AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 7 July 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Indian railways along with which PSU has commissioned 1st of its kind solar plant in Bina, Madhya Pradesh to supply power directly on the railway overhead line?
1) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)
2) Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
3) Steel Authority of India (SAIL)
4) Coal India Limited (CIL)
5) None of the Above
Answer-2) Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
For the 1st time in the world, Indian Railways will directly supply power to Overhead Traction System of train.To achieve this feat, Indian Railways has recently set up 1.7 MWp (megawatt power) at Bina (Madhya Pradesh) which shall be connected directly to Overhead Traction System.This has already been installed and is presently under extensive testing & will become operation in 15 days. Indian Railways has partnered with Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) under its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) scheme for this first of its kind project in the world.
- With which company CBSE partnered to launch a curriculum on Digital Safety and Augmented Reality for students and educators?
The Union Minister for Human Resource Development (HRD) Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ made an announcement on the partnership of Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and Facebook to launch a curriculum on Digital Safety and Online well-being and Augmented Reality (AR) for students and educators.As part of the collaboration, Facebook will support CBSE in its first-ever initiative to introduce AR as a curriculum.
- Name the organization which plans to establish research cell at IIT-Hyderabad to meet the future defence technological requirements of the country.
1) Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC)
2) Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO)
3) Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
4) National Informatics Centre (NIC)
5) National Defence Cell (NDC)
Answer-2) Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO)
Defence Research and Development Organization(DRDO) will establish a research cell at Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad(IIT-H), ‘DRDO – IIT-H Research Cell’ to meet the future defence technological requirements of the country. The research cell is established as an extension of the DRDO Research and Innovation Centre (RIC), Chennai.
- Which country has signed 5 MoUs with India for development of educational infrastructure (July 2020)?
3) Sri Lanka
In order to strengthen the bilateral development partnership, the Government of India has inked 5 Memorandums of understanding (MoUs) with Afghanistan under the former’s high impact community development projects (HICDP) programme. The objective behind these MoUs is the development of educational infrastructure in four Afghan provinces namely Nooristan, Farah, Badakhshan and Kapisa.
- Which state/UT has launched Mission Organic Development Initiative (M.O.D.I) and Greenhouse Project recently?
1) Jammu & Kashmir
2) Arunachal Pradesh
3) Uttar Pradesh
Radha Krishna Mathur, Lieutenant Governor of Ladakh launched Mission Organic Development Initiative(M.O.D.I) and Greenhouse Project, to lead the Union Territory on a sustainable path, over a virtual platform from Raj Niwas, Ladakh.
- Find the bank which partnered with Mastercard to facilitate real-time domestic & cross-border payments & remittances through ‘Mastercard Send’.
1) CSB Bank
2) IndusInd Bank
3) RBL Bank
4) ICICI Bank
5) SBM Bank
Answer-5) SBM Bank
SBM Bank India has partnered with Mastercard to enable its customers to make real-time domestic & cross-border payments(Business to Consumer- B2C) and remittances quickly and efficiently through ‘Mastercard Send’. This partnership allows the bank’s customer base to offer quick, convenient and secure payments experiences.
- Which private sector bank launched ‘Loan in seconds’ digital solution for instant disbursement of retail loans?
1) HDFC Bank
2) Axis Bank
3) Yes Bank
4) City Union Bank
5) Karur Vysya Bank
Answer-3) Yes Bank
YES Bank launched a digital solution, ‘Loan in Seconds’ for instant disbursement of retail loans. It is available for the bank’s pre-approved liability account holders. The algorithm evaluates the loan application in real-time and eliminates the need for documentation.
- Who heads the 11-member committee constituted by National Human Rights Commission to assess COVID-19 impact on human rights?
1) Nimesh G Desai
3) Abhey Shukla
4) K S Reddy
Answer-4) K S Reddy
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has set up an 11-member expert committee headed by Dr K S Reddy, president of Public Health Foundation of India to study impact of COVID-19 on human rights of individuals, particularly marginalized and vulnerable sections of the society, together with migrant laborer’s& will also study the future response of the government.
- What is India’s rank in SDG index 2020 (Sweden ranked No.1)?
In accordance with the “Sustainable Development Report 2020- The Sustainable Development Goals and Covid-19”, comprising of SDG index 2020, there will be severe negative impacts on most of the United Nations (UN)-mandated Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) due to COVID-19 pandemic. India, which has ranked at 117th position with a score of 61.92 is also facing major challenges in 10 of the 17 SDGs including zero hunger, good health, gender inequality among others. The index has been topped by Sweden.
- India ranked _____ in INFORM risk index 2020 for humanitarian crises & disasters (Somalia – 1).
In accordance with the “INFORM Report 2020:Shared evidence for managing crises and disasters” released by research Centre INFORM, operating under European Commission (EU), India has ranked at 31st place with an inform risk of 5.4, means risk of humanitarian crises and disasters. The report ranked the countries based on “INFORM Risk Index” which has been topped by Somalia with an inform risk of 8.9. The report has analyzed 191 countries. Notably, this report is produced by the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UN-OCHA) on behalf of all INFORM Partners.
- Which payment platform company (with QorQl) is set to acquire Raheja QBE General Insurance Company Limited for $76 million?
Indian e-commerce payment system Paytm &QorQl Pvt. Ltd, a Healthcare startup company with majority shareholding of Paytm founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma, is set to acquire Mumbai (Maharashtra)-based private sector general insurer Raheja QBE General Insurance Company Limited in a deal worth around $76 million (or Rs 570 crore). Raheja QBE is a joint venture of India’s Prism Johnson (51%) and QBE Australia (49%).
- ‘Ofek 16’ is the new spy satellite of which country?
The Israel Ministry of Defense (IMoD), and Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI), have successfully launched a new spy satellite “Ofek 16” into orbit by using a locally-developed Shavit rocket from a launchpad at Palmachim airbase in central Israel.
- Name the company which has successfully completed India’s 1st NPNT compliant drone flight.
1) Asteria Aerospace
2) General Aeronautics Pvt Ltd
3) Quidich Innovation Labs
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 1) and 3)
Answer-5) Both 1) and 3)
India’s First No-Permission No-Takeoff (NPNT) compliant drone flight on the A200 Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS) has been completed successfully by Quidich Innovation Labs and Asteria Aerospace in the green zone identified by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), near Tumkur in Karnataka. This NPNT drone flight is under the MoCA& DGCA comprehensive policy on use of UAVs, which came into effect on 1st Dec 2018.
- Which IIT has developed the disinfectant box named ‘Unisaviour’ to sterilize personal belongings of a person?
1) IIT Kharagpur
2) IIT Madras
3) IIT Mandi
4) IIT Hyderabad
5) IIT Roorkee
Answer-5) IIT Roorkee
The Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee(IIT-R) announced that the IIT-R researchers team led by Prof. SoumitraSatapathi, Laboratory of Integrated Nanophotonics and Biomaterials, have developed the disinfection box – “Unisaviour” box, which can be used to sterilize various personal belongings to minimize the COVID-19 transmission.
- The scientists of which country has found ancient underwater Aboriginal sites recently?
Australia’s first underwater archaeological sites off its west coast dating to more than 7,000 years ago will help with the understanding of the cultural and technology development of its first peoples, according to scientists. Archaeologists in Western Australia discovered hundreds of stone tools made by aboriginal people when the seabed was dry, at two ancient sites now submerged in the Dampier Archipelago.
- Tamil Nadu born G Akash become _____ grandmaster of India recently.
The 23-year-old G. Akash from Chennai, Tamil Nadu becomes the country’s 66th Grandmaster with rating of 2495. The title was confirmed at the recent meeting of International Chess Federation (FIDE) Council.
- Who has authored the book titled ‘Overdraft: Saving the Indian Saver’
1) Urjit Patel
2) Shaktikanta Das
3) Raghuram Rajan
4) Rajiv Gauba
5) Manmohan Singh
Answer-1) Urjit Patel
Former Reserve Bank of India (RBI) governor Urjit Patel has authored a book titled ‘Overdraft: Saving the Indian Saver’, which focuses on the issue of Non-Performing Assets (NPAs) that has affected Indian banking in recent years and also its causes. The book will be published by HarperCollins India and will be released by the end of July.
- Name the person who authored the book named “Getting Competitive: A Practitioner’s Guide for India”.
1) Rahul Bajaj
2) Rajan Raheja
3) RC Bhargava
4) Gopichand Hinduja
5) Azim Premji
Answer-3) RC Bhargava
RC Bhargava, the Chairman of Maruti Suzuki authored the book “Getting Competitive: A Practitioner’s Guide for India” from his experience of around 60 years as a policymaker and a leading industrialist. The book published by HarperCollins India, provides practical suggestions to make India a competitive industrialized country.
- When was World Zoonoses Day observed annually?
1) July 5
2) July 7
3) July 3
4) July 6
5) July 4
Answer-4) July 6
World Zoonoses Day is observed annually on July 6 to raise awareness of the risk of zoonotic diseases among people. The day commemorates French Biologist, Louis Pasteur who administered the first successful vaccine against the Rabies virus in July 6, 1885.
- Which edition of GST day was celebrated on July 1, 2020?
Goods and Service Tax(GST) day is observed annually on July 1. This year marks the 3rd anniversary of the launch of the day and was marked by the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs(CBIC) and all its field offices across India. Most of the interactions with stakeholders to mark this day were made in virtual mode due to COVID-19.The day was 1st celebrated on July 1, 2018.
- What is the name of India’s 1st social media super app which was launched by Vice president of India Venkaiah Naidu?
Vice President of India Shri Venkaiah Naidu launched India’s first social media super application ‘Elyments’ virtually on 5th July 2020. The app was developed by Sumeru Software Solutions & provides free audio/video calls, and private/ group chats through vibrant feed.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Which mountain range in Ladakh was visited by PM Modi recently?
1) Dhauladhar Range
2) Zaskar Range
3) PirPanjal Range
4) Karakoram Range
5) Trans Himalaya Range
Answer-2) Zaskar Range
PM Narendra Modi on Friday made a surprise visit to Ladakh and was briefed by senior officers at a forward position in Nimu amid ongoing tension with China. The Prime Minister was accompanied by Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) General Bipin Rawat and Army Chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane. He reached Nimu, early morning today and he is presently interacting with Army, Air Force and ITBP personnel. Located at 11,000 feet, this is among the tough terrains, surrounded by Zanskar range and on the banks of the Indus.
- Who is the present railway minister of India?
1) Nitin Gadkari
2) Piyush Goyal
3) Raj Kumar Singh
4) Prakash Javadekar
5) Jitendra Singh
Answer-2) Piyush Goyal
Piyush Goyal is the present Railway minister of India.
- What is the capital of Afghanistan?
5) None of the Above
The capital and currency of Afghanistan are Kabul and Afghan afghani respectively.
- Where is the HQ of National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) located?
3) New Delhi
Answer-3) New Delhi
The HQ of National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) located at New Delhi. Justice H. L. Dattu is the present chairman of NHRC.
- What is the currency of Israel?
The capital and currency of Israel are Jerusalem & Israeli Shekel respectively.
- Indian railways set the target to become ‘Net Zero’ Carbon Emission Mass Transportation Network by ________.
Target – Indian Railways will transform itself as ‘Net Zero’ Carbon Emission Mass Transportation Network by 2030.