AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 6 February 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which district registered the highest cancer rate among females in India, as per ‘Profile of Cancer and Related Health Indicators in the NorthEast Region of India-2021’ report?
1) Nellore, Andhra Pradesh
2) Papumpare, Arunachal Pradesh
3) Lunglei, Mizoram
4) Darrang, Assam
5) Mokokchung, Nagaland
Answer-2) Papumpare, Arunachal Pradesh
According to the report ‘Profile of Cancer and Related Health Indicators in the NorthEast Region of India-2021’ released by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) & National Centre for Disease Informatics & Research (NCDIR), the number of New Cancer Cases in North East Region (NER) is set to increase to 57, 131 by 2025. Among Females Highest cancer incidence rate (219.8 per 100, 000) was recorded in Papumpare, Arunachal Pradesh, which is the highest in both the NER and in India.
- Recently (in Feb 2021), PM Modi released a postal stamp to mark the beginning of the centenary celebrations of ____________.
1) Non-cooperation Movement
2) Salt March
3) Royal Indian Navy mutiny
4) Bengali Renaissance
5) Chauri Chaura Incident
Answer-5) Chauri Chaura Incident
On 4th February 2021, Prime Minister Narendra Modi released the postage stamp to mark the beginning of the centenary celebrations of the Chauri Chaura Incident in Uttar Pradesh(UP) over a virtual platform. The stamp was released during the event organised to inaugurate the Centenary celebration of the Chauri Chaura incident. The state government has planned various events through 4th February 2022 at all the 75 districts of the state to mark the centenary celebration of Chauri Chaura.
- Which country’s defence organisation will provide technological support to Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) for manufacturing high quality aviation hoses as per the Offset Contract signed in February 2021?
1) Tecmash, Russia
2) Dassault Aviation, France
3) Lockheed Martin, USA
4) Rosoboronexport, Russia
5) General Dynamics, USA
Answer-4) Rosoboronexport, Russia
On February 3, 2021 the 6th India-Russia Military Industrial Conference(IRMIC) was held in Bengaluru, Karnataka. On this occasion, Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) entered into an Offset Contract under invest in kind with Rosoboronexport, a Joint Stock Company(JSC) in Russia. BEL will obtain proven technological processes to manufacture certified high quality aviation hoses for all types of international standardized aircraft.
- Which is the Micro-tactical UAV System that will be introduced in India as per the MoU signed between Spear UAV of Israel & Paras Aerospace Solutions of India in February 2021?
1) PUNA Sriti
2) Ninox 40
3) Gagan UAV
4) IAI I-View
5) IAI Eitan
Answer-2) Ninox 40
During the Aero India Show 2021, Spear UAV of Israel & Paras Aerospace Solutions of India signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to introduce ‘Ninox 40’ Micro-tactical UAV System (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) into the Indian market. The Ninox 40 drone system consists of a Drone & a control unit and is intended for use by Military Forces, Paramilitary, Internal Security & Law Enforcement agencies. It has been designed especially for single-user operations.
- Recently (in Feb 2021), Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEFCC) gave approval for the Lakhwar Electricity Project. Across which river the Project is constructed?
On 4th February 2021, the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEFCC) gave approval for the Lakhwar Electricity Project at a cost of Rs 5747.17 crore on the Yamuna river at Dehradun district, Uttarakhand. With this project, Electricity upto 572.54 million units can be generated per year. In addition to the electricity generated, the water storage capacity is also increased. 330 metric cusec meters of additional water can be stored. 6 states will get drinking water supply and water for irrigation.
- What was the percentage increase in the price of tea from the price in 2019, due to flood and COVID-19 restrictions in 2020?
The production of tea in India dropped by 9.7% in 2020 due to the flood and movement restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The reduction in the tea production increased the price of tea by 31% from the price of 2019, to a record price of Rs.184.69 per Kg. This increase in price has supported the Indian tea industry which was under severe stress due to the rising production cost. India has produced around 1255.60 million kilogram of tea in 2020, which is around 9.7% lesser than the production in 2019.
- Which company recently (in Feb 2021) signed an MoU with the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA) as a part of PM SVANidhi Scheme?
The Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with Zomato to onboard street food vendors on its food-tech platform. This is part of Prime Minister Street Vendor’s AtmaNibhar Nidhi (PM SVANidhi) Scheme. With this MoU street food vendors will have access to online customers. MoHUA also launched the Mobile Application for PMSVANidhi se Samriddhi. This is an additional component of the scheme.
- Who was recently (in Feb 2021), appointed as the Chairman of National Safety Council (NSC)?
1) Vivek Pawar
2) Satish Reddy
3) Vinayak Deshpande
4) SN Subrahmanyan
5) R. Shankar Raman
Answer-4) SN Subrahmanyan
The Ministry of Labour and Employment has appointed SN Subrahmanyan, the CEO and Managing Director(MD) of Larsen & Toubro Limited (L&T Ltd) as the new Chairman of National Safety Council(NSC). He will be holding the position for a period of 3 years. Satish Reddy was the last chairman of the NSC who served from 2015 to 2018. The major role of NSC is to ensure safety in workplaces under the new Occupational Safety, Health and Working Conditions Code, 2020 (OSH Code, 2020).
- Who authored the book ‘1857 – The Sword of Mastaan’?
1) R. K. Narayan
2) Ruskin Bond
3) Jhumpa Lahiri
4) Vineet Bajpai
5) Kiran Desai
Answer-4) Vineet Bajpai
A new novel titled ‘1857 – The Sword of Mastaan’ has been authored by Vineet Bajpai. It is part two of the Mastaan Trilogy. The first part of the trilogy, Mastaan – The Fallen Patriot of Delhi, was released in October 2019. His Harappa Trilogy, comprising Harappa – Curse of the Blood River, Pralay – The Great Deluge, and Kashi – Secret of the Black Temple, was a national bestseller.
- Which Insurance company launched ‘Salute to Caregivers – Ek Naya Nazariya’ Campaign to support the cancer survivors on World Cancer Day?
1) Bharti AXA General Insurance
2) Star Health and Allied Insurance
3) Reliance General Insurance
4) Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
5) The Oriental Insurance Company
Answer-1) Bharti AXA General Insurance
Bharti AXA General Insurance has launched ‘Salute to Caregivers – Ek Naya Nazariya Campaign’ to support the cancer survivors in the battle against cancer. To commemorate the World Cancer Day (February 4, 2021) Bharti AXA General Insurance has collaborated with poetess Priya Malik, who wrote a poem on the Campaign & she also expressed her experience as a caregiver. Tagline of the Campaign– ‘Iss Jung Mein Hum Sang Hai’.