AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 7 January 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the ‘19th Meeting of the National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA)’ that was chaired by Environment Minister Bhupender Yadav in January 2022?
A) An action plan for reintroducing Cheetah in India was launched, through which 50 Cheetah will be introduced in India in the next 5-years.
B) He also launched Water Atlas, mapping all the water bodies in the tiger bearing areas of India which include information about various Landscapes.
C) He announced that, 14 Tiger reserves in India have received accreditation of the global Conservation Assured Tiger Standards (CA|TS).
1) All A, B & C
2) Only A
3) Only B
4) Only C
5) Only A & BAnswer-1) All A, B & C
During the Meeting, Bhupender Yadav launched an action plan for the reintroduction, protection & conservation of Cheetah, with a total of 50 to be introduced in the next 5-years, and 7 of them in 2022.
i. He also launched Water Atlas, mapping all the water bodies in the tiger bearing areas of India which include information about various Landscapes.
ii. He announced that 14 Tiger reserves in India was received accreditation of the global Conservation Assured Tiger Standards (CA|TS).
- Which state topped the list of the highest number of Open Defecation Free (ODF) Plus villages under the Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) Phase-II programme till 31th December, 2021?
1) Madhya Pradesh
4) Tamil Nadu
5) KarnatakaAnswer-2) Telangana
Telangana has stood first among other states in India in the list of the highest number of Open Defecation Free (ODF) Plus villages under the Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) Phase-II programme till December 31, 2021.
i. Around 13,737 villages out of 14,200 villages in Telangana are on the ODF Plus list, which stands at 96.74 percent.
ii. Telangana is followed by Tamil Nadu with 4,432 villages, next by Karnataka with 1,511 villages.
- Which of the following is the Name of ‘New Coronavirus Variant B.1.640.2’, that was discovered in France?
5) FPVAnswer-4) IHU
The Scientists of France have discovered a new variant of the Coronavirus, named IHU – B.1.640.2 variant.
i. The new variant named IHU was discovered by the academics at the institute IHU Mediterranean Infection, Marseille, France.
ii. The IHU variant contains 46 mutations (more than the Omicron) and 37 deletions resulting in 30 amino acid substitutions and 12 deletions.
- In January 2022, _________ became the 1st telecom company to launch an UPI autopay facility for both prepaid & postpaid subscribers in collaboration with NPCI?
2) Reliance Jio
3) Vodafone Idea
4) Bharti Airtel
5) BSNLAnswer-2) Reliance Jio
The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and Reliance Jio collaborated to announce the introduction of Unified Payment Interface (UPI) Autopay for the telecom industry.
i. Reliance Jio has become the 1st telecom company to launch a UPI autopay facility for both prepaid and postpaid subscribers.
About National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI):
CEO & MD – Dilip Asbe
Establishment – 2008
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Which company recently (in Jan’22) launched a Mega Bond sale & claimed it to be the largest-ever foreign currency bond issuance from India?
1) Aditya Birla Group
2) Mahindra Group
3) Adani Group
4) L & T Group
5) Reliance IndustriesAnswer-5) Reliance Industries
Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) launched a mega bond sale as it desired to raise USD 3 to 5 billion from offshore investors.
i. The sale is claimed as the largest-ever foreign currency bond issuance from India and 2022’s first fundraising by an Indian company.
About the Bonds:
i. RIL has raised USD 4 billion by issuing US dollar bonds in three tranches of – 10 years, 30 years and 40 years.
ii. The bonds have been priced at 120 basis points (bps), 160 bps and 170 bps over the respective US Treasuries benchmark.
- Who was recently (in Jan’22) Re-appointed as the Chairman of the Commission for Agricultural Costs and Prices (CACP)?
1) Ashok Gulati
2) Vijay Paul Sharma
3) Naveen Prakash Singh
4) Biplab Dasgupta
5) Ramesh ChandAnswer-2) Vijay Paul Sharma
The Central government has reappointed Vijay Paul Sharma as Chairman of the Commission for Agricultural Costs and Prices (CACP) after he resigned in May 2021 completing his five-year term (2016-2021).
About Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare:
Union Minister- Narendra Singh Tomar (Morena, Madhya Pradesh)
Minister of State- Shobha Karandlaje (Udupi Chikmagalur, Karnataka), Kailash Choudhary (Barmer, Rajasthan)
- Which Organization recently (in Jan’22) signed an MoU with Industrial Promotion and Investment Corporation of Odisha (IPICOL) for the production of eco-friendly fuels in Odisha?
5) NTPCAnswer-2) GAIL
The Industrial Promotion and Investment Corporation of Odisha (IPICOL) signed an MoU with GAIL India for the production of eco-friendly fuels in Odisha.
i. Both entities will cooperate in the areas of green hydrogen, green ammonia and renewable energy (solar/wind).
- In January 2022, NHPC Limited signed an agreement with GEDCOL to form a joint Venture to set up a 500 MW floating solar power project in which state?
2) Uttar Pradesh
5) RajasthanAnswer-4) Odisha
NHPC Limited has signed a promoter’s agreement with Green Energy Development Corporation of Odisha Ltd (GEDCOL) to form a JV for setting up a 500-megawatt (MW) floating solar power project in Odisha.
i. In this, NHPC will hold a 74% stake, while GEDCOL holds 26%.
ii. The JV will have an authorized share capital of Rs 500 crore divided into 50 crore shares of Rs 10 each.
- Which State recently (in Jan’22) partnered with Syntizen to provide life certificates to pensioners through video KYC?
5) West BengalAnswer-3) Odisha
Syntizen, a Digital Identity Solutions provider, has partnered with the Odisha government to provide a Video KYC solution in offering life certificates to 5 lakh pension seekers.
i. The state has become the first in the country to deploy a digital process which includes Aadhaar Validation for smoothening the process of obtaining a life certificate.
Co-founder & chief Business Officer (CBO) – Siddharth Kukatlapalli
CEO – Vamsi Kotte
Establishment – 2014
Headquarters – Hyderabad, Telangana
- Which District of Odisha recently (in Jan’22) declared itself as the 1st child marriage free district?
5) KhordhaAnswer-2) Ganjam
Ganjam district of Odisha has declared itself as the 1st child marriage free district of Odisha.
i. The Ganjam administration has increased the reward for informing about the occurrence of child marriage from Rs 5000 to Rs 50000.
ii. Following the launch of the Nirbhaya Kadhi campaign, the district has prevented 45, 228 and 201 impending child marriages in 2019, 2020 and 2021 respectively.