AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 8 December 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- Which Ministry launched the Swachhata Start-Up & Swachh Technology Challenge for Entrepreneurial Skills in the Waste Management Sector?
1) Ministry of Labour and Employment
2) Ministry of Home Affairs
3) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
4) Ministry of Rural Development
5) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban 2.0 (SBM-U 2.0), the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) launched Swachh Technology Challenge for Entrepreneurial Skills in Waste Management Sector that can be further utilised by the Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) in implementing various components of SBM-U 2.0.
• MoHUA will also launch the Swachhata Start-Up Challenge in collaboration with France’s AgenceFrançaise de Développement (AFD). It will be an extension to the Swachh Technology Challenge in January 2022.
- What are the points that are correct with respect to the 21st India-Russia Annual Summit?
A) During the summit both countries’ Ministries hold their 1st 2 + 2 Defence Ministry level Dialogue in New Delhi.
B) Both Nations renewed the military-technical cooperation agreement for another 10 years till 2031 & also signed the deal for Manufacture of AK-203 assault rifles.
C) India & Russia signed 28 MoU’s & set a target of bilateral trade worth 30 billion Dollars by 2025.
1) All A, B & C
2) Only A
3) Only B
4) Only A & B
5) Only B & C
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) All A, B & C
During the summit both Ministries held the 1st 2 + 2 Dialogue & the meeting of the Intergovernmental commission on Military & Military-Technical cooperation.
i. Both Nations renewed the military-technical cooperation agreement for another 10years till 2031 & also signed the deal for Manufacture of AK-203 assault rifles.
ii. India & Russia signed 28 MoU’s & set a target of bilateral trade worth 30 billion Dollars by 2025.
- In December 2021, the Ministry of Environment Forest & Climate Change (MoEFCC) declared the Kazhuveli wetland as the 16th Bird Sanctuary of Which State?
1) Andhra Pradesh
2) Tamil Nadu
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Tamil Nadu
The Kazhuveli wetland situated in Villupuram district of Tamil Nadu has been declared as the 16th Bird Sanctuary by the Minister of Environment Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) and the sanctuary lies adjacent to the Bay of Bengal along the East coast of Tamil Nadu.
• The declaration was made under subsection (1) of section 18 of the Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972.
• The Kazhuveli wetlands is referred to as the 2nd largest Brackish Water Lake in South India, only after Pulicat lake.
- The Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs signed an MoU with ________ India (in Dec’21) to strengthen the waste management sector in India for 5 years under the Swachh Bharat Mission- Urban 2.0.
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) UNDP
The Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) India has signed a MoU to strengthen the waste management sector in India for 5years (2021-26) under the Swachh Bharat Mission- Urban 2.0 (SBM-U 2.0).
• The MoHUA – UNDP model will also utilize digital enablers like Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning to digitize the waste flow and streamline activities in the Swachhata Kendras.
- As per the report ‘Top 100 arms-producing & military services companies, 2020’ by SIPRI, India’s HAL, Indian Ordnance Factories & ___________ ranks among the top 100 manufacturers globally while US’s Lockheed Martin Corp tops.
1) Boeing India Pvt Ltd
2) Electronics Corporation of India Ltd
3) Bharat Electronics Limited
4) BrahMos Aerospace Pvt Ltd
5) Airnetz Aviation Pvt Ltd
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Bharat Electronics Limited
As per the report of Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) titled ‘Top 100 arms-producing and military services companies, 2020’, 3 Indian defence manufactures companies such as Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), Indian Ordnance Factories, and Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) ranks among the top 100 manufacturers globally.
• Out of the top 100 Arms Manufacturing Companies, Companies from India contribute 1.2 percent of total arms sales of companies in the SIPRI Top 100 for 2020.
- In December 2021, RBI Imposed restriction on which bank to limit the withdrawals to upto Rs. 10,000 for customers?
1) Punjab & Maharashtra Co-operative Bank
2) Himachal Pradesh State Cooperative Bank Ltd
3) Ahmednagar Merchant’s Co-operative Bank Ltd
4) Nagar Urban Co-operative Bank Ltd
5) Saraswat Cooperative Bank Ltd
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Nagar Urban Co-operative Bank Ltd
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) imposed several restrictions on Nagar Urban Co-operative Bank Ltd, Ahmednagar, Maharashtra, including restriction on withdrawals upto Rs. 10,000 for customers.
• RBI has issued the directions in the exercise of powers vested in it under subsection (1) of Section 35 A of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 read with Section 56 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 for six months.
- Who became the 1st female president of Honduras in the Presidential election of Honduras in December 2021?
1) Samia Suluhu Hassan
2) Vjosa Osmani
3) Xiomara Castro
4) Nasry Asfura
5) Jeanine Áñez
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Xiomara Castro
Iris Xiomara Castro Sarmiento, a presidential candidate, won the Presidential election of Honduras, after defeating her close competitor, Nasry Asfura in the General Election. She will succeed previous President Juan Orlando Hernandez.
• With this victory, Xiomara Castro became the 1st female president of Honduras.
Currency- Honduran Lempira
Continent- North America
- What are the points that are correct with respect to the T20 Series 2021?
A) The Indian Cricket Team won all the 3 match T20 series against New Zealand that was held in India.
B) New Zealands’ Glenn Phillips surpassed India’s Rohit Sharma to become the top run-scorer in the T20 Internationals format.
C) India’s Rohit Sharma won the Player of the Series for scoring 159-runs from the 3 matches.
2) Only B
3) Only A & B
4) Only A & C
5) All A, B & C
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Only A & C
The Indian Cricket Team won the 3 match T20 series against the New Zealand team.
i. New Zealands’ Martin Guptill surpassed India’s Virat Kohli to become the top run-scorer in the T20 Internationals format.
ii. Rohit Sharma won the Player of the Series for scoring 159-runs from the 3 matches.
- During the Test match series, Ravichandran Ashwin became the ______ Indian to take 300 wickets at home for India & __________ created history in Test Cricket by taking all 10 wickets in a single innings.
1) 3rd; Axar Patel
2) 1st; Ajaz Patel
3) 2nd; Tim Southee
4) 3rd; Tim Southee
5) 2nd; Ajaz Patel
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) 2nd; Ajaz Patel
Ravichandran Ashwin becomes the 2nd Indian to take 300 wickets at home for India while Anil Kumble, with 350 wickets, has the highest wickets at home for India.
i. Ajaz Patel created history by taking all 10-wickets of Indian players in the 1st innings which was played at Mumbai’s Wankhede Stadium.
ii. Shreyas Iyer becomes 1st Indian to score a Century & a Half-century on Test debut with 105-runs on Day 2 to become the 16th Indian to score a century on Test debut.
- Armed Forces Flag Day is annually observed across India on?
1) 4th December
2) 8th December
3) 6th December
4) 5th December
5) 7th December
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) 7th December
Armed Forces Flag Day is annually observed across India on 7th December to honour the martyrs and the armed force personnel who fought and continue to fight to protect the honour of the country.
• On 28th August 1949, a committee set up under the then Defence Minister Baldev Singh decided to observe the Flag day annually on 7th December and 1949 marks the 1st ever observance of Armed Forces Flag day.
• Armed Forces Flag Day Fund (AFFDF) was instituted in 1993, by the amalgamation of the following into one fund named as “Armed Forces Flag Day Fund”.