AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 8 July 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- The new administrative building of the Indian Agricultural research Institute at Jharkhand was named after whom?
1) Jawaharlal Nehru
2) Shyama Prasad Mukherjee
3) Lal Bahadur Shastri
4) B. R. Ambedkar
5) Lal Bahadur Shastri
Answer-2) Shyama Prasad Mukherjee
The new administrative and academic building of the Indian Agricultural research Institute (IARI),at Gouria Karma in Hazaribagh, Jharkhand is named after Dr.Shyama Prasad Mukherjee the founder of Bharatiya Jan Sangh, on the event of his birth anniversary.
- Which state government decided to upgrade DehingPatkai Wildlife Sanctuary to National park recently?
The government of Assam has decided to upgrade the 111.942 sq km DehingPatkai Wildlife Sanctuary into a national park, located within the larger DehingPatkai Elephant Reserve, following the National Board of Wildlife’s (NBWL) conditional clearance to a coal mining project by Coal India Limited (CIL) in the 98.59 hectares of DehingPatkai Elephant Reserve.
- How much amount was allocated to Himachal Pradesh by central government for the implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission (for FY21)?
1) 512.80 Crore
2) 815.25 Crore
3) 326.20 Crore
4) 128.96 Crore
5) 239.10 Crore
Answer-3) 326.20 Crore
On 4th July 2020, during a video conference between Union Minister of Jal Shakti, Gajendra Singh Shekhawat and Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh (HP) Jairam Thakur, the Union Government allocated Rs. 326.20 Crore for the effective implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) in Himachal Pradesh for FY 2020-21. Including the state’s share, the total funds available for providing Functional Household Tap Connection (FHTC) is Rs. 371 Crore.
- The Government of Goa plans to provide 100% Functional Household Tap Connection to all rural household by which year?
The government of India has allocated Rs. 12.40 Crore for FY20-21 to Goa on the basis of Annual Action Plan (AAP) presented by the state to the Ministry of Jal Shakti. The funds have been increased from Rs. 3.08 Crore. Goa is planning 100% FHTCs to all rural households by 2021. Out of 2.6 lakh households in the State, 2.29 lakh households have already been provided with FHTC. Goa will be one of first few States to achieve the feat and become 100% ‘Har Ghar Jal’ State.
- Which state government has passed the draft ordinance to reserve 75% of private sector jobs to local people?
The Haryana state Cabinet, under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar, has passed the draft “Haryana State Employment of Local Candidates Ordinance, 2020” to provide 75% reservation for the residents of Haryana in private sector jobs having salary of less than Rs 50,000 per month in companies, Societies, Trusts, Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) Firms, partnership firms etc. situated in Haryana.
- Which state become first in India to achieve 100% LPG connections?
1) Madhya Pradesh
5) Himachal Pradesh
Answer-5) Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh has become the first state in the country where 100% households have liquefied petroleum gas(LPG) connections, announced by Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur while interacting with the beneficiaries of ‘Himachal Grihini Suvidha Yojana’ through video conferencing.
- Name the country which has inaugurated a new school infrastructure developed with the India’s assistance of Rs 1.94 crore.
4) Hong Kong
A new four-storey school building, developed with the Indian assistance of Rs 1.94 crore (Nepalese Rupees (NPR) 31.13 million) under the Nepal-Bharat Maitri Development Cooperation programme has been inaugurated in ShreeSaptmai Gurukul Sanskrit Vidyalaya, located in Ilam district of Nepal to boost the learning environment for students. The project was implemented by the District Coordination Committee (DCC), Ilam.
- Which state has launched “Weavers Samman Yojana”/ “Nekara Samman Yojane”?
2) Uttar Pradesh
5) West Bengal
Chief Minister of Karnataka B.S. Yediyurappa launched “Weavers Samman Yojana (Nekara Samman Yojane)” to provide financial assistance of Rs 2000 for about 19,744 handloom weavers in the state, through Direct Benefit Transfer.
- Which state has launched “Mission Vriksharopan-2020” to plant 25 crore saplings across the state?
2) Uttar Pradesh
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) West Bengal
Answer-2) Uttar Pradesh
Yogi Adityanath, Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh inaugurated “Mission Vriksharopan-2020” in Kukarel Forest, Lucknow, on account of Guru Purnima, under which around 25 crore saplings of medicinal, herbal, environmental, fruit producing, shady, fodder plants of around 201 species will be planted across the state.
- Find the state/UT which launched “IntzaarAap Ka” social media campaign to attract tourists.
1) Madhya Pradesh
3) Jammu & Kashmir
5) Himachal Pradesh
Answer-1) Madhya Pradesh
“IntzaarAap Ka” campaign is started by the Madhya Pradesh Tourism Board(MPTB), over the social media platform in Madhya Pradesh to attract tourists with taglines and the description of the tourism destinations of the State.
- Find the payments bank which has launched ‘Bhavishya’ savings account scheme for minors aged between 10-18 years.
1) India Post Payments Bank
2) Jio Payments Bank
3) Fino Payments Bank
4) Paytm Payments Bank
5) Airtel Payments Bank
Answer-3) Fino Payments Bank
Fino Payments Bank Limited launched ‘Bhavishya‘, a savings account scheme for minors aged between 10-18 years. The subscription-based savings account aims to inculcate banking and saving habits in children.
- Which health insurance company has partnered with Karur Vysya bank for bancassurance?
1) SBI Life Insurance Company
2) Oriental Insurance Company
3) Religare Health Insurance Company
4) Star Health and Allied Insurance Company
5) All the above
Answer-4) Star Health and Allied Insurance Company
Karur Vysya Bank (KVB), a Scheduled Commercial Bank in India has joined hands with Star Health and Allied Insurance Co Ltd for bancassurance (selling of life assurance and other insurance products and services by bank)through which KVB will market wide range health insurance products of the Star Health through its 780 branches.
- Name the bank which has planned to enter into strategic partnership with Google Cloud.
1) HSBC Bank
2) BNP Paribas
3) Deutsche Bank
4) Standard Chartered Bank
5) Bank of China
Answer-3) Deutsche Bank
Deutsche Bank and Google Cloud have proposed to enter into a strategic, multi-year partnership. The partnership focuses on redefining how the bank develops and offers its financial services.
- The Liberty general insurance company launched “Liberty Assure” service recently. Where does the HQ of Liberty general insurance located?
1) New Delhi
The Mumbai headquartered Liberty General Insurance Launches, ‘Liberty Assure’, an Industry first service. The car insurance customers who avail this service, are not required to pay the ‘Compulsory Deductible’ cost for each claim. In addition to this no premium will be charged from the buyers to provide this unique cost-effective feature at the time of raising a claim/loss.
- Name the digital payments company which has entered into partnership with Ola recently.
3) Google Pay
India based ridesharing company; Ola announced that it has entered into a strategic partnership with PhonePe to boost its digital payments experience for its customers.
- The National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB) Signed MoU with ICAR – National Bureau of Plant Genetic Resources (NBPGR) recently. The NMPB functions under which ministry?
1) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
2) Ministry of Science and Technology
3) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
4) Ministry of AYUSH
5) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
Answer-4) Ministry of AYUSH
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between the National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB) under the Ministry of AYUSH and Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) – National Bureau of Plant Genetic Resources (NBPGR) under Department of Agricultural Research and Education to conserve Medicinal and Aromatic Plants Genetic Resources (MAPGRs).
- Who led the central government’s expert Committee on Science, Technology and Innovation Policy 2020 (STIP 2020)?
1) Shruti Singh
2) Rajeev Kumar
3) Harkesh Mittal
4) Amitabh Kant
5) Sijo Kuruvilla
Answer-3) Harkesh Mittal
Sijo Kuruvilla George, the CEO of startup village and founder of Re-think Foundation has been selected as a member of Central Government’s Expert Committee on Science, Technology and Innovation Policy 2020 (STIP 2020), India’s 5th science and technology policy led by Harkesh Mittal, head of the department of Science and Technology.
- Who has been appointed as the 1st chairman of International Financial Services Centre Authority (IFSCA)?
1) Injeti Srinivas
2) Ajay Tyagi
3) Nandhan Nilekani
4) TN Manoharan
5) Usha Thorat
Answer-1) Injeti Srinivas
Government appointed former corporate affairs secretary and IAS officer, Injeti Srinivas as the 1st chairman of the International Financial Services Centre Authority(IFSCA) for a 3 years term. IFSCA regulates all financial services in international financial services centres (IFSCs) in Gandhinagar.
- Name the person who got 3-month extension as the acting chairperson of National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (with effect from June 15).
1) Deepak Jatia
2) Bansi Lal Bhat
3) H. L. Dattu
4) Arvind Saxena
5) SJ Mukhopadhaya
Answer-2) Bansi Lal Bhat
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs(MCA) has extended the term of Justice(Retd.) Bansi Lal Bhat, as the acting chairperson of National Company Law Appellate Tribunal(NCLAT) by 3-month, effective from June 15. He was appointed as acting chairperson on March 15, after Justice SJ Mukhopadhaya completed his term in the office.
- Who has become the 1st India based CEO of UK India Business Council (UKIBC)?
1) Balram Bhargava
2) Vikram Plaha
4) Kishore Jayaraman
5) Jayant Krishna
Answer-5) Jayant Krishna
UK India Business Council(UKIBC) announced that Jayant Krishna has accepted the Invitation of UKIBC to become the Group’s new Chief Executive Officer(CEO) and became the first India based CEO of UKIBC. He will assume office from 3rd August 2020 succeeding the current CEO Richard Heald (chair elect).
- What is India’s rank in 11th edition of ‘Global Real Estate Transparency Index 2020’ released by US based JLL (UK topped the list)?
According to the 11th edition of the ‘Global Real Estate Transparency Index 2020’, which covers 99 countries and territories and 163 cities, released by US based property consultant Jones Lang LaSalle’s (JLL), India has improved by one place to 34th with a total score of 2.69 under ‘semi-transparent’ zone.Regulatory reforms, better market data and sustainability initiatives led to a one-point improvement in the nation’s ranking.
Rank Country /Territory Score 34th India 2.69 1 United Kingdom 1.31 2 United States 1.35 3 Australia 1.39
- The Indian coast guard has signed MoU with coast guard of which country to boost maritime relationship?
2) Sri Lanka
5) United Kingdom
In order to bolster the comprehensive strategic partnership between India and Indonesia, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed between the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) and Indonesian Coast Guard (Badan KeamananLautRepublik Indonesia).The MoU was signed on ‘Maritime Safety and Security’.
- Name the company which in collaboration with ICMR-NIV developed India’s 1st COVID-19 vaccine ‘COVAXIN’.
1) Indian Immunologicals
3) Bharat Biotech
Answer-3) Bharat Biotech
Bharat Biotech India Ltd(BBIL) in collaboration with the Indian Council of Medical Research(ICMR) – National Institute of Virology(NIV)developed India’s first COVID-19 vaccine – COVAXIN (BBV152 COVID vaccine). The vaccine is developed and manufactured by the BSL-3(Bio Safety Level- 3) high containment facility of BBIL.
- Amit Panghalwho is in news recently is associated with which sport?
The International Boxing Association (AIBA) has released the world rankings 2020 for women’s and men’s boxing, as per which Indian amateur boxer & World championships silver medallist Amit Panghal (24) has been ranked first in the world ranking of men elites of 52 kg weight category with a total of 1300 points. At the same time, Manju Rani has got the second place in women’s rankings in 48 kg with 1175 points.
- The Indian Olympic association adopts new visual identity to celebrate ____ year participation in Olympic games.
On 6th July 2020, to mark the 100th year of Indian participation in the Olympic Games the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) adopted a new visual identity (Logos). The logo celebrates the contribution of the athletes and the officials all over the world towards Team India.
- The Oscar winning composer Ennio Morricone who passed away in July 2020 belongs to which country?
Two times Oscar winner, Ennio Morricone, Italian Composer passed away at the age of 91 in Campus Bio-Medico, a clinic in Rome, Italy, where he was admitted due to a broken femur. He was born on 10th November 1928 in Rome, Italy.
- Name the CM of Maharashtra who launched ‘Maha Jobs Portal’ online platform to provide employment opportunities.
1) Uddhav Thackeray
2) Prithviraj Chavan
3) Ashok Chavan
4) Vilasrao Deshmukh
5) Kamal Nath
Answer-1) Uddhav Thackeray
Maharashtra chief minister Uddhav Thackeray launched the ‘Maha Jobs Portal’an online platform to provide employment opportunities to local residents of the state by connecting job seekers with employers. The people who register at the portal should submit a domicile certificate, which is mandatory. The portal is run by the Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation(MIDC). The portal is a joint venture between the Department of Industries, Department of Labour, and Skill Development-Entrepreneurship of the Government of Maharashtra.
- “Selfscan” is the app developed by Information Technology department of which state?
1) Tamil Nadu
3) Himachal Pradesh
4) West Bengal
Answer-4) West Bengal
MamtaBanergee, The Chief Minister of West Bengal launches “SelfScan” app developed by the state’s Information Technology department as an alternative to Camscanner.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- What is the capital and currency of Indonesia?
1) Thimphu & Ngultrum
2) Jakarta & Rupiah
3) Baghdad & Dinar
4) Nicosia & Euro
5) Tehran & Rial
Answer-2) Jakarta & Rupiah
The capital and currency of Indonesia are Jakarta and Indonesian Rupiah respectively.
- Where does ICAR- National Bureau of Plant Genetic Resources located?
5) New Delhi
Answer-5) New Delhi
The ICAR- National Bureau of Plant Genetic Resources located at New Delhi.
- Where is the HQ of Star Health and Allied Insurancelocated?
3) Navi Mumbai
The HQ of Star Health and Allied Insurance located at Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Where does ICMR – National Institute of Virology (NIV) located?
1) New Delhi
The ICMR – National Institute of Virology(NIV) located at Pune, Maharashtra.
- The Dudhwa National park which is in news recently located at which state?
2) Uttar Pradesh
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) West Bengal
Answer-2) Uttar Pradesh
A picture of the “very rare” Red Coral Kukri snake has created a stir on social media. The snake was spotted in the Dudhwa National Park in Uttar Pradesh’s Lakhimpur Kheriin last week of June 2020.