AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 6 & 7 December 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- On the occasion of 63rd Foundation day of Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI), Bravery Award was conferred to
1) Najimudheen T S
2) B. Sankaran
3) Sumer Sen
4) Both 1 and 2
5) Both 1 and 3Answer-5) Both 1 and 3
On the occasion of 63rd Founding Day of the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI), Bravery Awards were conferred upon Najimudheen T S of DRI Cochin Zonal Unit and Sumer Sen, an independent witness of a case booked by DRI, Jaipur.
- Suryadhar lake is located in which state?
3) Uttar Pradesh
5) ChandigarhAnswer-2) Uttarakhand
On November 29, 2020 Trivendra Singh Rawat, Chief Minister(CM) of Uttarakhand inaugurated the Suryadhar lake on Jakhan river at Doiwala, Dehradun district, Uttarakhand.
- “Global Wage Report 2020-21: Wages and Minimum wages in the time of COVID-19” was released by which international organisation?
1) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
2) World Bank
3) World Trade Organisation (WTO)
4) Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
5) International Labour Organisation (ILO)Answer-5) International Labour Organisation (ILO)
“Global Wage Report 2020-21: Wages and minimum wages in the time of COVID-19” released by International Labour Organization (ILO), Women and Lower-paid workers were impacted the most due to decrease in wages because of reduced working hours during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Who virtually addressed the 4th South Asia Forum on Sustainable Development Goals 2020, organised by UNESCAP and Government of Maldives
1) Narendra Modi
2) Amit Shah
3) Nirmala Sitharaman
4) Nityanand Rai
5) Anurag ThakurAnswer-4) Nityanand Rai
From December 2-3 2020, UNESCAP (United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific) South Asia and Pacific & Government of Maldives organized 4th South Asian Forum of Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 2020 virtually.During the Forum, a special dialogue on disaster and climate resilience in South Asia was also organized. It was virtually addressed by Minister of State (MoS) Nityanand Rai, Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA)
- West Bengal state government extends which scheme to provide an insurance coverage of Rs. 5 lakhs to entire population of the state
1) Swasthya Sathi Scheme
2) Prochesta Scheme
3) Sneher Porosh Scheme
4) Matir Smristi Scheme
5) Karmai Dharma SchemeAnswer-1) Swasthya Sathi Scheme
West Bengal(WB) Chief Minister(CM) Mamata Banerjee extended the state’s Health Insurance scheme “Swasthya Sathi Scheme” to cover the entire population of the state. The cashless scheme will be a relief to the population hardly hit by COVID-19. The state government will also have to bear an annual expense of Rs. 2,000 crores for Swasthya Sathi health scheme.
- On the 4th Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Committee, RBI has projected the GDP for FY-2021 as
5) (-)7.5%Answer-5) (-)7.5%
The 6-member Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) meeting of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) was held from December 2-4, 2020 which was headed by RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das. During the meeting it was projected that the real GDP (Gross Domestic Product) growth will contract at 7.5% in FY21. It is an upgrade in comparison to -9.5% in October MPC review
- RBI has extended on-tap Targeted Long-Term Repo Operations (TLTRO) by bringing 26 stressed sectors identified which Committee,
1) kasthuri rangan Committee
2) Ram Shankar Katheria Committee
3) Sabyasachi Mukherjee Committee
4) Kundapur Vaman Kamath Committee
5) Kamal Narain Singh CommitteeAnswer-4) Kundapur Vaman Kamath Committee
The 6-member Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) has decided to extend on-tap Targeted Long-Term Repo Operations (TLTRO) by bringing 26 stressed sectors identified by the Kamath Committee under the chairmanship of Kundapur Vaman Kamath in order to provide more liquidity in the economy.
- Bengaluru Smart Energy Efficient Power Distribution Project has been approved $190 million (over Rs 1,400 crore) loan for its development by which bank?
1) World Bank
2) International Monetary Fund
3) Asian Development Bank
4) European Investment Bank
5) United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the PacificAnswer-3) Asian Development Bank
On December 4, 2020 The Asian Development Bank (ADB) approved a $190 million (over Rs 1,400 crore) loan for the Bengaluru Smart Energy Efficient Power Distribution Project.
- Life Click 2 Wealth ULIP (Unit Linked Insurance Plan) digital campaign was launched by which insurance company?
1) Life Insurance Corporation
2) HDFC Life
3) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
4) Max Life Insurance
5) SBI Life InsuranceAnswer-2) HDFC Life
On December 4, 2020 HDFC Life launched HDFC Life Click 2 Wealth ULIP (Unit Linked Insurance Plan) digital campaign. The campaign focuses on the role of ULIPs as part of a wise financial plan.
- Which bank has launched the Overdraft Scheme “Kirishi” for the benefit of Farmers?
1) Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank
2) Chaitanya Godavari Grameena Bank
3) Baroda Rajasthan Kshetriya Gramin Bank
4) Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank
5) Bihar Gramin BankAnswer-1) Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank
On December 5, 2020 Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB) launched ‘Kirishi OD(Overdraft) scheme’ for farmers. The OD facility is given to farmers based on the value of the land.
- In a move to improve cooperation in intellectual property, India’s DPIIT has signed a MoU with which countries organisation,
1) WIPO, United Nations
2) USPTO, United States
3) EUIPO, European Union
4) KIPO, South Korea
5) ARIPO, AfricaAnswer-2) USPTO, United States
On 2nd December, 2020 India’s Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) and the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to increase cooperation between India and the US on Intellectual Property (IP).
- Who is the Newly appointed President of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) for the year 2020-21
1) Shobana Kamineni
2) Uday Shankar
3) Sunil Rayan
4) Jahnabi Phookan
5) Sangita ReddyAnswer-2) Uday Shankar
On 4th December, 2020 The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) elected Uday Shankar as its President for the year 2020-21. He will succeed Sangita Reddy.Mr. Shankar is the first person from the media and entertainment industry to lead a national industry chamber like FICCI.
- PEN Hessell-Tiltman Prize 2020 winning book ‘The Patient Assassin: A True Tale of Massacre, Revenge and the Raj’ was authored by
1) Jhumpa Lahiri
2) Anita Nair
3) Sudha Murty
4) Shashi Deshpande
5) Anita AnandAnswer-5) Anita Anand
The book titled ‘The Patient Assassin: A True Tale of Massacre, Revenge and the Raj’ authored by Journalist Anita Anand, a British Indian wins £2,000 annual PEN Hessell-Tiltman Prize 2020.
- Who is the Fortune’s Businessperson of the Year 2020?
1) Lisa Su
2) Tim Cook
3) Jensen Huang
4) Elon Musk
5) Ajay BangaAnswer-4) Elon Musk
On December 2, 2020 The Fortune ranked Shantanu Narayen, Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of Adobe in 8th position and Ajay Banga, CEO of Mastercard in 9th position in its list of Businessperson of the Year 2020. The list is topped by Elon Musk, co-founder & CEO of Tesla. He is also CEO of Space Exploration Technologies Corp.(SpaceX). He tops the list for the second time.
- On 3-4 December, 6th India-CLMV Business conclave 2020 was concluded, here CMLV means,
1) Cambodia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Vietnam
2) China, Laos, Malaysia, Vatican
3) Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Vietnam
4) China, Lithuania, Malaysia, Venezuela
5) Canada, Lebanon, Maldives, VenezuelaAnswer-3) Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Vietnam
Minister of State, External Affairs V Muraleedharan addressed the 6th India-CLMV (Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar & Vietnam) Business Conclave 2020: “Building Bridges for Constructive Development” held in CII (Confederation of Indian Industry) HIVE, the virtual platform of CII from December 3-4, 2020.
- Which is the target year set on the occasion of 7th WASH Conclave, 2020 to provide safe drinking water to all households?
5) 2035Answer-4) 2024
A 3-Day 7th edition of Virtual Conclave on Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) 2020 kicked off in Hyderabad from December 2-4, 2020. It was organized by UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund), National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRD & PR) in collaboration with 3 state governments – Telangana, Andhra Pradesh & Karnataka. Governor of Andhra Pradesh, Biswabhusan Harichandan participated as the Chief Guest of the Conclave. Theme of this year is “Hygiene Matters”. The Year 2024 is set as a target for providing access, and use of safe and adequate drinking water to all households.
- Under the National Mission of Manuscripts, India has printed 25 volumes of which religious text?
1) The Tanach
2) Quran and Hadith
5) BibleAnswer-3) Kanjur
On December 3, 2020 The 7th meeting of the India-Mongolia Joint Committee on Cooperation 2020 was held virtually. It was chaired jointly by Dr. S. Jaishankar, External Affairs Minister, India & Mr. L. Oyun-Erdene, Minister and Chief Cabinet Secretary, Government of Mongolia. Both Countries acknowledged the 65th Anniversary of Establishment of Diplomatic Relations between the two countries. India handed over 25 volumes of Mongolian Kanjur, a Buddhist canonical text in 108 volumes printed by India under the National Mission for Manuscripts.
- New Space India Limited (NSIL), Department of Space (DoS) has signed a pact with which private firm to launch India’s 1st Private remote-sensing satellite on ISRO’s PSLV in 2021
2) Sierra Nevada
3) Virgin Galactic
4) Bigelow Aerospace
5) Pixxel SpaceAnswer-5) Pixxel Space
Pixxel, a satellite-imaging startup has signed a one-of-its-kind agreement with NewSpace India Limited (NSIL), Department of Space (DoS) under the Indian National Space Promotion and Authorisation Centre (IN-SPACe) to launch India’s 1st Private remote-sensing satellite on ISRO’s (Indian Space Research Organization) PSLV (Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle) rocket in early 2021. Pixxel’s agreement with NSIL is one of the first since the setting up of IN-SPACe.
- Which cricketer retired from international cricket in 2020 and signed a 3-year deal with USA’s Major League Cricket (MLC)?
1) Suresh Raina
2) Sudeep Tyagi
3) Corey Anderson
4) Ambati Rayudu
5) Mahendra Singh DhoniAnswer-3) Corey Anderson
On 5th December, 2020 New Zealand all-rounder Corey Anderson announced retirement from International Cricket and signed a 3-year deal with USA’s Major League Cricket (MLC). Corey Anderson once holded the record for fastest ODI century for his 36 ball hundred against West Indies in 2013.
- Which country has been appointed by FIFA to host the 18th Edition FIFA Club World Cup in 2021?
5) GermanyAnswer-2) Japan
On December 5, 2020, FIFA (Federation Internationale de Football Association) announced that Japan will host the existing Seven-Team format of FIFA Club World Cup in December, 2021. It will be the 18th Edition of FIFA Club World Cup.
- Rafer Johnson, who acted in “License to Kill” 1989 James Bond movie passed away recently, he was an Olympic champion for Rome in which sport?
2) Olympic weightlifting
5) GymnasticsAnswer-1) Decathlon
On 2nd December 2020, Rafer Johnson, the champion of decathlon at the 1960’s Rome Olympics passed away at the age of 86 in his residence in Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles, United States of America. He was born on 18th August 1934 in Hillsboro, Texas, USA. He also acted in “License to Kill” 1989 James Bond movie.
- The administrator of the Union Territory(UT) of Lakshadweep, Dineshwar Sharma, passed away recently, he was also the former chief of which organisation
1) Enforcement Directorate
2) Research and Analysis Wing
3) National Investigation Agency
4) Intelligence Bureau
5) Bureau of Police Research and DevelopmentAnswer-4) Intelligence Bureau
On 4th December 2020, Dineshwar Sharma, the administrator of the Union Territory(UT) of Lakshadweep and the former chief of Intelligence Bureau(IB) passed away at the age of 66 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, due to lung ailments. He was a retired IPS officer of Kerala Cadre who was serving as the Administrator of Lakshadweep since October 2019. He was born on 23rd March 1954 in Bihar.
- On 5th December, United Nations(UN) celebrated International Volunteer Day (IVD), and the theme of 2020 edition is
1) Volunteer for an inclusive future
2) Together We Can Through Volunteering
3) Volunteers build Resilient Communities
4) Volunteers Act First. Here. Everywhere.
5) Volunteer to fight the PandemicAnswer-2) Together We Can Through Volunteering
The United Nations(UN)’s International Volunteer Day for Economic and Social Development, commonly referred as International Volunteer Day (IVD) is annually celebrated across the globe on 5th December to create awareness about the important contributions of the volunteer services and encourage people to offer their service as volunteers.
The theme of the International Volunteers Day 2020(IVD2020) is “Together We Can Through Volunteering”.
- United Nations(UN)’s World Soil day is annually observed across the globe on
1) 2 December
2) 7 November
3) 5 November
4) 7 December
5) 5 DecemberAnswer- 5) 5 December
United Nations(UN)’s World Soil day is annually observed across the globe on 5th December to focus the global attention on the importance of healthy soil and to promote the sustainable management of soil resources.
- To recognise the importance of banks in financing sustainable development, UN celebrates the first ever International Day of Banks across the globe on
1) 5 November
2) 8 September
3) 3 December
4) 4 December
5) 15 NovemberAnswer-4) 4 December
The United Nations (UN)’s celebrates the first ever International Day of Banks across the globe on 4th December 2020. The day is observed to recognise the important potential of multilateral development banks and other international development banks in financing sustainable development.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the President of United Nations General Assembly (UNGA), in December 2020
1) António Guterres
2) Joseph Deiss
3) Kristalina Georgieva
4) Volkan Bozkir
5) David MalpassAnswer-4) Volkan Bozkir
Volkan Bozkır of Turkey was elected the President of the 75th session of the UN General Assembly
- Who is the MD & CEO of HDFC Life?
1) Dinesh Kumar Khara
2) Aditya Puri
3) Sandeep Bakhshi
4) Rakesh Sharma
5) Vibha PadalkarAnswer- 5) Vibha Padalkar
The current Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of HDFC Life insurance is Vibha Padalkar.
- Which country is at the top spot in FIFA Men’s Ranking in December, 2020?
5) SpainAnswer-3) Belgium
Belgium currently sit top of the FIFA world rankings, just ahead of reigning world champions France.
- Who is the President of Asian Development Bank (ADB) in December, 2020?
1) Takehiko Nakao
2) Rakesh Sharma
3) Masatsugu Asakawa
4) David Malpass
5) Gita GopinathAnswer-3) Masatsugu Asakawa
Masatsugu Asakawa is the President of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Chairperson of ADB’s Board of Directors. He was elected President by ADB’s Board of Governors and assumed office on 17 January 2020.
- What is the currency of Mongolia?
5) SomAnswer-3) Togrog
The tögrög or tugrik is the official currency of Mongolia. The Mongolian People’s Republic was proclaimed in November 1924, with the capital city Ulaanbaatar.