AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 6 May 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2022 updates.
Our Current Affairs March 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- India’s first Tribal Health Observatory (TriHOb) was established in__________.
1) Andhra Pradesh
5) West BengalAnswer- 2) Odisha
The Government of Odisha has set up India’s first Tribal Health Observatory (TriHOb), which acts as a repository of health-related data of the tribal populations in Odisha.
i. It has been set as a part of the MoU signed between the Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Scheduled Caste (SC) Development, Minorities and Other Backward Classes Welfare Department of Odisha and the Regional Medical Research Centre (RMRC), Bhubaneswar, Odisha a regional centre of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
- Name the ministry that recently (in May’22) signed an MoU with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) to launch a ISRO Technical Training Programme.
1) Ministry of Education
2) Ministry of Science & Technology
3) Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship
4) Ministry of Labour & Employment
5) Ministry of Electronics & Information TechnologyAnswer-3) Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship
The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) signs an MoU with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) to upskill the technical staff at the Department of Space (DoS) in ISRO. It will be valid for a period of 5 years.
i. Under this, more than 4000 ISRO technical employees will be trained in the programme and the location of the training will be the National Skill Training Institutes (NSTI) under MSDE located across India.
- Which of the following points are ‘Incorrect’ with respect to the RBI’s Monetary Policy Committee Off-Cycle Meeting in May 2022?
1) During the meeting, RBI changed the Policy repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) by 20 basis points to 4.20% from 4.00%.
2) Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) hiked by 50 bps to 4.5% from 4.00% w.e.f. May 21, 2022 and the Statutory Liquidity Ratio (SLR) stands at 18 per cent.
3) The Standing Deposit Facility (SDF) rate is adjusted to 4.15%.
4) The Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) rate and the Bank Rate to 4.65% from 4.25%.
5) RBI also decided to keep the stance as ‘accommodative’.Answer-1) During the meeting, RBI changed the Policy repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) by 20 basis points to 4.20% from 4.00%.
During the meeting, RBI changed the Policy repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) by 40 basis points to 4.40% from 4.00%, this is the first-rate hike since August 2018.
i. Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) hiked by 50 bps to 4.5% from 4.00% w.e.f. May 21, 2022 and the Statutory Liquidity Ratio (SLR) stands at 18 per cent.
ii. The Standing Deposit Facility (SDF) rate is adjusted to 4.15%.
iii. The Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) rate and the Bank Rate to 4.65% from 4.25%.
iv. RBI also decided to keep the stance as ‘accommodative’.
- In May 2022, ________ became the first Public Sector Bank (PSB) to go live on the Account Aggregator (AA) Framework.
1) Central Bank of India
2) Punjab National Bank
3) Bank of Baroda
4) Canara Bank
5) Union Bank of IndiaAnswer-5) Union Bank of India
Union Bank of India (UBI) has become the first Public Sector Bank (PSB) to go live on the Account Aggregator (AA) Framework, an initiative of Reserve Bank India (RBI) to improve credit delivery.
i. The RBI announced the AA framework on September 2, 2016, with the objective of enhancing the aggregation of overall financial assets of an individual.
- In May 2022, the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) restructured its Secondary Market Advisory Committee (SMAC).
Who will chair the 18-member Secondary Market Advisory Committee (SMAC)?
1) Ananta Barua
2) G. Mahalingam
3) S. K. Mohanty
4) Nithin Kamath
5) Naresh YadavAnswer- 2) G. Mahalingam
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has restructured its Secondary Market Advisory Committee (SMAC), which makes recommendations to the capital markets regulator on improving market safety, efficiency, and transparency.
i. Gurumoorthy Mahalingam (G. Mahalingam), a former full-time member of SEBI, will now chair the 18-member advisory body, the panel previously consisted of 17 members and was headed by SEBI chairperson Madhabi Puri Buch.
- By which year, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has planned a mission to Venus?
1) December 2028
2) December 2024
3) December 2026
4) December 2031
5) December 2023Answer- 2) December 2024
At the inaugural session of the National Meet on Venus Science, Chairman of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), S. Somnath, announced a Mission to Venus, the hottest planet in the solar system, by December 2024. The next similar window would be available in 2031.
i. The major objectives of the mission are to investigate surface processes and shallow subsurface stratigraphy and research the structure, composition, and dynamics of the atmosphere. As part of this mission, ISRO will also study active volcanism, lightning, craters, the presence of oxygen, Venus’ geology, and other topics.
- Which of the following points are ‘correct’ with respect to the Annual ICC Team Rankings 2022 (as of May’22)?
A) England have consolidated their top position in the ICC Men’s Test team rankings, followed by West Indies and Australia.
B) In the ICC Men’s T20I Team Rankings, India remains the No. 1 team, followed by England and Pakistan.
C) New Zealand remain the No.1 team in the ICC Men’s ODI (One Day International) Team Rankings, followed by England.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) Only B & CAnswer-5) Only B & C
In the ICC’s (International Cricket Council) annual update 2022, Australia have consolidated their top position in the MRF Tyres ICC Men’s Test Team Rankings followed by India and New Zealand.
i. In the MRF Tyres ICC Men’s T20I (Twenty 20 Internationals) Team Rankings, India consolidated their top position followed by England.
ii. New Zealand remain the No.1 team in the MRF Tyres ICC Men’s ODI (One Day International) Team Rankings followed by England.
iii. India under the captaincy of Rohit Sharma finished the 2021-22 season as the world’s number one ranked T20 team.
- Tony Brooks, the pioneer of Formula One, passed away in May 2022. Tony Brooks is a _______ racing driver?
5) BritishAnswer-5) British
Charles Anthony Standish Brooks (Tony Brooks), a British racing driver who won six Formula One grand prix in the 1950s and was nicknamed the “Racing Dentist,” has died at age 90.
i. Formula 1 or F1 Race is the highest class of international racing for open-wheel single-seater formula racing cars.
- When was the Ayushman Bharat Diwas 2022 celebrated in India?
1) 29th April 2022
2) 1st May 2022
3) 3rd May 2022
4) 30th April 2022
5) 2nd May 2022Answer- 4) 30th April 2022
Ayushman Bharat Diwas 2022 was observed across India on 30th April 2022 as a part of the Gram Swaraj Abhiyan. The day aims to create awareness about healthcare schemes of the government of India (GoI) among the people in rural areas.
i. The Ayushman Bharat (“Healthy India”) Yojana is a national initiative launched by Prime Minister (PM) of India Narendra Modi as a part of the National Health Policy 2017 with the vision to achieve Universal Health Coverage (UHC).
- Which state government recently (in May ’22) launched a ‘Vehicle Movement Tracking System (VMTS) mobile app’ to track the movement of sand mining vehicles?
4) Andhra Pradesh
5) OdishaAnswer- 2) Haryana
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar launched a Vehicle Movement Tracking System (VMTS) mobile app that will help in tracking vehicles carrying sand and other mining material.
i. The app will be used at different checkpoints in all the districts of Haryana and vehicle details and all the travel history of the vehicle will be stored in repositories which can be viewed through the app at any time.
- India’s first Tribal Health Observatory (TriHOb) was established in__________.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification