AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 8 April 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- What is the percentage cut in salaries of all MPs, President, Vice president and Governors for FY 2020-21 as approved by Cabinet (effect from April 1, 2020)?
Union Cabinet headed by Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi has approved an ordinance of 30% cut in the salaries of all Members of Parliament (MPs) for FY 20-21 and a two-year suspension (2020-21 and 2021-22) of the MP Local Area Development (MPLAD) scheme so that the amount saved can go to the Consolidated Fund of India to fight COVID-19. This announcement was made by Prakash Javadkar, Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting.
- National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) has achieved the record of constructing 3, 979 Km highways in FY20. Who is the Chairman of NHAI?
1) Ashok Kumar Gupta
2) Sukhbir Singh Sandhu
3) Bhagwan Lal Sahni
4) H. L. Dattu
5) K. VijayRaghavan
Answer-2) Sukhbir Singh Sandhu
National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has achieved the highest ever highway construction feat with an accomplishment of 3,979 km of national highways in the financial Year 2019-20.However, it has completed 88% of highway construction against the target of building 4,500 km highways in FY-20. In the FY 2018-19, NHAI constructed 3,380 km of National Highways. Sukhbir Singh Sandhu is the chairman of NHAI.
- Name the Indian state/UT which has announced 5T (Testing, Tracing, Treatment, Teamwork & Tracking and monitoring) plan to control Covid-19.
1) New Delhi
4) Tamil Nadu
5) Madhya Pradesh
Answer-1) New Delhi
Delhi Chief Minister(CM) Arvind Kejriwal announced a 5T plan which includes- Testing, Tracing, Treatment, Teamwork & Tracking and monitoring to control the spread of COVID-19 in the state.
- Which Indian ministry has designated DigiLocker as the sole National Academic Depository (NAD).
1) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
2) Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
3) Ministry of Communications and Information Technology
4) Ministry of Science and Technology
5) Ministry of Human Resource and Development
Answer-5) Ministry of Human Resource and Development
DigiLocker, an online document wallet has been designated as the sole National Academic Depository (NAD) by the Ministry of Human Resource and Development (MHRD) to enable educational institutions to store digital copies of academic awards, mark sheets and certificates on the cloud-based service.
- What is the grant announced by US government for India through its aid agency USAID (United States Agency for International Development)?
1) 2.1 million
2) 2.3 million
3) 2.9 million
4) 1.7 million
5) 1.5 million
Answer-3) 2.9 million
The US (United States) Government, through its aid agency USAID (United States Agency for International Development), has announced a grant of USD (United States Dollar) 2.9 million to India to fight against Coronavirus.
- What is the Name of tiger which was from New York’s Bronx zoo & infected with Covid-19?
As a result of new report on four-year-old Malayan tiger named Nadia at New York’s Bronx Zoo being infected with the COVID-19, the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) has issued an advisory regarding containing and management of COVID-19 in National Parks, Sanctuaries & Tiger Reserves and advised to Constitute a Task Force or Rapid Action Force with Field Managers, Veterinary doctors, Frontline staff, to manage the situation as quickly as possible.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has relaxed norms to increase the number of days that a State/UT can continue to overdraft to how many days (from 14 days)?
1) 33 days
2) 21 days
3) 18 days
4) 24 days
5) 30 days
Answer-2) 21 days
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to increase the number of days that a State/UT can continue to overdraft to 21 working days from the current stipulation of 14 working days as they are facing cash flow mismatches due to coronavirus.
- Name the Payments Bank which has joined with Bharati AXA General Insurance and launched “Bharti AXA Group Health Assure Policy” & “Group Hospital Cash” insurance plans.
1) Jio Payments Bank
2) India Post Payments Bank
3) Fino Payments Bank
4) Paytm Payments Bank
5) Airtel Payments Bank
Answer-5) Airtel Payments Bank
Airtel Payments Bank has collaborated with Bharati AXA General Insurance to offer financial protection for COVID-19 via two different health insurance plans. The plan named “Bharti AXA Group Health Assure Policy”offers a lump sum benefit of Rs 25,000 and the other plan “Group Hospital Cash”will offer a daily benefit of starting Rs 500.
- Name the Organisation which has confirmed ‘Force Majeure’ was not applicable in case of COVID-19.
1) Life Insurance Council of India
2) Financial Stability and Development Council
3) Indian Council for Financial Reserach
4) Finance Council of India
5) National Council for Life Insurance
Answer-1) Life Insurance Council of India
In a move to reassure COVID-19 health policy holders, the Life Insurance Council of India has confirmed that the clause of ‘Force Majeure’ will not apply in case of COVID-19 death claims and it is applicable for both state-run and private life insurance players. Force Majeure Originated as a term in French law in the 1880s, it states that in the event of any force majeure or disaster that affects the normal functioning of the life insurer then it can temporarily suspend the claims by making the contract null or invalid.
- With Which company Punjab National Bank Housing Finance (PNBHF) signed an agreement to raise USD 75 million fund?
1) Shanghai Cooperation Agency
2) Unites States Agency for International Development
3) Japan International Cooperation Agency
4) Australian Agency for Development
5) United Kingdom development Agency
Answer-3) Japan International Cooperation Agency
The Punjab National Bank Housing Finance (PNBHF) has signed an agreement with Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) to raise USD 75 million (about Rs 566 crore) & with Citibank for USD 25 million (about Rs 188 crore) to provide loans to affordable housing segment to improve the lives of low-income households & to promote sustainable economic growth in India.
- Name the person who has been appointed as the chairman of National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM).
1) Debjani Ghosh
2) UB Pravin Rao
3) Rekha M Menon
4) Keshav Murugesh
5) UK Sinha
Answer-2) UB Pravin Rao
The National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) appoints Infosys Chief Operating Officer(COO) UB Pravin Rao as its chairman & chairman and senior managing director of Accenture in India Rekha M Menon as its vice president for 2020-21.
- Name the Indian women’s Cricketer who has been appointed as the Brand Ambassador for PepsiCo.
1) Poonam Yadav
3) Shafali Verma
4) Mithali Raj
5) Harmanpreet Kaur
Answer-3) Shafali Verma
Beverage Major PepsiCo has named Shafali Verma, 16 years old, Indian Women Cricketer, as one of its brand ambassadors for one year. Pepsi will be Shafali’s first contract with a major brand. The beverage firm recently signed Bollywood star Salman Khan as its face for 2 years.
- Name the Institute/Organisation which developed Personnel Sanitisation Enclosure (PSE), Full Face Mask (FFM) for healthcare professionals.
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has developed Personnel Sanitisation Enclosure (PSE), Full Face Mask (FFM) for healthcare professionals against the COVID-19 pandemic.PSE is a portable full body disinfection chamber which enables decontaminating a person at a time & is equipped with a sanitiser and soap dispenser.
- Department of Science and Technology sets up Centre for Augmenting WAR with COVID-19 Health Crisis (CAWACH) in Society for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (SINE). SINE is umbrella organisation of which Indian institute?
The National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB) of Department of Science and Technology (DST) has formulated Centre for Augmenting WAR with COVID-19 Health Crisis (CAWACH) with an outlay of Rs.56 crore to source and support startups that address COVID-19 challenges by way of funding. The funding varies between Rs 50 lakhs to Rs 200 lakhs per startup. For this purpose, DST has nominated Society for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (SINE),an umbrella organisation at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay. SINE will be supported by Indian STEPs and Business Incubator Association (ISBA) in implementation of the program.
- Name the Indian state which has deployed India’s 1st automated “COVID- 19 Monitoring System Application”.
2) Tamil Nadu
3) Andhra Pradesh
The Public Health and Family Welfare Department of the government (govt) of Telangana deployed India’s first automated “COVID- 19 Monitoring System Application”. The application (app) was developed by startup Vera Smart Healthcare and launched by Telangana Director of Public Health Dr G Srinivas Rao. Objective: The objective of this app is to identify patients, undertake live surveillance, track, monitor and to provide real-time analytics to the Chief Minister and state health department.
- The theme for World Health Day 2020 is ‘To Support nurses and midwives’. The Day is celebrated every year on?
1) April 4
2) March 14
3) April 7
4) June 6
5) July 2
Answer-3) April 7
World Health Day is observed annually on April 7, under the sponsorship of the World Health Organization (WHO), to spread about equal healthcare facilities worldwide, the importance of Health and Wellness and to kill myths around Health. Theme of the year 2020: To Support nurses and midwives. WHO announced 2020 as year for Nurse and Midwife.
- The International Day of Reflection on the 1994 Genocide against the Tutsi in Rwanda is observed annually on which date?
1) January 28
2) October 7
3) March 12
4) September 19
5) April 7
Answer-5) April 7
The International Day of Reflection on the 1994 Genocide against the Tutsi in Rwanda is observed every year on April 7, since 2004 to commemorate the murder of more than 1 million people, majorly consist of Tutsi, Twa & moderate Hutu- group of African Great lakes region & others who opposed the genocide in Rwanda and to reflect on the suffering of those who survived. This year marks its 26th anniversary.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- International Shooting Sports Federation (ISSF) World Cup scheduled in the month of May 2020 in which Indian state (postponed)?
The organising committee of the International Shooting Sports Federation (ISSF) World Cup on Monday announced that the upcoming Rifle/Pistol and Shotgun World Cups slated to be played in Delhi have been cancelled due to coronavirus.
- Pragyan Conclave 2020 was organised by?
Answer-Centre for Land Warfare Studies (CLAWS)
“Pragyan Conclave 2020”, a two-day Indian Army International Seminar was organised by Centre for Land Warfare Studies (CLAWS) at New Delhi.
- “One Cop One Gangster” was launched in Which State?
The Ghaziabad district police (Uttar Pradesh) has launched a special drive named ‘One Cop One Gangster’ to keep a close eye on criminals by deputing a dedicated policeman behind every wanted person.
- Name the company which has developed MyGov Corona Helpdesk chatbot.
Answer-Haptik Infotech Pvt Ltd
The government’s dedicated WhatsApp chatbot MyGov Corona Helpdesk, which aims to provide timely updates and help citizens clear their queries on Covid-19, has been used by over 2 crore users. Artificial intelligence (AI) chatbot company Haptik Infotech Pvt Ltd, which is 87 per cent owned by Reliance Jio, developed the MyGov Corona Helpdesk chatbot. According to Haptik, more than 55 million messages have been sent by over 20 million users since the chatbot was launched by the government on March 20.
- Under which Article of Indian constitution the Consolidated fund of India is constituted?
Consolidated fund was constituted under Article 266 (1) of the Constitution of India. All revenues received by the government by way of direct taxes and indirect taxes, money borrowed and receipts from loans given by the government flow into the Consolidated Fund of India.
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/current-affairs-april-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try April Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]