AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 6 & 7 September 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Who released the report titled ‘The State of Young Child in India’ prepared by organization named Mobile Creches?
1) Venkaiah Naidu
2) Nirmala Sitharaman
3) Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
4) Narendra Modi
5) RamNath Govind
Answer-1) Venkaiah Naidu
Vice President of India, Venkaiah Naidu released the inaugural issue of the report ‘The State of Young Child in India’ virtually. The report provides an account of challenges related to early child development (0-6 years) in India. The report has been prepared by Mobile Creches, a policy advocacy organization which works with underprivileged children across India. The report has also released the list of Best-performing states & worst-performing states based on the Young Child Outcomes Index.
- Which state government has approved Rs 600 cr project named Rejuvenating Watersheds for Agriculture Resilience through Innovative Development (REWARD) with World Bank assistance?
3) Uttar Pradesh
5) Madhya Pradesh
In order to increase the groundwater table in parched land of 20 taluks, the state cabinet of Karnataka approved Rs 600 cr project titled Rejuvenating Watersheds for Agriculture Resilience through Innovative Development (REWARD) with World Bank (WB) assistance. This project will benefit farmers to cultivate in 10 lakh hectares of parched land in 10 districts of Karnataka. Notably, the state government would provide Rs 180 crore while the World Bank would extend an assistance of Rs 420 crore for the period of next six years.
- Name the state which revamped ‘SVAYEM’ scheme to provide self-employment opportunities to youths of the state.
4) Himachal Pradesh
The Government of Assam relaunched its old scheme Swami Vivekananda Assam Youth Empowerment (SVAYEM) worth Rs.1000 crore. The scheme is aimed to provide self-employment opportunities to more than 2 lakh youths of the state.The Scheme was launched as a part of the budget in 2017-2018 to benefit around 1 lakh youths.Due to lack of support from the banks, the scheme benefited only around 7000 beneficiaries.
- Which company partnered with CyberPeace Foundation to create awareness on cyber safety among students?
In order to create awareness on cyber safety among students, WhatsApp Inc.(WhatsApp) and CyberPeace Foundation have entered into a partnership. The partnership targets to reach about 15,000 students in 5 Indian states namely, Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand and Maharashtra by the end of 2020 under the first phase of a Pan-India programme. This initiative is built on a previous partnership under the ‘e-Raksha’ programme, which has reached many students.
- The German based KfW IPEX-Bank has financed €10-million loan to which company to facilitate German exports to India?
1) Aditya Birla Capital Limited
2) Edelweiss Financial Services Limited
3) Srei Equipment Finance Limited
4) Centrum Capital Limited
5) Capri Global Capital Limited
Answer-3) Srei Equipment Finance Limited
To facilitate German exports to India, KfW IPEX-Bank has financed € (Euro)10-million (about Rs 87 crore) loan to Srei Equipment Finance Limited (SEFL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Srei Infrastructure Finance Limited. The financing is backed by cover from Euler Hermes.
- Which institute signed MoU with Ministry of Tribal Affairs to set up the National Institute of Tribal Research at New Delhi?
1) Manipal Academy of Higher Education
2) Indira Gandhi National Open University
3) GEMS B School
4) GITAM Institute of Management
5) Indian Institute of Public Administration
Answer-5) Indian Institute of Public Administration
During the Conclave, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA) to set up the National Institute of Tribal Research at IIPA Campus, New Delhi.
- Which IIT signed MoU with National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) for collaboration in Building Accessible Safe Inclusive Indian Cities (BASIIC) programme?
1) IIT Mandi
2) IIT Delhi
3) IIT Roorkee
4) IIT Calcutta
5) IIT Bhopal
Answer-3) IIT Roorkee
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IIT-R)and National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) to collaborate in the areas like universal design principles and inclusive development of the Building Accessible Safe Inclusive Indian Cities (BASIIC) programme of NIUA.
- How many MoUs were signed with major domestic and global companies and with the Government of Netherlands by Andhra Pradesh (September 2020)?
State government of Andhra Pradesh (AP) inked 8 pacts with 7 major domestic and global companies and with the Government of Netherlands to boost the food processing sector of various agricultural products, including bananas, tomatoes, mangoes, sugar, chilies, vegetables, and aqua products in the state. The Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) in this regard was inked in the presence of Chief Minister Yeduguri Sandinti Jaganmohan Reddy. The MoU also aims to empower the women and the socially backward communities economically. It should be noted that the State government is focusing on maximum utilisation of aqua base in the state. The government had already proposed Fisheries University in West Godavari where the farmers are engaged in aqua and fish culture.
- Who has been appointed as the president of Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) recently?
1) Uday Kotak
2) Vinod Aggarwal
4) Kenichi Ayukawa
5) Rajan Wadhera
Answer-4) Kenichi Ayukawa
Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers(SIAM) organised and hosted its 60th SIAM Annual Convention 2020 virtually, titled “Re-Building the Nation, Responsibly”. SIAM appointed Kenichi Ayukawa, Managing Director(MD) and Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of Maruti Suzuki India Ltd appointed as its new President. He succeeds Rajan Wadhera, Senior Advisor, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. Vipin Sondhi, MD & CEO, Ashok Leyland Ltd, appointed as the Vice President of SIAM.
- Name the union minister of tribal affairs who inaugurated the 2-day National Tribal Research Conclave held from September 3-4, 2020.
1) Arjun Munda
2) Harsimrat Kaur Badal
3) Harsh Vardhan
4) Mahendra Nath Pandey
5) Narendra Singh Tomar
Answer-1) Arjun Munda
Union Minister for Tribal Affairs, Arjun Munda virtually inaugurated the two-days National Tribal Research Conclave to be held from September 3-4, 2020. The conclave will be chaired by Union Minister Arjun Munda, it will review progress on the outcome of various projects being implemented under different partnerships, and the best practices will be showcased to all participants. The Conclave has been organized by the Centre of Excellence (CoE) for Tribal Affairs, Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA) and Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA).
- Find the country which hosted the 35th session of the Food and Agriculture Organization regional conference for Asia and the Pacific (Parshottam Rupala represented India).
The Thirty-fifth Session of the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Regional Conference for Asia and the Pacific (APRC 35) hosted by Bhutan at its capital Thimphu, which was held from 1-4 September 2020 through Zoom video conferencing platform amid COVID-19 pandemic and associated public health concerns. The conference was chaired by Bhutan’s Secretary of the agriculture ministry, RinzinDorji.From Indian side the meeting was addressed by Minister of State (MoS) for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Parshottam Khodabhai Rupala.At the close of the APRC35, the Member States agreed unanimously Bangladesh will host the next FAO Regional Conference for Asia and the Pacific (36th APRC) in 2022.
- Which edition of US-India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF) annual leadership summit was held between August 31-September 3, 2020 on the theme “US-India Navigating New Challenges”?
The 5 days long US-India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF) 3rd Annual Leadership Summit was held from August 31-September 3, 2020 on the theme “US-India Navigating New Challenges”. The aim of the summit was to discuss enhancing strategic and economic collaboration between the US and India with focus on trade and investment, healthcare, collaboration in fintech, technology and India’s position in global supply chains. USISPF, formed in 2017 is the only independent bi-lateral organization that is committed to creating the most powerful strategic partnership between the U.S. and India.
- Name the culture minister of India who represented India in the 5th BRICS culture ministers meet held recently.
1) Ram Vilas Paswan
2) Prahlad Singh Patel
3) Harsimrat Kaur Badal
4) Piyush Goyal
5) Prakash Javadekar
Answer-2) Prahlad Singh Patel
Prahlad Singh Patel, Union Minister of State (Independent Charge-I/C) for Culture and Tourism represented India and addressed in 5th BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) Culture Ministers’ Meeting held through video conference under the Chairpersonship of Russian Federation.
- Who represented India in virtual meeting of BRICS ministers of foreign affairs/ international relations held recently?
1) Venkaiah Naidu
2) Nirmala Sitharaman
3) Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
4) Narendra Modi
5) RamNath Govind
Answer-3) Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
Russia, the current chair of BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) chaired the stand alone meeting of BRICS Ministers of Foreign Affairs/ International Relations over a virtual platform through video conferencing.Minister of Foreign Affairs of Russian Federation, Sergey Lavrov chaired the meeting with Dr. Subrahmanyam Jaishankar Union Minister of External Affairs of India, Ernesto Araújo, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Brazil, Wang Yi, State Councilor and Foreign Minister of China, Grace Naledi Pandor, Minister of International Relations and Cooperation of the Republic of South Africa represented the respective BRICS countries.
- India has the _____ largest road network in the world as per Union minister Nitin Gadkari.
Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers(SIAM) organised and hosted its 60th SIAM Annual Convention 2020. The meeting saw the participation of Prakash Javadekar, Union Minister of Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Information & Broadcasting and Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises, Nitin Jairam Gadkari, Union Minister of Road Transport & Highways and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, and Piyush Goyal, Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Railways. During the meet, Nitin Jairam Gadkari stated that currently India has the 2nd largest road network in the world, which is being fuelled by the tremendous growth in construction of expressways and highways.
- Name the company which has acquired Gurgaon-Palwal Transmission Limited (GPTL) from Sterlite power.
2) Reliance Industries
3) IRB Infrastructure
4) Power Grid
5) Oriental Infratrust
India Grid Trust (IndiGrid) has completed acquisition of a transmission asset Gurgaon Palwal Transmission Ltd (“GPTL”), from Sterlite Power at an enterprise value of around Rs. 1,080 crores. With this acquisition, IndiGrid’s AUM (assets under management) has increased by around 9 per cent to Rs. 13,300 crores.
- How many starlink satellites was launched by SpaceX (12th batch) in September 2020 to provide faster internet?
Falcon 9 of SpaceX, a two stage rocket launched the 12th batch of starlink mission with 60 starlink satellites into orbit. Falcon 9 was launched from the Kennedy Space Center of National Aeronautics and Space Administration(NASA), Florida. This launch is the first mission of SpaceX in September and 16th Mission in 2020.
- Which country has launched a reusable experimental spacecraft on a Long March-2F carrier rocket recently?
3) United States
China launched a reusable experimental spacecraft on a Long March-2F carrier rocket from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre in northwestern Chinese region Inner Mongolia. The spacecraft is similar to the X-37B launched by the US. This launch was the 14th mission of the Long March-2F carrier rocket.
- National Teacher’s Day in India was celebrated annually on September 5 to commemorate the birth anniversary of whom?
1) Bhagwan Das
2) Sarvaepalli Radhakrishnan
3) CV Raman
4) C. Rajagopalachari
5) M. Visvesvaraya
Answer-2) Sarvaepalli Radhakrishnan
India celebrates 5th September of every year as the National Teachers day to honour the roles of teachers in shaping the future of the nation. The day is marked on the birth anniversary of India’s former President Bharat Ratna Awardee, renowned teacher and philosopher Dr. Sarvaepalli Radhakrishnan who was born on 5th September 1888. The first National Teacher’s Day was celebrated in 1962.
- The UN’s International day of charity was observed every year on ________.
1) November 15
2) July 2
3) October 18
4) September 5
5) August 29
Answer-4) September 5
The United Nations'(UN) International Day of Charity is observed annually on September 5, to raise awareness about the role of charity to ease poverty and hunger. September 5 was chosen to commemorate the death anniversary of Mother Teresa of Calcutta(Saint Teresa of Calcutta, Mother Mary Teresa Bojaxhiu), who was the recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979.The 1st day was celebrated in 2013.
- The researchers of Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) discovered 2 new species of _______ in western Ghats recently.
1) Cockroach Wasps
5) None of the Above
Answer-1) Cockroach Wasps
Researchers of the Zoological Survey of India (ZSI), Kozhikode discovered 2 new species of Cockroach Wasps in Western Ghats. These new species were named Dolichurussahyadriensis after Sahyadri or Western Ghat mountain ranges and Dolichuruschareshi after C.Charesh, the laboratory assistant, ZSI who contributed in the collection of the species. Dr. P. M. Sureshan, Dr. P. Girish Kumar and Junior Research Fellow, S. Anagha were the members of the team that discovered the 2 species.The findings will be published in the Zootaxa, an internationally peer reviewed journal of animal taxonomy.
- Which state/UT launched an online performance appraisal system named “SPARROW”?
2) Uttar Pradesh
3) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer-3) Jammu & Kashmir
Jammu & Kashmir Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha launched the online portal, Smart Performance Appraisal Report Recording Online Window (SPARROW) for Jammu & Kashmir Administrative Service Officers (JKAS).The SPARROW system will benefit around 1289 officers and is aimed at bringing more transparency, avoiding loss of Appraisal Reports (APR) during transition, ensuring better monitoring and timely completion of performance appraisals of JKAS officers.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- The stadium in which state was named after Bhaichung Bhutia?
1) Arunachal Pradesh
Bhaichung Bhutia is set to become the first Indian footballer to have a stadium named after him. The stadium is situated in Namchi- 25 kilometres from the legendary footballer’s birthplace, Tinkitam in the district of South Sikkim.
- Sanjay Gandhi National Park is located in which state?
4) Uttar Pradesh
Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray announced that a 600-acre land parcel in the Aarey Milk Colony near Sanjay Gandhi National Park (SGNP) would be reserved as a forest.
- Sheikh Ul-Alam International Airport is located in which city?
Sheikh ul-Alam International Airport also known as Srinagar Airport or Budgam airbase is a military airbase that serves Srinagar, the summer capital of the union territory of Jammu and Kashmir, India. It is owned by the Indian Air Force, and the Airports Authority of India operates a civil enclave at the airport.
- Where is the headquarters of Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) located?
The headquarters of Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is located at Rome, Italy.
- The headquarters of Srei Equipment Finance Limited is located at ________.
Srei Equipment Finance Limited is a Public incorporated on 13 June 2006. It is classified as Non-Govt company and is registered at Registrar of Companies, Kolkata, West Bengal.