AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 5 January 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download
- Ministry of Defence (MoD) signed a contract with Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) for procurement of 4th generation 10 Lynx U2 for frontline warships of Indian Navy on January, 2021, What is 10 Lynx U2?
1) Satellite based Navigation System
2) Gun Fire Control System
3) Anti-Submarine Missile Unit
4) Naval Air Controller & Tracking Unit
5) Supersonic Missile SystemAnswer-2) Gun Fire Control System
On December 31, 2020, Ministry of Defence (MoD) has signed a contract with Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) for procurement of 4th generation 10 Lynx U2 Fire Control systems for frontline warships of Indian Navy at a cost of Rs 1,355 crore under Buy (Indian) category in New Delhi. These will be delivered by BEL over the next five years. LYNX U2 GFCS is a Naval Gun Fire Control System to acquire, track and engage targets amidst sea clutter.
- Which National Park recently got notified from central government for 0-1 Km area around its boundary declared as Eco-Sensitive Zone, on January, 2021?
1) Mathikettan Shola National Park
2) Mouling National Park
3) Saddle Peak National Park
4) Nagarhole National Park
5) Gugamal National ParkAnswer-1) Mathikettan Shola National Park,Kerala
On January 1, 2021 The central government notified a zero to 1 km area around the boundary of Mathikettan Shola National Park in Idukki district, Kerala as an Eco-sensitive zone. The area of the Eco-Sensitive Zone is 17.5 square kilometers. The notification was issued by the Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change. This will conserve the uniqueness of Shola forest in Mathikettan and its importance as an elephant corridor.
- Which of the following port was not in the Rs.320 Crore Enterprise Business System (EBS) project recently implemented by Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways to provide a digital port ecosystem at 5 major ports as of January, 2021?1) Mumbai Port
2) Chennai Port
3) Visakhapatnam Port
4) Deendayal Port
5) Paradip PortAnswer-3) Visakhapatnam Port
In accordance with the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways, the government is implementing a Rs 320-crore Enterprise Business System (EBS) at five major ports of Mumbai, Chennai, Deendayal, Paradip, Kolkata (including Haldia) to provide a digital port ecosystem. Also, a centralised web-based port community system (PCS) has been operationalised across all major ports to enable seamless data flow between various stakeholders through common interface.
- Which organisation prepared the “Action Agenda for Atma Nirbhar Bharat (AAAN)” report that was recently released by Union Minister, Harsh Vardhan on January, 2021?
1) National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER)
2) Department of Science & Technology (DST)
3) Inter University Accelerator Centre (IUAC)
4) International Institute of Forecasters (IIF)
5) Technology Information Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC)Answer-5) Technology Information Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC)
The Union Minister of Science and Technology, Earth Sciences Health & Family Welfare Dr. Harsh Vardhan, released the Action Agenda for Atma Nirbhar Bharat (AAAN) prepared by Technology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC) in New Delhi. The document provided the recommendations focusing towards local to global to revive the Indian economy. It should be noted that earlier TIFAC prepared a report namely “Focused Interventions for ‘Make in India’: post COVID -19’ providing foresight towards the understanding of technology interventions in key sectors
- What was the annual growth rate predicted for all India House Price Index (HPI) in Q2 FY-21(July-September) as per RBI’s “Consumer Confidence Survey (CCS)” data, as of January, 2021?
5) 1.1%Answer-5) 1.1%
On January 1, 2021, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) launched the January 2021 round of household surveys namely “Inflation Expectations Survey of Households (IESH)” and “Consumer Confidence Survey (CCS)” to represent inflation expectations and consumer confidence. In accordance with RBI “Consumer Confidence Survey (CCS)” data, the annual growth (y-o-y) in all-India House Price Index (HPI) remained moderate at 1.1% in Q2FY21 (July-September) as compared to 2.8% in the Q1FY21 and 3.3% in Q2FY20.
- Who became the 1st woman Chairperson of SAIL on January, 2021?
1) Anil K Chaudhary
2) Soma Mondal
3) Chanda Kochhar
4) Rekha Sharma
5) Arundhati BhattacharyaAnswer-2) Soma Mondal
On January 1, 2021 Soma Mondal took charge as the chairman of Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL). She becomes the 1st woman chairperson of SAIL. She succeeds Anil Kumar Chaudhary who superannuated on December 31, 2020. Prior to this appointment Soma Mondal was serving as the Director (Commercial) of SAIL. SAIL is one of the largest steel-making companies in India. It is the Maharatna Central Public Sector Enterprises(CPSE).
- When was World Braille Day annually observed by United Nation?
1) 1st January
2) 2nd January
3) 4th January
4) 14th January
5) 12th JanuaryAnswer-3) 4th January
The United Nations(UN) World Braille Day is annually observed on 4th January, to promote and create awareness about the importance of Braille as a means of communication in the complete realization of the human rights of the visually impaired and partially sighted people. This year (2021) marks the 3rd edition of the World Braille Day. The day marks the birth anniversary of Louis Braille.
- Which organisation released the booklet “Building an Aatmanirbhar Bharat”?
1) Rajya Sabha
2) Lak Sabha
3) Ministry of External Affairs
4) Ministry of Railways
5) Prime Minister’s OfficeAnswer-4) Ministry of Railways
Ministry of Railways has released a booklet of achievements of Ministry of Railways in the year 2020 with the title “Building an Aatmanirbhar Bharat”. The booklet contains significant achievements and initiatives of Indian Railways in the year 2020 during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Which state was declared as ‘disturbed area’ for 6 more months under the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act (AFSPA) from Home Ministry on 30th December, 2020?
1) Jammu & Kashmir
3) Arunachal Pradesh
5) TripuraAnswer-4) Nagaland
The Union Home Ministry on Wednesday declared entire state of Nagaland as ‘disturbed area’ for six more months under the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act. Nagaland has been under the coverage of the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act (AFSPA) for almost six decades and it was not withdrawn even after a framework agreement was signed on August 3, 2015, by Naga insurgent group.
- Which country will join the “Five Eyes” to respond against the threats faced by Uyghurs, as of January, 2021?
5) ChinaAnswer-4) Japan
Five Eyes is a network of five nations – Australia, Britain, Canada, New Zealand and the US who collaborated to better respond to increasing threats to Uyghurs by North Korea and China. Japan is on its way to become the ‘sixth eye’.