AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 5 February 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- What is the required minimum duration of stay in India a Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) to be considered as Resident of India as per ‘Companies (Incorporation) Second Amendment Rules, 2021’?
1) 186 days
2) 90 days
3) 100 days
4) 120 days
5) 136 days
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) 120 days
Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) has amended the ‘Companies (Incorporation) Rules, 2014’ to make changes in the definition of One Person Companies (OPCs) Rules. The new changes will be called as ‘Companies (Incorporation) Second Amendment Rules, 2021’. The Changes allow Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) to incorporate one person companies (OPCs) in India. Previously Non Resident Indians (NRIs) were not allowed to start OPCs. The residency period for being considered as a Resident in India has been reduced to 120 days from 182 days for NRIs.
- Recently (in Feb 2021), Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) gave approval for 100% strategic divestment of Indian government’s share in _____________.
1) Power Finance Corporation (PFC)
2) Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL)
3) Oil India Limited
4) Rashtriya Chemicals & Fertilizers (RCF)
5) National Aluminium Company (NALCO)
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL)
On January 27, 2021 The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) gave in-principle approval for 100% strategic divestment of Indian Government’s shareholding in Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL). In addition to this it also gave approval for management control of RINL by way of privatization. The Government in the budget 2021-2022 stated that it has set a target of Rs 1.75 lakh crore from stake sale in public sector companies and financial institutions, including 2 Public Sector Banks and one General Insurance company.
- Maritime Union of India (MUI) urged the Ministry of Shipping to take note of “Neptune Declaration” while preparing the ‘Maritime India Vision 2030’. What is the Key focus of “Neptune Declaration”?
1) Reduction of Service Tax
2) Eliminating Oil Spills
3) Guided Fishing Approaches
4) Welfare of Seafarers
5) Improving Ocean Health
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Welfare of Seafarers
Maritime Union of India (MUI) urged the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways of India to take note of “Neptune Declaration on Seafarer Wellbeing and Crew Change” while preparing the ‘Maritime India Vision 2030’. The Neptune declaration initiated by Global Maritime Forum focuses on Recognition of seafarers as key workers by Governments of all countries in line with UN General Assembly resolution adopted on December 1, 2020. MUI has urged the Ministry of Shipping to permanently accord the status of ‘Key Workers’ to Indian seafarers.
- What is promoted through the “Switch Delhi” campaign?
1) Use of Disposable Mask
2) LED Bulbs
3) Electric Vehicles
4) Water Conservation
5) Pollution Control
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Electric Vehicles
On 4th February 2021, Arvind Kejriwal, the Chief Minister of Delhi, launched “Switch Delhi” a campaign to promote the use of Electric Vehicles and to encourage people to buy electric vehicles to reduce the pollution in Delhi. The government of Delhi has set a target of 25% of electric vehicles in the total registration in Delhi by 2024. As a part of this campaign he announced that the government of Delhi will hire only electric vehicles for other purposes in the next 6 weeks.
- Recently (in Feb 2021), RBI imposed a penalty of Rs. 55 lakhs to ____________ for non-compliance to certain directions, including ‘Master Circular – Management of Advances -UCBs’.
1) Seva Vikas Cooperative Bank
2) Bhadran People’s Cooperative Bank
3) Financial Cooperative Bank
4) Hindustan Coop Bank
5) Laxmi Vishnu Sahakari Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Seva Vikas Cooperative Bank
RBI imposed a Rs 55 lakh penalty on Pune-based Seva Vikas Cooperative Bank Limited for non-compliance with certain directions, including ‘Master Circular – Management of Advances -UCBs’ and ‘Master Circular – Income Recognition, Asset Classification, Provisioning and Other Related Matters – UCBs’.
- Which Institute recently (in Feb 2021) signed an MoU with Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) to provide technological assistance in Road construction?
1) IIT, Madras
2) NIT, Trichy
4) NIT, Agartala
5) MNNIT, Allahabad
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) IIT-BHU
On 4th February, 2021 Indian Institute of Technology – Banaras Hindu University (IIT-BHU) signed an Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) as a move to up-grade road construction in India, through scientific research.
- Who was recently (in Feb 2021), appointed as the President of Asian Cricket Council (ACC)?
1) Anil Kumble
2) Najmul Hasan Papon
3) Sourav Ganguly
4) Muttiah Muralitharan
5) Jay Shah
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Jay Shah
On 30th January 2021, Jay Shah, secretary of Board of Control for Cricket in India(BCCI) was elected as new President of Asian Cricket Council (ACC) at the Annual General Meeting of ACC which was held virtually due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Jay Shah (32 years) is the youngest administrator to be appointed as the President of ACC. He will succeed Najmul Hasan Papon, the Chief of Bangladesh Cricket Board(BCB).
- What was the total medal count of India at the 1st Asian Online Shooting Championship, held in January 2021?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) 11
India’s 24-Member Indian Shooting Contingent topped the Medals Tally by bagging 11 Medals – 4 Gold, 2 Silver & 5 Bronze Medals at the First Asian Online Shooting Championship organized by Kuwait Shooting Federation from January 29-30, 2021.
Winner Category Saurabh Chaudhary Men’s 10m Air Pistol Divyansh Singh Panwar Men’s 10m Air Rifle Kynan Chenai Men’s Trap Rajeshwari Kumari Women’s Trap
- Which was the book published by International Olympic Committee (IOC) recently (in Feb 2021), that outlines the responsibilities to ensure safe & successful Olympic & Paralympic Games?
1) IOC Manual of Sports Injuries
3) Olympic Media
4) The Olympic Games effect
5) Epidemiology of Injury in Olympic Sports
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Playbook
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) announced that it has published the first “Playbook”, a resource which outlines the “personal responsibilities key stakeholders must take” to play their role in ensuring safe and successful Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- When is World Cancer Day annually observed?
1) 28th January
2) 4th February
3) 1st February
4) January Last Sunday
5) February First Sunday
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) 4th February
World Cancer Day is annually observed across the globe on 4th February to create awareness and educate the general public about the stigma around cancer and to reduce the preventable deaths. The World Cancer Day is a global uniting initiative led by the Union of International Cancer Control (UICC). The theme of the World Cancer Day for 2019 to 2021 is “I Am and I Will”. The theme of World Cancer Day 2021 is “I Am and I Will: “Together, all our actions matter”.