AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 6 October 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
Our Current Affairs October 2023 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- According to the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE)’s Consumer Pyramids Household Survey released in October 2023, India’s unemployment rate fell to a 12-month low of ________ in September 2023.
5) 6.8%Answer- 3) 7.1%
According to the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE)’s Consumer Pyramids Household Survey, India’s unemployment rate fell to a 12-month low of 7.1% in September 2023 from 8.1% in August 2023 despite the poor monsoon.
i. In rural areas, the overall unemployment rate dropped from 7.11% in August 2023 to 6.20% in September 2023.
ii. In urban areas, the overall unemployment rate decreased from 10.09% in August to 8.94% in September.
- In October 2023, the World Health Organization(WHO) recommended R21/Matrix-M, the new malaria vaccine developed by _____________.
1) Gamaleya Research Institute of Epidemiology & Bharat Biotech International Ltd
2) Jenner Institute, Oxford University & Serum Institute of India
3) Gamaleya Research Institute of Epidemiology & Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
4) Jenner Institute, Oxford University & Bharat Biotech International Ltd
5) AstraZeneca plc & Serum Institute of IndiaAnswer-2) Jenner Institute, Oxford University & Serum Institute of India
World Health Organization (WHO) has recommended R21/Matrix-M, the new malaria vaccine developed by Jenner Institute at Oxford University(the United Kingdom -UK) and Serum Institute of India (SII) Private Limited leveraging Novavax’s adjuvant technology, for the prevention of malaria in children.
i. The vaccine was developed with the support of the European and Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP), the Wellcome Trust, and the European Investment Bank (EIB)
ii. The recommendation follows advice from the WHO: Strategic Advisory Group of Experts on Immunization (SAGE) and the Malaria Policy Advisory Group (MPAG).
iii. The R21 vaccine is the 2nd malaria vaccine recommended by WHO, after the RTS,S/AS01 vaccine(Mosquirix), which received a WHO recommendation in 2021. Mosquirix was manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- In October 2023, the National Investment and Infrastructure Fund Limited (NIIFL) entered into a collaboration with the Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC) to launch its first bi-lateral fund called India-Japan Fund (IJF) of Rs __________.
1) 49 Billion
2) 30 Billion
3) 52 Billion
4) 67 Billion
5) 30 BillionAnswer-1) 49 Billion
The National Investment and Infrastructure Fund Limited (NIIFL) has entered into a collaboration with the Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC) to launch its first bi-lateral fund called India-Japan Fund (IJF) of Rs 49 Billion (USD 600 million).
i. The Fund was established by NIIF Limited (NIIFL), a collaborative investment platform for international and Indian investors. The fund is anchored by the Government of India and JBIC.
ii. Out of Rs 49 Billion, The Government of India (GoI) will contribute Rs 24 Billion (USD 294 million (49%)) and JBIC will fund the remaining Rs 25 Billion (USD 306 million (51%)) of the funding target.
iii. JBIC’s equity participation in the Fund is based on the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) which was signed between JBIC and NIIFL in November 2022.
- Name the bank that has recently (in Oct ‘23) collaborated with the Outlook Group to launch “Outlook Money 40After40”, a retirement planning event.
1) ICICI Bank
2) IDFC FIRST Bank
3) IndusInd Bank
4) Kotak Mahindra Bank
5) HDFC BankAnswer-2) IDFC FIRST Bank
Outlook Group in collaboration with IDFC FIRST Bank launched a retirement planning event “Outlook Money 40After40” to spread awareness and create conversations around retirement planning.
i. “40After40” is a two-day event and expo, which will be held at Jio World Convention Centre in Mumbai, Maharashtra on 23rd and 24th January, 2024.
ii. IDFC FIRST Bank will spread the need & importance of retirement planning and address the financial needs of the elderly early.
- Which of the following personalities has/have been recently (in Oct ‘23) awarded with the 2023 Nobel Prize in Physics by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences?
1) Anne L’Huillier, France
2) Ferenc Krausz, Hungary
3) Pierre Agostini, France
4) Both 1 & 2
5) All 1, 2 & 3Answer-5) All 1, 2 & 3
Anne L’Huillier of France, Pierre Agostini of France, and Ferenc Krausz of Hungary were awarded the 2023 Nobel Prize in Physics “for experimental methods that generate attosecond pulses of light for the study of electron dynamics in matter.”
i. The Nobel Prize in Physics is awarded by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Stockholm, Sweden.
ii. Anne L’Huillier is the fifth woman to receive the Nobel Prize in Physics.
Note- The Nobel Prize in Physics has been awarded 117 times to 225 laureates between 1901-2023.
- Who has been recently (in Oct ‘23) named as the ‘Global Ambassador’ for the International Cricket Council (ICC) Men’s Cricket One Day International (ODI) World Cup 2023?
1) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
2) Ravi Shastri
3) Sachin Tendulkar
4) Sourav Ganguly
5) Kapil DevAnswer-3) Sachin Tendulkar
Former Indian cricket Player Sachin Tendulkar was named as the ‘Global Ambassador’ for the International Cricket Council (ICC) Men’s Cricket One Day International (ODI) World Cup 2023.
i. Sachin unveils the World Cup trophy before the inaugural match between England and New Zealand on 5th October 2023.
ii. Sachin has played six ODI World Cups including 1989, 1992, 1996, 2003, 2007, and 2011.
iii. The 13th edition of the Men’s ODI World Cup is set to be held from 5th October to 19th November 2023, comprising 48 matches across 10 venues in India. Both the inaugural and final matches are set to be held in Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
iv. Mascot: ICC announces two mascots including ‘Blaze‘(female mascot- Bowler) and ‘Tonk’ (male mascot – Batsmen).
- When was the World Teachers’ Day (WTD) 2023 observed across the globe by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)?
1) 3rd October 2023
2) 5th October 2023
3) 2nd October 2023
4) 4th October 2023
5) 1st October 2023Answer-2) 5th October 2023
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)’s World Teachers’ Day (WTD) 2023 was observed across the globe on 5th October 2023 with the theme of “The teachers we need for the education we want: The global imperative to reverse the teacher shortage“.
i. WTD is co-convened in partnership with the International Labour Organization (ILO), United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), and Education International (EI).
ii. In 1994, UNESCO declared 5th October as World Teachers’ Day to celebrate the efforts made for teachers in 1966.
iii. The first ever World Teachers’ Day was observed on 5th October 1994.
- Name the state government that has recently (in Sept ‘23) launched the Mukhya Mantri Lok Sevak Arogya Yojana, an online medical bill reimbursement scheme for the Government employees, pensioners and their dependents.
1) Arunachal Pradesh
3) Madhya Pradesh
5) AssamAnswer-5) Assam
On 2 October 2023, on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti, Assam Chief Minister (CM) Himanta Biswa Sarma launched the Ayushman Asom: Mukhya Mantri Lok Sevak Arogya Yojana, an online medical bill reimbursement scheme for the Government of Assam’s employees, pensioners and their dependents, at the event held in Sankardev Kalakshetra International Auditorium in Guwahati, Assam.
i. As part of the event, the CM transferred the first installment of Rs. 9,000 each to the bank accounts of 1 lakh beneficiaries under the Individual Household Latrine (IHHL) scheme.
ii. Objective: The primary goal of this scheme is to provide financial health coverage of Rs. 5 Lakhs (per family, per year) to all the Assam Government employees, pensioners, and their dependents.
- Which state government has recently (in Sept ‘23) launched ‘Mukhyamantri Sukh Ashraya Yojana’ to support orphan children and other vulnerable sections of society?
3) Himachal Pradesh
5) MaharashtraAnswer-3) Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister (CM) Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu launched the ‘Mukhyamantri Sukh Ashraya Yojana’ at the Ridge in Shimla (Himachal Pradesh) to provide comprehensive support to orphans, specially-abled children, destitute women, and elderly individuals in Himachal Pradesh.
i. With this scheme, Himachal Pradesh became the first state in India to enact a law aimed at supporting orphan children and other vulnerable sections of society.
ii. The Himachal government decided to adopt the orphans, the specially-abled children as the ‘Children of the State’ and work for their upliftment and well-being, including parental care.