AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 8 January 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- In January, 2022, The Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) launched ________ food products of One District One Product (ODOP) brands under ____________.
1) 7; PM-Kisan Sampada Yojana
2) 6; PM-Formalization of Micro food processing Enterprises
3) 4; Antyodaya Anna Yojana
4) 4; PM-Kisan Sampada Yojana
5) 6; Antyodaya Anna YojanaAnswer-2) 6; PM Formalization of Micro food processing Enterprises
The Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) launched six food products of One District One Product (ODOP) brands under the Pradhan Mantri Formalisation of Micro food processing Enterprises (PMFME) Scheme at Panchsheel Bhawan, New Delhi.
i. The six food brands are Amrit Phal, Cori Gold, Kashmiri Mantra, Madhu Mantra, Somdana, and Whole Wheat Cookies of Dilli Bakes.
- In which state ‘Losoong festival’ was celebrated (in Jan’22) to mark the beginning of the harvest season?
4) Arunachal Pradesh
5) TripuraAnswer-1) Sikkim
Losoong (Namsoong) is annually celebrated across the Indian State of Sikkim on the 18th day of the 10th month of the Tibetan Lunar Calendar, which also marks the beginning of the harvest season.
i. The losoong festival is celebrated as Sonam Losoong, by the Sikkimese Bhutia and as Namsoong by the Lepchas.
iii. This year, the Losoong (Namsoong) kick starts on 3rd January 2022. The festival is also celebrated in Nepal and Bhutan.
- Which of the following countries recently (in Jan’22) signed a defence treaty called Reciprocal Access Agreement (RAA) to counter china?
1) Sri Lanka
4) Both 1 & 3
5) Both 2 & 3Answer-5) Both 2 & 3
Japan and Australia signed a ‘landmark’ defence treaty named the Reciprocal Access Agreement (RAA) to counter China’s expansionary military and economic policies.
i. The treaty or RAA will enhance the interoperability and cooperation between the two countries.
ii. It is the second deal signed between Japan & Australia after Quadrilateral Security Dialogue (QUAD).
Currency- Japanese Yen
Prime minister – Fumio Kishida
- RBI recently (in Jan’22) increased the threshold limit for Banks to maintain the Liquidity Coverage Ratio on deposits & funds received from non-financial small business customers from Rs 5 crore to ________.
1) Rs. 9 crore
2) Rs. 7.5 crore
3) Rs. 8 crore
4) Rs. 5.5 crore
5) Rs. 6.5 croreAnswer-2) Rs. 7.5 crore
The RBI has increased the threshold limit for Banks to maintain the Liquidity Coverage Ratio (LCR) on deposits and other ‘extension of funds’ received from non-financial small business customers from Rs 5 crore to Rs 7.5 crore (Increased by 50%).
i. Objective: To better align RBI’s guidelines with the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS) standard and enable banks to manage liquidity risk more effectively.
ii. The threshold limit will be applicable to all Commercial Banks other than Regional Rural Banks, Local Area Banks, and Payments Banks.
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the recent (in Jan’22) IRDAI steps towards Motor, Property Insurances & surety Norms?
A) IRDAI set up motor insurance & Property Insurances in ‘Institute of Insurance & Risk Management (IIRM) & National Insurance Academy (NIA) to promote loss prevention in the insurance Industry.
B) New Surety norms – IRDAI (Surety Insurance Contracts) Guidelines, 2022 was set up by IRDAI under the section 14 (2) (i) of IRDA Act, 1999.
C) IRDAI also decided to form an advisory committee under the chairmanship of the NIA director to develop standard survey/inspection.
1) All A, B & C
2) Only A
3) Only B
4) Only A & C
5) Only B & CAnswer-1) All A, B & C
IRDAI set up motor insurance & Property Insurances in ‘Institute of Insurance & Risk Management (IIRM) & National Insurance Academy (NIA) to promote loss prevention in the insurance Industry.
i. IRDAI (Surety Insurance Contracts) Guidelines, 2022 was set up by IRDAI under the section 14 (2) (i) of IRDA Act, 1999.
ii. IRDAI also decided to form an advisory committee under the chairmanship of the NIA director to develop standard survey/inspection.
- Which of the following Payment Banks recently (in Jan’22) partnered with Park+ to offer FASTag-based smart parking solutions?
1) Paytm Payments Bank
2) Jio Payments Bank
3) Airtel Payments Bank
4) Fino Payments Bank
5) India Post Payments BankAnswer-3) Airtel Payments Bank
Airtel Payments Bank and Park+ have collaborated to offer FASTag-based smart parking solutions to marquee commercial and residential properties across India. This partnership will utilize the reach of Airtel Payments Bank to digitize the parking ecosystem using FASTag associated with the vehicle.
About Airtel Payments Bank:
CEO and MD– Anubrata Biswas
Headquarters– New Delhi, Delhi
- In January 2022, __________ was appointed as new secretary general (SG) of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) for _________ Terms.
1) Bolat Nurgaliyev; 3 years
2) Vladimir Norov; 5 years
3) Zhang Ming; 3 years
4) Vladimir Norov; 2 years
5) Zhang Ming; 5 yearsAnswer-3) Zhang Ming; 3 Years
The senior Chinese diplomat, Zhang Ming was appointed as the new secretary general (SG) of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO). Zhang Ming succeeded the former diplomat from Uzbekistan, Vladimir Norov, who completed his term on 31st December 2021.
i. Zhang Ming will hold the post of SG of the SCO for a term of 3 years.
- Who was recently (in Jan’22) appointed as the ‘Ambassador of the All Women Match Official Team’ by Legends League Cricket (LLC)?
1) Jhulan Goswami
2) Deepti Sharma
3) Smriti Mandhana
4) Mithali Raj
5) Harmanpreet KaurAnswer-1) Jhulan Goswami
Legends League Cricket (LLC) appointed Jhulan Goswami as an Ambassador to its All Women Match Official Team to promote Women’s Empowerment initiatives of the LLC and to increase participation of women in cricket.
i. The LLC set up an All Women Match Official Team for the League. This is the first of its all women official teams that would officiate an entire men’s league.
ii. The All Women Match Official Team will have female umpires and match referees from all across the world.
- Who recently (in Jan’22) won the ‘World Rapid Chess Champion of 2021’?
1) Ian Nepomniachtchi
2) Magnus Carlsen
3) Nihal Sarin
4) Nodirbek Abdusattorov
5) Alireza FirouzjaAnswer-4) Nodirbek Abdusattorov
Nodirbek Abdusattorov, from Uzbekistan, won the World Rapid Chess Champion of 2021 by defeating Ian Nepomniachtchi (Russia) in a tiebreaker and dethroning Magnus Carlsen, the current World Number 1.
i. The Uzbeki Grand Master (GM), received the Mard Uglon (“Brave Son”) Presidential medal.
ii. Abdussatorov’s first success was the 2012 World Youth Championships Under-8 division, in which he won.
iii. Abdusattorov has ranked as high as fourth in the world for juniors at standard time controls, and as of January 2022 is the overall second-best ranked player in Uzbekistan.
- The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) celebrated its 75th Foundation Day on _______________.
1) 2nd January 2022
2) 5th January 2022
3) 6th January 2022
4) 3rd January 2022
5) 4th January 2022Answer- 3) 6th January 2022
The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) annually celebrates the BIS Foundation Day on 6th January. 6th January 2022 marks the observance of the 75th BIS Foundation Day.
i. The BIS foundation day commemorates the day on which BIS came into existence as the Indian Standards Institution (ISI) (6th January 1947).
ii. The Indian Standards Institution (ISI) was established on 6th January 1947 and in June 1947 Dr Lal C. Verman took over as its first Director of ISI.
iii. The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) Act 2016 notified on 22nd March 2016, which came into force on 12th October 2017, established BIS as the National Standards Body of India.