AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 6 August 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- How many states/UTs have joined Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network (eVIN) (as on August 5, 2020)?
5) 28Answer-2) 32
The Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network (eVIN), which is used for efficient vaccine logistics management has reached 32 States and Union Territories (UTs) and will soon be rolled-out in the remaining State of Sikkim and Union Territories (UTs) of Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Chandigarh and an Ladakh. Currently, 23,507 cold chain points across 585 districts of 22 States and 2 UTs routinely use the eVIN technology. Aimed at strengthening immunization supply chain systems in India, eVIN is being implemented under National Health Mission (NHM) by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW).
- Which state planned to develop India’s 1st snow leopard conservation centre?
1) Arunachal Pradesh
2) Madhya Pradesh
4) Himachal Pradesh
5) Uttar PradeshAnswer-3) Uttarakhand
India’s 1st snow leopard conservation centre is to be set up in Lanka, near Bhaironghati bridge in Uttarkashi district, Uttarakhand.Chief minister of Uttarakhand Trivendra Singh Rawat chaired a meeting along with State forest minister Harak Singh Rawat and other officials to look into the setting up of the conservation centre. It will be built by the Uttarakhand forest department along the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) as part of its six-year long project Securing livelihoods, conservation, sustainable use and restoration of high range Himalayan ecosystems (SECURE) Himalayas.
- Northern railway’s 1st Vyapar Mala Express train ran from Delhi to which state?
5) TripuraAnswer-5) Tripura
Northern Railway ran its first Vyapar Mala Express train from Kishanganj in Delhi bound for Jirania in Tripura. It will help small traders to move their cargo in short time, cost effective, convenient and environment-friendly mode of transportation. The train has 46 wagons and It is an express service where piece-meal stock will reach its destination in a shorter time.
- Which state government launched the unique identity card, the Parivar Pehchan Patras for effective and efficient delivery of central and state schemes for the people?
5) TripuraAnswer-2) Haryana
Manohar Lal Khattar, the Chief Minister of Haryana launched a unique identity card, the Parivar Pehchan Patras (PPP), an initiative of the state government developed by the team CMO (Chief Minister’s Office) for effective and efficient delivery of central and state schemes to the people in a transparent way.
- Which among the following cities will be developed as smart cities in the union territory of Ladakh.
1) Leh & Kargil
2) Hemis & Padum
3) Dras & Turtuk
4) Shey & Nyoma
5) None of the AboveAnswer-1) Leh & Kargil
The Centre will develop Leh and Kargil as smart cities in the newly-formed union territory of Ladakh. Working on a home ministry proposal to improve infrastructure and generate job opportunities in Ladakh, the housing and urban affairs ministry has formed a five-member team under Smart Cities director Rahul Kapoor to guide the union territory in formulating detailed projects reports for both the cities.
- How much was the amount that was contributed by India to the India-UN development partnership fund?
1) USD 15.46 million
2) USD 19.26 million
3) USD 11.28 million
4) USD 13.71 million
5) USD 10.97 millionAnswer-1) USD 15.46 million
Government of India (GoI) has contributed USD 15.46 million to the India-UN (United Nations) Development Partnership Fund as a support to fellow developing nations for their 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and related projects. In this regard, a cheque of USD 15.46 million handed over by India’s Permanent Representative to the UN Ambassador T S Tirumurti to the United Nations Office for South-South Cooperation (UNOSSC) Director Jorge Chediek at a ceremony held within social distancing guidelines at the Permanent Mission of India to the UN.
- Which country planned to issue coin in honour of Mahatma Gandhi to mark 150th birth anniversary?
2) United Kingdom
4) South Africa
5) United StatesAnswer- 2) United Kingdom
The Royal Mint of United Kingdom is working on a proposal for a new coin commemorating Mahatma Gandhi as the first ethnic minority face to feature on British currency amid criticism by some prominent PIOs.
- Find the 1st country in the world which plans to require Facebook & Google to pay for news content provided by media companies?
2) New Zealand
5) ChinaAnswer-3) Australia
Australia will force US tech giants Facebook Inc and Alphabet Inc’s Google to pay Australian media outlets for news content in a landmark move to protect independent journalism that will be watched around the world. Australia will become the first country to require Facebook and Google to pay for news content provided by media companies under a royalty-style system.
- Under Swadesh Darshan scheme, Union minister Prahlad Singh Patel inaugrated “Thenzawl Golf Resort”, the first golf course of which state?
2) Arunachal Pradesh
5) MeghalayaAnswer-4) Mizoram
Union Minister of State for Culture & Tourism (Independent charge) Prahlad Singh Patel virtually inaugurated the first golf course of Mizoram i.e. “Thenzawl Golf Resort” Project, implemented under the Swadesh Darshan (SD) Scheme of Ministry of Tourism, from New Delhi. The Project was sanctioned under the “Integrated Development of New Eco Tourism” of Swadesh Darshan project and was constructed by Edufice Infraservices Private Limited of New Delhi.
- Which insurance company launched new services and products for COVID-19?
1) HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Company
2) Star Health and Allied Insurance Company
3) Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company
4) Cholamandalam Health Insurance Company
5) Bharti AXA Health Insurance CompanyAnswer-3) Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company
Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company Limited (ABHICL), the health insurance arm of Aditya Birla Capital Limited, has introduced new services, product solutions & add-ons to the existing products to enable customers to safeguard their health during COVID-19.
- Which company has announced multi-year Strategic Collaboration Agreement with Amazon Web Services (AWS)?
1) Aerovoyce Telecom Limited
2) Bharti Airtel Limited
3) Vodafone-Idea Limited
4) Tata Sky Limited
5) Jio Platforms LimitedAnswer-2) Bharti Airtel Limited
Bharti Airtel announced the multi-year Strategic Collaboration Agreement (SCA) with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to provide a comprehensive set of cloud solutions to the large enterprises and Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) customers in India.
- Which state/UT government signed MoU with Indian School of Business (ISB) recently?
2) Andhra Pradesh
4) West Bengal
5) TelanganaAnswer-2) Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh Government virtually signed the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) through the Economic Development Board, with the Hyderabad-based Indian School of Business (ISB) in order to work with various economic departments in the state. According to the MoU, a laboratory called “GoAP-ISB Policy Lab” would be set up to drive the evidence-based policy decisions.
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) signed MoU with ‘which’ Central Armed Police Force to supply mustard oil?
1) National Security Guard (NSG)
2) Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
3) Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
4) Border Security Force (BSF)
5) Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)Answer-5) Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
In a bid to support the “Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan” initiative, Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) and Indo-Tibetan Border Police(ITBP) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to supply mustard oil Note: ITBP became the first Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) to have supplies from the KVIC.
- Which country has conducted the test flight of LGM-30G Minuteman III missile recently?
2) United States
4) South Korea
5) IranAnswer-2) United States
United States (US) Air Force conducted a scheduled test launch of an LGM-30G Minuteman III, an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) carrying a load of three unarmed reentry vehicles, from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California, US to a target in the Pacific Ocean. Missile’s three reentry vehicles traveled 4,200 miles (6,759 kilometers) to the Kwajalein Atoll in the Marshall Islands as part of a developmental test.
- Name the institute which developed a no-touch & painless device named “AJO-Neo” for non-invasive screening of bilirubin level in new-borns.
1) S.N Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences
2) Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology
3) Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research
4) Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology
5) Institute for Advanced Studies in Science TechnologyAnswer-1) S.N Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences
S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences (SNBNCBS), Kolkata, an autonomous research Institute under the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, has developed a No-touch & Painless device named “AJO-Neo” for non-invasive screening of bilirubin level in new-borns.
- As per journal Nature Geoscience, the researchers at University of Maryland and the Institute of Geophysics at ETH Zurich found 37 active volcanic structures on which planet?
5) SaturnAnswer- 2) Venus
A new study identified 37 recently active volcanic structures on Venus. The study provides some of the best evidence yet that Venus is still a geologically active planet. A research paper on the work, which was conducted by researchers at the University of Maryland and the Institute of Geophysics at ETH Zurich, Switzerland, was published in the journal Nature Geoscience on July 20, 2020.
- Footballer Iker Casillas who announced retirement recently belongs to which country?
5) PortugalAnswer-2) Spain
Spain’s World Cup-winning Captain and Goalkeeper Iker Casillas announced his retirement. In 2014, Casillas became one of four players to represent Spain at four World Cups. Iker Casillas was born 20 May 1981 in Móstoles, Spain.
- Who launched the book named ‘Swachh Bharat Kranti’?
1) Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
2) Smriti Zubin Irani
3) Nirmala Sitharaman
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) All the 1), 2) and 3)Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
Union Minister for Jal Shakti, Gajendra Singh Shekhawat & Union Minister for Women & Child Development Smriti Zubin Irani launched the book ‘Swachh Bharat Kranti’ (Hindi) in New Delhi. ‘Swachh Bharat Revolution’ which was released in October 2019 has been translated into Hindi and published as “Swachh Bharat Kranti”. It has been edited by Parameswaran Iyer, Secretary of the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation.
- Shivajirao Patil Nilangekar who passed away in August 2020 is the former Chief Minister of which state?
5) Andhra PradeshAnswer-2) Maharashtra
Senior Congressman and former Maharashtra Chief Minister(CM) Shivajirao Patil Nilangekar passed away at the age of 88 in Pune, Maharashtra. He Was born on 1 September 1931 in Nilanga, Hyderabad state (British India).
- Padma Vibhushan Ebrahim Alkazi who passed away recently is a renowned
2) Theatre Director
3) Stunt Director
5) PainterAnswer-2) Theatre Director
The Father of Modern Indian theatre, Ebrahim Alkazi passed away at the age of 94 in Escorts Hospital, New Delhi due to a massive heart attack. He was a theatre director, drama teacher, and the longest-serving director of the National School of Drama(NSD) i.e., from 1962 to 1977. He was credited for revolutionising India theatre. He was born on October 18, 1925 in Pune, Maharashtra. He won the Padma Vibhushan in 2010, Padma Bhushan in 1991, Padma Shri in 1966.
- William English who is in news recently is the co-creator of which computer accessory?
1) Key Board
4) Hard Disk
5) Pen driveAnswer- 3) Mouse
The co-creator of the mouse, Mr. William English died at the age of 91 in California due to respiratory failure. He was born in 1929, Kentucky and studied electrical engineering at university before joining the US Navy. He built the first mouse in 1963, with the help of the sketches made by Doug Engelbart while they were working on early computing.
- When was world lung cancer day observed annually?
1) August 1
2) May 3
3) June 6
4) September 7
5) July 8Answer-1) August 1
World Lung Cancer Day is observed annually on August 1 to raise awareness about the causes and treatment of lung cancer and its global impact, creating an educational movement to understand the risks of lung cancer and early treatment around the world. The day highlights the problems that can arise due to lack of adequate research funding. The World Lung Cancer Day campaign was initiated in 2012 by the Forum of International Respiratory Societies(FIRS) in collaboration with the members of the international lung health community such as the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC) and also including the American College of Chest Physicians (CHEST) in the U.S.
- The International plastic bag free day was observed every year on July 3 since which year?
5) 2015Answer-4) 2009
The International Plastic Bag Free Day is a global initiative by the activists from activist associations like Zero Waste Europe’s Bag Free World and German Institute of Global and Area Studies (GAIA), observed on 3rd July every year to create a worldwide awareness about the Plastic pollution and the contribution of the single use plastics to the global catastrophe. The first International Plastic Bag Free Day was observed on 3rd July 2009.
- Which species is named Cladonotus bhaskari after Kerala researcher Dhaneesh Bhaskar?
4) House Cricket
5) CochinealAnswer-3) Twighopper
After a span of 116 years, a first new species of twighopper, genus Cladonotus Saussure, was discovered from the Sinharaja rainforest of Sri Lanka by Croatian and German researchers. The interesting fact is that this cockcomb-shaped twighopper has been named as Cladonotus bhaskari after Dhaneesh Bhaskar, a young conservation biologist and grasshopper expert from Kerala Forest Research Institute (KFRI). ‘Cladonotus bhaskari’–the first new twighopper species in 116 years–published in Zootaxa journal.
- As per the study published in Nature climate change, the polar bears in artic region will become extinct by which year?
5) 2100Answer- 5) 2100
The new study of University of Toronto Scarborough published in the journal of Nature Climate Change titled “Fasting season length sets temporal limits for global polar bear persistence” on 20th July 2020, states that climate change is starving the polar bears into extinction and concluded that the Polar bears in the Arctic will become extinct by 2100. The study is the first of its kind to offer a timeline on the loss of arctic sea ice that will affect the reproduction and survival ability of the polar bears.
- Which organization developed ‘COVID19BWM App’ to track biomedical waste?
1) National Environment Clearance Board
2) National Afforestation and Eco-Development Board
3) Central Pollution Control Board
4) Central Board for Biomedical Waste Clearance
5) None of the AboveAnswer-3) Central Pollution Control Board
The Supreme Court (SC) has made it mandatory for all municipal corporations and state pollution control boards to use the ‘COVID19BWM App’ to track biomedical waste on a daily basis. This ensures that the waste is collected, transported and sent to a registered common biomedical waste treatment facility. The app was developed by the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) in May 2020 following the directions from the National Green Tribunal (NGT).
- Anil Vij, the home minister of which Indian state launched first of its kind, “Works Management System” portal?
5) HaryanaAnswer-5) Haryana
Haryana’s Urban local bodies and Home Minister Anil Vij launched the first of its kind, “Works Management System”, a web-based, paperless and centralized web portal for the management and monitoring of the development works in the Urban Local Bodies(ULB) in Haryana.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Indira Gandhi Zoological Park is located in which state?
5) Andhra PradeshAnswer-5) Andhra Pradesh
Karnataka, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh rank high in the conservation of the endangered Dhole in India, according to a new study. This study was conducted by scientists from the Wildlife Conservation Society-India, the University of Florida, the Wildlife Conservation Trust, and the National Centre for Biological Sciences. In India, the first conservation breeding center for dhole was built at the Indira Gandhi Zoological Park, Andhra Pradesh (IGZP) in 2014.
- Keoladeo National Park is located in which state?
5) RajasthanAnswer-5) Rajasthan
Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot announced that the Rajasthan government will soon introduce a new tourism policy to help ensure the sector tides over the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. He also directed officers to find a permanent solution to solve the water problem in Keoladeo National Park in Bharatpur.
- Where is the headquarters of Aditya Birla health insurance company limited located?
1) New Delhi
5) GurugramAnswer-3) Mumbai
The headquarters of Aditya Birla health insurance company limited located at Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Central Pollution Control Board functions under which ministry?
1) Ministry of Science and Technology
2) Ministry of Earth Science
3) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
4) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
5) Ministry of Health and Family WelfareAnswer-3) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
The Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) functions under the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC).
- What is the capital and currency of Spain?
1) Rome & Euro
2) Madrid & Euro
3) Athens & Pound
4) Athens & Euro
5) Rome & PoundAnswer-2) Madrid & Euro
The capital and currency of Spain are Madrid and Euro respectively.
- Who is the chairman of Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC)?
1) Sanjib Roy
2) A. N. Sharma
3) Vinai Kumar Saxena
4) Rajan Babu
5) Ajay TyagiAnswer-3) Vinai Kumar Saxena
The current chairman of Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) is Vinai Kumar Saxena.