AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 8 February 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- Which country recently (in Feb ’22) signed an agreement with the Hindustan Engineering and Industries Limited (HEIL) to procure 420 broad gauge wagons from India?
4) Sri Lanka
5) AfghanistanAnswer-1) Bangladesh
Bangladesh Railway has signed an agreement with the Hindustan Engineering and Industries Limited (HEIL), an enterprise of the Hindustan Group, to procure 420 broad gauge wagons from India.
i. The total cost of the agreement is ~Tk 231 crore (Tk – Bangladeshi Taka) (~ Rs 200 crore).
ii. The wagons are procured under the “Rolling Stock Operation Improvement Project” of the Bangladesh Railway, funded by the Government of Bangladesh (GoB) and the Asian Development Bank (ADB).
- In which place did PM Narendra Modi recently (in Feb’22) unveil the world’s 2nd tallest statue in sitting posture, “Statue of Equality” to commemorate Sri Ramanujacharya?
1) Jaipur, Rajasthan
2) Bhubaneswar, Odisha
3) Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
4) Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
5) Hyderabad, TelanganaAnswer-5) Hyderabad, Telangana
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated a 216-foot tall ‘Statue of Equality’ to commemorate Sri Ramanujacharya , an 11th-century Bhakti Saint, at Jeeyar Integrated Vedic Academy (JIVA), in Muchintal, Hyderabad, Telangana.
i. The statue is mounted on a 54-feet high lotus built base building named ‘Bhadra Vedi’ & the statue is made up of Panchaloha, a combination of 5 metals: gold, silver, copper, brass and zinc.
ii. The statue has been conceptualized by Sri Chinna Jeeyar Swamy of Sri Ramanujacharya Ashram & built by Aerosun Corporation.
- In 2021, Asian Development Bank (ADB) provided a record _________ in sovereign lending to India for 17 loans.
1) USD 5.5 billion
2) USD 4.6 billion
3) USD 3.5 billion
4) USD 3.9 billion
5) USD 5.2 billionAnswer-2) USD 4.6 billion
Asian Development Bank (ADB) provided a record USD 4.6 billion in sovereign lending to India in 2021 for 17 loans.
i. This included USD 1.8 billion towards coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic response.
ii. Out of 1.8 billion COVID-19-related assistance, USD 1.5 billion was towards vaccine procurement and USD 300 million was to strengthen primary health care (PHC) in urban areas for future preparedness
- Which Company recently (in Feb’22) partnered with Airtel Payments Bank to offer insurance solutions against cyber crimes?
1) Edelweiss General Insurance
2) Kotak Mahindra General Insurance
3) ICICI Lombard General Insurance
4) SBI General Insurance
5) Bajaj Allianz General InsuranceAnswer-3) ICICI Lombard General Insurance
ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company has partnered with Airtel Payments Bank to offer insurance solutions against cyber crimes and financial fraud to its customers.
i. The cyber insurance solution from ICICI Lombard provides financial protection to customers against potential financial fraud, and the insurance policy provides a 90-day discovery period followed by a 7-day reporting period.
ii. Customers of Airtel Payments Bank can purchase this insurance policy using the ‘Airtel Thanks’ app.
- Who recently (in Feb’22) got appointed as the Head of the Controller General of Accounts (CGA)?
1) J.P.S. Chawla
2) Girraj Prasad Gupta
3) Aruna Makhan
4) Sonali Singh
5) Deepak DasAnswer-4) Sonali Singh
Sonali Singh, Additional Controller General of Accounts, has been appointed as the head of the Controller General of Accounts (CGA), under the Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance.
i. The Ministry of Finance has stated that Sonali Singh shall function as the head of the organization of CGA in the same capacity as Additional CGA with effect from 1st February 2022.
ii. Sonali Singh has been appointed as the CGA following the superannuation of Deepak Das.
- The ISRO-Space Application Centre (SAC) & _____________ recently (in Feb’22) demonstrated Quantum Entanglement using real-time Quantum Key Distribution (QKD).
1) Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
2) Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research
3) Physical Research Laboratory
4) Raman Research Institute
5) Centre for Development of Advanced ComputingAnswer-3) Physical Research Laboratory
Scientists from Ahmedabad-based Space Applications Centre (SAC) and Physical Research Laboratory (PRL) successfully demonstrated quantum entanglement based real time Quantum Key Distribution (QKD), a major step towards satellite-based quantum communication.
i. Space Applications Centre (SAC) is one of the major centers of the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO).
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the ICC U19 Cricket World Cup Tournament 2022?
A) For the fifth time, the Indian U19 team under the captaincy of Yash Dull won the ICC U19 CWC 2022 tournament by defeating England.
B) Indian cricketer Vicky Ostwal won the Player of the Match award for his performance of holding 7 wickets in the Match.
C) Dewald Brevis (South Africa) became the highest run-scorer of the tournament with 506 runs in only six innings, to be named as “Player of the Tournament”.
1) All A, B & C
2) Both B & C
3) Both A & C
4) Only A
5) Only BAnswer-3) Both A & C
For the fifth time, the Indian U19 team under the captaincy of Yash Dull won the ICC U-19 CWC 2022 by defeating England.
i. Raj Bawa (India) won the Player of the Match award & he is the 1st Indian player to take 5-wickets in the finals of all ICC events.
ii. Dewald Brevis (South Africa) became the highest run-scorer of the tournament with 506 runs in only six innings and was named Player of the Tournament.
iii. The Tournament was held at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium in North Sound, Antigua and Barbuda.
- Who was named as the Captain of ICC’s Most Valuable Team of the U-19 World Cup 2022?
1) Yash Dhull (India)
2) Cooper Connolly (Australia)
3) Ackeem Auguste (West Indies)
4) Jacob Bethell (England)
5) Matt Montgomery (South Africa)Answer-1) Yash Dhull (India)
India’s U19 Captain Yash Dhull was named as the Captain of ICC’s ‘Most Valuable Team’ of the U-19 World Cup.
i. ICC released the list of ‘Most Valuable Team’ of the tournament consisting of 12-members.
ii. Three of the 12 players were from the tournament winning Indian side-– Yash Dhull (Captain), Raj Bawa, Vicky Ostwal.
- Awardee of the Bharat Ratna Lata Mangeshkar, also known as the “Nightingale of India”, recently (in Feb’22) passed away.
In which year did she receive the Bharat Ratna award in the field of art?
5) 2007Answer-2) 2001
Legendary Indian singer Lata Mangeshkar passed away at the age of 92 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. She is also famous as the ‘Nightingale of India’.
• Bharat Ratna- 2001 for the contribution to the arts.
• Padma Vibhushan- 1999
• Padma Bhushan- 1969
• Dadasaheb Phalke Award- 1989
• ‘Officier de la Legion d’Honneur’- France’s highest civilian award (Officer of the Legion of Honour)- 2009
Note- Lata Mangeshkar became the second vocalist to receive the Bharat Ratna honour, apart from the late Carnatic singer M S Subbulakshmi.
- What is the Theme of International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation 2022, observed annually on 6th February?
1) End of Female Genital Mutilation
2) Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation
3) Accelerating Investment to End Female Genital Mutilation
4) No Time for Global Inaction: Unite, Fund, & Act to End Female Genital Mutilation.
5) Time to Eradicate the Female Genital MutilationAnswer-3) Accelerating Investment to End Female Genital Mutilation
The UN’s International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation is annually observed across the globe on 6th February to create awareness about the effects of Female Genital Mutilations (FGM) on gender equality and women empowerment.
i. The theme of International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation 2022 is “Accelerating Investment to End Female Genital Mutilation” which was jointly launched by the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) -United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF).