AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 6 January 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- Which Organization recently (in Jan’22) partnered with The Akshaya Patra Foundation (TAPF) to enhance the effectiveness of ‘PM POSHAN Scheme’?
1) UNDP India
2) UNICEF India
3) WFP India
4) FAO India
5) World Bank IndiaAnswer-3) WFP India
The UN’s World Food Programme (WFP) in India, has partnered with The Akshaya Patra Foundation (TAPF) to enhance the effectiveness of the Pradhan Mantri – Poshan Shakti Nirman (PM POSHAN) scheme
The partnership aims to enhance food safety and hygiene projects, capacity building of cooks-cum-helpers and nutritional quality of school meals.
- The Ministry of Power completed _____ of distributing & selling LED lights & saved ________ kWh per annum energy (as of Jan’22) through Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for All (UJALA) programme.
1) 7 years; 84 Billion
2) 5 years; 54 Billion
3) 7 years; 48 Billion
4) 4 years; 54 Million
5) 5 years; 84 MillionAnswer-3) 7 years; 48 Billion
The Power Ministry successfully completed 7 years of distributing and selling LED lights under its flagship Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for All (UJALA) programme.
i. As on 5th January 2022, 47,778 Million (~48 Billion(Bn)) kilowatt hour (kWh) per annum energy has been saved.
ii. Under UJALA, the domestic manufacturing of LED bulbs has increased from 1 lakh per month to 40 million per month.
Note- UJALA initiative is the world’s largest zero subsidy domestic lighting programme with more than 78 crore LEDs distributed across the country.
- Which country recently (in Jan’22) joined as the ‘102nd member of International Solar Alliance’ (ISA)?
2) Saint Vincent & Grenadines
3) South Africa
4) Antigua & Barbuda
5) ChinaAnswer-4) Antigua & Barbuda
The Caribbean nation of Antigua & Barbuda joined the International Solar Alliance (ISA) as the 102nd member by signing the International Solar Alliance Framework Agreement, the India-led global green energy initiative.
i. K. J. Srinivasa became the High Commissioner of India to Guyana, Antigua and Barbuda, St. Kitts and Nevis, and the 15-member CARICOM (Caribbean Community and Common Market) in 2019.
About International Solar Alliance (ISA):
ISA was jointly launched by India and France in 2015 during the 21st session of the United Nations Climate Change COP-21 in Paris, France to promote solar energy.
- Which of the following Payment banks was recently (in Jan’22) added into the 2nd Schedule of the RBI Act, 1934 to be recognized as a Scheduled Bank?
1) Jio Payments Bank
2) Paytm Payments Bank
3) Fino Payments Bank
4) India Post Payments Bank
5) Airtel Payments BankAnswer-5) Airtel Payments Bank
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) granted a Scheduled Payment Bank status to Airtel Payments Bank by including it into the Second Schedule to the RBI Act, 1934. With this inclusion, it becomes the 4th payment bank to get this status.
i. This status will help Airtel Payments Bank to explore new central and state government business opportunities.
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the ‘Market-making scheme’ introduced (In Jan’22) by RBI in order to provide liquidity in the secondary market?
A) RBI has introduced the Market-making scheme to promote retail participation in Government Securities by providing quotes to Retail Direct Gilt Account Holders (RDGAH).
B) The Primary Dealers (PD) are allowed by RBI to present on the Negotiated Dealing System- Order Matching (NDS-OM) Platform to respond to buy/sell requests from RDGAHs throughout market hours.
C) RBI has created a special Switch window for PDs to exchange the illiquid/semi-liquid securities acquired through the RFQ segment from the RDGAHs.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & C
5) All A, B & CAnswer-5) All A, B & C
i. RBI has introduced the Market-making scheme to promote retail participation in Government Securities by providing quotes to Retail Direct Gilt Account Holders.
ii. The Primary Dealers are allowed by RBI to present on the Negotiated Dealing System- Order Matching (NDS-OM) Platform to respond to buy/sell requests from RDGAHs throughout market hours.
iii. RBI has created a special Switch window for PDs to exchange the illiquid/semi-liquid securities acquired through the RFQ segment from the RDGAHs.
- Name the Bank that recently (in Jan’22) won the ‘UiPath Automation Excellence Awards 2021’ for Best Automation under the category of Crisis for Business Continuity.
1) HDFC Bank
2) South Indian Bank
3) RBL Bank
4) Karnataka Bank
5) IndusInd BankAnswer-2) South Indian Bank
The South Indian Bank (SIB) won the UiPath Automation Excellence Awards 2021 for Best Automation under ‘Crisis for Business Continuity’.
i. The SIB improved its Robotic Process Automation capabilities during the time of pandemic.
ii. The UiPath Automation Excellence Awards aim to recognise the change-makers of automation. The 2021 edition of the award recognises contribution of the individuals and organizations across India and South Asia (Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Nepal) for bringing change through transformative automation projects.
- Who recently won (in Jan’22) the ‘1st-ever Guinness World Record in Numerology’?
1) Vedant Sharmaa
2) Rajat Nayar
3) Anupam V Kapil
4) Swetta Jumaani
5) JC ChaudhryAnswer-5) JC Chaudhry
India’s one of the top numerologists, JC Chaudhry has achieved the 1st-ever Guinness World Record in Numerology & the first world record of 2022 by educating about ancient science to around 6000 participants, enthusiasts of numerology joined from the US, UK, Middle East, & India.
i. The Guinness World Record London office has opened a new category, “Numerology” for this achievement.
ii. The initiative was organized by Chaudhry Nummero Pvt Ltd (CNPL) and the Indian Institute of Numerology.
- Name the Indian Cricketer who was recently (in Jan’22) appointed as the ‘Brand Endorser’ of the Bank of Baroda.
1) Taniya Bhatia
2) Shafali Verma
3) Mithali Raj
4) Deepti Sharma
5) Punam RautAnswer- 2) Shafali Verma
Bank of Baroda (BoB) appointed Indian Women’s Cricketer Shafali Verma as the Brand Endorser of the bank.
i. Shafali Verma plays for the Indian women’s national cricket team.
ii. In 2019, Shafali became the youngest cricketer to play in a Women’s Twenty20 International match for India.
Note – Previously in 2021, Shafali Verma became the 1st Women Cricketer to Hit 3 Sixes in a Test Match.
- Who was recently (in Jan’22) appointed as the ‘new Executive Directors (ED) of RBI’ with effect from 3rd January 2022?
1) Deepak Kumar
2) Ajay Kumar Choudhary
3) Rajeshwar Rao
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 2 & 3Answer-4) Both 1 & 2
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has appointed Deepak Kumar, Chief General Manager, Department of Information Technology, RBI and Ajay Kumar Choudhary, Chief General Manager-in-Charge, Department of Supervision, RBI, as the new Executive Directors (ED) of RBI with effect from 3rd January 2022.
- Who authored the book, “Gandhi’s Assassin: The Making of Nathuram Godse and His Idea of India”?
1) Manan Kapoor
2) Amrita Pritam
3) Shashi Tharoor
4) Farah Bashir
5) Dhirendra K. JhaAnswer-5) Dhirendra K. Jha
Dhirendra K. Jha has authored a new book titled “Gandhi’s Assassin: The Making of Nathuram Godse and His Idea of India”. The book is published by Vintage Books.
i. Dhirendra Jha’s other books: Shadow Armies: Fringe Organizations and Foot Soldiers of Hindutva, Ascetic Games: Sadhus, Akharas and the Making of the Hindu Vote and co-author of Ayodhya the Dark Night: The Secret History of Rama’s Appearance in Babri Masjid.