AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 8 July 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In July 2021, the Central Government created the ‘Ministry of Cooperation’ for strengthening Indian Cooperative societies through development of Multi-State Co-operatives (MSCS).
What are the points that are correctly related to the New Ministry?
A) Ministry of Cooperation has been carved out from the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
B) Under Article 77, President of India can approve the formation of New Ministry for administrative purpose, on the demand of the Union Cabinet
C) Formation of ‘Cooperative Societies’ is a Constitutional right under ‘Services under the Union and the States’ of Article 308
1) All A, B & C
2) Only B & C
3) Only A & B
4) Only B
5) Only A
Answer-4) Only B
The Central Government has created a separate ‘Ministry of Cooperation’ to provide a separate administrative, legal and policy framework for strengthening the Co-operative Movement in India.
i.The New Ministry has been carved out from the Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare.
ii.It aims to improve the Ease of doing business for cooperatives and enable development of National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) through Multi-State Co-operatives (MSCS).
iii.The President exercising his powers conferred by Clause (3) of Article 77 of the Constitution approved the formation of a new Ministry.
iv.As per Article 19 (1) (c) of the Constitution, formation of “Cooperative Societies” is one of the fundamental rights of an Indian Citizen.
- In July 2021, President of India gave approval for the formation of “Department of Public Enterprises”. The department comes under the administrative control of which Ministry?
1) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
2) Ministry of MSME
3) Ministry of Heavy Industries
4) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
5) Ministry of Finance
Answer-5) Ministry of Finance
President Ram Nath Kovind approved the formation of ‘Department of Public Enterprises (Lok Udyam Vibhag)’ under the Ministry of Finance. The department was previously a part of under the Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises, now changed to “Ministry of Heavy Industries”
i.12 work areas for DPE includes – Monitoring & evaluating the performance of PSEs, categorization of Central PSEs including the conferring of ‘Ratna’ Status
- In July 2021, _______________ sanctioned a loan worth Rs 28.91 crore under Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF) for construction of a Dental College & Hospital in ___________.
1) SIDBI; Goa
2) NABARD; Gujarat
3) SIDBI; Bihar
4) NABARD; Goa
5) SIDBI; Gujarat
Answer-4) NABARD; Goa
NABARD sanctioned a loan worth Rs 28.91 crore under the Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF) to the Government of Goa for the Construction of Phase II Building of Goa Dental College and Hospital in Bambolim, Goa.
- Which company partnered with FREO to launch 2 new Credit products – “Credit Line” & “High-Ticket Personal Loans”?
1) HDB Financial Services
2) Bajaj Finserv
3) Tata Capital
4) Lendingkart Technologies
5) LoanTap Financial Technologies
Answer-1) HDB Financial Services
FREO, India’s 1st credit-led Neobank, made a partnership with HDB Financial Services (HDBFS), to provide 2 credit products such as a ‘credit line’ and a ‘high-ticket personal loan’ for its customers across multiple cities in India.
High ticket personal loans: Personal loan up to Rs 10 lakh
Credit Line: Enables consumers to get access to credits from anywhere using a smartphone
- Which company partnered with MasterCard to launch the Recurring Payment Interface – ‘MandateHQ’?
Razorpay, in partnership with Mastercard launched a recurring payment interface named ‘MandateHQ’, to support card-issuing banks that wish to enable recurring payments of bills such as mobile, utility, subscription for its customers.
- Who was honoured with 2021’s Humboldt Research Award for Economics?
1) Kaushik Basu
2) Amartya Sen
3) Rajiv Kumar
4) Abhijit Sen
5) Raghuram Rajan
Answer-1) Kaushik Basu
Indian Economist Kaushik Basu has been honoured with the Humboldt Research Award for Economics for 2021 by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation based in Bonn, Germany.
He was the 1st Indian to become the World Bank Chief Economist
- Identify the Mobile app that was launched by the Ministry of Fisheries to provide online courses on freshwater aquaculture techniques:
1) Vannamei Shrimp
4) Matsya Setu
5) eMatsya Sampada
Answer-4) Matsya Setu
Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Giriraj Singh launched an Online Course Mobile App ‘Matsya Setu’ to spread latest freshwater aquaculture technologies to aqua farmers of India.
- Which city will jointly host the AFC Women’s Asia Cup football tournament in 2022 along with Mumbai?
4) Both 1 & 2
5) All 1, 2 & 3
Asian Football Confederation (AFC) has changed the host cities of 2022’s Women’s Asia Cup tournament from the previously selected Bhubaneswar & Ahmedabad to newer venues at Mumbai & Pune both from Maharashtra. This move was taken by AFC to minimise the travel time and maintain an optimum bio-secure bubble for the players.
- In July 2021, Keshav Datt, 2-time Olympic Gold medalist passed away. In which sport did he represent India in the Olympic games?
Keshav Datt, member of 2-time Olympics Gold Medal winning Indian Hockey player passed away at the age of 95. He was part of the 1948 London Olympics Gold medal winning Indian Hockey team and later as Vice-Captain Indian team that won Gold in 1952 Helsinki Olympics.
- Match the following Banks with their respective CEO’s:
i. Indian Overseas Bank a. Dinesh Kumar Khara
ii. HDFC Bank b. Partha Pratim Sengupta
iii. Federal Bank c. Shyam Srinivasan
iv. State Bank of India d. Sashidhar Jagdishan
1) i-a, ii-b, iii-c, iv-d
2) i-b, ii-d, iii-c, iv-a
3) i-d, ii-c, iii-a, iv-b
4) i-b, ii-c, iii-d, iv-a
5) i-d, ii-c, iii-b, iv-a
Answer-2) i-b, ii-d, iii-c, iv-a
Bank CEO Indian Overseas Bank Partha Pratim Sengupta HDFC Bank Sashidhar Jagdishan Federal Bank Shyam Srinivasan State Bank of India Dinesh Kumar Khara