AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 5 March 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- On the occasion of World Hearing Day (3rd March), Harsh Vardhan virtually inaugurated 6 new Outreach Service Centers for Communication Disorders by the All India Institute of Speech and Hearing (AIISH). Where is AIISH located?
1) Gurugram, Haryana
2) Bhopal, Odisha
3) Patna, Bihar
4) Mysuru, Karnataka
5) Vellore, Tamil Nadu
Answer-4) Mysuru, Karnataka
On 3rd March 2021, as a part of the World Hearing Day, Harsh Vardhan, released the Pictorial guidebook on ‘Prevent Hearing Loss’ prepared by Directorate General of Health Services(DGHS)- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research(PGIMER). virtually inaugurated the six new Outreach Service Centres for Communication Disorders by the All India Institute of Speech and Hearing (AIISH), Mysuru, Karnataka. The centres have been set up in Bihar (1), Odisha (1), and Karnataka (4).
- What is the theme of 2nd edition of Global Bio-India 2021 that was held virtually from New Delhi?
1) Biotechnology: From Evidence to Excellence
2) Transforming lives
3) Biotechnology: AtmaNirbhar Bharat
4) Private Investment in Biotechnology
5) Biosciences to Bio-economy
Answer-2) Transforming lives
A 3-day long 2nd edition of Global Bio-India 2021 was held virtually from New Delhi on March 1-3, 2021 which was inaugurated by Union Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan, Ministry of Science & Technology. The theme of the event was ‘Transforming lives’ with the tag line ‘Biosciences to Bio-economy’.
Organizers of Global Bio-India 2021:
Department of Biotechnology (DBT)
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC)
Partners Country: Switzerland and The Netherlands
Partner States: Karnataka and Odisha
- Recently (in Mar’21), Union Cabinet gave approval for signing an MoU with _________ for mutual cooperation in Renewable Energy Sector.
4) South Korea
On March 3, 2021, The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi approved the following Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs).
i.MoU between India & France in the field of Renewable Energy cooperation. It covers bilateral cooperation in renewable energy technologies relating to Solar, Wind, Hydrogen & Biomass energy.
ii.MoU between India & Fiji for cooperation in the field of Agriculture and Allied Sectors. Establishment of an Indo-Fiji Working Group for dealing with phytosanitary issues.
- Where did PM Narendra Modi inaugurate (in Mar’21) Dr. Syama Prasad Mookerjee Institute of Medical Sciences and Research?
2) AIIMS, New Delhi
3) IIT Madras
4) IIT Kharagpur
Answer-4) IIT Kharagpur
Prime Minister(PM) Shri Narendra Modi has addressed the 66th Convocation of IIT Kharagpur through a video conference and also inaugurated Dr. Syama Prasad Mookerjee Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, a super specialty hospital, at IIT Kharagpur.
- Which country recently (in Mar’21), signed ‘procurement of defence material and equipment’ with India, to procure the India’s BrahMos supersonic cruise missiles?
Philippines signed an implementing arrangement for ‘procurement of defence material and equipment’ with India during a pact’s signing ceremony at the Camp Aguinaldo in Manila, headquarters of the Armed Forces of the Philippines. Under this pact, there is a possible sale of the Indo-Russian BrahMos supersonic cruise missiles to the Philippines. It is the only supersonic cruise missile in the world that flies at three times the speed of sound (2.8 Mach).
- Which year was adopted as ‘International Year of Millets’ by UN General Assembly (UNGA) based on the resolution initiated by India?
On March 3, 2021, the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) adopted a resolution sponsored by India to mark 2023 as ‘International Year of Millets’. The resolution was initiated by India along with Bangladesh, Kenya, Nepal, Nigeria, Russia & Senegal. The resolution ‘International Year of Millets 2023’ was supported by over 70 nations. The resolution called for the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) of the UN to implement the International Year of Millets in 2023. Previously, India celebrated 2018 as the National Year of Millets.
- Who was appointed (in Mar’21) as the chairperson of the AIBA Champion and Veterans Committee?
1) Umar Kremlev
2) Mary Kom
3) Michael Philip Carruth
4) Nicola Adams
5) Laishram Sarita Devi
Answer-2) Mary Kom
International Boxing Association (AIBA) has appointed 6-time Boxing World Champion Mary Kom as the chairperson of the AIBA Champion and Veterans Committee. She was elected by the mail vote of the Board Member of AIBA. Olympic medalist Michael Philip Carruth of Ireland was appointed as the Vice Chairperson of the committee by the board of directors. Mary Kom is the 1st Indian Female athlete to win the gold medal in Commonwealth & Asian Games.
- Who was appointed (in Mar’21) as the Revenue Secretary of India?
1) Tarun Bajaj
2) Ajay Bhushan Pandey
3) Ajay Kumar
4) Rajiv Gauba
5) Tushar Mehta
Answer-1) Tarun Bajaj
The appointments committee of Cabinet notified that Department of economic affairs secretary Tarun Bajaj has been given the additional charge of the post of secretary, department of revenue under the Ministry of Finance, He succeeds Ajay Bhushan Pandey who retires from February 28 2021.
- Where was the Multinational Air exercise ‘Desert Flag VI’ held (in Mar’21), that saw the participation of Indian Air Force for the 1st time?
2) United Arab Emirates
3) Saudi Arabia
Answer-2) United Arab Emirates
For the 1st Time, Indian Air Force (IAF) is participating in the Annual Multinational Large force employment warfare exercise ‘Desert Flag VI’ held at the Al-Dhafra Air Base, United Arab Emirates. Participating Countries – Bahrain, France, Saudi Arabia, South Korea and USA.
IAF is participating in such a multilateral exercise for the 4th time in the last 5 years. Other Multilateral exercises are:
American ‘Reg Flag’ – 2016
Israeli ‘Blue Flag’ – 2017
Australian ‘Pitch Black’ wargames – 2018
- Who recently (in Mar’21) became the 3rd batsman in the history of international cricket to hit six 6s in an over?
1) Chris Gayle
2) Martin Guptill
3) Kieron Pollard
4) Evin Lewis
5) Henry Nicholls
Answer-3) Kieron Pollard
West Indies limited-overs format skipper Kieron Pollard became the third batsman in the history of international cricket after Herschelle Gibbs (South Africa) and Yuvraj Singh(India) to hit six 6s in an over. He achieved the feat in the first T20I of the three-match series against Sri Lanka here at the Coolidge Cricket Ground in Antigua.