AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 8 July 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2022 updates.
- Name the company that recently (in July’22) signed an MoU with NTPC Renewable Energy Limited (NTPC REL) to set up India’s 1st commercial-scale Green Ammonia and Green Methanol projects.
1) India Glycols Ltd.
2) Pidilite Industries Ltd.
3) United Phosphorus Ltd.
4) Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals Ltd.
5) Tata Chemicals Ltd.Answer- 4) Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals Ltd.
NTPC Renewable Energy Limited (NTPC REL), a wholly owned subsidiary of NTPC Limited, signed an MoU with Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals Limited (GACL) to set up India’s first commercial-scale Green Ammonia and Green Methanol projects.
i. The MoU envisions cooperation in the domains of Renewable Energy (RE), Green Methanol, and Green Ammonia, as well as mutually exploring the opportunities for the supply of 100 MW (megawatts) of RE -RTC (Round The Clock) power.
- Which of the following banks was recently (in July’22) got approval from the Ministry of Defence for Overseas Procurement in Financial Service?
1) Axis Bank
2) HDFC Bank
3) ICICI Bank
4) Only 1 & 3
5) All 1, 2 & 3Answer-5) All 1, 2 & 3
For the first time, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) has entrusted 3 private sector banks—HDFC Bank Ltd., ICICI Bank, and Axis Bank Ltd.—to provide financial services such as Letter of Credit (LoC) and Direct Bank Transfer operations for overseas procurement. The authorization is in line with the Department of Financial Services, MoD, extending the allocation of government business to private sector banks.
i. A Letter of Credit (LC) transaction of Rs 2000 crore may be granted to the selected banks concurrently for a year on both the capital and revenue sides (Rs. 666 Crore for each bank under both capital as well as revenue).
- Which bank recently (in July’22) renewed the MoU with the Indian Air Force (IAF) for the Defence Salary Package (DSP) scheme?
1) HDFC Bank
2) IndusInd Bank
3) YES Bank
4) ICICI Bank
5) State Bank of IndiaAnswer-5) State Bank of India
State Bank of India (SBI) renewed the MoU with the Indian Air Force (IAF) for the Defence Salary Package (DSP) scheme.
i. The DSP scheme offers various benefits and features such as complimentary personal accidental insurance, air accidental insurance, and additional cover in case of on-duty death to all serving and retired Air Force personnel and their families.
ii. State Bank of India (SBI) has also signed a non-financial Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Samunnati, an agri finance company for financing farmer producer organizations (FPOs) with an initial outlay of Rs. 100 crores.
- Name the life insurance company that recently (in July 22) launched industry-first QR Code Enabled Services to help customers self-service.
1) Aviva Life Insurance
2) Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
3) Bharti AXA Life Insurance
4) Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance
5) Edelweiss Tokio Life InsuranceAnswer- 2) Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance, one of India’s leading private life insurers, has launched Industry-first QR Code Enabled Services to help the customer’s self-service their needs offering immediate closure of their requirements.
i. The QR-Code Enabled service is available across all 509 branches of Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance and provides a unique digital self-service feature to Customers access to 15 services on the phone.
ii. The Pune based Bajaj Allianz Life which began operations in 2001 as a joint venture between Bajaj Finserve and the German financial services major Allianz, serves millions of customers through its 509 branches and over 96,000 agents.
- Name the company that recently (in July’22) won a multi-year contract from the National Insurance Company Limited (NICL) to accelerate digital transformation.
1) HCL Technologies
4) Tata Consultancy Services
5) InfosysAnswer-3) Cognizant
The US-based Information Technology (IT) company, Cognizant has been selected as a strategic technology provider by public sector general insurance company, National Insurance Company Limited (NICL), to accelerate and help manage its digital transformation.
i. NICL has awarded a multi-year contract to Cognizant to elevate its technology roadmap, help manage its centralised web-based core insurance solution consisting of multiple applications, underlying technology infrastructure and security, and provide consulting services, among others.
- Which of the following personalities are ‘Not’ nominated (in July’22) to the Rajya Sabha in the category of eminent persons by the President of India?
1) Hema Malini
3) P. T. Usha
4) Viswa Vijayendra Prasad
5) Veerendra HeggadeAnswer-1) Hema Malini
The Music maestro Ilaiyaraaja, sports icon Pilavullakandi Thekkeparambil Usha (P. T. Usha), acclaimed screenwriter Koduri Viswa Vijayendra Prasad and philanthropist and spiritual leader Veerendra Heggade were nominated to the Rajya Sabha. All these newcomers belong to Southern States.
i. Out of 12 seats which were nominated by the President, under Article 80(3) of the Constitution, on the recommendation of the Government, seven seats are currently vacant, of which four have now been filled.
ii. There are 245 members in Rajya Sabha. Of these, 233 members are elected, and 12 are nominated by the President on the recommendation of the Government.
- Mohammad Sanusi Barkindo recently (in July’22) passed away. He is the Secretary-General of which organisation?
1) Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries
2) World Bank
3) Association of Southeast Asian Nations
4) World Trade Organization
5) Organisation for Economic Co-operation and DevelopmentAnswer-1) Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries
The Secretary-General of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) , Mohammad Sanusi Barkindo passed away at the age of 63 years in Abuja, Nigeria.
i. He was steering OPEC as the group entered into an agreement known as OPEC+. His term as Secretary General ends on 31 July 2022.
ii. He served as the Acting Secretary General of OPEC in 2006 and also represented Nigeria in OPEC’s Economic Commission Board from 1993 to 2008. He led the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) from 2009 to 2010.
iii. In 2016 he was appointed as the Secretary General of OPEC. He was awarded a distinguished fellowship at the Atlantic Council and set to begin upon the completion of his term at OPEC on July 31 2022.
- The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization(UNESCO) celebrated the 1st ever World Kiswahili Language Day on _______ with the theme of “Kiswahili for peace and prosperity”.
1) 6th July 2022
2) 8th July 2022
3) 5th July 2022
4) 7th July 2022
5) 4th July 2022Answer-4) 7th July 2022
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) celebrated the first ever World Kiswahili Language Day on 7th July 2022 with the theme of “Kiswahili for peace and prosperity”.
i. World Kiswahili Language Day will be annually observed across the globe on 7th July to recognise Kiswahili, one of the most widely spoken languages in Africa and the only African language within the Directorate of the Global Communications at the United Nations(UN).
Note- Kiswahili is the first African Language to have this honour.
- Which state/UT recently launched the “Mission Kushal Karmi”, a 15-day programme to provide skill development training for construction workers?
2) Madhya Pradesh
3) Uttar Pradesh
5) Jammu and KashmirAnswer-4) Delhi
The Delhi government launched the ’Mission Kushal Karmi’, a 15-day programme to provide skill development training for construction workers registered with the Delhi Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board.
i. It aims to train 200,000 workers in a year under the programme and to provide industry-based skills training to boost their income.
- Name the state government that recently (in July’22) appointed Vijay Kumar Janjua as the new Chief Secretary (CS).
4) West Bengal
5) OdishaAnswer- 1) Punjab
The government of Punjab appointed Vijay Kumar Janjua as the new Chief Secretary (CS). He succeeded Anirudh Tewari.
i. Anirudh Tewari is now appointed as Director General, Mahatma Gandhi State Institute of Public Administration (MGSIPA) by replacing Jaspreet Talwar in Chandigarh, Punjab.
ii. Gaurav Yadav, Indian Police Service (IPS) officer of the 1992 Punjab batch was also appointed as Punjab’s Director General of Police (DGP) on additional charge.