AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 7 & 8 March 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Who inaugurated the 2nd Edition of Maritime India Summit-2021 that was held virtually, in March 2021?
1) Narendra Modi
2) Mansukh L. Mandaviya
3) Karambir Singh
4) Bipin Rawat
5) Ram Nath Kovind
Answer-1) Narendra Modi
PM Narendra Modi virtually inaugurated the 2nd Edition of Maritime India Summit-2021 (MIS-2021)- “Exploring the potential business opportunities in Indian Maritime sector and making Aatmanirbhar Bharat”. The Maritime summit is being held from March 2-4, 2021 in a virtual format. The event is organized by the Ministry of Ports, Shipping & Waterways (MoPSW).
- The central govt. has announced (in Mar’21) around 574 Projects costing USD 82 Billion for implementation between 2015-2035 under _______________.
1) Sagarmala Project
2) Smart Cities Mission
3) Stand Up India
4) PM Kusum Scheme
5) Digital India
Answer-1) Sagarmala Project
In March 2021, PM Narendra Modi announced around 574 Projects costing USD 82 Billion (~ INR 6 Lakh Crore) for implementation between 2015-2035 under the Sagarmala Project. The government is also planning several initiatives for the Development of Ports. They are,
Raising the share of Clean Renewable Energy
Operationalising 23 waterways by 2030
Boosting Tourism around Lighthouses
Shipbuilding Financial Assistance Policy
- When was the 1st ever Chabahar day observed, to showcase India’s strategical importance towards the Iranian port?
1) March 8
2) March 6
3) March 7
4) March 5
5) March 4
Answer-5) March 4
Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually inaugurated the 2nd Edition of Maritime India Summit-2021 (MIS-2021). On the sidelines of the MIS-2021, Chabahar day was commemorated on March 4, 2021. It is a strategically important port as it is located at Iran and is only 72 km away from the Gwadar Port in Pakistan, which is being developed by China.
- To which country, India has sent (in Mar’21) 1,000 metric tonnes of rice along with 1 lakh Hydroxychloroquine tablets in INS Jalashwa as drought relief?
On March 3rd, India sent 1,000 metric tonnes (mt) of rice along with 1 lakh Hydroxychloroquine tablets in INS Jalashwa to the drought hit Madagascar. The Indian ocean region country was in severe drought for the past 3 years and currently the situation has worsened. An Indian Navy Training team is sent along with the consignment to train the Madagascar Special Forces.
- Which organisation released “The Opportunity Index 2021” that revealed the status of Indian women in various fronts including gender based salary hikes?
3) BofA Securities
5) UN Women
LinkedIn surveyed 10,000 working women in the Asia Pacific region and released “The Opportunity Index 2021”, which revealed that 85% of Indian women felt missed out of Salary hike or promotion because of their gender, while the number stands at 60% in Asia Pacific region. Shockingly 9 of 10 women revealed that they were negatively impacted by the pandemic.
- Which Insurance provider recently (in Mar’21) launched “Business Kisht Suraksha”, a unique scheme to provide insurance coverage to Financial Institutions against Natural Calamities?
1) ICICI Lombard General Insurance
2) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
3) Reliance General Insurance
4) Bharti AXA General Insurance
5) HDFC ERGO General Insurance
Answer-5) HDFC ERGO General Insurance
HDFC ERGO General Insurance, a non-life insurance company in the private sector, launched a Business Kisht Suraksha, a unique cover to protect the balance sheet of the Microfinance Institutions (MIFs), Financial institutions and banks against the natural calamities and disasters. Mosquito Disease Protection Policy, [email protected], Title and Solar Energy Shortfall Insurance were some of the innovative insurance products of HDFC ERGO.
- Which Wearable brand partnered (in Mar’21) with SBI’s YONO to introduce a new smart wearable fitness band with digital payment capabilities?
On March 05,2021, Titans’s youth brand Fastrack joined with Yono-State Bank of India planned to introduce a new smart wearable fitness band with digital payment components under its sub-brand Reflex. This is a move by Fastrack, to strengthen its wearables and fitness category position among the youth with the prevailing trend of digital payment which is accelerated by COVID-19.
- Who was appointed (in Mar’21) as the Chairman of Asia Pacific Rural and Agricultural Credit Association (APRACA)?
1) DPK Gunasekera
2) GR Chintala
3) Arundhati Bhattacharya
4) Shaktikanta Das
5) Rajnish Kumar
Answer-2) GR Chintala
GR Chintala, the Chairman of the National Bank of Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) took over as the Chairman of Asia Pacific Rural and Agricultural Credit Association(APRACA). He succeeds DPK Gunasekera, General Manager of Bank of Ceylon(BOC). This is the first time since 1999, India got the chairmanship of APRACA. APRACA is an international organisation which performs information exchange, takes capacity building initiatives and creates new institutions.
- Who became (in Mar’21) the brand ambassador of Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd?
1) Aamir Khan
2) Sachin Tendulkar
3) Deepika Padukone
4) Rohit Sharma
5) Amitabh Bachchan
Answer-4) Rohit Sharma
On 5th March 2021, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Limited has signed Indian Cricketer Rohit Sharma as its brand ambassador. He will be representing Glenmark’s “Candid Powder”, the well-known brand of Glenmark’s consumer care division.
Rohit sharma was honoured with Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award, the highest sports honour of India in 2020.
- Who is the 1st Indian to become the Chairperson of UN Human Rights Council’s Advisory Committee?
1) Shyam Saran
2) Ajai Malhotra
3) K. G. Balakrishnan
4) Shivshankar Menon
5) Dipak Misra
Answer-2) Ajai Malhotra
Ajai Malhotra has become the first Indian to be elected as the Chairperson of the Advisory Committee of the United Nations Human Rights Council(UNHRC). His 3-year term on the committee will expire on 30th September 2023. The Advisory Committee is a body of 18 independent experts serving as a think-tank to the United Nations Human Rights Council.