AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 6 & 7 February 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- Which is the 1st Railway Station to be constructed in the Mumbai – Ahmedabad High Speed Rail (MAHSR) Corridor that is set to host India’s 1st Bullet Train?
5) ThaneAnswer-4) Surat
Surat (Gujarat) is set to become the first station to be ready between Mumbai – Ahmedabad Bullet Train route for India’s first futuristic High Speed Rail project, Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail (MAHSR) Corridor.
i. National High Speed Rail Corporation Ltd. (NHSRCL) is the implementing agency for the project.
- The Global Digital Skills Index 2022 was released by __________ & the Index was topped by _________.
1) Oracle; Brazil
2) Salesforce; India
3) Oracle; Mexico
4) Salesforce; Brazil
5) HubSpot; ThailandAnswer-2) Salesforce; India
Salesforce released the 2022 Global Digital Skills Index which highlights the growing global digital skills crisis & the need for action.
i. India topped the Index with the score 63 out of 100, the average global readiness score was 33 out of 100.
ii. India has the highest readiness index among the 19 countries & also leads the digital skills readiness.
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the RBI data (as of Feb’22) on Indian Company’s External Commercial Borrowing (ECB)?
A) The overseas borrowings of Indian companies stood at USD 34.82 billion in the first 3 quarters of FY22 and jumped over 10% in the first 8MFY22.
B) ECBs for the on-lending or sub-lending in the 1st 9MFY22 stood at USD 6.72 billion which was higher than USD 6.67 billion raised by the non-banking lenders in FY21.
C) The total credit growth of Banks & NBFCs will improve by 9% to 11% in FY23.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) Only B & CAnswer-5) Only B & C
The overseas borrowings of Indian companies stood at USD 23.28 billion in the first 3 quarters of FY22 and jumped over 19% in the first 9MFY22 (nine months of the current fiscal).
i. ECBs for the on-lending or sub-lending in the 1st 9MFY22 stood at USD 6.72 billion which was higher than USD 6.67 billion raised by the non-banking lenders in FY21.
ii. The total credit growth of Banks & NBFCs will improve by 9% to 11% in FY23.
- Which Organization recently (in Feb’22) signed an MoU with the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) to strengthen Cyber Security Capabilities?
5) SIDBIAnswer-5) SIDBI
Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) signed an MoU with the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), a premier R&D organization under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), to boost collaboration in Cyber Security and Allied sectors.
i. Under the agreement both SIDBI and C-DAC will collaborate to explore innovation and use of emerging technologies in the areas of Cyber Security, AI (Artificial Intelligence), block chain, etc. and related training and capacity building aspects in the Banking Sector.
- Which Bank was recently (in Feb’22) awarded with the DX 2021 Awards for Best Practice in Digital Transformation by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)?
1) Axis Bank
2) State Bank of India
3) Karnataka Bank
4) ICICI Bank
5) RBL BankAnswer-3) Karnataka Bank
Karnataka Bank was awarded with the Digital Transformation Award (DX 2021 Awards), in recognition of the “innovative” best practice ‘KBL VIKAAS’, by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for Best Practice in Digital Transformation.
About Karnataka Bank:
MD & CEO- M.S. Mahabaleshwara
Headquarters– Mangalore, Karnataka
- Who was recently (in Feb’22) appointed as the Chairperson of the University Grants Commission (UGC) for the period of 5 years?
1) K. Sanjay Murthy
2) Veda Prakash
3) M. Jagadesh Kumar
4) Sukhadeo Thorat
5) D P SinghAnswer-3) M. Jagadesh Kumar
The Vice-Chancellor (VC) of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), Mamidala Jagadesh Kumar was appointed as the Chairperson of the University Grants Commission (UGC). He is appointed for a period of five years (2022-2027).
i. M. Jagadesh Kumar will succeed Prof D P Singh, the former UGC Chairman, who resigned in December 2021.
- In February 2022, __________ Raised its stake to 9.9% in India International Clearing Corporation (IICC) at IFSC GIFT City.
1) YES Bank
2) ICICI Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) IndusInd Bank
5) Axis BankAnswer-2) ICICI Bank
ICICI Bank Limited has bought additional stake in India International Clearing Corporation (IICC) at International Financial Services centre (IFSC) in Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City), Gujarat for Rs 4.43 crore, raising to 9.90 percent.
i. Around 44,262,356 equity shares at Rs. 1 per share were allotted to ICICI Bank on 2nd February 2022 for a cash consideration of Rs 44.3 million (Rs 4.43 crore).
About ICICI Bank Limited:
Establishment – 1994
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO – Sandeep Bakhshi
Tagline – ‘Hum Hain Na Khayal Apka’
- The International Space Station (ISS), which was launched in 1998, is projected to drop into the Pacific Ocean in _______ after the expiry of its operation period.
5) 2031Answer-5) 2031
According to The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), the International Space Station (ISS), launched in 1998 will deorbit in January 2031 that drops into the most remotest point in the Pacific Ocean in 2031. ISS will continue its operations till 2030.
i. About ISS deorbiting: Once out of orbit, the ISS would descend in Point Nemo before splash-landing, which is about 2,700 km from any land.
ii. NASA has announced a new transition plan for ‘low-Earth orbit science’ which will be launched by Blue Origin, Nanoracks LLC and Northrop Grumman Systems Corporation.
- Cricketer Suranga Lakmal recently (in Feb’22) announced his retirement from International Cricket. Which country did he represent in International Cricket?
2) South Africa
3) Sri Lanka
4) West Indies
5) New ZealandAnswer-3) Sri Lanka
Suranga Lakmal, a veteran Sri Lankan cricketer, announced retirement from international cricket after Sri Lanka’s tour of India which ends in March 2022.
i. He has played 68 Tests and 86 One Day International (ODI).
ii. He has also captained the Sri Lankan Test team in 5 matches in 2018.
- Padma Shri awardee Ibrahim Nabisaheb Sutar also known as Kabir of Karnataka, recently (Feb’22) passed away. In which field he received Padma Shri Award in 2018?
4) Science & Engineering
5) Public AffairsAnswer-3) Art
Padma Shri Ibrahim Nabisaheb Sutar, a social worker fondly referred to as ‘Kabir of Karnataka’, has passed away in Mahalingpur, Bagalkot, Karnataka.
i. Ibrahim Nabisaheb Sutar was a part of the group that floated ‘Bhaivaikyada Janapada Sangeetha Mela’ in 1970.
ii. The government of India has honoured him with Padma Shri in 2018 for art.