AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 5 February 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Our Current Affairs November 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Top 10 Questions Based on Current Affairs 5 February 2022
- In which place GAIL India recently (in Feb’22) started India’s 1st Project of Mixing Hydrogen into Natural Gas system under National Hydrogen Mission?
1) Jamshedpur, Jharkhand
2) Indore, Madhya Pradesh
3) Noida, Uttar Pradesh
4) Patna, Bihar
5) Gandhinagar, GujaratAnswer-2) Indore, Madhya Pradesh
GAIL (India) Limited (Formerly known as Gas Authority of India Limited) has started India’s maiden project of mixing hydrogen into the natural gas system at Indore, Madhya Pradesh (MP).
i. The hydrogen blended natural gas will be supplied to Avantika Gas Limited, one of GAIL’s Joint Venture (JV) companies with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) in Indore, MP.
ii. This is a pilot project which is in line with the National Hydrogen Mission, for establishing the techno-commercial feasibility of blending hydrogen in the City Gas Distribution (CGD) network and moving towards a hydrogen-based and carbon-neutral future.
- Which Bank and Patanjali Ayurved Ltd was recently (in Feb’22) partnered with NPCI to launch 2 Contactless Credit Cards namely RuPay Platinum & RuPay Select?
1) Bank of India
2) Punjab National Bank
3) Bank of Maharashtra
4) Indian Bank
5) Bank of BarodaAnswer-2) Punjab National Bank
Punjab National Bank (PNB), and Patanjali Ayurved Limited (PAL) have launched two co-branded contactless credit cards in partnership with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) viz. PNB RuPay Platinum and PNB RuPay Select.
PNB RuPay Platinum– Rs 25,000 to Rs 5 lakhs
PNB RuPay Select– Rs 50,000 to Rs 10 lakhs
PNB RuPay Platinum– Insurance cover of Rs 2 lakhs for Accidental Death and Personal Total Disability
PNB RuPay Select– Insurance cover of Rs 10 lakhs for Accidental Death and Personal Total Disability
- RBI recently (in Feb’22) cancelled the licence of ___________ due to its inadequacy in earning prospects to Pay the customers.
1) Alavi Co-Op Bank Ltd.
2) Independence Co-operative Bank Ltd
3) Harij Nagrik Sahakari Bank Ltd.
4) Bhavani Sahakari Bank Ltd
5) Kalol Urban Co-op. Bank Ltd.Answer-2) Independence Co-operative Bank Ltd
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI), has cancelled the licence of Independence Co-operative Bank Limited in Nashik, Maharashtra and ceases to carry on banking business, with effect from 3rd February 2022, as the bank does not have adequate capital and earning prospects to pay its present depositors in full.
i. On liquidation, every depositor will receive deposit insurance claim amount of his/her deposits up to a monetary ceiling of Rs. 5,00,000 (Rupees Five lakh only) from Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC) subject to the provisions of the DICGC Act, 1961.
- In January 2022, Government of India underwent a conversion switch transaction of its securities with the RBI for an amount of _________.
1) Rs. 1,00,000 crore
2) Rs. 1,19,701 crore
3) Rs. 2,50,458 crore
4) Rs. 1,00,234 crore
5) Rs. 2,78,681 croreAnswer-2) Rs. 1,19,701 crore
The Government of India (GOI) has done a conversion switch transaction of its securities with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on January 28, 2022 for an amount of Rs. 1,19,701 crore (face value).
i. Objective – The GOI undertakes switch operations with RBI and also with market participants to smoothen the liability profile as well as for market development.
ii. The transaction involved buying back securities that are being matured in FY 2022-23, FY 2023-24 and FY 2024-25 from the RBI.
- Tata Sky recently (in Jan’22) rebranded itself as ____ to expand its television-cum-OTT (Over-The-Top).
1) Tata Digi
2) Tata Prime
3) Tata Star
4) Tata Play
5) Tata PocketAnswer-4) Tata Play
Tata Sky, one of the largest Direct to Home (DTH) platforms, has rebranded itself as ‘Tata Play’ to expand its television-cum-OTT (Over-The-Top) offerings in combined packages.
i. Tata Play Limited is a joint venture between Tata Sons and TFCF Corporation (formerly known as Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc.) and is now a part of the Walt Disney Company.
ii. Tata play was incorporated in 2001 and launched its services in 2006.
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the Winner of 73rd Republic Day Parade 2022?
A) Gujarat was selected as best state tableau in 73rd Republic Day parade 2022 with the theme of Kashi Vishwanath Dham & Cradle of Traditional Handicrafts.
B) Uttar Pradesh won the best state tableau under people’s choice awards category with the theme Biodiversity and State Bio-symbols of Uttar Pradesh.
C) The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) was named as the best marching contingent among Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF).
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) All A, B & CAnswer-3) Only C
Uttar Pradesh was selected as best state tableau in 73rd Republic Day parade 2022 with the theme of One District One Product & Kashi Vishwanath Dham followed by Karnataka.
i. Maharashtra won the best state tableau under people’s choice awards category with the theme Biodiversity and State Bio-symbols of Maharashtra and the general public was invited to vote for the 1st time through ‘MyGov platform’.
ii. The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) was named as the best marching contingent among Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF).
iii. The Indian Navy was named as the Best marching contingent category.
- Which of the following Games are included by the International Olympic Committee to the Summer Olympics Games 2028 that will be organized in Los Angeles, USA?
3) Sport Climbing
4) Both 1 & 3
5) All 1, 2 & 3Answer-5) All 1, 2 & 3
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) approved a proposal to include Surfing, Skateboarding and Sport Climbing for the 2028 Summer Olympics Games that will be organized in Los Angeles (LA), United States.
i. Surfing , Skateboarding and Sport Climbing had made their Olympic debut in Tokyo Olympics 2021 and will also be included in the “additional” list for Paris in 2024.
About International Olympic Committee (IOC):
President- Thomas Bach
Headquarters– Lausanne, Switzerland
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the Odisha Open 2022?
A) Unnati Hooda (India) has won the Women’s Singles title at the Odisha Open 2022 & became the youngest Indian to win the Tournament.
B) Kiran George (India) has won the men’s singles by defeasting Priyanshu Rajawat (India).
C) Odisha Open 2022 was a Badminton World Federation (BWF) Super 100 tournament held at Cuttack, Odisha in January 2022.
1) All A, B & C
2) Only B & C
3) Only A & B
4) Only A & C
5) Only CAnswer-1) All A, B & C
Unnati Hooda (India) has won the Women’s Singles title at the Odisha Open 2022 & became the youngest Indian to win the Tournament.
i. Kiran George (India) has won the men’s singles by defeasting Priyanshu Rajawat (India).
ii. Odisha Open 2022 was a Badminton World Federation (BWF) Super 100 tournament held at Cuttack, Odisha in January 2022.
- Christos Sartzetakis recently (in Feb’22) passed away. He is the former President of which country?
5) ItalyAnswer-4) Greece
Former President of Greece Christos Sartzetakis passed away at the age of 92 years due to respiratory failure in Athens, Greece.
i. He served as the President of Greece for a four year term (1985 to 1990), after getting nominated by the socialist PASOK party.
- What is the Campaign theme of World Cancer Day 2022 that is observed across the globe annually on 4th February?
1) Close the Care Gap- I Am and I Will
2) Close the Care Gap- We can. I can
3) Close the Care Gap- Realizing the problem
4) Close the Care Gap- Together, we challenge those in power
5) Close the Care Gap- Uniting our voices and taking actionAnswer-3) Close the Care Gap- Realizing the problem
World Cancer Day is annually observed across the globe on 4th February to create awareness about Cancer and prevent the millions of deaths due to cancer.
i. The Campaign theme of World Cancer Day for 2022 to 2024 is “Close the Care Gap”. The Campaign theme of World Cancer Day 2022 is “Close the Care Gap- Realizing the problem”.
ii. World Cancer Day is an initiative of the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC), the largest and oldest international cancer organization & the Day was initiated on 4th February 2000 at the World Summit Against Cancer for the New Millennium in Paris.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification