AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 8 January 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download
- What was the data provided through the LASI Wave-1 Report 2020, India’s 1st and the world’s largest survey of its kind, that was virtually released by Union Minister Harsh Vardhan?
1) Agricultural Survey of India
2) Vaccine Penetration among States
3) Digital Learning in India
4) Ageing Population of India
5) Health Care FacilitiesAnswer-4) Ageing population of India
On January 6, 2021, Union Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoH&FW) virtually released the Longitudinal Ageing Study in India (LASI) Wave-1 Report 2020 based on full–scale national. It is India’s first and the world’s largest survey providing base for designing national and state level programme and policies for ageing population in India. Elderly population is currently growing at around 3% annually, the numbers will triple to 319 million in 2050.
- Which state will be benefited by the “New Industrial Development Scheme-2021” that recently got approval from the CCEA, chaired by PM Modi, in January, 2021?
3) Jammu & Kashmir
5) PunjabAnswer-3) Jammu & Kashmir
On January 6, 2021, the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) chaired by Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi has approved the Central Sector Scheme (CSS) namely “New Industrial Development Scheme for Jammu & Kashmir (J&K IDS, 2021)” for Industrial Development of Jammu & Kashmir (J&K). The information for the same was provided by Lieutenant Governor of J&K during a press conference in Jammu. This is the first time that such kind of development will take place in any Industrial Incentive Scheme of the Government of India (GoI).
- Between which states did the World’s 1st Double Stack Long Haul 1.5 Km Container Train has done its inaugural journey, that was virtually flagged off by PM Modi?
1) Madhya Pradesh – Haryana
2) Gujarat – Maharashtra
3) Punjab – Maharashtra
4) Haryana – Rajasthan
5) West Bengal – PunjabAnswer-4) Haryana – Rajasthan
On January 7, 2021, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi virtually inaugurated the 306-Km long New Rewari in Haryana-New Madar in Rajasthan section of Western Dedicated Freight Corridor (WDFC) & flagged off the World’s 1st Double Stack Long Haul 1.5 Km Container Train hauled by electric traction from Atela in Haryana – Kishangarh in Rajasthan. This operation will have an increased axle load of 25 tonnes. The wagons will carry 4 times more weight compared to the current capacity.
- National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) is set to operationalise India’s 1st Government Sponsored InvIT by March, 2021, What does InvIT stands for?
1) Investment in Information Technology
2) Innovative Infrastructure Technology
3) Investment In Technology
4) Infrastructure Investment Trust
5) Innovative Infrastructure TrustAnswer-4) Infrastructure Investment Trust
National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) is set to operationalise India’s 1st Government Sponsored Infrastructure Investment Trust (InvIT) by March, 2021. Around 5-6 Road Projects worth INR 5, 000 crores have been given in-principle approval for transfer to the InvIT. NHAI aims to mobilise around INR 15,000-20,000 Crore through its maiden InvIT offering. NHAI appointed “B Sriram” as Chairman of its Investment manager company National Highways Infra Investment Managers Pvt Ltd (NHIIMPL).
- The World’s Largest Floating 600 Megawatt (MW) Solar Energy Project is under construction at ________ dam on ________ river in Khandwa district of Madhya Pradesh.
1) Gandhi Sagar Dam, Chambal
2) Omkareshwar dam, Narmada
3) Bansagar Dam, Sone
4) Indira Sagar Dam, Narmada
5) Rajghat Dam, BetwaAnswer-2) Omkareshwar dam, Narmada
The World’s Largest Floating 600 Megawatt (MW) Solar Energy Project which is under construction at Omkareshwar dam on Narmada river in Khandwa district of Madhya Pradesh is set to begin power generation by the year 2022-23. International Finance Corporation, World Bank & Power Grid have granted consent to provide funds for the development of the project. The work of transmission line route survey from the project area to Khandwa substation by power grid will begin by the end of January, 2021.
- Which bank recently signed 2 loan agreements, worth USD 646 mn (Rs 4,736 cr) with Govt of India(GoI) & Govt of Andhra Pradesh(AP), in January, 2021?
1) International Monetary Fund
2) Asian Development Bank
3) European Central Bank
4) New Development Bank
5) World BankAnswer-4) New Development Bank
On January 6, 2021 Govt of India(GoI), Govt of Andhra Pradesh(AP) and New Development Bank (NDB) signed 2 loan agreements, worth USD 646 mn (about Rs 4,736 crore) for 2 projects to upgrade State Highway Network and District Road Network in AP. The Loan amount of USD 323 mn (about Rs 2,368 crore) for each project will be given by NDB. The 2 projects include Andhra Pradesh Roads and Bridges Reconstruction Project and Andhra Pradesh Mandal Connectivity and Rural Connectivity Improvement Project.
- Which Urban Co-operative Bank became the 1st to voluntarily convert into a scheduled commercial bank, under RBI’s ‘Scheme on the voluntary transition of Urban Co-operative Bank(UCB) into a Small Finance Bank’?
1) Shivalik Mercantile Co-operative Bank
2) Punjab and Maharashtra Co-operative Bank
3) Janalaxmi Co-operative Bank
4) Indian Mercantile Co-operative Bank
5) Nasik Merchant’s Co-operative BankAnswer-1) Shivalik Mercantile Co-operative Bank
The Reserve Bank of India(RBI) has issued a scheduled commercial banking license to Shivalik Mercantile Co-operative Bank (SMCB) Ltd to carry on business as a Small Finance Bank(SFB) under its ‘Scheme on voluntary transition of Urban Co-operative Bank(UCB) into a Small Finance Bank’. It is the 1st UCB in India to transit to SFB under the scheme. SMCB is renamed as Shivalik Small Finance Bank (SSFB). The bank expects to commence business as a SFB by April 2021.
- Which organisation recently partnered with ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Co Ltd to launch Term Life Insurance plans on its platform, in January, 2021?
5) PayUAnswer-3) PhonePe
On January 6, 2021 PhonePe in partnership with ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Co Ltd launched Term Life Insurance plans on its platform. This policy can be availed by PhonePe users instantly on PhonePe app through an all-digital process without the need of any health check-ups and paperwork This plan enables PhonePe users to protect their families from financial turmoil in case of an untimely demise of them.
- Who was appointed as the 1st full-time Director of RBI’s the College of Supervisors (CoS)?
1) NS Viswanathan
2) Rabi Narayan Mishra
3) BP Kanungo
4) Raghuram Rajan
5) D. SubbaraoAnswer-2) Rabi Narayan Mishra
On January 6, 2020, the College of Supervisors (CoS), which was set up by Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in May 2020, has now been fully operationalized for effective supervision of the regulated entities. It was functioning in a limited way in virtual mode since May 2020. CoS will have a full-time Director. RBI has appointed Rabi Narayan Mishra, its former Executive Director as the Director of CoS. The Academic Advisory Council (AAC) was Chaired by NS Viswanathan, former Deputy Governor, RBI.
- Who authored the book “India’s 71-Year Test: The Journey to Triumph in Australia”?
1) Ravi Shastri
2) Harsha Bhogle
3) R Kaushik
4) Rajan Bala
5) Ramachandra GuhaAnswer-3) R Kaushik
Ravi Shastri, Former Indian all-rounder and current head coach of Indian Cricket team released a book titled, ‘India’s 71-Year Test: The Journey to Triumph in Australia’ at the Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney, Australia. The book is a Bradman Museum initiative and is authored by R Kaushik, Senior Cricket Journalist. It is published by Churchill Press.