AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 5 June 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which ministry along with Human Resource Development ministry jointly launched student internship programme named “TULIP”?
1) Ministry of Home Affairs
2) Ministry of Health and Family Affairs
3) Ministry of Social justice and Empowerment
4) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
5) Ministry of Panchayat Raj
Answer-4) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
Ramesh PokhriyalNishank, the Union Minister of Human Resource Development (HRD) and Shri Hardeep S. Puri, (Minister of State (MoS) for Housing & Urban Affairs, have jointly launched The Urban Learning Internship Programme (TULIP) developed by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) with the aim to provide internship opportunities to thousands of fresh graduates and engineers of the county under the ‘Smart City’ projects.
- Name the skill mapping exercise launched by Skill Development and Entrepreneurship ministry along with Civil Aviation Ministry and External Affairs Ministry under Vande Bharat Mission.
Under the joint initiative by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship(MSDE), Civil Aviation Ministry (MoCA) and External Affairs Ministry (MEA), the Union govt. has launched a new initiative Skilled Workers Arrival Database for Employment Support(SWADES). SWADES is launched in order to conduct a skill mapping exercise of the returning citizens under the Vande Bharat Mission (VBM).
- Which port trust was renamed as Syama Prasad Mukherjee Port Trust as approved by union cabinet?
1) Mumbai Port Trust
2) Chennai Port Trust
3) Kolkata Port Trust
4) Cochin Port Trust
5) Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust
Answer-3) Kolkata Port Trust
The Union Cabinet has given its nod to rename Kolkata Port Trust as Syama Prasad Mukherjee Port Trust on the lines of the announcement made by PM Narendra Modi on January 11, 2020 while marking the 150th-anniversary celebrations of the port trust. The Board of Trustees of Kolkata Port Trust also passed a resolution for renaming the port in its meeting held on February 25, 2020.
- Union cabinet approved the MoU with which country to improve cooperation in the areas of Environment?
The Union cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi approved the Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) between India & Bhutan to improve cooperation in the areas of Environment.
- The Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser (PSA) and the Department of Science and Technology (DST) started the process of consultation of Science, Technology and Innovation Policy (STIP 2020). Who is the Current PSA?
2) K VijayRaghavan
3) Shirish Panda
4) Shailja Vaidya Gupta
Answer-2) K VijayRaghavan
The Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser (PSA) to the Government of India (GoI) and the Department of Science and Technology (DST) have jointly started the process of consultation for the new & 5th national Science, Technology and Innovation Policy (STIP 2020). K VijayRaghavan is the present PSA to GOI.
- Which state has launched “Spandan” campaign for police?
4) Madhya Pradesh
Chhattisgarh Police have launched a special campaign titled “spandan” to check mental stress and depression among their personnel by conducting interactive programmes and arranging counselling sessions, music and yoga therapies. The motive of the campaign is to prevent the force from depression and stress pushing them to take extreme steps.
- Central government approved Rs. 812 Crores to which state for the implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission?
3) Tamil Nadu
Centre has approved a higher allocation of Rs 812 crore for implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission in Odisha during 2020-21 (100% connections by 2024).The Centre has approved 175 crore rupees for implementation of JJM in Meghalaya during 2020-21 (100% connections by December 2022) &Rs. 1407 crore to Assam &Rs 1,832.66 crore to Bihar (100% target by 2020-21) &Rs 255 Crore to Arunachal Pradesh (100% target by March 2023) also, Puducherry has set the plan to achieve the target by 2020-21.
- The cabinet has approved the amendment of Essential Commodities Act recently (no restrictions on farmers on selling their produce to any individual, or a company). The act was originally enacted in which year?
The Union cabinet approved amending the six-decade old Essential Commodities Act (ECA), 1955 following the announcement made by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman It will be amended to attract investments into the farm sector.
- Which private sector bank has introduced the 1st of its kind app to open current accounts?
1) YES Bank
2) ICICI Bank
3) RBL Bank
4) HDFC Bank
5) IndusInd Bank
Answer-5) IndusInd Bank
IndusInd Bank Limited, an Indian new generation bank, has introduced a first-of-its-kind facility for customers to open current accounts (CA) through its ‘Indus Corporate’ mobile app.
- Find the private bank which partnered with Mastercard India &Worldline India to launch ‘Soft POS’.
1) DBS Bank
2) ICICI Bank
3) Axis Bank
4) HDFC Bank
5) City Union Bank
Answer-3) Axis Bank
Axis Bank Ltd, Mastercard India &Worldline India partnered to launch a digital point-of-sale(POS) solution ‘Soft POS’, the 1st financial payments service in India to transform everyday smartphones into merchant POS terminals. It helps offline merchants and Kirana stores accept payments using their smartphones.
- GAIL (India) Ltd signed MoU with EESL for development of Trigeneration projects in India. The GAIL (India) functions under which ministry?
1) Ministry of Corporate Affairs
2) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
3) Ministry of Law and Justice
4) Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
5) Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
Answer-4) Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
State-owned Natural gas company GAIL (India) Ltd (formerly known as Gas Authority of India Ltd) and Energy Efficiency Services Ltd(EESL) signed Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) for development of”trigeneration” projects in India through video conference(VC).GAIL (India) Ltd was incorporated in August 1984 as a Central Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) under the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas (MoP&NG).
- Who was appointed as the brand ambassador of Adidas recently?
2) Priyanka Chopra
4) Diana Hayden
5) Aishwarya Rai
The former Miss World 2017 ManushiChhillar joined Rohit Sharma, Indian star Batsman, Hima Das Sprinter from Assam and Actor Ranveer Singh as the brand ambassador of Adidas.She supports the #HOMETEAMHERO challenge of Adidas to stay physically and mentally fit in the lockdown due to COVID-19 and use sports as a platform to inspire and encourage the women and children to take up sports.
- Former Miss World ManushiChhillar joined the global initiative of #RedDotChallenge campaign recently. Which organization launched this campaign.
1) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
2) United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
3) United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
4) Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
5) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
Answer-3) United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
On Menstrual Hygiene Day, 28th May 2020, 23-year-old, former Miss World ManushiChhillar collaborated in the global initiative of the United Nations Children’s Fund(UNICEF), the “Red Dot Challenge” to create awareness and to educate the girls about menstrual hygiene and construction of sanitation facilities and access to hygiene products.
- Facebook to acquire 9.9% stake in Jio Platforms through which company?
1) Jaadhu Holdings LLC
2) Keiretsu Holdings LLC
3) Berkshire Hathaway Holdings LLC
4) ChaebolHoldings LLC
5) Atlanta Holdings LLC
Answer-1) Jaadhu Holdings LLC
As per regulatory documents, Facebook will acquire 9.9 per cent stake in Jio Platforms via a new entity Jaadhu Holdings LLC, which was announced in April 2020 with an investment of $ 5.7 billion (Rs 43,574 crore). Jaadhu is a newly incorporated company formed in March 2020 under the laws of the State of Delaware, US(United States) and is not engaged in any business in India or anywhere.
- Name the organization which has developed “SUMERU-PACS” to provide comfort for the doctors and healthcare workers who wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
1) Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC)
2) Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
3) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
4) National Informatics Centre (NIC)
5) National Development Centre (NDC)
Answer-2) Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
Defence Research and Development Organisation(DRDO) developed “SUMERU-PACS”, a personal air circulation system to provide comfort for the doctors and healthcare workers who wear Personal Protective Equipment(PPE) for more than 6 hours and suffer due to sweating.
- Who authored the book titled, “The Dry Fasting Miracle: From Deprive to Thrive” (Co-author – Sheikh Abdulaziz)?
1) Luke Coutinho
2) Deepak Chopra
3) John Ratey
4) Brian Keane
5) Misty Copeland
Answer-1) Luke Coutinho
The Dry Fasting Miracle: From Deprive to Thrive, a book on the benefits of dry fasting diet by the famous personal lifestyle coach and author, Luke Coutinho and co-authored by a member of UAE’s Ajman royal Family, Sheikh Abdulaziz Bin Ali Bin Rashid Al Nuaimi, published under the Ebury Press a division of Penguin Random House and the ebook version is available on Kindle.
- Basu Chatterjee who passed away recently is a renowned _________.
1) Classical Dancer
4) Film Director
5) Music Director
Answer-4) Film Director
Veteran filmmaker-screenwriter Basu Chatterjee passed away at 90 in his Santacruz residence, Mumbai due to age-related health issues. He worked in Hindi & Bengali cinema and was a dialogue writer and produced a few films. He received the National Film Award for Best Film on Family Welfare in 1992 for his film Durga. He was born on January 10, 1930, in Ajmer, British India.
- When was the International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression 2020 observed annually?
1) June 1
2) June 4
3) May 30
4) May 14
5) June 15
Answer-2) June 4
4th June of every year is observed as the International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression decided by the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) to acknowledge the physical, mental and emotional abuse on the children around the world.
- Name the mobile app which was developed by National Informatics Centre (NIC) & launched by Girish Chandra Murmu, J&K Lieutenant Governor.
The Lieutenant Governor of Jammu & Kashmir, Girish Chandra Murmu launched the first version of the Salary Tracker Mobile app “MeraVetan” developed by the National Informatics Centre(NIC) – J&K State Centre on the Android Platform to provide end to end computerization of JK Payment System(JKPaySys) application, at the Raj Bhavan.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- ManikaBatra who is in news recently is associated with which sport?
3) Table Tennis
4) Short Distance Runner
Answer-3) Table Tennis
India’s table tennis star ManikaBatra was on Tuesday recommended for the prestigious Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award by the national federation TTFI. Manika, who missed out on India’s highest sporting honour last year, is the first woman paddler from her country to win a singles gold medal at the Commonwealth Games.
- Neeraj Chopra belongs to which sport?
1) Javelin Throw
2) Pole Vault
3) Hammer throw
4) Shot Put
5) Discus throw
Answer-1) Javelin Throw
The Athletics Federation of India on Wednesday confirmed recommending star javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra for the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award, country’s highest sporting honour.
- What is the currency of Bhutan?
The capital and currency of Bhutan are Thimphu&Bhutanese Ngultrum respectively.
- Where is the HQ of IndusInd bank located?
4) New Delhi
The HQ of IndusInd bank is located at Pune, Maharashtra.
- Name the country which is current (June 2020) president of United Nations Security Council (UNSC).
4) South Africa
France assumes the presidency of United Nations Security Council (UNSC) for June 2020.