AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 5 April 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
Our Current Affairs December 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- Name the company that has recently (in March ‘23) signed a contract with the Ministry of Defence (MoD) for the modernisation of Naval Aircraft Yards (NAYs) at Goa and Kochi, Kerala.
1) ABG Shipyard Limited
2) Ultra Dimensions Private Limited
3) MTAR Technologies
4) Cochin Shipyard Limited
5) Garden Reach Shipbuilders & EngineersAnswer-2) Ultra Dimensions Private Limited
On 31st March 2023, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) signed a contract with Ultra Dimensions Private Limited (UDPL), Visakhapatnam for the modernisation of Naval Aircraft Yards (NAYs) at Goa and Kochi (Kerala), at a cost of approximately Rs 470 crore.
i. The NAYs would service and repair Naval Aircraft, Aero Engines, Rotables and Test Equipment at Goa and Kochi, Kerala.
ii. The MoD has also signed a contract with Mecon Ltd, Ranchi, Jharkhand, as Project Monitoring Consultant, at a cost of Rs 24 crore.
- In April 2023, the ______ edition of annual India-Sri Lanka bilateral maritime exercise – SLINEX (Sri Lanka-India Naval Exercise) 2023 was commenced in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
5) 6thAnswer-4) 10th
On April 3, 2023, the 10th edition of annual India-Sri Lanka bilateral maritime exercise – SLINEX (Sri Lanka-India Naval Exercise) 2023, between Sri Lanka Navy (SLN) and India Navy (IN) commenced in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
i. The exercise is divided into two phases, namely the Harbour Phase, which will be held from April 3-5, 2023, in Colombo followed by the Sea Phase from April 6-8, 2023, off Colombo.
• IN: INS Kiltan (Advanced Anti Submarine Warfare Corvette) and INS Savitri (Offshore Patrol Vessel). Participant: Chetak helicopter and Dornier Maritime Patrol Aircraft
• SLN: SLNS Gajabahu (Advance Offshore Patrol Vessel) and SLNS Sagara (OPV). Participant: Sri Lanka Air Force Dornier and BEL 412 helicopters
- Name the bank that has recently (in April ‘23) collaborated with Visa to launch “Digital Dukaan”, a business management solution for merchants.
1) ICICI Bank
2) HDFC Bank
3) YES Bank
4) IndusInd Bank
5) Axis BankAnswer-5) Axis Bank
The third-largest private sector bank in India, Axis Bank, has collaborated with Visa and announced the launch of “Digital Dukaan”, a comprehensive digital offering that would allow merchants to accept payments through a number of digital modes and conduct day-to-day business digitally.
i. Digital Dukaan, an Android Smart POS (Point of Sale) application, is exclusively developed to address business needs such as accepting digital payments, inventory management, billing, and much more.
ii. It will offer value-added services like EMI (Equated Monthly Instalment), BQR, Sodexo card acceptance, Buy Now Pay Later, etc.
- Which bank has recently (in March ‘23) signed an agreement with SBI Life Insurance Company Limited (SBI Life) to market the insurance scheme?
1) Karur Vysya Bank
2) South Indian Bank
3) IDBI Bank
4) Dhanlaxmi Bank
5) Kotak Mahindra BankAnswer-1) Karur Vysya Bank
In March 2023, Karur Vysya Bank Limited (KVB) signed an agreement with SBI Life Insurance Company Limited (SBI Life) to market the insurance scheme of SBI Life Insurance through the branches of the KVB.
i. SBI Life Insurance is a joint venture between the State Bank of India(SBI) and the French financial institution BNP Paribas Cardif.
ii. This partnership will provide a boost to the insurance sector by making holistic insurance solutions accessible to larger populations across India.
- Name the fintech company that has recently (in April ‘23) introduced ‘Pincode,’ an e-commerce consumer app on India’s Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC) Platform.
4) Google Pay
5) Razorpay SoftwareAnswer-3) PhonePe
PhonePe, a Walmart-owned fintech firm, has announced the introduction of ‘Pincode,’ an e-commerce consumer app that would be integrated into India’s Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC) framework (Platform).
• The Pincode app will be initially made available in Bengaluru (Karnataka) in six major categories, including groceries, food, pharmaceuticals, electronics, home decor, and fashion.
• It will then be made available in other cities once it achieves a transaction volume of about 10,000 per day.
i. Pincode is a hyperlocal commerce app that is available on Google Play and the App Store and It is centered on the ONDC network, which fosters demand for merchants to be digitized by multiple seller platforms inclusively while fostering new prospects for growth and innovation at scale.
- In April 2023, the State Bank of India (SBI)’s ‘WECARE’ Senior Citizens’ Fixed Deposit scheme for senior citizens was extended upto __________.
1) 31st July 2023
2) 31st August 2023
3) 30th November 2023
4) 31st May 2023
5) 30th June 2023Answer-5) 30th June 2023
The State Bank of India (SBI) has extended the term of “WECARE” special fixed deposit (FD) scheme for senior citizens, which was introduced in May 2020 with an initial maturity date of September 2020. The scheme has now got an extension of 3 months and it will be now available for subscription till 30th June 2023.
i. Previously in September 2022, the scheme was extended till 31st March 2023.
ii. SBI introduces a new Deposit Scheme “SBI WECARE” protecting their income by offering additional interest on Term Deposits.
- In the “India Development Update” (Spring 2023 Edition) released in April 2023, the World Bank (WB) reduced its fiscal year 2023-24 (FY24) growth projection for India to _________ from 6.6% in December 2022 (FY23).
5) 6.1%Answer-4) 6.3%
The World Bank (WB) lowered its fiscal year 2023-24 (FY24) growth projection for India to 6.3% in its “India Development Update” (Spring 2023 Edition), down from 6.6% in December 2022 (FY23).
• It further added that slower consumption growth and unfavourable external conditions are anticipated to restrain India’s GDP growth.
i. The World Bank projected a 6.9% growth in FY23.
ii. The report also states that, while headline inflation remains high, it is expected to fall to 5.2% in FY24, down from 6.6% in the current fiscal year (FY23).
iii. According to RBI data, India’s services exports increased 24.5% year on year (Y-o-Y) in October-December 2022, reaching a record of USD 83.4 billion during the quarter.
- Name the company that has recently (in April ‘23) been selected by Bane NOR to strengthen identity and access management across its digital landscape.
1) Tata Consultancy Services
2) Infosys Limited
3) HCL Technologies Limited
4) Wipro Limited
5) IBMAnswer-1) Tata Consultancy Services
Mumbai (Maharashtra)-based Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), an Indian multinational information technology services and consulting company, has been selected by Bane NOR, the Norwegian government agency responsible for maintaining, operating, and developing the Norwegian railway network, to enable secure access to the latter’s digital systems.
i. Bane NOR needed an end-to-end partner to better secure employees’, partners’, and train operators’ access to business systems.
ii. The identity and access management (IAM) module of TCS’ Cyber Security Suite, TCS IdentiFence, is a key lever in this transformation.
- Who was recently (in March ‘23) appointed as the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Axis Securities Limited?
1) Pranav Haridasan
2) Rajiv Anand
3) Arun Thukral
4) Nithya Easwaran
5) Hemant PatelAnswer-1) Pranav Haridasan
Axis Securities Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Axis Bank, announced the appointment of Pranav Haridasan as its new Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for a tenure of 3 years.
i. He will succeed the current MD & CEO, B Gopkumar, who is set to transfer to Axis Asset Management Company as MD & CEO as part of the internal succession plan of Axis Group.
ii. Prior to this appointment, Pranav Haridasan was serving as the MD and Co-Head of Equities at Axis Capital.
- What was the theme of the United Nations (UN) International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action 2023 that was observed across the globe on 4th April 2023?
1) End the threat
2) Safe Ground, Safe Steps, Safe Home
3) Turning Minefields into Playing Fields
4) Mine Action Cannot Wait
5) Safe Mine, Safe StepsAnswer-4) Mine Action Cannot Wait
United Nations (UN)’s International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action 2023 was observed across the globe on 4th April 2023 with the theme of “Mine Action Cannot Wait”.
i. 4th April 2023 marks the commemoration of the 18th International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action.
ii. The 1st ever International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action was observed on 4th April 2006.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification