AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 8 February 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
- In February 2023, the GoI constituted an ‘inter-ministerial committee’ to draft a digital competition act within three months.
Who heads the 16-member inter-ministerial committee?
1) Manoj Govil
2) O.P. Vaish
3) Ashish kumar Chauhan
4) G. Mahalingam
5) Sundararaman RamamurthyAnswer-1) Manoj Govil
The Government of India (GoI) constituted a 16-member inter-ministerial committee to analyse the need for a separate law for competition in the digital market and to draft a digital competition act within three months.
i. The inter-ministerial committee is headed by Manoj Govil, Secretary of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA).
ii. The committee recommended that India identify the small number of leading players and market winners that can negatively influence competitive conduct in the digital ecosystem as “systemically important digital intermediaries (SIDI)” and adopt definitions to ex-ante regulate their behaviour.
- Which company has recently (in Feb ‘23) become India’s First Fintech Platform to support cross-border UPI Payments?
5) FreechargeAnswer-2) PhonePe
PhonePe has launched support for “UPI international” payments, making it India’s first fintech platform to enable cross-border Unified Payments Interface (UPI) payments.
• Indian users of PhonePe can utilize this feature to instantly pay foreign merchants using UPI when they are travelling abroad.
i. UPI International is intended to make transactions safe and simple for millions of Indians travelling abroad.
ii. It supports all international merchant outlets with a local QR (quick response) code in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Singapore, Mauritius, Nepal, and Bhutan.
- Name the Payments Bank that has recently (in Feb ‘23) launched BizKhataa, a current account with unlimited transactions for small merchants and business partners in India.
1) Airtel Payments Bank
2) Paytm Payments Bank
3) Fino Payments Bank
4) India Post Payments Bank
5) Jio Payments BankAnswer-1) Airtel Payments Bank
Airtel Payments Bank has announced the launch of BizKhata, a current account with unlimited transactions and instant activation for small merchants and business partners in India.
i. BizKhata by Airtel Payments Bank was created exclusively for small merchants and business owners who utilize savings accounts for business purposes since they cannot meet the minimum balance requirement of their business accounts.
• This current account has no minimum balance requirement.
- Who has recently (in Feb ‘23) received ‘The Hurun Industry Achievement Award 2022’ for remarkable achievements in the world of business?
1) VP Nandakumar
2) Rishad Premji
3) Nandan Nilekani
4) N. S. Raghavan
5) N. R. Narayana MurthyAnswer-1) VP Nandakumar
VP Nandakumar, Managing Director and Chief executive officer (CEO) of Manappuram Finance Limited, received The Hurun Industry Achievement Award 2022 for his remarkable achievements in the world of business.
i. He received the award from Rupert Hoogewerf, Founder & Chairman of Hurun Global, at Hurun India’s award ceremony held in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
ii. The award recognises the contributions of Manappuram Finance in the non-banking finance space.
- In February 2023, K Satyanarayana Raju was appointed as the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of which bank?
1) Union Bank of India
2) Punjab & Sind Bank
3) Canara Bank
4) Bank of India
5) Bank of BarodaAnswer-3) Canara Bank
The Government of India (GoI) appointed K Satyanarayana Raju as Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the state-owned Canara Bank, with immediate effect.
i. K Satyanarayana Raju succeeds L V Prabhakar who resigned from office on 31st December 2022.
ii. K Satyanarayana Raju joined the erstwhile Vijaya Bank in 1988 and has risen to the level of Chief General Manager at the Bank of Baroda (BoB) (Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank were merged with BoB in 2019).
- Who has recently (in Feb ‘23) appointed as the Brand Ambassador of Myntra?
1) Shraddha Kapoor
2) Vicky Kaushal
3) Anushka Sharma
4) Sara Ali Khan
5) Ranbir KapoorAnswer-5) Ranbir Kapoor
Bengaluru (Karnataka)-based Myntra, an Indian fashion e-commerce company owned by Flipkart, has appointed Ranbir Kapoor, an Indian Bollywood actor, as its new Brand Ambassador to endorse men’s fashion wear on the platform.
i. He will feature in a brand campaign titled ‘Be Extraordinary Everyday’ slated to go live shortly alongside Kiara Advani.
ii. Myntra’s association with Kapoor will help the brand tap into his popularity and national appeal.
iii. This strengthens the platform’s ties to India’s film industry and establishes Myntra as the go-to source for the newest in on-trend fashion.
- Name the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) that has recently (in Feb ‘23) signed an MoU with the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) to collaborate on the application of Extended Reality (XR) in the Indian Human Spaceflight Programme (IHSP).
1) IIT Kanpur
2) IIT Delhi
3) IIT Bombay
4) IIT Madras
5) IIT GuwahatiAnswer-4) IIT Madras
Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT Madras) and the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to collaborate on the application of Extended Reality (XR) and other technologies in the Indian Human Spaceflight Programme (IHSP).
i. IIT Madras is set to develop a training module for the Indian Spaceflight Programme using Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), and Mixed Reality (MR).
ii. To advance Research and Development (R&D) in the domain of XR, ISRO would make use of the advanced technologies developed at the recently formed eXperiential Technology Innovation Centre (XTIC) at IIT Madras.
- In February 2023, Indian Navy’s Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) and the MIG29K Fighter Aircraft successfully performed their maiden landing and take-off attempts on which Indian Naval Ship (INS)?
1) INS Viraat
2) INS Vikrant
3) INS Khanderi
4) INS Vikramaditya
5) INS ArihantAnswer-2) INS Vikrant
Indian Navy’s Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) and the MIG29K Fighter Aircraft successfully performed their maiden landing and take-off attempts on the Indian Naval Ship (INS) Vikrant, India’s first Indigenous Aircraft Carrier.
i. The indigenously developed LCA landings were carried out by the pilots of the Indian Navy.
ii. The maiden landing of MIG-29K marks the integration of the fighter aircraft with INS Vikrant.
Note- INS Vikrant was commissioned by Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi on 2nd September 2022. The carrier was built at an estimated cost of Rs 20,000 crore by Cochin Shipyard Limited.
• The 45,000 metric tons vessel is 262 meters (~860 feet) long and around 60 meters (~197 feet) wide.
- Australian Cricketer Aaron James Finch recently (in Feb ’23) announced his retirement from International Cricket.
In which year, Australia won their 1st International Cricket Council (ICC) T20I World Cup under the captaincy of Aaron James Finch?
5) 2022Answer-1) 2021
Aaron James Finch, Australia’s most successful Twenty20 International (T20I) Captain, announced his retirement from International Cricket. Under his captaincy, Australia won their 1st International Cricket Council (ICC) T20I World Cup in 2021 against New Zealand in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE).
i. In 2014, he was named Australia’s T20I captain, replacing George Bailey. He captained Australia in 76 T20Is, more than any other men’s player, leading the team to a maiden ICC Men’s T20 World Cup title in 2021. He has also won an ODI World Cup title with Australia in 2015.
ii. He has played 92 matches in the IPL, scoring 2091 runs at an average of 25.19 and a strike rate of 128.20.
Note- In September 2022, Aaron Finch announced his retirement from the One Day International (ODI), 50-over format.
- What is the theme of Safer Internet Day (SID) 2023 that was observed across the globe on 7th February 2023?
1) An internet we trust: exploring reliability
2) All fun and games? Exploring respect and relationships online
3) Together for a better internet
4) Online rights responsibilities
5) Our Internet, Our ChoiceAnswer-3) Together for a better internet
Safer Internet Day (SID) is annually observed across the globe on the 2nd Day (Tuesday) of the 2nd week of February to raise awareness of emerging online issues and current concerns and to promote the safe and positive use of digital technology for children and young people.
• Safer Internet Day 2023 is observed on 7th February 2023, marking the 20th edition of SID.
i. The theme of SID 2023 is “Together for a better internet”. This has been the campaign slogan of SID since 2019.
ii. The 1st ever Safer Internet Day was observed on 6th February 2004. By then, 14 countries (13 European countries and Australia) celebrated the day.