AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 5 & 6 February 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
- Name the company that has recently (in Feb ‘23) introduced drone technology in coal mines by launching “VIHANGAM,” a web-based portal.
1) Eastern Coalfields Ltd
2) Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd
3) Bharat Coking Coal Ltd
4) Northern Coalfield Ltd
5) Central Coalfields LtdAnswer-2) Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd
Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd (MCL), a premier Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE) under the Ministry of Coal, has introduced drone technology in coal mines by launching “VIHANGAM,” a web-based portal that includes a drone and ground control system.
• MCL is a wholly owned subsidiary of Coal India Limited (CIL).
• CIL accounts for more than 80% of domestic coal output.
i. The “VIHANGAM” portal enables authorised users to access real-time drone video from the mine via a dedicated 40 Mbps internet lease line located near the mines.
ii. The drone is flown by a control station, and the system is controllable through the portal from any location.
- Name the Indian company that was included in the list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies” of 2023 by FORTUNE Magazine in February 2023?
1) Infosys Limited
2) Wipro Limited
3) Tata Consultancy Services
4) HCL Technologies Limited
5) Tech MahindraAnswer-3) Tata Consultancy Services
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has been included in the 25th edition of FORTUNE magazine’s list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies” for 2023.
i. The list, which is regarded as a benchmark of corporate reputation, is based on a survey of global business executives, directors, and analysts.
ii. In the annual ranking of corporate reputation, Apple topped the list for the 16th consecutive year, followed by a tie between Amazon and Microsoft for the 2nd spot.
- According to the “Global Leader Approval” survey released by Morning Consult in February 2023, who has become the most popular leader in the world for the 2nd consecutive year, with a 78% approval rating?
1) Joe Biden (President of United States)
2) Narendra Modi (Prime Minister of India)
3) Andrés Manuel López Obrador (President of Mexico)
4) Rishi Sunak (Prime Minister of the United Kingdom)
5) Emmanuel Macron (President of France)Answer-2) Narendra Modi (Prime Minister of India)
According to the “Global Leader Approval” survey by US-based consulting firm Morning Consult, Prime Minister (PM) of India Narendra Modi has become the most popular leader in the world for the 2nd consecutive year, with a 78% approval rating.
i. He is rated highest among the 22 countries studied, followed by Andrés Manuel López Obrador, President of Mexico with an approval of 68%.
ii. PM Narendra Modi received an approval rating way ahead of US President Joe Biden, who received a 40% rating.
- Who has recently (in Feb ‘23) appointed as the Brand Ambassador for Nutella India by Ferrero, Chocolate company?
1) Akshay Kumar
2) Ranbir Kapoor
3) Arjun Kapoor
4) Ranveer Singh
5) Vicky KaushalAnswer-4) Ranveer Singh
Chocolate company Ferrero has signed Bollywood Actor Ranveer Singh as the brand ambassador of its hazelnut cocoa spread brand Nutella India.
i. Ranveer Singh will actively participate in their different initiatives and promote the Nutella brand through both online and offline marketing channels.
ii. The brands endorsed by Ranveer Singh are MakeMyTrip, Thums Up, Bingo, Maruti Suzuki, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Adidas Originals, and Nivea among others.
- In February 2023, The Ministry of Communications has approved the conversion of Rs. 16,133 crore in accrued interest on deferred Adjusted Gross Revenue (AGR) dues of debt-ridden Vodafone Idea into equity.
The GoI to become the Largest Shareholder of Vodafone Idea with _______ Stake.
5) 51%Answer-3) 33%
The Ministry of Communications has approved the conversion of Rs. 16133,18,48,990 (~Rs. 16,133 crore) in accrued interest on deferred adjusted gross revenue (AGR) dues of debt-ridden Vodafone Idea into equity.
• The company has been directed to issue 1613,31,84,899 (~1613.31 crore) equity shares with a face value of Rs. 10 each at an issue price of Rs. 10 each.
i. The conversion will make GoI the single-largest shareholder in Vodafone Idea, with a projected stake of around 33%.
- In February 2023, the Union Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports, Anurag Singh, and the Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K), Manoj Sinha, launched the mascot, theme song, and jersey for the _____ edition of the Khelo India Winter Games, to be held in Gulmarg, J&K.
5) 2ndAnswer-1) 3rd
The Mascot, Theme Song, and Jersey for the 3rd edition of the Khelo India Winter Games were launched by Anurag Singh Thakur, Union Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports, with Manoj Sinha, the Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K), at Raj Bhawan, Jammu, J&K.
• The 3rd edition of the Khelo India Winter Games, a 5-day event, is scheduled to be held from 10-14 February 2023 in Gulmarg, Jammu, and Kashmir.
i. Mascot: The Snow Leopard depicts the vibrant heritage of the Himalayas.
ii. The J & K Sports Council and the Winter Games Association of J&K are in charge of organising the Khelo India Winter Games, which is funded by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
• The games, which will feature 9 sports events, will feature about 1500 competitors from across India.
- Vani Jairam, Veteran Singer & Padma Bhushan awardee passed away in February 2023.
In which year, she was honoured with “Padma Bhushan award” in the field of Art?
5) 2020Answer-4) 2023
Vani Jairam, the famed and veteran singer who was recently honoured with India’s third-highest civilian award, the “Padma Bhushan” (2023 in the field of Art), passed away in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, at the age of 78. She was born in the Vellore district of Tamil Nadu and her parents originally named her Kalaivani.
i. In July 2017, she was honored with the Best Female Singer at the North American Film Awards (NAFA) 2017 event at New York City, United States.
ii. National Film Awards
• Vani was awarded the Best Female Playback Singer (Tamil) award in 1975 for her songs in the Tamil film “Apoorva Raagangal.”
• She got the Best Female Playback Singer (Telugu) award in 1980 for her songs in the Telugu film “Sankarabharanam.”
• She received her third national award in 1991 for the song “Anathineeyara Hara” from the Telugu film “Swathi Kiranam.”
- When was the 3rd International Day of Human Fraternity 2023 observed across the globe by the United Nations (UN)?
1) 3rd February 2023
2) 5th February 2023
3) 4th February 2023
4) 1st February 2023
5) 2nd February 2023Answer-3) 4th February 2023
The United Nations (UN)’s International Day of Human Fraternity is annually observed across the globe on February 4 to honour the principles of compassion, religious understanding, and mutual respect that keep humans united.
i. 4th February 2023 marks the observance of the 3rd International Day of Human Fraternity.
ii. International Day of Human Fraternity falls in the middle of International Interfaith Harmony Week, which is observed annually during the 1st week of February.
iii. The 1st ever International Day of Human Fraternity was observed on 4th February 2021.
- When was World Cancer Day (WCD) 2023 observed across the globe?
1) 4th February 2023
2) 1st February 2023
3) 5th February 2023
4) 3rd February 2023
5) 2nd February 2023Answer-1) 4th February 2023
World Cancer Day (WCD) 2023 was observed across the globe on 4th February 2023 to raise awareness towards cancer and to encourage its identification, prevention, and treatment.
• The Campaign theme of World Cancer Day 2022-2024 is “Close the care gap”.
• The Campaign theme of World Cancer Day 2023 is “Close the care Gap: Uniting our voices and taking action”.
i. The 2023 campaign invites like-minded individuals to join to strengthen alliances and new innovative collaborations in the fight against cancer.
ii. World Cancer Day is an initiative of the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC), the largest and oldest international cancer organisation.
- Name the state/UT that has recently (in Feb ’23) launched a Heli-Tourism Service, the 1st premium Helicopter service, under the public-private partnership (PPP) model.
1) Himachal Pradesh
2) Jammu and Kashmir
5) GoaAnswer-5) Goa
Dr Pramod Sawant, Chief Minister of Goa, launched a Heli-Tourism Service, the 1st premium Helicopter service, under the public-private partnership (PPP) model from the Dauji-Ella helipad (Old Goa) in Panaji, Goa.
• PPP- The services are provided by Goa Tourism Development Corporation (GTDC) in association with Soaring Aerospace Pvt Ltd.
i. The Helipad at Dauji-Ella, Old Goa, has been constructed under the Swadesh Darshan Scheme of the Ministry of Tourism (MOT).
ii. The Heli-Tourism Service offers 10-minute joy rides to tourists for Rs.8,000 per person, charter flights, airport transfer rides and customised heli-tours for tourists wanting to travel to nearby places such as Hampi, Kolhapur and Shirdi.