooperation in International Power Project?
1) NHPC Limited
2) Tata Power
3) Coal India
4) NTPC Limited
5) Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
Answer-4) NTPC Limited
NTPC Limited (National Thermal Power Corporation Limited), signed an MoU with the Électricité de France(EDF), a French energy company, for cooperation in the development of International Power Projects in the Middle East, Asia, Europe and Africa.
- In October 2021, 5th edition of India-Japan Maritime Bilateral Exercise, ‘JIMEX 2021’ was held in ________ that saw the participation of _______ along with INS Teg from the Indian side.
1) Indian Ocean; INS Kochi
2) Indian Ocean; INS Viraat
3) Pacific Ocean; INS Kochi
4) Arabian Sea; INS Viraat
5) Arabian Sea; INS Kochi
Answer-5) Arabian Sea; INS Kochi
The 5th edition of India-Japan Maritime Bilateral Exercise, ‘JIMEX 2021’ between Indian Navy (IN) and the Japan Maritime Self-Defence Force (JMSDF) is being held in Arabian Sea. It was represented by indigenously built INS (Indian Naval Ship) Kochi and Guided Missile Frigate Teg.
i. Apart from JIMEX, India-Japan also conducts Dharma Guardian Military Exercise between the armies of both countries.
- What was India’s GDP rate projected for FY22, in the World Bank’s report titled ‘Shifting Gears: Digitization and Services-Led Development’ released in October 2021?
The World Bank released its report on South Asia Economic Focus titled ‘Shifting Gears: Digitization and Services-Led Development’ and unchanged India’s GDP growth forecast for FY22 to 8.3% from its earlier estimate in June 2021.
- Name the country that won all 8 ‘Hockey Star Awards’ for the 1st time in the history of the International Hockey Federation.
For the first time ever, India swept all eight 2021 International Hockey Federation’s (FIH) annual Hockey Star Awards with drag-flickers Harmanpreet Singh and Gurjit Kaur claiming the Player of the Year honours in men and women.
- What was the wealth of Mukesh Amanai (as of Oct’ 21) who retained the top position in the list of ‘Forbes India Rich List 2021’ for the 14th consecutive time?
1) USD 74.8 billion
2) USD 92.7 billion
3) USD 99.2 billion
4) USD 110.1 billion
5) USD 125.6 billion
Answer-2) USD 92.7 billion
The Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) Managing Director (MD) and Chairman Mukesh Ambani with net worth of USD 92.7 billion retained the top position in the list of Forbes India Rich List 2021 for the 14th year in a row.
• 2nd Position- Gautam Adani (Adani Group)
• 3rd Position- Shiv Nadar (HCL technologies)
- Name the person(s) who won ‘2021 Global Leadership Humanitarian Awards’, presented by US India Business Council (USIBC), along with Microsoft’s President Brad Smith.
1) Julie Sweet
2) Arvind Krishna
3) Shiv Nadar
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 2 & 3
Answer-4) Both 1 & 2
The United States(US)-India Business Council (USIBC) presented the 2021 Global Leadership Humanitarian Awards to Julie Sweet, CEO and Chair of Accenture; Arvind Krishna, Chairman and CEO of IBM; and Brad Smith, President and Vice-Chair of Microsoft.
i. USIBC 2021 Global Leadership Award was given to Shiv Nadar (HCL Technologies) and Mallika Srinivasan, CMD of Tractors and Farm Equipment Limited (TAFE).
- Who won the 2021’s Nobel Prize in Literature?
1) Bob Dylan
2) Peter Handke
3) Abdulrazak Gurnah
4) Rudyard Kipling
5) Louise Glück
Answer-3) Abdulrazak Gurnah
The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences awarded the 2021 Nobel Prize in Literature to Abdulrazak Gurnah, a Tanzanian novelist based in the United Kingdom for his works on the effects of colonialism and fate of the refugee in the gulf between cultures and continents.
i. He published his debut novel titled “Memory of Departure” in 1987.